PDA

View Full Version : A Better AC3 Ending - SPOILERS

TheBorderDog
12-05-2012, 03:42 PM
This is my alternate ending to AC3, I hope you read the whole thing, I think it's pretty good.

I, like many, was super disappointed with the ending to AC3. I thought the idea was fine, I was completely fine with the death of Desmond and so on, but the execution was horrible. You felt like Desmond did nothing for the whole series and his whole point is to die. Maybe Ubisoft likes ending Assassins Creed games on cliffhangers, but that's a horrible reason because it's the end of the main character. This is how I think AC3 should have ended:

If you remember, when Juno was showing Connor all the ways the first generation tried to save themselves one of the failed things was time travel. But, what if that did work, but not on a big enough scale, just enough for one person to travel through time but that the time travel will eventually kill the user. Now, skip to the part where Desmond makes up his mind about touching the orb, at this point Minerva would have done anything to stop Desmond. Knowing that she will die either way, Minerva decides to stop Desmond. She comes up to kill Desmond. and throws Sean, Rebecca, and Desmond's dad are all thrown out of the room and blocked off. Know comes the epic 3 part boss battle.
Part 1: Desmond tries to fight Minerva but she summons a bunch of shadow guys to fight with her (Like normal soldiers). Desmond get's his *** beat by Minerva. Then a cutscene plays.
Minerva is about to kill Desmond but starts taunting him, "You humans, are weak, how did you hope to defeat Juno if not me. You are alone, about to die." But then Connor steps out in front of Desmond "He is not alone." Altair and Ezio also appear and pull out their signature weapons and the second part starts. I would explain this by saying that the bleeding effect is finally in full effect. It is not really the past assassins but Desmond's brain making the images. Also, they are in the weird cave thing where connection to the animus is a lot stronger (The cave connecting Desmond to Connor in the start).
Part 2: Hundreds of enemies engulf the 4 assassins and they fight them off together, one by one Minerva kills each one until only Desmond is left. (This part should include some really badass shots of them fighting together) .
Part 3:Minerva again comes at Desmond to finish him, then the hawk sound comes (Synchronization Sound) and Desmond turns into Connor for a split second and kicks Minerva with his signature roar. Now a final battle between just Desmond and Minerva where Minerva has a lot of health. However, this should be the craziest moment in the game. During the fight Desmond is constantly turning into Connor, Ezio, Altiar, and himself and back to himself while the background is also randomly changing between the Cave and different places the past games were set in Italy, America, and Mayasaf. When Minerva's health is depleted the final cutscene plays.
-Minerva is on the ground, and Desmond is slowly walking towards her. Minerva: "How did you defeat me?" Desmond: "You shouldn't have doubted us, we are alot stronger then you think." Desmond draws out his hidden blade. Minerva: "Good luck." Desmond nods and stabs her. He steps to the orb and touches it.

That's it! The outcome is completely the same but I feel the journey is 100% more satisfying because it gives all 4 assassins the exit they deserve. If you read until here, you're awesome, sorry for writing so much.

Also, I think they could have easily justified going back to Connor like this: When Juno says "You played your part well..." to Desmond, she should have also said, "I will let you live again as your ancestor to thank you. Make no mistake, you are dead, this is just a courtesy for delivering me your planet."

I believe that sets up the next game perfectly. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.

nelbakugan
12-05-2012, 07:34 PM
amazing.This is exactly what I thought of......Except for the part where desmond fights only Minerva(The shadow templars was kind of okay,but it should have been to protect some button which would get Desmond out of the room),and stabbing Minerva. But....didn't juno say that the humans would die painlessly?,or was it just me

White24Room
12-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Amazing dude, I thought Desmond would have met Altair & Ezio at the end :/

I have also an idea for better missions tell me what you think:

Skyscraper:

1st part is as in the game, Desmond is free running to go to the tower.
2nd part: When he jumps and uses his parachute, it failed and he falls.
When he is down the street, he starts looking for an entrance to infiltrate the building
He enters the building and he has to pass through floors to go to the office where the artefact is.
Once he gets the artefact, Cross appears, Desmond beats him and now you have to escape the whole building.

What do you think ?

Locopells
12-05-2012, 07:51 PM
I did kinda hope that Desmond would use the Apple at some point, to do the Altair/Ezio/Connor thing...

nelbakugan
12-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Noone answered me yet.Didn't Juno say that the humans would die without any pain?

pirate1802
12-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Can't say I like the idea of having a boss fight just for the heck of it. I'm fine with the ending as it is, without any epic boss fights, it just needed ore emotions, ore cutscenes and possibly a choice.

