PDA

View Full Version : Question about glimmer

Jack-Reacher
12-02-2012, 10:47 PM
If I run around in high profile with glimmer on, will my pursuers, or even my targets, see the L1 auto lock on my head? If not then its pretty good for rushing stuns in this new event

DJJaines
12-02-2012, 10:56 PM
If you rush from behind it can work, if you're right in front of them it's a bit hit and miss. I tend to find glimmer works better at getting you close but not speedily. It's best for corner hiding or if you're disguise runs out and you're enemy doesn't see then switching into hide mode in the crowd to finish dominating an area...

Jack-Reacher
12-02-2012, 11:04 PM
ok, but can I please get a confirmation on whether or not the lock icon on my head shows when I run in high profile?

Wolfsbane5
12-02-2012, 11:12 PM
When you high profile run towards anyone while glimmer is active? yes you get an auto-lock above you. Also while in high profile your glimmer, aint so much a glimmer as a beam.
Scale: dark, dim, glimmer, gleam, beam (yes, "Black Prism" quote 'Brent Weeks')
In other words, use glimmer and rush someone and you STILL get auto-lock over you, further you'll shine like a second sun.

Jack-Reacher
12-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Yeah I wasnt so much worried about the shine, I was going to use it to run around the back of bases where they dont normally see you anyway, but in the corner of their eye they see the lock button that ruins it. Its a friggen useless ability.

Wolfsbane5
12-02-2012, 11:40 PM
Its pretty nasty for hiding behind corners and not moving. You're nearly completely invisible if ya aint moving.
Works great if you enter a Domination zone without defenders and the rush back. You use it, dont move, they cant see you.
But yeah, it aint the best ability out there. Get the challenges done and move on.

That perk that allows you to auto-bash and open chase breakers instantly pretty much cancels the use of Closure.
So as far as crappy abilities go, glimmer isnt the worst.