PDA

View Full Version : New way to stun

Jaanii95
12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
So I'm not going to tell people what it is but there's a thing they added that makes it so that you can naked stun people a certain way. I didn't really like dropstuns before and this is way worse. I've been experimenting with this mecanic and I've come to the conclusion that it's way to op and I hope that they remove it before people start abusing it.

If someone knows what I'm talking about feel free to write what you think about it. :)

Yutake782
12-03-2012, 10:24 PM
I heard you like haybales.

najzere
12-03-2012, 10:27 PM
My first thought was haybales, but first, everyone already knows about that and second it's too situational to be OP. So I don't know what you mean, but I'd love to hear what it is. Can it be done in FFA modes?

Jaanii95
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Well I'm not talking about haybales stun those are not op. And yes it can be used in any mode. But assassinate is probably the only mode where it's easy to do and where I could see people actually using it. :(

n00bfi_97
12-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Reverse drop stun

Well? I'm waiting for Cosacz's answer as to why he didn't just tell everyone else, I deleted my post to see how long it takes. I give this thread 2 pages.

ACB_Old_School
12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Going to the person you are playing againsts house and punch him in the face?

Yutake782
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM
Reverse drop stun

That's not op. In ACB assa it was relatively easy but harder in AC3.

DJ-B-Man-Jr
12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Reverse drop stun

Reverse drop stun?

UnsparingWord
12-03-2012, 10:40 PM
I am so intriuged about this reverse drop stun thing. I have heard about it, but as I am mainly a team mode player, I have no idea how it's done and will probably never use it even once I learn how it's done.

You should enlighten us. . . . :)

Jaanii95
12-03-2012, 10:41 PM
You have not tried it enough in AC3 then because it's really op.

UnsparingWord
12-03-2012, 10:46 PM
hmm. . . . so ur saying this is just so OP I will even want to do it AA? Now I am uber intrigued lol

Jaanii95
12-03-2012, 11:05 PM
Yes but I don't want everyone to start doing it or to bait with it so that's why. If you have used it you should know how well it works and that the only secure way to escape it is to drop a smoke.
What are your opinion about it?

ThaFazz
12-03-2012, 11:12 PM
It's definitely not OP.... you very rarely even have an opportunity to do it against good players. And if you didn't want people to know what it is, why did you start a thread about it?

luckyto
12-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Yes, Ubi, in all their brilliance, made the person jumping off a building INVINCIBLE and gave them the edge. Because... that's so stealthy.

CerealAssassin
12-03-2012, 11:39 PM
so u dont want people to know about it but u want people to discuss it? attention seeking or something?

Carbiner
12-03-2012, 11:43 PM
It could be OP I suppose if you exploited it to the fullest, I just use it every once in a while to **** with people.

n00bfi_97
12-03-2012, 11:46 PM
It's definitely not OP..... you very rarely even have an opportunity to do it against good players. And if you didn't want people to know what it is, why did you start a thread about it?

^

Yutake782
12-03-2012, 11:56 PM
So it IS ACB drop stuns then? Well, all I have to say is learn to play.

Jaanii95
12-04-2012, 12:01 AM
It's definitely not OP.... you very rarely even have an opportunity to do it against good players. And if you didn't want people to know what it is, why did you start a thread about it?

I don't want it to be in the game. That's the reason to why I brought it up. Didn't try to get attention or making it a big deal.
Also it works very well against good players.

Upinya Slayin
12-04-2012, 12:08 AM
so you hang off a building and when someone climbs to kill you, you drop off 1st and when they drop down after you, you stun them. sounds like a cheap mechanic to me

Jaanii95
12-04-2012, 12:42 AM
so you hang off a building and when someone climbs to kill you, you drop off 1st and when they drop down after you, you stun them. sounds like a cheap mechanic to me

Actually you can just lock people an jump at them. Or walk of a ledge.

luckyto
12-04-2012, 12:44 AM
Yes, that's so stealthy. That's exactly why they should have kept drop stuns in.

Dirtyhonkie
12-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Fiction.

SeeknDestroy1318
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
The way i see it there will always be some mechanic or thing that "good" players will find to "exploit" because they play the game for long periods of time and they find them. I mean i guess corner shooting is a bit of an exploit in shooters if damage can't go through walls, but that may be different because it still has an element of skill involved, but this exploit also could be something that just seems easy to you because you are good and skilled at the game and may not be so easy for someone who doesn't know or understand the mechanics.

I guess it all depends on how much you define knowledge acquisition a "skill".

styx31989
12-04-2012, 01:24 AM
The only way to get these things patched is if people know about it and demand that it be patched. So go ahead and tell everyone. The more people that know about it will probably use it but even more people will shout about it until it gets fixed. Until this happens it will always be in the game.

So is it this drop stun thing? You hang off a building and then drop when they climb up, then kill them when they drop down. Couldn't they just do a leaping assassination?
Or is the OP referring to something else?

ThaFazz
12-04-2012, 03:33 AM
The only way to get these things patched is if people know about it and demand that it be patched. So go ahead and tell everyone. The more people that know about it will probably use it but even more people will shout about it until it gets fixed. Until this happens it will always be in the game.

So is it this drop stun thing? You hang off a building and then drop when they climb up, then kill them when they drop down. Couldn't they just do a leaping assassination?
Or is the OP referring to something else?
Something else.

TheRealCrimson
12-04-2012, 07:19 AM
the reverse drop stun isnt op once you know how it works and its easy to avoid, JUST move out the way besides ppl can still jump at you and smoke bomb so i pretty much always stay out of stun and sb range when someone jumps at me, plus based on where they are going to land just climb up and acro if you are able... not to mention if they do try it and expose you in asa just sb unlock and stun...