@netbakugan: She said that about Desmond's death only.

Kaschra
12-18-2012, 05:28 PM
I really like this version. Still the same outcome, but better execution. It would have been epic.

I did kinda hope that Desmond would use the Apple at some point, to do the Altair/Ezio/Connor thing...
Same here...

Noone answered me yet.Didn't Juno say that the humans would die without any pain?
She was talking about Desmond. And lying, obviously, since that did not look painless :/
Ah, someone beat me xD

ACfan443
12-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Can't say I like the idea of having a boss fight just for the heck of it. I'm fine with the ending as it is, without any epic boss fights, it just needed ore emotions, ore cutscenes and possibly a choice.

@netbakugan: She said that about Desmond's death only.

I would personally disagree with the choices option, AC games have never been about choices, it would be stupid (IMO). But I definitely think it needed to be longer, more dramatic and climactic, more emotional and a lot more satisfying.

TheHumanTowel
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
I don't really like the idea of Minerva summoning shadow creatures to fight Desmond. Or even Minerva fighting Desmond at all. She's dead, it's only a projection of herself she left. None of TWCB who appeared to Desmond can do anything to them. They need a POE at least to do anything. I have issues with the way the ending was presented but I don't think a big boss battle is the way to rectify that.

kuled2012
12-18-2012, 07:03 PM
OH MY GOD, what would have been awesome is if Desmond did what Ezio did against Rodrigo Borgia in AC2 to have duplicates of himself but instead it's Altair, Ezio and Connor against Minerva..that would have been amazing!

Sushiglutton
12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
I think your ending is better than the one in the game. But I would have prefered if this modern day stuff was just cut from the franchise.

ReDLaCES22
12-18-2012, 08:38 PM
At the ending all you saw was Desmond collapsed. There's no definite conclusion on whether or not Desmond survived or not. I think they left it totally ambiguous in regards to the future of the series. He could've waken up and arise. Who knows? We'll know in the future :-)

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 09:51 PM
At the ending all you saw was Desmond collapsed. There's no definite conclusion on whether or not Desmond survived or not. I think they left it totally ambiguous in regards to the future of the series. He could've waken up and arise. Who knows? We'll know in the future :-)
copy pasta
I actually read someones idea that I thought was genius. When Clay hugged Desmond at the end of Revelations, he transferred some of his subconsciousness onto Desmond, so when Desmond touched the orb, it killed Clay, again, not Desmond, witch is why it wasn't painless, because Desmond felt a aftershock. What a twist!

ToughGuy31
12-20-2012, 11:17 PM
This is my alternate ending to AC3, I hope you read the whole thing, I think it's pretty good.

I, like many, was super disappointed with the ending to AC3. I thought the idea was fine, I was completely fine with the death of Desmond and so on, but the execution was horrible. You felt like Desmond did nothing for the whole series and his whole point is to die. Maybe Ubisoft likes ending Assassins Creed games on cliffhangers, but that's a horrible reason because it's the end of the main character. This is how I think AC3 should have ended:

If you remember, when Juno was showing Connor all the ways the first generation tried to save themselves one of the failed things was time travel. But, what if that did work, but not on a big enough scale, just enough for one person to travel through time but that the time travel will eventually kill the user. Now, skip to the part where Desmond makes up his mind about touching the orb, at this point Minerva would have done anything to stop Desmond. Knowing that she will die either way, Minerva decides to stop Desmond. She comes up to kill Desmond. and throws Sean, Rebecca, and Desmond's dad are all thrown out of the room and blocked off. Know comes the epic 3 part boss battle.
Part 1: Desmond tries to fight Minerva but she summons a bunch of shadow guys to fight with her (Like normal soldiers). Desmond get's his *** beat by Minerva. Then a cutscene plays.
Minerva is about to kill Desmond but starts taunting him, "You humans, are weak, how did you hope to defeat Juno if not me. You are alone, about to die." But then Connor steps out in front of Desmond "He is not alone." Altair and Ezio also appear and pull out their signature weapons and the second part starts. I would explain this by saying that the bleeding effect is finally in full effect. It is not really the past assassins but Desmond's brain making the images. Also, they are in the weird cave thing where connection to the animus is a lot stronger (The cave connecting Desmond to Connor in the start).
Part 2: Hundreds of enemies engulf the 4 assassins and they fight them off together, one by one Minerva kills each one until only Desmond is left. (This part should include some really badass shots of them fighting together) .
Part 3:Minerva again comes at Desmond to finish him, then the hawk sound comes (Synchronization Sound) and Desmond turns into Connor for a split second and kicks Minerva with his signature roar. Now a final battle between just Desmond and Minerva where Minerva has a lot of health. However, this should be the craziest moment in the game. During the fight Desmond is constantly turning into Connor, Ezio, Altiar, and himself and back to himself while the background is also randomly changing between the Cave and different places the past games were set in Italy, America, and Mayasaf. When Minerva's health is depleted the final cutscene plays.
-Minerva is on the ground, and Desmond is slowly walking towards her. Minerva: "How did you defeat me?" Desmond: "You shouldn't have doubted us, we are alot stronger then you think." Desmond draws out his hidden blade. Minerva: "Good luck." Desmond nods and stabs her. He steps to the orb and touches it.

