PDA

View Full Version : Fans get ripped off by AC DLC's

brookzinc
12-05-2012, 05:22 PM
This subject pisses me off alot.

First off, i love Assassins Creed and have been a huge fan since the first one. I own all the ultimate most expensive versions of all the AC games for PS3 (well, only from AC II 'till now since i didn't have a PS3 when the first AC game came out, though i have a collectors edition of AC1 for PC). I go for these NOT ONLY because i'm a collector, but also because i want to have as much extra stuff as possible ingame for games i really love (therefore - AC II Black Edition - AC:B Codex Edition - AC:R Animus Edition - AC III Freedom Edition).

But then, in AC:R Ubisoft went and made a DLC after launch wich is ofcourse great, BUT, they release the DLC with EVERYTHING from the Animus Edition (wich i paid a relatively big sum of money to get) PLUS a little extra... WHY, do i have to pay AGAIN for stuff i already paid for ?!?! I really wanted to get the Lost Archives, to get the whole story, but not when i've already paid for 50% of DLC buy getting the collectors edition. So, i haven't bought it. Watched a walkthrough on Youtube instead.

Now they do it again with the new DLC for AC III. The Lost Mayan Temple (just to name one) was an exclusive DLC for the collectors Edition(s?) but now again, if i want to get some of the other stuff that didn't come with the Freedom Edition i have to pay for that again ?!?! seriously ?

Am i really the only one feeling screwed by this ???

xboxauditore
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I ordered the Freedom Edition when I bought the game and It didn't bother me at all when they released the Sawtooth sword I had in the DLC, I got to get it FIRST, I knew eventually they would do this, They always do, It is a little bit Irritating, But I've still got my Connor Statue and my George Washington notebook, So I don't feel screwed.

True_Assassin92
12-05-2012, 05:34 PM
They already ripped people off by making the season pass PS3 store exclusive. If you don't trust to pay with a creditcard, you get ripped off by having to buy 2x20eu PS card. It's a smart move, Sony, I've got to admit that. It's obvious they actually make us pay 10 bucks/ euros for "the 60 min free PS exclusive content", which was actually only 30 min.

montagemik
12-05-2012, 06:50 PM
They already ripped people off by making the season pass PS3 store exclusive. If you don't trust to pay with a creditcard, you get ripped off by having to buy 2x20eu PS card. It's a smart move, Sony, I've got to admit that. It's obvious they actually make us pay 10 bucks/ euros for "the 60 min free PS exclusive content", which was actually only 30 min.

The PS3 Season pass IS NOT PS Store exclusive.

twenty_glyphs
12-05-2012, 07:11 PM
I feel like they're handling the DLC even worse than the last couple of games with AC3. Yes, the pre-order and other special "exclusive" missions have always come out with the DLC later, but it was always part of a $10 DLC in the past and that DLC came out about 3 months after the game's release. At least being part of a bigger package kind of justified "paying" for content you already had. But when it's part of a small package, it feels even more like you are paying for something you already have. Now they release the pre-order and special edition missions just over one month after AC3's release, which makes people feel even more cheated. At least in the past you could say you had early access for 2-3 months, but now it's so short it hardly feels worth it.

The other thing that was handled poorly is that this pre-order content is the special one week early access package that you get for the Season Pass. I find that rather insulting, considering that most of the people who bought the Season Pass were very likely to have pre-ordered the game and gotten some of this DLC content already. So a major selling point they touted when announcing the Season Pass was to get early access to frivolous content that many people already have parts from. I find that to be a joke, quite frankly.

This is why I will never buy a season pass for a game's DLC unless you tell me exactly what I'm getting for my money ahead of time. AC3's Season Pass asks me to pay 50% of the game's price for access to a vague "5 packs of DLC" at a discount and special one-week exclusive early access to the first DLC pack. Why would I drop $30 for something when I have no idea what I'm really getting? If I'd bought the Season Pass and found out this pre-order content was one of the 5 packs, I'd be pretty upset because there's no way I would pay money for this flimsy content.

UrDeviant1
12-05-2012, 07:17 PM
I would like the 'deadly secret' DLC that Is part of the first content drop. But like you say, I'm not gonna buy It when I already own 90% of the what's Included. ah well.