PDA

View Full Version : Terrible FPS

meguel15
12-01-2012, 07:16 PM
Hey I am wondering why I have such a low fps..... I checked the recommended specs and I am pretty sure that I passed everything except the RAM, where I only have 4 GB. I am playing on the lowest settings with 1366x768 resolution 20-30 Fps. It is in Direct X 9 mode although I could play it in DX 11. Here are some of my specs:

Btw this is a laptop

Processor: AMD A6-Series A6-3410MX, overclocked to 2.2 GHz

Ram: 4 GB

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6750m 1024 MB GDDR3, I have dual graphics enabled so it becomes this: AMD Radeon HD 6755g2

If anyone that is good with PC's can help me. I would appreciate it. If the graphics card is a problem I could use a tutorial to OC it since I have been searching around for one. I can play other games like Hitman Absolution. AC3, MW3, ME3, so idk if this is my fault or the games fault.

Thanks in advance and if you need to know anymore specs just let me know :)

smokin_mitch
12-01-2012, 07:28 PM
best to wait for new patch/drivers to improve performance

Mr_Shade
12-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Hi There,

Drivers may improve the fps - however laptops do sometimes have issues with certain games, Far Cry 3 being one - and as such, it's not recommended to play using a laptop.

this is pointed out in the system requirements for the game.

However, I can only suggest you try the latest drivers [if not already] and keep an eye out for updates on the situation.

meguel15
12-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Oh..ok, hopefully there will be a patch to help out since I cant just buy a new PC. oh and can I allow the game to use more RAM, since I check Task Manager and it doesnt use as much as I would think.

smokin_mitch
12-01-2012, 07:36 PM
Hi There,

Drivers may improve the fps - however laptops do sometimes have issues with certain games, Far Cry 3 being one - and as such, it's not recommended to play using a laptop.

this is pointed out in the system requirements for the game.

However, I can only suggest you try the latest drivers [if not already] and keep an eye out for updates on the situation.

exactly, thats why i sold my alienware laptop and ill never buy a laptop again just stick to desktops for gaming and tablets for on the go surfing net/email etc....

Mr_Shade
12-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Oh..ok, hopefully there will be a patch to help out since I cant just buy a new PC. oh and can I allow the game to use more RAM, since I check Task Manager and it doesnt use as much as I would think.Hi,

There is unlikely to be a dedicated patch from Ubisoft - since it's not a supported card / laptop - however things may improve with future patches.

also there maybe graphic card driver updates, which may help.

meguel15
12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Ok I am almost certain that I have latest drivers but I will go check, thanks for the help!