PDA

View Full Version : Where will Connor go next ? (no spoilers ... yet )

killzab
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
Next as in character development, but location too.

I can see France happening, but that's not really my point.

I'm mainly talking about character arc.

What do you think would be compelling to happen to him ?

I think he needs a romance, I can understand the absence of one in the first game, as it would have been too bloated with character arcs, but I think a sequel with Connor shoud feature a love interest. And I want it to be Aveline, because she's a really interesting character that deserves to come to the big screen and her interaction with Connor would benefit them both.

Will_Lucky
12-05-2012, 06:52 PM
If I was writing it, I'd let him have a child early and send him his grave. Get someone else to do the job of the French Revolution who actually feels something for it.

D.I.D.
12-05-2012, 07:01 PM
I guess as a character who was born in a place of stability in his own culture's native land, who then had invaders come in and wreck everything, and then worked to create a new stable society and a home, I can't really see him doing anything else. His people have been scattered, and I don't know if he would want to find them given that he grew up away from them, and now he's got bonds with people who have a good balance of cooperation between them. If he was looking for a model of what kind of man to become, I guess he'd try and cultivate the characteristics of Achilles, and he only really knew him in retirement.

None of that really lends itself to an AC drama.

pirate1802
12-05-2012, 07:24 PM
If I was writing it, I'd let him have a child early and send him his grave. Get someone else to do the job of the French Revolution who actually feels something for it.

Then I thank sweet Jesus you're not the one writing the game..

D.I.D.
12-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Then I thank sweet Jesus you're not the one writing the game..

They created Connor for the American Revolution, and he was a great choice for that. I remember one of the defences Alex Hutchison made for why AC3 wouldn't have a female assassin was that they needed a character who could bridge two worlds, and he justified the choice of a male assassin by saying that women couldn't have been present at important events such as Washington's private speeches.

Native Americans certainly could and did travel back and forth between the Americas and Europe long before Connor's time and were accomplished sailors and traders, but for something as major as the French Revolution we'd need a character who could move within French society with the greatest of ease. I think that setting would be a stretch for Connor, and that it requires a French-born character.

TheHumanTowel
12-05-2012, 08:16 PM
I guess as a character who was born in a place of stability in his own culture's native land, who then had invaders come in and wreck everything, and then worked to create a new stable society and a home, I can't really see him doing anything else. His people have been scattered, and I don't know if he would want to find them given that he grew up away from them, and now he's got bonds with people who have a good balance of cooperation between them. If he was looking for a model of what kind of man to become, I guess he'd try and cultivate the characteristics of Achilles, and he only really knew him in retirement.

None of that really lends itself to an AC drama.
Yeah I like Connor as a character but his arc in AC3 was pretty complete. I don't see much potential for development there.