PDA

View Full Version : Some problems or confusing things I have come across as I play (story spoilers)

okami31
12-04-2012, 05:01 PM
Boston Massacre (spoiler)
--- Why would Haytham influence this event?
Achilles mentioned that the Templars are in support of the British. We know that the Templars would kill their own countrymen to acquire artifacts of power, however the Boston Massacre had nothing to do with why the Templars set up base in Boston. Was Haytham and his colleagues just bored? Why would they incite an event that would lead to a revolution? Also, if Charles Lee only needed to fire a gun to trigger the massacre, why did he shoot at the air instead at the guy that just killed one of his colleagues?

---Connor passing as an Italian...
I guess he could, but not when he's dressed as a Native American with tomahawk and bow on him...were the developers lazy to dress him up as a normal person...it would have made Achilles look smarter if he had said back at the house: "Before we go to town, let's make you look like one of them to avoid any problems...blah blah part of the Assassin's skillset is to blend in...blah blah..."

---Haytham's first scripted use of a gun
Didn't it look forced when the player was told how to use a gun by killing a guard in order to recover some stolen documents? Why did he need to kill a fellow countryman to create a distraction? Why not knock him out or shoot a leg or throw him into a river, etc...? It was made more awkward when at the end of the mission, Haytham said that it was a shame so many people died for it...pftt! He was the first one to kill needlessly! Shouldn't the developers have made a more convincing scenario in which to teach you how to fire a gun?

---Connor piloting a ship (spoiler)
LIke hell a seasoned seaman would let an apprentice at the wheel while being pursued by cannon-firing ships...they should have injured the able-bodied seamen, leaving only Connor as the possible ship's pilot...or distracted them somehow...things like this make the choices for gameplay too obvious when concerned with realistic choices...

Assassin_M
12-04-2012, 05:06 PM
First Welcome, Also..You have no Idea how your name got me fooled into something...No Idea..

Also, number 1...I can`t explain it that`s a spoiler...

Number 2....Yeah they`re very lazy...I`d return the game If I were you

Number 3....Templars are Templars...only allegiance is to the Order...You felt it was forced..meh well...Sorry your feelings were hurt..

Number 4...Script

Wh00ster
12-04-2012, 05:14 PM
On number 3, the games have always given conflicting views on this, it comes down to gameplay vs character. It's the same way Nathan Drake is a happy go lucky treasure hunter who also happens to murder hundreds of people in every game.

okami31
12-04-2012, 05:19 PM
First Welcome, Also..You have no Idea how your name got me fooled into something...No Idea..

Also, number 1...I can`t explain it that`s a spoiler...

Number 2....Yeah they`re very lazy...I`d return the game If I were you

Number 3....Templars are Templars...only allegiance is to the Order...You felt it was forced..meh well...Sorry your feelings were hurt..

Number 4...Script

I am having fun playing the game...my feelings are not hurt and I don't plan on returning the game...

Back to regular discussion...

okami31
12-04-2012, 05:21 PM
On number 3, the games have always given conflicting views on this, it comes down to gameplay vs character. It's the same way Nathan Drake is a happy go lucky treasure hunter who also happens to murder hundreds of people in every game.

Yes, yes he does...but most of them are terrorists who are shooting at him first...this guy was just a guard on a wall...

Wh00ster
12-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Yes, yes he does...but most of them are terrorists who are shooting at him first...this guy was just a guard on a wall... that guard would tried to shoot u if u approached him and tried to take him down

UncappedWheel82
12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Boston Massacre (spoiler)
--- Why would Haytham influence this event?
Achilles mentioned that the Templars are in support of the British. We know that the Templars would kill their own countrymen to acquire artifacts of power, however the Boston Massacre had nothing to do with why the Templars set up base in Boston. Was Haytham and his colleagues just bored? Why would they incite an event that would lead to a revolution? Also, if Charles Lee only needed to fire a gun to trigger the massacre, why did he shoot at the air instead at the guy that just killed one of his colleagues?

---Connor passing as an Italian...
I guess he could, but not when he's dressed as a Native American with tomahawk and bow on him...were the developers lazy to dress him up as a normal person...it would have made Achilles look smarter if he had said back at the house: "Before we go to town, let's make you look like one of them to avoid any problems...blah blah part of the Assassin's skillset is to blend in...blah blah..."

