PDA

View Full Version : Why Does the Game Allow Attacking Patriots?

Ancient Attero
12-03-2012, 01:32 AM
This is something that perplexes me a bit. Why can Connor attack Patriots? Let alone why they show up as enemies on the mini-map.

I know the Assassin's don't technically have a allegiance with the Patriots, but we both are fighting for freedom. And Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't we fought beside the founding fathers? Fought in key battles of the Revolution? Including along side the Patriots?

They should known Connor is a ally. Thats another issue too, why place us back when the Red Coats left? I full well don't want to attack my brothers in arms now.

Staple-Tape
12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
Because the game wouldn't be fun if you were not allowed to kill anyone after you finished it.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:37 AM
This is something that perplexes me a bit. Why can Connor attack Patriots? Let alone why they show up as enemies on the mini-map.

I know the Assassin's don't technically have a allegiance with the Patriots, but we both are fighting for freedom. And Correct me if i'm wrong but haven't we fought beside the founding fathers? Fought in key battles of the Revolution? Including along side the Patriots?

They should known Connor is a ally. Thats another issue too, why place us back when the Red Coats left? I full well don't want to attack my brothers in arms now.

YOUR Brothers in arms Screwed Connor over & his people .............Even after liberating forts for the patriots - the patriots would shove connor away if he got too close.
Maybe connor has a REAL sense of justice & freedom .

UrDeviant1
12-03-2012, 01:39 AM
Connor's people were still forced out of their village, even after the Redcoats left.

Ancient Attero
12-03-2012, 01:43 AM
I get in the games sake you need enemies. But i think it would have been better to place you back before the liberation, before the Red Coat Exodus. Cause there are aspects of the game now that are weird. Like causing riots and those people protesting the Patriots. I guess it will make MORE sense when Washington gets crowned.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:57 AM
I get in the games sake you need enemies. But i think it would have been better to place you back before the liberation, before the Red Coat Exodus. Cause there are aspects of the game now that are weird. Like causing riots and those people protesting the Patriots. I guess it will make MORE sense when Washington gets crowned.

And you're under the impression things were very different for the people under patriot rule . I suppose everybody stopped paying taxes altogether .

Assassin_M
12-03-2012, 02:06 AM
OP..I`ll try to put it as polite as I can...

You are Stu-...Igno-...Idio-...Misinformed...Yes..You are misinformed..Delusional too

MasterAssasin84
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM

Because Connor is Fighting for the Assassins rather than dedicating himself to the cause of the patriots, the Templars will side with anyone who will benefit their cause and Connor as an Assassin will kill anyone regardless of alligence who poses an obsticle agains his hunt.

This is an arguement that has been breaking out since the game was announced , some people felt that it was totaly Patriot Bias were as others perceived it as anti English but some fans failed to realise that Connor is killing on both sides to achieve his goal.

dxsxhxcx
12-03-2012, 12:29 PM
if they become a problem, they should be disposed, simple as that.

Paribissee
12-03-2012, 12:30 PM
I like killing patriots much more:cool:

MasterAssasin84
12-03-2012, 12:44 PM
if they become a problem, they should be disposed, simple as that.

This is the whole point, Connor will dispose of anyone who poses a threat to his hunt for the templars regardless of who they are serving .

OK9ZERA
12-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I think you're misunderstanding the idea. OP is trying to say that, at least before the end game, it really doesn't make sense that the patriots treat Connor as an enemy, not the other way around. Connor throughout the game helps the patriot cause majorly, and in many missions patriot soldiers take orders and treat him with respect. It doesn't make sense that they investigate and push him around as though they were the normal overly-eager AC guards. They way the game's done it is so that you can kill patriots only as a way to give Connor enemies in liberated areas.

montagemik
12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
I think you're misunderstanding the idea. OP is trying to say that, at least before the end game, it really doesn't make sense that the patriots treat Connor as an enemy, not the other way around. Connor throughout the game helps the patriot cause majorly, and in many missions patriot soldiers take orders and treat him with respect. It doesn't make sense that they investigate and push him around as though they were the normal overly-eager AC guards. They way the game's done it is so that you can kill patriots only as a way to give Connor enemies in liberated areas.

I Think you're missing the history , The natives were treated as a lower class in colonial society by most - During the redcoat control - After the redcoats departure & for many years since under purely patriot control
Achilles himself tells Connor it's better to try & pass for a Spaniard than to be known as a native .

Being able to kill patriots after killing mostly redcoats Not only makes sense historically - It's completely justified & understandable from both Connor's perspective & the beliefs of the Assassin order.
(Payback's a B***h huh ? )

edit * Just be glad they removed the Scalping feature - That would've upset the 'patriots' no end. :p

ze_topazio
12-03-2012, 01:31 PM
Connor sympathized with the patriot cause and helped them in several occasions, however once the war ended the patriot soldiers became common guards just like the ones Altair and Ezio liked so much to kill, Connor, like the assassin he is, kills anyone that dares to interfere with him, actually he doesn't kill many, you do, you are the one killing them, if you don't want to kill them, be more stealthy and run away when they attack you, also Connor is not American, he's Mohawk or whatever, so no need for him to respect American soldiers.

And this a game so no need to feel bad when you kill your virtual compatriots, i'm sure you have no problem killing people from other nationalities in other games.

MasterAssasin84
12-03-2012, 01:34 PM

I understand this and i know this but the point i was trying to make was Connor will kill regardless of side and outfit , yes Connor was loyal to the Patriots because the Templars sided with the British so he used this to his advantage but all you have to do is look at thye scene with George Washington during the betrayal of his people it was at that point that Connor went into his own man.

If the Templars sided with the Patriots Connor would have turned his attention to them.

pacmanate
12-03-2012, 02:19 PM
No one cares OP, NO ONE.

MasterAssasin84
12-03-2012, 03:08 PM
No one cares OP, NO ONE.

Agreed :) !! it was never really an issue for me in the first place but so many people felt the need to suck eggs !!

lightlamp
12-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Think this is about the 5th time i have said it and i will say it again.

Yet ANOTHER thread about this!

montagemik
12-03-2012, 06:36 PM
Think this is about the 5th time i have said it and i will say it again.

Yet ANOTHER thread about this!

& Only one nationality starting these topics . :rolleyes:

dewgel
12-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Because the massively stupid internet troll of British nobheads (I'm British too btw) moaned and moaned to Ubisoft about all the Redcoat killing.

And, because Connor got chewed over. It happened around Sequence 10 I think, when he finds out that Washington was the one who ordered the attack on his home.

Also, as said many times, Connor has no allegiance.

pacmanate
12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Once again.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR BLUECOAT FETISH.

MasterAssasin84
12-03-2012, 09:24 PM
& Only one nationality starting these topics . :rolleyes:

As always lol !! very predictable dont you think , who cares !! not me thats for sure this topic is not a valid discussion.

VitoAuditore
12-10-2012, 02:25 AM
I love that so much americans are getting mad about the patriot killing. the Majority of americans seem to think that america is the ,best country in the world', but when theres 1 second of americans showed in a non positive setting, they cry and moan. I just love it when they cry :]

(p.s. I do not have anything against americans but my experience with americans I have met online is that alot of em have a screwed up way of patriotism..)

jmk1999
12-10-2012, 02:54 AM
hmmm.... i'm just gonna close this topic quietly. i think you all can figure out why.