PDA

View Full Version : Installing AC3 on multiple machines?

SixKeys
12-03-2012, 01:32 PM
I'm going on holiday around Christmas and would like to take AC3 with me on my laptop. It's not quite as powerful as my desktop, but if multiplayer works on it, I'm satisfied.

My question is, is it possible to install the game on multiple machines as long as my Uplay account is the same? Or am I supposed to buy an extra copy for each computer?

Mr_Shade
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM
One of the benefits of Uplay - is being able to install your games on multiple PC's with just the one account :)

As long as you have the install media, you can install and sign into the Uplay account you used to register and play the game anywhere.

As expected - you can only use one at a time though ;)

SixKeys
12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Great, thanks for the reply, Mr_Shade!

Mr_Shade
12-03-2012, 02:06 PM
no problem ;)

SixKeys
12-03-2012, 02:10 PM
BTW, when you say "only one at a time" do you mean I have to sign out of Uplay on one computer before installing the game on another, or just that if I try to open the game on both PCs at the same time I'll get a login failure? In other words, there shouldn't be any problems running the game on my laptop at a different location as long as nobody's trying to run Uplay on my home computer at the same time?

TheLeoCrow
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
[...]In other words, there shouldn't be any problems running the game on my laptop at a different location as long as nobody's trying to run Uplay on my home computer at the same time?

Correct. If someone is playing the game on your home pc (and is online) you can't login on your laptop and play at the same time. Otherwise you won't have any problems. However you should try it before leaving because there are a lot of people who complain that when they install to a new pc or a new windows installation, the game asks them for their cd key again, which has obviously been used already. So try it beforehand to see that everything is OK and enjoy

skyknight19
12-03-2012, 03:20 PM
i have some performance issues with my laptop and if i feel that after installing the first time if the game does not work correctly then i might reinstall the OS. will i be able to re-install the game again as the cd-key would have been used when i installed it the first time.

Mr_Shade
12-03-2012, 04:01 PM
BTW, when you say "only one at a time" do you mean I have to sign out of Uplay on one computer before installing the game on another, or just that if I try to open the game on both PCs at the same time I'll get a login failure? In other words, there shouldn't be any problems running the game on my laptop at a different location as long as nobody's trying to run Uplay on my home computer at the same time?
correct :)

i have some performance issues with my laptop and if i feel that after installing the first time if the game does not work correctly then i might reinstall the OS. will i be able to re-install the game again as the cd-key would have been used when i installed it the first time.

Hi the game does not support laptop versions of graphics cards..

While they may 'work' performance maybe sub standard and there maybe graphical errors.

However - reinstalling is fine - just sign in with the account you used when you first registered - and it will work.