PDA

View Full Version : Liberation for Consoles?

Rakheton
12-04-2012, 04:19 AM
You know I was thinking, why don't they develop it for console and PC also?

D.I.D.
12-04-2012, 04:41 AM
I've suspected for some time that it will come to the consoles (maybe via XBox Live/PSN/Steam only).

After the Vita's poor showing and so many publishers cancelling their planned Vita games, and the general slump in Sony's fortunes as a company, I really can't see how Sony could possibly have paid for a true Vita exclusive from Ubisoft. My suspicion is that there's a time limit connected with it, and Liberation will eventually make its way to other formats. You could point to the PSP AC game and say it won't happen, but that was much less parity between the PSP's tech and the consoles than there is between the Vita and the consoles.

Rakheton
12-05-2012, 03:03 AM
I've suspected for some time that it will come to the consoles (maybe via XBox Live/PSN/Steam only).

After the Vita's poor showing and so many publishers cancelling their planned Vita games, and the general slump in Sony's fortunes as a company, I really can't see how Sony could possibly have paid for a true Vita exclusive from Ubisoft. My suspicion is that there's a time limit connected with it, and Liberation will eventually make its way to other formats. You could point to the PSP AC game and say it won't happen, but that was much less parity between the PSP's tech and the consoles than there is between the Vita and the consoles.

Yeah, I hope they do release it on the console

BATISTABUS
12-05-2012, 03:35 AM
I will never get the Vita, but I have no problem giving Ubisoft money. I also want to play the game. You do the math ;)

rego00123
12-05-2012, 03:39 AM
its unnecessary. there is barley any story and what is there comes off as busy work rather then fun

montagemik
12-05-2012, 03:45 AM
its unnecessary. there is barley any story and what is there comes off as busy work rather then fun

Make more sense to Add the whole thing to consoles - Like Undead nightmare , an actual substantial DLC.

But only once the actual bugs in AC-3 are fixed . No proper fixes for AC-3 = No more cash spent on AC-3 DLC from me at least.
To be honest i'd be far more interested in seeing & Playing SUBJECT 16's full story

Jexx21
12-05-2012, 03:51 AM
I disagree with this- I have Liberation. It's actually pretty fun, and it's worth the $40.

And hell yes, if they could bring Liberation to a proper AnvilNext engine, it would be so much more awesome.

rego00123
12-05-2012, 03:55 AM
Make more sense to Add the whole thing to consoles - Like Undead nightmare , an actual substantial DLC.

But only once the actual bugs in AC-3 are fixed . No proper fixes for AC-3 = No more cash spent on AC-3 DLC from me at least.
To be honest i'd be far more interested in seeing & Playing SUBJECT 16's full story

as dlc, totally worth it. it isn't worth a dedicated release though. it just doesn't have the substance there to account for a retail product (on consoles)
as for spending only on AC products...im kinda over it and done. first AC:3 bugs prevented me from continuing and then liberation became corrupted. they lost me as a customer form this point on as long as they teams who built the game continue to make them.

Dymez_510
12-05-2012, 04:19 AM
It would be nice if LIberation did come to the PS3. I don't have the Vita -- and although I am somewhat interested in buying the Vita, there isn't really much incentive that persuades me to get it just yet. I've been holding out until next gen, when I know it will be fully compatible with its console counterpart. I need a little more than just one game that I'm interested in before I commit.