PDA

View Full Version : So what's non-lethal and what's a kill?

Wh00ster
12-03-2012, 06:12 AM
Because apparently they are the same exact thing in this game.

These are clown mechanics, bros

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 06:14 AM
I`m not your Bro...

And It did not count a kill When I clothesline a guy from behind..

Saqaliba
12-03-2012, 06:15 AM
Non-lethal is using fists only. I think poison counts too. Basically if the victim is still alive and writhing on the floor holding his belly he is still alive. You can kick him to death or sword or tomahawk him after you beat him, which means he will then be dead.

You could maybe go through the whole game without killing anyone but targets.

Farlander1991
12-03-2012, 06:57 AM
I guess the confusion arises from the fact that for optional objectives and everything game considers a knocked-down opponent as a 'kill'. Which is understandable - it's easier to just have one state, than counting two states (considering that the opponents that went down non-lethally don't get up or anything, mechanically speaking they act the same as a dead person, just with an animation).

Although... If you want to do a non-lethal walkthrough, NEVER do double counters with your fists. Some of those fist double counters have you stab people with their own muskets and such, which kind of defeats the purpose of using fists as a non-lethal means of combat...

Free_Hidings
12-03-2012, 07:14 AM
From my experience, stealth / low profile kills with fists don't count as kills, poison darts don't count as kills. I think the running clothesline also doesn't count, though I can't confirm. Possibly the combat kills with fists count as kills, despite the enemy still being clearly alive? Either way stick with stealth kills with fists, or throwing darts / knives, as they are guarenteed non-lethal.

Farlander1991
12-03-2012, 07:17 AM
Stealth kill counts as kills. At least some of them... Maybe just for optional objectives, I don't know, but stuff like 'kill from a corner' counts as a kill if you use your fists and just knock the person out (he still wiggles near the wall)

Wh00ster
12-03-2012, 07:42 AM
I guess the confusion arises from the fact that for optional objectives and everything game considers a knocked-down opponent as a 'kill'. Which is understandable - it's easier to just have one state, than counting two states (considering that the opponents that went down non-lethally don't get up or anything, mechanically speaking they act the same as a dead person, just with an animation).

Although... If you want to do a non-lethal walkthrough, NEVER do double counters with your fists. Some of those fist double counters have you stab people with their own muskets and such, which kind of defeats the purpose of using fists as a non-lethal means of combat...

Except the one mission that has optional objectives of non-lethal takedowns only, which count as kills in other optional objectives

Roanark
12-03-2012, 08:13 AM
Fists, but the game counts taking out people with fists as kills on optional objectives, except one where non-lethal take-downs is the objective.

E-Zekiel
12-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Fists, but the game counts taking out people with fists as kills on optional objectives, except one where non-lethal take-downs is the objective.

Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. Kind of inconsistent.

ProdiGurl
12-03-2012, 04:26 PM
Because apparently they are the same exact thing in this game.

These are clown mechanics, bros

One man's "clown mechanics" are another's idea of *Variety*.

reddragonhrcro
12-03-2012, 05:17 PM

Exactly this.

Sushiglutton
12-03-2012, 05:36 PM
I know what mission you are on :D! I was also suprised at first that my none-lethal takedowns counted as kills. But no biggie really.

Wh00ster
12-03-2012, 06:00 PM
My only real problem with the game is inconsistency. Mechanics will change and the player is never informed. I remember some other missions where I couldn't attack some guy that was a target, but I could attack his goons. Like if I walked up to him and hit attack, then nothing would happen, until I initiated combat with his thugs. Then on the Hickey mission I couldn't low profile takedown anyone, nothing happened if I tried, it only worked for high profile. Or when I normally make a double assassination, guards in the distance wont notice, but when trying to blow up the ships, when all the guards are out if view on the other side of the ship, a double assassination alerts everyone and I get mission failed