PDA

View Full Version : Subject 16 - Descent into Madness

montagemik
12-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Would anybody be interested in playing Subject 16 - Descent into Madness .
A Story following His scenario & time at Abstergo , What exactly he experienced .............
Given the glyphs he left behind in AC 1 ,UBI could even backtrack their prior NO NO's & include some mayan / japanese scenarios.
This has the opportunity to use a variety of different ancestors to play as in potentially a much shorter timespan.
We already know the outcome & his end , So they couldn't really screw that up .

I'm thinking more a large DLC rather than a full stand alone game like AC-B or AC-R .

Or should we move straight onto the next Connor chapter ??

Just a topic open for discussion . (highly unlikely to actually be made)

AKG32
12-05-2012, 04:18 AM
Sounds interesting. T Hey could even release it episodically, whith each episode being a different length and having you play as a different ancestor.

montagemik
12-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Sounds interesting. T Hey could even release it episodically, whith each episode being a different length and having you play as a different ancestor.

Exactly - At least THIS would be canon , unlike the king george Guff .

EaglePrince25
12-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Absolutely. Good way to spend more time as previous Assassin's, introduce a new Assassin and see fan reaction, as well as see what good ole' Clay was like before Abstergo screwed him over.

dxsxhxcx
12-05-2012, 11:05 AM
I like S16 a lot, he was the most mysterious character we had until ACB (because in ACR they screwed up with his character), IMO a (good) DLC/story about him (not that 1st person mission style) should have been done in ACR, now he's gone and there's really no necessity to know (or see, since we already know what happened) more about his time in Abstergo. the only thing that is worth mention is his message in ACB, but Ubisoft was kind enough to completely ignore it in ACR and don't give us a satisfactory explanation about that in AC3 (my opinion of course).

infamous_ezio
12-05-2012, 11:15 AM
Subject 16 was there best character, they should definitely do this..

pacmanate
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Subject 16 was underdeveloped, so yeah. Also means we would play more Connor too.

Chariflame
12-05-2012, 03:52 PM
Definitely. I wear my adoration for Sixteen on my sleeve.

However, as nice as it is to dream, it really wouldn't happen..? We were already pretty lucky to get The Lost Archive, but the current development team have really made it clear how done they are with him. In my opinion, I think maybe a comic or other transmedia project..? I'm just thinking along the lines of The Fall/The Chain and Embers, it would be really great to explore his character in a slightly different way and Ubisoft's various media teams would certainly do it justice.

InfectedNation
12-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Maybe they could call it the Lost Archive?

Wait...

xboxauditore
12-05-2012, 05:34 PM
Maybe they could call it the Lost Archive?

Wait...

Just thinking that.

infamous_ezio
12-05-2012, 06:18 PM
I think this would be cool, the only problem is that we know his whole story, what happened to him, why he got caught by abstergo, how he died, the glyphs & TLA revealed alot.. one thing we don't know however is what he saw in the animus... ubisoft could really make something good out of this

montagemik
12-05-2012, 06:36 PM
Exactly how many Ancestors did he relive - what did he accomplish as each of these - What things did he learn that were never mentioned in TLA - How was he able to remain within the Animus . How much was he influenced by Juno /minerva .................(more than enough to build a story or decent amount of missions from. Less about the outcome - more about the journey & discovery)

The lost Archive barely touches on most these things & only really explains a few key elements pertinent to his role of helping Desmond .( but this is just an idea )

infamous_ezio
12-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Exactly how many Ancestors did he relive - what did he accomplish as each of these - What things did he learn that were never mentioned in TLA - How was he able to remain within the Animus . How much was he influenced by Juno /minerva .................(more than enough to build a story or decent amount of missions from. Less about the outcome - more about the journey & discovery)

The lost Archive barely touches on most these things & only really explains a few key elements pertinent to his role of helping Desmond .( but this is just an idea )

It has potential, and from a survey that a site did, most people voted on a setting in the first civ, this would be the perfect excuse to do that. This comes back to my theory of clay talking about his own son, remember the guy was crazy and that could work

InfectedNation
12-05-2012, 06:45 PM
I'm not saying that there is nothing more we need to know about him, but playing through his time at Abstergo would just be retreading old ground, I'd rather Ubi focused on something new and perhaps flesh out 16 through another media format, eg comics or a short film

montagemik
12-05-2012, 07:31 PM
I'm not saying that there is nothing more we need to know about him, but playing through his time at Abstergo would just be retreading old ground, I'd rather Ubi focused on something new and perhaps flesh out 16 through another media format, eg comics or a short film

I'd prefer to actually play his memories - beats the hell out of non canon DLC episodes. We at least get to play as a different Assassin in different settings along with a different perspective.
I follow the games & have little interests in comics .

White24Room
12-05-2012, 07:37 PM
Problem is that 16 relived the memories of Ezio, like Desmond

montagemik
12-05-2012, 07:54 PM
Problem is that 16 relived the memories of Ezio, like Desmond

Don't actually recall Ezio visiting mayan temples or seeing much japanese writings anywhere throughout Desmond's adventures though . Did i skip a crap load of memories ??

im3jia
12-05-2012, 08:02 PM
If not a game, then at least a novel.

dewgel
12-05-2012, 08:03 PM
I'm totally against story canon DLC.

DLC should be very optional and not canon methinks.

However no. And it won't happen, we've had closure to Ezio, 16 and Altair's stories.

Although I would like to see a bit more about who else he visited. My main want is Nikolai Orelov in Video Game form.

Kaschra
12-05-2012, 10:46 PM
I would LOOOOOOVE to see that happen, but... it won't :(
I really doubt it, since we had something too similar (the Lost Archive). I think they still have so many possibilities with Clay, reliving different ancestors, SEEING more about him and not just listening, but... they are done with him. As a huge Clay fangirl, that really hurts...

I really wish he could at least get a comic like The Fall/The Chain.