PDA

View Full Version : why is it always the people with high end systems complaining?

gunnup
12-05-2012, 03:16 AM
not the mid tier and lower tier?

PayneX023
12-05-2012, 03:31 AM
because we pay attention to detail. and we have high standards. and we expect the bar to always be higher. and we pay good money for our systems. and we expect our money to go to good use when playing high end games. and a game with such high praise should preform better, especially on pc. choose one, and run with it....

Xshadow455
12-05-2012, 03:46 AM
Well they are usually the people that expect everything to be perfect which 99% of the games do not offer such a thing, by perfect I mean superior graphics but also optimization which I have not seen in any games, even crysis was unoptimized and that game was PC only.

RaZoRFINNISH
12-05-2012, 03:54 AM
...even crysis was unoptimized and that game was PC only.

Not really unoptimized considering the quality. The shading still beats CryENGINE 3.

Quality over quantity, you know.

psytic
12-05-2012, 04:02 AM
I don't even think that makes any sense. I am getting 60 fps for the most part on a 660 GTX OC edition a mid level card with everything maxed out. What I did do was disable MSAA AA in game but enable it in the Nvidia control panel, I read some where the ingame AA is causing problems so this could be peoples issue. I also upgraded to the latest beta drivers from Nvidia. '

What I will ***** about now that I have put some time into the game is the fact that it seems to

1) crash periodically
2) I swear that Far Cry 2 looked better and had more realistic vegetation. I remember stuff swaying a lot more and I was able to deform plants by shooting at them. I have tried this with a couple plants in FC3 and it seems like they are no longer deformable, its like engine has gotten worse. Shadows are less realistic to. I really feel like the engine has been stripped down to more accommodate consoles this time around. I hope there is modding allowed because I feel like the game graphically has taken a step back.

tyrant019
12-05-2012, 07:16 AM
Agree with you, i have a mid rig and i play the game in medium-high settings with no graphical issues or complains and im getting 60 fps all the time

my only complain is a f***ing glitched bow floating in the middle of my screen, i can't get rid of it! and im not restarting my game.

Sgohans3
12-05-2012, 08:32 AM
It is funny how people with high end PC's don't really know how to fine tune their PC's. It's as if they think it should work right out of the box like a PS3 or 360. PC gaming has never been that way and it never will be. I'm not saying that all of them are like that, but it seems like a lot of them are. It's also amazing how they blame the PC game when something goes wrong, yet gaming websites have already played and reviewed the game and had no issues whatsoever. Some people just need to stick with consoles.

With that being said, those that have high end PC's and know EXACTLY what they're doing get to enjoy to fullest and richest gaming experience; something a console will NEVER be able to do. Hell, I can't wait until Star Citizen is complete in 24 months, can you imagine how this PC exclusive space flight sim is going to look? It's a great time to be a PC gamer!

MANF4CE
12-05-2012, 08:35 AM
because we pay attention to detail. and we have high standards.

This.

CCountZero
12-05-2012, 11:55 AM
Not really unoptimized considering the quality. The shading still beats CryENGINE 3.

Quality over quantity, you know.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NSPbgLvmwpM/Te29MhjvxDI/AAAAAAAAAGs/dolRMf1u8SI/s1600/I+do+not+think+it+means+what+you+think+it+means.jp g

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/optimize

Verb
(transitive) To make (something) more efficient, such as a computer program.

Crysis required more raw computing power to run than it should have. That means bleep-all in terms of how fun the game was to play, or how pretty it looked, but there it is.

Optimization is the strength of the consoles, and so far the only advantage they have over PCs, but Crysis was a complete mess when you popped the hood open and looked at the code. It was beyond dreadful.

TehRalph
12-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Well they are usually the people that expect everything to be perfect which 99% of the games do not offer such a thing, by perfect I mean superior graphics but also optimization which I have not seen in any games, even crysis was unoptimized and that game was PC only.

Mostly I expect the game I buy to run, but instead it just crashes after 10 seconds of the loading screen. Perhaps faulty programming on the developers end is the issue, and not our expectations?

flangr
12-05-2012, 12:12 PM
not the mid tier and lower tier?

Cause when you own a low-end PC, you're thankful for the game even running.
But when you buy a top-notch system, along with a strong graphic card that even comes with the game out of the box
And even optimize your computer in ways of cooling, overclocking and power supply,
You don't just wanna play the game .... You want to PLAY THE GAME.
then bugs like this annoy you. get it?

flangr
12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Also, low-tier systems have a good excuse for the game not running well
"Your system/cpu/gpu is not strong enough, buy smth else"

Werewolf_GB
12-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Why the sudden need to segregate low/mid end users from high end? Aren't we all PC owners that just want our games to run as well as possible on our systems?

theprofessor13
12-05-2012, 12:35 PM
It is funny how people with high end PC's don't really know how to fine tune their PC's. It's as if they think it should work right out of the box like a PS3 or 360. PC gaming has never been that way and it never will be. I'm not saying that all of them are like that, but it seems like a lot of them are. It's also amazing how they blame the PC game when something goes wrong, yet gaming websites have already played and reviewed the game and had no issues whatsoever. Some people just need to stick with consoles.

With that being said, those that have high end PC's and know EXACTLY what they're doing get to enjoy to fullest and richest gaming experience; something a console will NEVER be able to do. Hell, I can't wait until Star Citizen is complete in 24 months, can you imagine how this PC exclusive space flight sim is going to look? It's a great time to be a PC gamer!

