PDA

View Full Version : AC3 MP Matchmaking and Lobby adjustments I'd like to see

Upinya Slayin
12-03-2012, 07:05 PM
1) an ability to make your own lobby.
IDK if i'm missing something or not but i can only do a quick game or custom match. unless its private I can't seem to make my own lobby and i'm at the mercy of a random host with terrible lag sometimes. I'd like the ability to set up a lobby so i know i'm the host or even one of my friends is the host so we can make sure we all get a good connection.

2) an ability to pick a max players number.
Right now its 8, but i'd like the ability to set up a game with a 4 person or 6 person limit. I mean its just a personal preference thing. I have more fun in smaller games and there are less chance of getting really bad players that ruin the game.

3) the ability to have more then 4 players in your group

4) to keep your "group" together as much as possible. Sometimes it splits up your group for no reason and your on opposite teams.

DayusMakhina
12-03-2012, 07:50 PM
To be honest you see enough bad hosts on AC3 as it is, don't need to add to that by giving people the choice to host. Especially not when hosting is such an advantage; it would just lead to everyone abusing host and horrible laggy rooms from where someone is attempting to host when they really shouldn't be... ever.

How it selects host does need to be worked on though, just not like that.

Upinya Slayin
12-03-2012, 08:00 PM
To be honest you see enough bad hosts on AC3 as it is, don't need to add to that by giving people the choice to host. Especially not when hosting is such an advantage; it would just lead to everyone abusing host and horrible laggy rooms from where someone is attempting to host when they really shouldn't be... ever.

How it selects host does need to be worked on though, just not like that.

I do see your point, but you could fix that by hosting yourself or if you have a bad connection using a friend to host
I just started getting back into online gaming about a year ago after taking several years off. I remember old systems where it showed you lobbys and you could pick which one you wanted to go into. That seems to be all gone now. My recent experiances are AC3, BL2 and ME3. BL2 and ME3 both let you choose the host