PDA

View Full Version : how do you use the horse whistle?

newsletterdump
12-02-2012, 04:00 AM
I can't figure how to make the horse whistle work. I select it in the radial tool menu, but the icon shows as a bright blue, as if indicating it is disabled, and nothing seems to make it function--mouse keys, Q, E, F, just about any key I could think of. Same thing when I hotkey it. Am I missing something or is this bugged? It is not explained in the manual, either. Do I have to somehow bind it to a horse first?

promero14
12-02-2012, 04:17 AM
Well i've only used it outside cities. Are you trying it inside a city?

K0lucc1
12-02-2012, 04:25 AM
I can't figure how to make the horse whistle work. I select it in the radial tool menu, but the icon shows as a bright blue, as if indicating it is disabled, and nothing seems to make it function--mouse keys, Q, E, F, just about any key I could think of. Same thing when I hotkey it. Am I missing something or is this bugged? It is not explained in the manual, either. Do I have to somehow bind it to a horse first?

It is the same button as the rest of the tools. (Ex: Shooting a Musket or setting a snare) Try that. Also take what was said above into thought. Are you using it inside or outside a city? I'm pretty sure it works regardless.

cmrggamer
12-02-2012, 04:27 AM
Well, if it was working you should be able to select it and then have it take the place as the secondary weapon (where the bow is usually) and then press Q (the same button that fires a gun) and that should call your horse.

Once or twice I tried calling a horse and I saw the little assassin symbol nearby but no horse--must have been some bug. I think I fast traveled to a new place and tried again and then it worked. I don't know if that's anything like what you're experiencing, but maybe it's a bug?

newsletterdump
12-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Thanks. It must be a bug. Q does nothing and it doesn't work either in the frontier or in the city.

K0lucc1
12-02-2012, 04:58 AM
Thanks. It must be a bug. Q does nothing and it doesn't work either in the frontier or in the city.

Must be. I hope you find some kind of fix.

cmrggamer
12-02-2012, 05:46 AM
Yeah, I hope you can fix it too. Reopening the game doesn't do anything?

Maybe you should add your bug to the thread of bug fixes we're hoping get fixed

JoR0
12-02-2012, 07:56 AM
I tried using it early in the game and it didnt work, later on though I could use it and it hasnt messed up again, maybe its only after a certain sequence that its usable...?