Surely you don't mean that games never come out with bugs and it is the responsibility of the end users to fix such issues? Whether you spend $500 on a system or $5000 you shouldn't have to screw around with your games just to get a decent experience. I fix other people's computers for a living, it doesn't mean that I should have to fix issues that QA gets paid to spot in the development process.

Unfortunately this seems to be the norm these days, developers pushing out sub-par products, akin to selling you a car and then telling you to install the gear box, figure out what compression ratios work best and to inflate the tyres.

It should be noted that I'm not just talking about Far Cry 3 here, all sorts of games have issues that aren't fixed officially until well after the community has come up with a work-around. Fallout: New Vegas for instance had that issue where almost everyone had slowdowns caused by the FaceGen portion of GameBryo. You can't possibly tell me that at no point during the QA process did a tester look at an NPC?

Steelherd
12-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Personally when I see someone complaining that a game on their high end PC is, for example, "barely getting 60+ fps set to ultra graphics". I cant help but think, "wow, what a ungrateful, and whiny jerk" (Albeit less "polite" in my own mind) I am lucky to get up to 25 fps in most newer games on medium/low graphics settings because I could only afford what I could afford.

Be grateful your high end PC can get 60 fps with ultra graphics settings folks, because not everyone on the internet is as lucky to be able to afford what you have.

theprofessor13
12-05-2012, 01:08 PM
Personally when I see someone complaining that a game on their high end PC is, for example, "barely getting 60+ fps set to ultra graphics". I cant help but think, "wow, what a ungrateful, and whiny jerk" (Albeit less "polite" in my own mind) I am lucky to get up to 25 fps in most newer games on medium/low graphics settings because I could only afford what I could afford.

Be grateful your high end PC can get 60 fps with ultra graphics settings folks, because not everyone on the internet is as lucky to be able to afford what you have.

Raw frame-rate isn't the problem unfortunately. Your 25 FPS can actually be a lot smoother than someone else's 60 or even 100 FPS.

In an ideal world your GPU(s) would render a single frame every ~16.67 milliseconds for a nice, constant ~60 FPS . However they might be rendering a single frame at any point during that second, such as 10 in the first 200ms, 4 in the next 700ms and the remaining 46 frames in the last 100ms. It's that inconsistency in the delivery of frames that causes the lag that people are complaining about and why FPS isn't a very good measure of actual performance.

thedeserter
12-05-2012, 01:36 PM
some people just love complaining, I get tired of hearing from geeks that they can't get 70 fps or whatever with their graphic card. I run the game on my 1 year old i5 laptop on mid settings and I enjoy it problaby more than spoiled people running thousands of dollars worth of PC gear.

Garm31
12-05-2012, 01:42 PM
High end systems should be playing this game maxed out in dx11 with 120fps minimum. Its badly optimized. End of story.

IceFlama
12-05-2012, 01:59 PM
because high end=nvidia+overclock and nvidia drivers+overclocked gpus/cpus don't mix well with FC3 yet. wait for more driver updates from nvidia or return video card to stock(even if vendor is selling it overclocked)

flangr
12-05-2012, 02:00 PM
some people just love complaining, I get tired of hearing from geeks that they can't get 70 fps or whatever with their graphic card. I run the game on my 1 year old i5 laptop on mid settings and I enjoy it problaby more than spoiled people running thousands of dollars worth of PC gear.

Why isn't there a 'like' button here? :)

mrtmrc
12-05-2012, 02:06 PM
because spend very much

jolliffe30
12-05-2012, 04:16 PM
Im sure there are lots and lots of people out there that have high end systems and dont have any problems, those people dont come here at they are happily gaming!

So much different hardware out there Its impossible to build an engine/game that will run on every possibility.

Having saying that I have been building my own computers for 17 years and have always been able to play any game, sometimes when I have not upgraded I obviously have to play with lesser settings, but things have always ran ok.

Only time I ever thought the game was at fault was Fallout 3, it crashed to desktop every so often. It was not bad, but on deeper investigation it was a sound codec issue. I simple tweak and all was good.

At the time many of my computers were 'high end' but I dont upgrade all the time so often they are mid range, like mine now, but still it runs fine.

Obviously its not always the case, but often the fault is actually the build quality/choices of the hardware and of course what is installed on the machine.

I often here excuses such as 'all other games run fine, its just this game', but that does not prove anything! Game engines run differently and it could be as simple as the way is address memory and a very small memory fault could be the issue even if everything else does run fine.

GTMatt
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
and we pay good money for our systems. and we expect our money to go to good use when playing high end games.

I'd like to know how you buying a high end graphics would mean more money for Ubisoft to develop a better game?

TheJinxy
12-05-2012, 04:18 PM
Title ; B****es love complaining.

StormchaserZA
12-05-2012, 04:25 PM
Hmm if you've ever seen and/or experienced what games on DX11 looks like full blast then you will understand but until then... I'm afraid you wont.

TheJinxy
12-05-2012, 04:29 PM
Im running FC3 on high / very high settings (the missing very high settings cant be that much and I dont really care fore much higher than medium anyway as it all looks the god**** same), on DX11 ... I dont understand why people are complaining, its obviously got flaws, most games do but they all make 20 threads a day saying the same s**t over and over.

mesothorium
12-05-2012, 05:33 PM
so much envy in this thread .... seriously. nomnomnom