PDA

View Full Version : The people Vs. Ubisoft Petition for Alternate Ending.

avk111
12-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Good day Assassins Creed Fans,

My name is Avk and I have been a hardcore fan of the Assassins Creed franchise ever since Assassins Creed 1 came to the market. In view of the past year since Assassins Creed 3 came into awareness I have been highly anticipating this title. From putting all of my focus on each announcement to following different social website pages for latest details, you can see in some posts through the form that I have highly integrated the Assassins Creed 3 title plot line to very specific and wide known philosophical, cultural studies from the Greek mythologies all the way to pop culture comic plot lines.

Lets get nitty and gritty, in Assassins Creed 3 plot, our main protagonist , Connor Kenway, is a mild ordinary fashioned entity that is introduced to the Assassins Order, the level of motivation and departure on quest is highly categorized in this title which makes the beginning of the journey an absolute great pick up point. Through out the plot line, friends become enemies and enemies became friends, I will not get too much into details however, there is always one thing true about each hero mytholgy is the hero does save the world.

In the title we are shown that this is not the case and I absolutely agree with the writer of the plot line, we were introduced to archetypical heroes quest in previous titles however in this one we have the archetypical "hero tragedy" story. I absolute recognize and accept the ending of the plot line for our hero Connor Kenway, and there is no way I can come with my egotistical expectation or experience to alter years of hardwork by the Ubisoft team on the contrary they presented a new formula to our everyday story telling in main media.

Now here is where me and hopefully other assassins creed fans come into the picture, as you know there is an
new DLC to be announced soon called the "The Tyranny of King George" which scripts an alternate history with our hero , Connor Kenway, as with various comic book heroes and stories it is an absolute blessing to have a room to create more to the universe than the usual canon story.

Dear Ubisoft our request as Assassins Creed fans is this, with the To be announced DLC and your creative space available for modification and alternate universe for our so much beloved hero, Connor Kenway, give us a upbeat if I may say, upbeat classical antiquity in the ending, We want to see our beloved hero Connor Kenway finally accommodate peace in the land and have all those people and notions he stood for standing tall and strong. Give us the classical hero mytholgy where man saves world.

Let us have the share of both worlds , the tragic and the classical epic ending.

I hope from the depth of my geeky loving heart that e team at Ubisoft makes our dream come true, and mostly I hope that other fans see that dream happen among all of us.

This title is not just a piece of work its a piece of art.

And I hope you dear fellow fans see the great moral, entertaining, and dynasty in such a tale, and experience called Assassins Creed 3.

yours,

AVK

Farlander1991
12-03-2012, 09:39 AM
I must say, I expected some kind of rant on how the ending for AC3 sucked and it requires a new one.

That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised (I would've been pleasantly surprised even if it was a message full of criticism, but constructed in such a good way as your post). And you know what? I agree with you. It would be nice if the non-canonic DLC would lead up to Connor accomplishing his idealistic goals. On the other hand, I wonder if it wouldn't make the AC3 actual ending even more down and depressing, considering how we would know that everything good that may happen at the end of the DLC Connor would not accomplish in 'real life'.

D.I.D.
12-03-2012, 10:08 AM
Not for me, thanks. There's a bit too much saving of the world in this game, and I don't like heroes very much (or at least not Luke Skywalker types).

avk111
12-03-2012, 10:23 AM
I must say, I expected some kind of rant on how the ending for AC3 sucked and it requires a new one.

That being said, I'm pleasantly surprised (I would've been pleasantly surprised even if it was a message full of criticism, but constructed in such a good way as your post). And you know what? I agree with you. It would be nice if the non-canonic DLC would lead up to Connor accomplishing his idealistic goals. On the other hand, I wonder if it wouldn't make the AC3 actual ending even more down and depressing, considering how we would know that everything good that may happen at the end of the DLC Connor would not accomplish in 'real life'.

dear fellow fan,
thank you for your props, you can always help by, spreading the word, detailing further reasons(which you did), and of course hitting the I accept button on the pole.

thank you,

avk111
12-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Not for me, thanks. There's a bit too much saving of the world in this game, and I don't like heroes very much (or at least not Luke Skywalker types).

Dear fellow fan,

my only argument to yours would be , how much of this title you want to see as a s title, meaning if this title is just another game for you and your looking further into the future for further development , you can settle on your perspective, , however if you see that this title is the mother of all titles , then the TBA DLC should give also room for people with other views than yours, since the time of making this alternate ending development is NOW ... As the future doesn't exist yet.

yours,

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Now, I`d just like to Clarify my position. I do not agree to an extent. That is having an Alternate and happy ending. Let me tell you a Story (bear with me xD)

When I was Younger I avidly watched Anime. I loved Sport Anime, my favorite were Captain Tsubasa(Football) and Slam Dunk(Basketball). Both had very great Characters and Stories. So many backgrounds and I enjoyed how each episode would be dedicated to certain Character on a team, but I`m going into useless detail.

The thing about Slam Dunk and it`s main character, Hanamichi Sakuragi that makes it better for me is that Captain Tsubasa never had any defeats. Not as a part of his team and not as an Individual. He defied all odds at the end. no matter how large an obstacle, he overcame..He becomes a star.

Hanamichi on the other hand is given a LOT more back-story, more motivation for stardom and Victory. He was just a guy that joined the sport to impress someone, but he had passion, tenacity and truly wanted to be victorious. They, him and his team, lose the semi final match of the national league by an inch and it takes a whole lot of Episodes to rebuild his Character, confidence and personality. It`s amazing. Defeats make a better connection to a hero, that`s why I think Connor`s perfect. Defeats and failures build character so much more than Constant victories..

