PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

saxdon
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM
This is the first time I have bought an Assassins Creed game. It will be my last time as well. This isn't an enjoyable in-depth game, its an animated movie with some in-between hand held player interactions. Very disappointing too, as the foundation of this game is wonderful, but the implementation and mechanics are horrible.

kriss3d
12-04-2012, 08:22 AM
**** SPOILERS *********

Completely agreed. Its a very graphical beautyful game about the american independece war.
But the assassins part ??
Where the heck is it ??
Did anyone see any real assassins stuff here ?

I mean.. You spend the entire game waiting for the real stuff to start happening.
Yeah you meet an old guy (whom i thought would have been a PERFECT fit for Danny Glover ) and he is supposedly an older assassin.
When you finally get to pick up the Ezios suit.. After a bit he just tells you to put it on.. No "Ill train you to become an assassin".. No "Now your training is complete. Its time to put on the suit"..
No ever being accepted into the order. Its just a whining ungreatful angry (imho, moron) who spends his entire life being an errandboy for god knows who. The story is **** tricky to keep up with.

And the whole thing about setting up villagers to produce things ?? why ?
I realize i could have missed somthing that would eventually let me create new weapons for myself. But somone please answer if you ever get to do that. Or if all you can get invented on the homestead will be for generating profit.

Now UbiSoft could have gone done things the same way they did in AC2 and AC2.5. Somthing like you need to spend money upgrading the homestead till it eventually turns into a town or somthing.
But no.. They want you to go hunting and some insanely and overly complex way with convoys (which i as an adult never really got figured out entirely anyway) but seeing as i spend like 30 minutes riding around on my horse chasing deers and stags generated somthing like 50K which was more than plenty to last me through the entire game. And that was even with buying quite a few weapons and all outfits.. You do NOT really need money.. well somting like 2-3000 for missions but thats easily made in 5 minutes..

UbiSoft.. you did a Marvelous AC1.. An even BETTER AC2 and a really awsome AC2.5.. Then you made AC3 and destroyed my hope in mankind..

razsi1990
12-04-2012, 11:05 AM
As usual they over complicated the game and ended up with something that's far worse than before.

CipollaCreed
12-04-2012, 12:17 PM
*** SPOILERS ***

If i have understand this story well (cause, let's admit it, it is a bit confused and rushed) The assassins order is dead, Achille was the last one and there wasn't a brotherhood anymore, so the templars have won in that time. Connor is just a selfmade assassin who is rebuilding an order, but he is too childish, nothing compared to the badasslevel of Ezio and Altair. Connor is just a skilled kid without an interesting personality to me, he was just a tool to get the key for Desmond, he isn't a real assassin like the precious ones. I think this way.