PDA

View Full Version : More Assassin Contracts, more Hunting missions, contested fort locations...

UncappedWheel82
12-04-2012, 09:13 PM
Does anyone else think the game would be that much better if all the contracts just looped or the forts were contested by the britshi or mercenaries?

After beating the game I still want to play but there is just no reason to run around the world and fight and be crafty. Past AC game have had the Contracts be indefinite, why did AC3 buck this trend.

I'd love to see random Assassin contracts pop up, or random hunting mission, why not?

the_heat11
12-04-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm pretty sure that there were always a limited amount of assassination contracts, since AC2. However I do agree that every now and then there should be mercenaries attacking liberated forts, and you would have to defend them...BY ACTUALLY FIGHTING THEM, not doing a stupid tower defense mini game.

ProdiGurl
12-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Well we get to defend our convoys by fighting for them. I know nothing about forts since I haven't liberated any yet, those are next on my list.
I always thought defense was a great concept - just that ACR created a confusing system to do it.
Most of us prefer open combat for that - they could just make it harder than usual to keep what you're defending?

When I'm done with the game, I'm done. I don't go back thru after. I start a brand new game every time. For me, once I'm done w/ the main missions, the game is dead/over with and I'm like that with every game, not just AC. So after game content is meaningless for me - you did it all during the game. Enjoy it & start over.
:)

UncappedWheel82
12-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Well we get to defend our convoys by fighting for them. I know nothing about forts since I haven't liberated any yet, those are next on my list.
I always thought defense was a great concept - just that ACR created a confusing system to do it.
Most of us prefer open combat for that - they could just make it harder than usual to keep what you're defending?

When I'm done with the game, I'm done. I don't go back thru after. I start a brand new game every time. For me, once I'm done w/ the main missions, the game is dead/over with and I'm like that with every game, not just AC. So after game content is meaningless for me - you did it all during the game. Enjoy it & start over.
:)

You and I are similar in that way. I too am usually done with a game once it stops giving, but all things changed for me after playing Skyrim as that game just kept giving even when you were seemingly done.

AC3 seems the closest of the AC games to an open world with dynamic things happening around the player like Skyrin. To add to that, I just like that world and would like it if it kept going and giving beyond the scripted events of the main story. After you beat the game and you have your uber character, you have nothing to do with it anymore.

ProdiGurl
12-04-2012, 11:11 PM
Ya but take the Homestead people for instance - - they don't talk or interact w/ you after... they just go on about their business ignoring you lol
To me, that feels dead. I have no more incentive to go back thru there - it's nothing I can't do during the game when the story is still continuing. I dunno, I just cannot get a lively feeling after the story is finished at all. Even hunting would feel dead - pointless.
I guess you could play the games at the Taverns tho? I think those still operate after? Pretend you're having a beer & play something
:D

Oh, I felt like in ACII there were a whole lot more assassination contracts that kept renewing. Do you feel that way ?

UncappedWheel82
12-04-2012, 11:42 PM
Lol! Yeah, I get you're point about the Home stead people feeling dead in a way, though they to yell out stuff and talk, you just can't have an interactive conversation with them.

And yeah, AC2's contracts did keep renewing.

JumpInTheFire13
12-05-2012, 02:21 AM
Lol! Yeah, I get you're point about the Home stead people feeling dead in a way, though they to yell out stuff and talk, you just can't have an interactive conversation with them.

And yeah, AC2's contracts did keep renewing.
I'm pretty sure they didn't...