---Haytham's first scripted use of a gun
Didn't it look forced when the player was told how to use a gun by killing a guard in order to recover some stolen documents? Why did he need to kill a fellow countryman to create a distraction? Why not knock him out or shoot a leg or throw him into a river, etc...? It was made more awkward when at the end of the mission, Haytham said that it was a shame so many people died for it...pftt! He was the first one to kill needlessly! Shouldn't the developers have made a more convincing scenario in which to teach you how to fire a gun?

---Connor piloting a ship (spoiler)
LIke hell a seasoned seaman would let an apprentice at the wheel while being pursued by cannon-firing ships...they should have injured the able-bodied seamen, leaving only Connor as the possible ship's pilot...or distracted them somehow...things like this make the choices for gameplay too obvious when concerned with realistic choices...

1) The only thing I can say about the Boston Massacre, is that is created confusion and conflict, both of which the Templar could use to their advantage. Rumblings of a revolution were already there, the Templar had little hand in that.

2) There were plenty of people who didn't like in the city, as they chose to be frontiers men by trade. They didn't dress in traditional colonial or british attire, choosing rather to wear clothing closer to the natives.

Also, Connor being treated as person of spanish decent by brits and colonists would be as plausible as Achilles being treated as person of south-african decent; he's truly of Carribean decent. Achilles was just refering to Connor's complexion, nothing else, and in passing glances or short encounters, if connor said that is were he was from the average person probably would believe it.

3) You seem to think of Haytham as some caring individual...he's not. While Haytham doesn't, and wouldn't, kill an innocent, he cares little to nothing of the life of a soldier who gets in his way, or a brother in arms who stands in the way of his goals. The guard he shot got him one step closer to his goal...period.

4) You are reading to far into this one. It's a video game, at some points you'll just have to suspend your belief.

AdrianJacek
12-04-2012, 09:18 PM
■Achilles: The boy's name is Connor. He's here to restore the property.
■Robert: Restore? ...RESTORE! Pardon my manners! She's still the fastest in the Atlantic - sure she needs some attention... minor things mostly but with a little affection she'll fly again.

So yeah - Connor was repairing the ship. He invested into it and Achilles put him in charge.

okami31
12-04-2012, 09:23 PM
1) The only thing I can say about the Boston Massacre, is that is created confusion and conflict, both of which the Templar could use to their advantage. Rumblings of a revolution were already there, the Templar had little hand in that.

2) There were plenty of people who didn't like in the city, as they chose to be frontiers men by trade. They didn't dress in traditional colonial or british attire, choosing rather to wear clothing closer to the natives.

Also, Connor being treated as person of spanish decent by brits and colonists would be as plausible as Achilles being treated as person of south-african decent; he's truly of Carribean decent. Achilles was just refering to Connor's complexion, nothing else, and in passing glances or short encounters, if connor said that is were he was from the average person probably would believe it.

3) You seem to think of Haytham as some caring individual...he's not. While Haytham doesn't, and wouldn't, kill an innocent, he cares little to nothing of the life of a soldier who gets in his way, or a brother in arms who stands in the way of his goals. The guard he shot got him one step closer to his goal...period.

4) You are reading to far into this one. It's a video game, at some points you'll just have to suspend your belief.

Thanks a lot for your responses...I can see what you mean...

rileypoole1234
12-04-2012, 09:52 PM
I thought Connor was passing as a Spaniard.

InfectedNation
12-04-2012, 11:00 PM
If you haven't finished the game yet, then making this thread was a really bad idea because you'll just spoil it for yourself.

If you have finished, let us know and we'll gladly explain what we know, which will include spoilers.

okami31
12-06-2012, 05:19 PM
No, I haven't finished the game yet.

I just started playing as adult Connor.

Thanks for not spoiling anything!

InfectedNation
12-06-2012, 06:40 PM
I would definitely leave here until you finish the game - your story related questions will be answered.

There's only one problem - And I'll try to explain it without putting spoilers in:

There's a certain boss fight (Sequence 11) in which the Templar's intentions are explained to Connor, but the fight ends very quickly if you do it properly, so if you want to hear the whole discussion, you have to keep blocking, NOT COUNTERING. By pressing and holding B/O every time you are attacked. Then you let go and hold again when the next attack comes. Do not do this near breakable objects (like you do that fight in the inn in sequence 3).

Sushiglutton
12-06-2012, 06:49 PM
1) very good question, don't know the answer. I thought as you that the templars didn't want the colonies to revolt.
3) Haytham was cold, killing meant nothing to him.