That's it! The outcome is completely the same but I feel the journey is 100% more satisfying because it gives all 4 assassins the exit they deserve. If you read until here, you're awesome, sorry for writing so much.

Also, I think they could have easily justified going back to Connor like this: When Juno says "You played your part well..." to Desmond, she should have also said, "I will let you live again as your ancestor to thank you. Make no mistake, you are dead, this is just a courtesy for delivering me your planet."

I believe that sets up the next game perfectly. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks for reading.
Awesome. Some of it sounds super cheezy, but it didn't feel RUSHED. IM TALKING TO YOU UBISOFT!

xXMrGR1NCHXx
12-20-2012, 11:33 PM
copy pasta
I actually read someones idea that I thought was genius. When Clay hugged Desmond at the end of Revelations, he transferred some of his subconsciousness onto Desmond, so when Desmond touched the orb, it killed Clay, again, not Desmond, witch is why it wasn't painless, because Desmond felt a aftershock. What a twist!
Makes you think, I think Clay did SOMETHING and we'll learn about it in a future game somehow.

AllThatJuice
12-20-2012, 11:35 PM
haha xD Connor, Altair and Ezio pop out of no where and take on hundreds of soldiers?? Were you frickin high when you posted this? Seriously, whiny fanboys should stop thinking theyre game designers with amazing ideas. Because theyre not. Leave it to the pros.

ToughGuy31
12-22-2012, 03:17 AM
haha xD Connor, Altair and Ezio pop out of no where and take on hundreds of soldiers?? Were you frickin high when you posted this? Seriously, whiny fanboys should stop thinking theyre game designers with amazing ideas. Because theyre not. Leave it to the pros.
You didn't really have to offend him. He was just sharing his idea, not saying he's better than ubi or that this should be the ending, only his idea for the ending.

Assassin_M
12-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Lots of cheesy bits and crazy talk of Connor, Altair and Ezio fighting with Desmond *Shivers* Cheese..

But I like the Idea...Something drastic...Something different...The end was already cliche...It reminds me of Infamous in a way....At least THAT was emotional...

Nice Ideas, OP

pirate1802
12-22-2012, 05:13 AM
I think Minerva going berserk at Desmond not picking her choice would be out of character. She has no stake in the present. Why would she go mad? Also where she'd bring her soldiers from? She said she saved the last bits of energy to look into the future to see if it worked and thats how she's here. Why would she bring soldiers with her? Makes no sense.

Juno however, I can totally see her going crazy had Desmond not sided with her but even then, I doubt how much she can physically do. If she was that capable she'd not wait for someone to release her.

Not trying to insult OP :p but this idea seems to have a boss fight just for the heck of it. My problems aren't the lack of a boss fight, it is the lack of an emotional closure. I like someone else's idea posted somewhere better. That there be a countdown clock included, which shows news and clips fro around the world at different times, earthquakes, tsunamis happening etc. As Desmond is about to touch the orb, his father tells him he had been a ****** to him but.. yada yada yada. Rebecca and Shaun say their goodbye to him. Then as the end of the world closes in, you see the solar flare starting to happen, people horrified, scurrying everywhere. As Desmond touches the orb you see the relief in people's faces as they see the shield come over. That would give you the emotional closure and also a sense of achievement at saving the world. I'm not a big fan of boss fights anyway so the lack of one doesn't hurt me.