PDA

View Full Version : how do i download the dlc?

hoodrat94
12-05-2012, 01:56 AM
Hello everyone,
This is hoodrat94, I am quite frustrated as i cannot figure out any way of downloading the dlc on steam. Every time i try to redeem my exclusive content from extras it redirects me to season pass page. I bought it okay, why keep showing me the same thing. And i even tried to see my downloadable content from steam, it show up alright but no way to download it from there. Please help!

JokerSte1972
12-05-2012, 02:03 AM
MEE TOO.....of coure tomorrow another e-mail with the download

NightmareGK13
12-05-2012, 02:05 AM
i redeemed the season pass, said i had to download the DLC
then when i try redeeming my game activation code (again) it keeps saying i lost connection to ubisoft servers...

XZAROX
12-05-2012, 02:27 AM
My theory is that they sent us a code for the wrong DLC which will come out later and will actually have to be downloaded, because based on the description of the 1st DLC (The Hidden Secrets) all the content should already be in the game (because this dlc is split into parts as bonuses for different editions and they didn't have to be downloaded after redeeming).

zelda.franco
12-05-2012, 04:01 AM
Hello,
I warn you in advance that my english is horrible, sorry.
Ubisoft said that the oficial realease date for the dlc is the next week, so you may have to wait the download even if you bought the season pass and redeemed the key. Although what says XZAROX may be is right, but i do not know, perhaps the dlc is playable for you the next week or somthing.

And I also would like to say that I am very dissapointed of Ubisoft becouse I have the pc deluxe edition and it has already all of the content of this "brand new dlc".I finished all of the naval missions of the dlc (ghost of war, a dangerous secret, lost mayan ruins, I even play with the redcoat in multiplayer) before the announcement of this "brand new dlc". If this ( Hidden Secrets DLC) is one of the only six dlc that the game will have and the half of the players already has it I will get very, very green, like Hulk.

promero14
12-05-2012, 04:15 AM
If you bought the deluxe edition from ubishop like i did then you don't need to download anything. I already did those missions (They are naval ones)

sarmaxion
12-05-2012, 11:51 AM
Just want to add that after I redeemed the season pass code and got nothing unlocked,I tried to enter my main game code and redeem it and that unlocked everything including 2 multiplayer characters.

Dizlol
12-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Contacted support yesterday, they just replied saying that the game should automaticly update... wich it obviously does not... cba with Ubi Support anymore.

YazX_
12-05-2012, 07:41 PM
Contacted support yesterday, they just replied saying that the game should automaticly update... wich it obviously does not... cba with Ubi Support anymore.

That means the DLC is still not available for PC, i havent seen any official thread stating that it is, its only available for consoles, so be patient and wait for an official thread. i got SP too and this DLC will add nothing to the game as i already have them and i'm also disappointed from this DLC, it feels like we got sth we arleady have (DDE owners)

hoodrat94
12-05-2012, 09:00 PM
That means the DLC is still not available for PC, i havent seen any official thread stating that it is, its only available for consoles, so be patient and wait for an official thread. i got SP too and this DLC will add nothing to the game as i already have them and i'm also disappointed from this DLC, it feels like we got sth we arleady have (DDE owners)

DLC is available for PC, when i click for downloadable content by right clicking the game icon it shows season pass, game cd key and hidden secrets package. Those pirate b**** probably got all the extra missions already, just like they got the game earlier that legit users. This sucks big time, so does UBI technical support. Bad show ubi.

Reaver336
12-05-2012, 09:41 PM
I have the special edition and have also bought the season pass.
came yesterday email with download link, but that's just a txt file, and after the 5th download trial was closed to the load.
no extension, no multiplayer expansion .
...code ok and then said AC load the dlc should advance
but I could not download anything.

sorry my english is not so good

NightmareGK13
12-05-2012, 10:27 PM
still nothing

and to think i spent 30€ on the season pass yesterday and doesn't work

samething happened with brotherhood mp, should have learned there probably
either way, at least this time mp is working, i dont regret buying the season pass, but they could make it work... eventually (i wont ask for now because it wont happen)

icemancdb
12-05-2012, 10:37 PM
i just got the season pass and in the install guide pdf it says that "if your just a season pass owner you will receive the first downloadable content pack on the regular release date" does that mean the 11th of December? do a quick search on torrent networks and those pr1cks are running around in the aquila captain outfit doing double counters with the saw tooth sword...

NightmareGK13
12-05-2012, 10:42 PM
i just got the season pass and in the install guide pdf it says that "if your just a season pass owner you will receive the first downloadable content pack on the regular release date" does that mean the 11th of December? do a quick search on torrent networks and those pr1cks are running around in the aquila captain outfit doing double counters with the saw tooth sword...

shouldn't it be the 4th?

my pdf said nothing about the release date
it just told me how to redeem the code, the actual code was on the email and on the purchase history.

and why give the code if they dont give the installer?

besides, the code should activate this pack of dlcs because they don't need an installer, they are already in the game.

icemancdb
12-05-2012, 11:09 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/8021/ac3seasonpass.jpg

NightmareGK13
12-05-2012, 11:13 PM
exactly, same pdf i got :P

icemancdb
12-05-2012, 11:19 PM
i have the same issue when putting in my game serial key, just says i disconnected and that their servers are down, you'd think unlocking on disk content would be easier...

NightmareGK13
12-05-2012, 11:28 PM
they are complicating something so utterly easy... this is just incompetence, i really should have learned with brotherhood...

hoodrat94
12-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Well all of you guys have my sympathy. We are a dying breed it seems, legit pc gamers. And we just LOVE to get ****ed over our money don't we?
Thank you ubisoft. You are not getting my money anymore. Torrents FTW, at least i won't regret for my money.
By the way i did contact Tech support on this but no reply!

Darkfiretiger
12-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Ah so I'm not the only one getting a PDF instead of DLC.
They wonder why the uptake of their games on PC is so low and the suspected pirating is so high yet they delay their major title's release almost a month, the discontinue the use of steam which works for a system that doesn't and of a number of their recent releases the pirates have gotten a better release then the legitimate consumers, what is it they say to fight the pirates you have to give a better service then they do one that people are willing to pay for?
I can understand why some many of my friends swear off buying ubisoft game legitimately and may consider joining them next time if this shoddy service continues.

NightmareGK13
12-06-2012, 12:20 AM
i contacted them a couple of hours ago, if this does not work on the upcoming weeks i want a refund
it's 30€

i was screwed over with brotherhood mp
i wont be again
this time if i can issue a refund i will

in total i spend 110€ on this game
80 for freedom edition plus 30 from here

if i can get back 30 if they dont fix this up so help me god i will have it back