PDA

View Full Version : A question that I just can't shake (mini spoiler)

Stoofpot
12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
In brotherhood 16 says something to Desmond about his son, Desmond didn't seem to know anything and 16 disapeared before he explained. This never came back in any other game and google doesn't know much either. So what's the deal with this? Does Desmond have a son? This could be interesting.

HazemYossri
12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
In brotherhood 16 says something to Desmond about his son, Desmond didn't seem to know anything and 16 disapeared before he explained. This never came back in any other game and google doesn't know much either. So what's the deal with this? Does Desmond have a son? This could be interesting.

Mmmmmm, I dunno what you mean exactly but if this" The sun... Your son... Too weak... Must replenish energy" what you mean then it's the sun.. the one in the sky :cool:

If not feel free to see me as a fool.

D.I.D.
12-04-2012, 04:16 PM
Mmmmmm, I dunno what you mean exactly but if this" The sun... Your son... Too weak... Must replenish energy" what you mean then it's the sun.. the one in the sky :cool:

If not feel free to see me as a fool.

From the audio it would appear that way, but people checked ACB with subtitles on to clarify it, and he does indeed say "the sun" and then "your son". It's had people talking ever since, waiting to find out what it would mean.

infamous_ezio
12-04-2012, 04:56 PM
No one knows what it means, we haven't even been given the slight impression that it means something in AC3... however, it does give us an indicator of what the future holds..
this is what i think it all means, but this is just pure speculation.
16 had sessions in first civ times, he knew what happened when the war began, chances are that he knew of juno's betrayal. i believe that his whole speech about "she is not who you think she is, everything you hold dear, it's already gone" was a reference to juno.This goes hand in hand with what happened at the end of AC3, everything desmond fought for, that he thought was right, was not exactly a waste, but in the end everything was still crap... the "she is not who you think she is" i believe was a reference to juno's allegiance, but you can interpret it either way, it could be a reference to lucy.
As for the desmond's son part, who knows, the dev's said clay was crazy, i think it could have been a reference to his own son, can't say for certain though. Jeff yohalem specifically said that this speech has not been forgotten and is for the "much bigger journey".. hope that helps haha

HazemYossri
12-04-2012, 07:57 PM
Here we have 2 options:

1- It was meant to be your "son" thus this tiny word may be the future of AC games.
2- This was a silly subtitle- related mistake which may make us go in circles until the 10th installment of AC or the end of the franchise( whichever comes first).

Stoofpot
12-04-2012, 08:44 PM
So basically all we have is this little ''Your son'' part and it may or may not come back in future installments. Good to know, I hope that at least something more will be said about it, even if this son of Desmond never appears.

zerocooll21
12-05-2012, 12:38 AM
It wasn't mentioned. I just hope it doesn't turn into another "red foot print trail".

Kaschra
12-05-2012, 12:51 AM
Well, either they forgot about this plot point or Desmond has a son, probably unbeknownst to him. I really hope for the latter, the other option would be a big dissapointment :/