I`d love a Victory for Connor, but not as an Alternate ending. as another ending, an ending where he finally recovers, regains his confidence and finally makes the right decisions..

avk111
12-03-2012, 10:50 AM
Now, I`d just like to Clarify my position. I do not agree to an extent. That is having an Alternate and happy ending. Let me tell you a Story (bear with me xD)

When I was Younger I avidly watched Anime. I loved Sport Anime, my favorite were Captain Tsubasa(Football) and Slam Dunk(Basketball). Both had very great Characters and Stories. So many backgrounds and I enjoyed how each episode would be dedicated to certain Character on a team, but I`m going into useless detail.

The thing about Slam Dunk and it`s main character, Hanamichi Sakuragi that makes it better for me is that Captain Tsubasa never had any defeats. Not as a part of his team and not as an Individual. He defied all odds at the end. no matter how large an obstacle, he overcame..He becomes a star.

Hanamichi on the other hand is given a LOT more back-story, more motivation for stardom and Victory. He was "Normal" just a guy, but he had passion and truly wanted to be victorious. They, him and his team, lose the semi final match of the national league by an inch and it takes a whole lot of Episodes to rebuild his Character, confidence and personality. It`s amazing. Defeats make a better connection to a hero, that`s why I think Connor`s perfect.

I`d love a Victory for Connor, but no as an Alternate ending. as another ending, an ending where he finally recovers, regains his confidence and finally makes the right decisions..

Dear Assassin_M,

how can I ever refuse your information, the whole point in this alternative ending is that it's optional, not to mention its already non canon so supporting the vote will not make a real difference for orthodox plot line players, however for the rest of us whole like to see butterflies and rainbows , we want the chance to experience our dream with Connor.

Even if its mildly, in comparing the Story of Connor to heroes in media, we have in the comic books world competing called , Multi-verse, where different universes for each hero ( and I'm referring to widely known comic book heroes) have different endings to thier story, all what we want is a chance to play Connor with our reality our perspective. With no affect to the canon orthodox plot line, we waited a long time to pay as Connor(thats me to say the least) all what we want is the freedom to express our experience in this masterpiece.

i think I have something in my eyes

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 10:56 AM
Dear Assassin_M,

how can I ever refuse your information, the whole point in this alternative ending is that it's optional, not to mention its already non canon so supporting the vote will not make a real difference for orthodox plot line players, however for the rest of us whole like to see butterflies and rainbows , we want the chance to experience our dream with Connor.

Even if its mildly, in comparing the Story of Connor to heroes in media, we have in the comic books world competing called , Multi-verse, where different universes for each hero ( and I'm referring to widely known comic book heroes) have different endings to thier story, all what we want is a chance to play Connor with our reality our perspective. With no affect to the canon orthodox plot line, we waited a long time to pay as Connor(thats me to say the least) all what we want is the freedom to express our experience in this masterpiece.

i think I have something in my eyes
I`m glad my view was clear for you:D I tired to make it as clear as possible xD

Anyways, I do not oppose your view, Not at all, I simply disagree with it, meaning that I do want an Ending that`s somewhat happy and Triumphant for Connor, but I want it to be canon, because if it`s not, all of this would be pointless really, because non-canon means it never really happens, or it does happen in a different universe.

Thanks for reading and understanding my post:)

avk111
12-03-2012, 11:05 AM
I`m glad my view was clear for you:D I tired to make it as clear as possible xD

Anyways, I do not oppose your view, Not at all, I simply disagree with it, meaning that I do want an Ending that`s somewhat happy and Triumphant for Connor, but I want it to be canon, because if it`s not, all of this would be pointless really, because non-canon means it never really happens, or it does happen in a different universe.

Thanks for reading and understanding my post:)

my dear fellow Assassin_M,

you are welcome your a man with wide perspective, in the end it doesn't matter if its canon or not what matters is that, it's there , it exists. It's not something on our head anymore, No.

the artist have played his part correctly and put his views on an alternate universe for his piece of art. I respect and accept what you told me, but if there is no freedom of expression no hope for an alternate Connor ending, what we as humans or more precisely as entertainment users fight for and live for ?

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 11:13 AM
my dear fellow Assassin_M,

you are welcome your a man with wide perspective, in the end it doesn't matter if its canon or not what matters is that, it's there , it exists. It's not something on our head anymore, No.

the artist have played his part correctly and put his views on an alternate universe for his piece of art. I respect and accept what you told me, but if there is no freedom of expression no hope for an alternate Connor ending, what we as humans or more precisely as entertainment users fight for and live for ?
I understand the bit about decisions and freedom to the player and how you want that ending as a choice, but for me really, AC was not built on choice, albeit I greatly admire your stance and respect how you`re going about it, That`s just my take on the matter.

I greatly respect what you`re doing here and I am humbled by your compliments and praise:) Truly you give me more credit than I actually deserve..

Keep doing what you`re doing here..I hope you get what you want, my friend:D

avk111
12-03-2012, 11:28 AM
I understand the bit about decisions and freedom to the player and how you want that ending as a choice, but for me really, AC was not built on choice, albeit I greatly admire your stance and respect how you`re going about it, That`s just my take on the matter.

I greatly respect what you`re doing here and I am humbled by your compliments and praise:) Truly you give me more credit than I actually deserve..

Keep doing what you`re doing here..I hope you get what you want, my friend:D

I'm going to break the ice and say, Now I know what it feels like for Connor

avk111
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
http://s16.postimage.org/42wwubdxx/image.jpg

Mr_Shade
12-03-2012, 01:43 PM
Guys...

I'm sorry to say this to you as I know it may upset a few of you - that this will not happen...

The team have gone on record to say that the ending is not negotiable - it's the way the writing team wanted the game to end.

The writers have the final say.

I'm sorry that some of you feel the need to start a petition to change it, however it's not going to happen..

Locking thread so that people understand and do not start rumours.