PDA

View Full Version : Make the forts be contested!

TrueAssassin77
12-05-2012, 05:07 PM
the forts were one of the best parts of the game.... it saddens me that i only get to do a few of them.

it'd be cool if they had he same mechanic as the convoys where British can attack the forts and the conflict will appear on your map. You will partake in a small scale battle inside the fort with your patriot "allies", maybe even have the mechanic were if you choose to assassinate the attacking commander, the British instantly retreat or lose moral. if you don't respond to the map alert the British retake the fort... and it'd be extremely fun to infiltrate multiple time... ACR had a similar mechanic in the tower defense feature... if that feature was implemented in these forts... GODLY guys. just plain awesome

M413FIK-E
12-05-2012, 05:26 PM
I agree with this. UBISOFT, do this guy over here a favor and make this happen as a DLC.... NOW!!!!

xboxauditore
12-05-2012, 05:32 PM
That does sound really cool, Wish something like that would happen,

But to be realistic, It would be kinda hard to sneak 30+ British Redcoats into a District to attack the forts, But screw reality this is Assassins Creed!

ProdiGurl
12-05-2012, 06:39 PM
ACR's den defense idea was excellent - most of us liked the concept but I think open combat would have been a better system for defense.
I love the Convoy attacks and defense when you do your trading.
If they did open combat, they would need it to be alot harder to keep it defended than how it is now, otherwise you won't have that much challenge.
Maybe have to call in your assassins for help?? I like having to use them. Something more dynamic to the battle for the fort or whatever you're defending.

montagemik
12-05-2012, 06:44 PM
People still under the illusion 'Patriots' are Connors allies ??? ..................Depends on definition & understanding. :nonchalance:

xboxauditore
12-05-2012, 06:47 PM
People still under the illusion 'Patriots' are Connors allies ??? ..................Depends on definition & understanding. :nonchalance:

I think it would be better if you could kill all of them then raise a Flag with a Tomahawk on it, With the words "Kanien'keha:ka B**ches!"

TrueAssassin77
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
i did say "allies"

TrueAssassin77
12-05-2012, 11:19 PM
i still think it would have been the best thing ever

CalgaryJay
12-05-2012, 11:25 PM
Ya, forts were definitely awesome. I'm happy (and surprised, thought it'd only be for story missions) that you're actually able to replay them in the menu.

NyxCrab
12-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Calgary, you can replay the forts? How?

CalgaryJay
12-06-2012, 03:34 AM
Ah my bad, ya you can't. I haven't played AC3 in over a week since beating it, just put er back in so I could figure it out. I just remembered seeing a "Forts" section in Synchronization section where you replay all the other levels. I assumed it was included, but upon further review its just for checking your stats for it.

Well aren't I just a big tease..

Roanark
12-06-2012, 05:18 AM
Well, I just hope they add something for after-game... After you do everything there's nothing.
No defense, no forts, no missions, no random events... Nothing but running in circles. :l

TrueAssassin77
12-06-2012, 05:21 AM
Well, I just hope they add something for after-game... After you do everything there's nothing.
No defense, no forts, no missions, no random events... Nothing but running in circles. :l

literally what i have been doing.

get the guards attention and escape for 20 minutes :/

TrueAssassin77
12-06-2012, 04:53 PM
suprises me that this isn't already a feature

WarriorAegis
12-06-2012, 04:56 PM
No.

No Den Defense. Besides, Ubi promised us back in March that it wouldn't return. It didn't, and it won't.

TrueAssassin77
12-06-2012, 05:09 PM
No.

No Den Defense. Besides, Ubi promised us back in March that it wouldn't return. It didn't, and it won't.

what are you talking about?

pacmanate
12-06-2012, 05:41 PM
AC:B - Had the idea of gaining forts
AC:R - Devs said they thought it was better to have them contested again
AC3 - Went back to AC:B's style

LOGIC, WELL DONE UBI.

TrueAssassin77
12-06-2012, 05:46 PM
AC:B - Had the idea of gaining forts
AC:R - Devs said they thought it was better to have them contested again
AC3 - Went back to AC:B's style

LOGIC, WELL DONE UBI.

they started production of AC3 at the same time as ACB. actually makes sense why they have the same structure. in the next game, they are combining the best elements of AC2, ACB and ACR, since they finally have the collected feedback of all the games.

Sushiglutton
12-06-2012, 06:18 PM
Meh I don't like it when things go backwards. Better to have the possibility to replay them through the menu imo. Not sure why that wasn't included. No biggie though. Replaying the same forts over and over would get old fast.

InfectedNation
12-06-2012, 06:51 PM
There were no more fights between Loyalists and Patriots after 1783 - So it would make NO sense to be retaking forts after the end of the game.

I found that the most enjoyable thing to do after completing the game is.... taking a day or 2 break, and then starting all over again :)

And set yourself a goal like roleplaying Connor's personality/behaviour by only killing when necessary or completing all the side missions before then end of the story.