PDA

View Full Version : Best abilities/perks for Wolfpack solo?

SixKeys
12-03-2012, 02:58 AM
I've been playing a lot of Wolfpack solo to rack up Abstergo credits (open WP is a nightmare). I'd like to know what you people think is a good set of abilities and perks to have for the higher difficulties. I haven't been doing a lot of experimenting so far, right now I most often use Poison/Disguise/Poison Dart. Perks: Hot Pursuit and the one that allows you to recover from stuns faster (forgot the name). Streaks: +550 Silent Kill streak and Ability Reset. I know Poison Dart doesn't give a lot of points, I mainly chose it because using it gives you +1 towards Variety.

Any comments/advice?

PurinxPop
12-03-2012, 03:04 AM
For Hardcore, I use Disguise, Poison, Knife/Pistol, Overall Cooldowns, Kill Buffer, +550 Silent Streak, and Boost Cooldowns. Trust me, Poison Dart is a bad idea. It is inferior to the pistol which shoots faster and can rack up good bonuses. Pistol becomes amazing on the sequences where you are required to kill a fleeing target as an extra objective or the sequences where you have to kill your target under 15 seconds. I don't even think knife is necessary at all.

And yeah Open WP is a nightmare. Everyone rushes for kills and nobody seems to understand what 'synchronize' means

Madman6884
12-03-2012, 03:09 AM
Agreed, swap out darts for the pistol. Is depends on the map but with that set and a grab kill you can get EV without wasting points/time swapping ability sets. No need for kill buffer though, use resilience to get up from accidental stuns faster.

Swivel_Gun
12-03-2012, 04:17 AM
Agreed, swap out darts for the pistol. Is depends on the map but with that set and a grab kill you can get EV without wasting points/time swapping ability sets. No need for kill buffer though, use resilience to get up from accidental stuns faster.What's a map you can get a grab kill on?

And does kill buffer even do anything, since you only get stunned in WP?

Madman6884
12-03-2012, 06:21 AM
What's a map you can get a grab kill on?

No, kill buffer does nothing (as long as you don't reset after being stunned[?]), which is why I recommended Resilience instead to get up quick from being stunned. My set is as follows:
Disguise- Fast cooldown crafted
Poison- 300 point crafted
Pistol- Accuracy/aim crafted
Overall Cooldowns
Resilience (Hot Pursuit can be good too for the slower depletion of your approach meter, but Resilience seems more useful)
550 Silent Streak
Any Loss Streak since it's meaningless for WP

As for maps where you can get grab kills, its all dependent of which groups and paths the NPCs spawn in unfortunately, but there are a few.
New York Brewery is the best, many groups they spawn in that they can be grabbed from, and many moving groups that go near ledges.
Fort Wolcott has a few places where you can get grab kills.
Northwest Passage has a bridge that comes off of the smaller boat that's near the Deathmatch zone; they spawn in moving blend groups that go over that bridge regularly.
Virginia Plantation is possible though very rare since it only can happen if they spawn in the wall-leaning groups on that tower.

E-Zekiel
12-03-2012, 09:05 AM
What do you mean, you people?

DJJaines
12-03-2012, 09:20 AM
No, kill buffer does nothing (as long as you don't reset after being stunned[?]), which is why I recommended Resilience instead to get up quick from being stunned. My set is as follows:
Disguise- Fast cooldown crafted
Poison- 300 point crafted
Pistol- Accuracy/aim crafted
Overall Cooldowns
Resilience (Hot Pursuit can be good too for the slower depletion of your approach meter, but Resilience seems more useful)
550 Silent Streak
Any Loss Streak since it's meaningless for WP .

Same except I find HP more useful and use full aiming time crafted pistol. Also I have no silent 550 streak as I've been saving for costumes.

SixKeys
12-03-2012, 11:20 AM
What's a map you can get a grab kill on?

New York Brewery is a good one for grab kills. I've gotten some on the Northwest Passage as well.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I'll be giving them a try later on.

FilipinoNinja67
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
I beat Wolfpack single on hardcore using the class Glimmer/Poison/Gun, Hot Pursuit/Overall Cooldowns, and 5 Silent Streak.

Glimmer helps with the later levels and you cannot be seen by anyone unless you're sprinting, poison was good for multi kills, and gun was good for variety and those danged firecracker people. Whenever you want a multi kill you can line both targets up and approach while holding the lock button so the lock is over the first target, build up your meter to silent, then just hit the kill button twice.

One of the rounds has a challenge where you have to kill your next target within 15 seconds of killing your last target. When you get to this wave do not worry about approach bonuses, the challenge makes up for it.

The easiest map to beat by yourself is Walcott due to it being extremely small although I did get to wave 22 on Virginia and Brewery.

ryancolby1984
02-06-2013, 06:21 AM
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Blender perk. It can help reveal targets like that stupid tracker that has blend when yours overwrites his.

Murzealous
02-06-2013, 11:14 AM
I use Disguise/Poison/Knives, Kill Buffer/Overall Cooldowns, and the 3/5 Silent Killstreak. With this set I can easily solo Hardcore and usually end up with about 2-3 minutes left for a big Time Bonus. From trial and error trying to beat my personal high scores I've come to the conclusion Knives are superior to Gun; the reason being I say this is because Knives are really useful for getting Hidden bonuses on a moving single target and the shorter cooldown is handy. People like to use Gun to get Pistol/Execution to add to their variety, but since your playing solo Extreme Variety is impossible to get but Greater Variety is attainable as long as you are doing the optional objectives even without the Gun bonuses.