PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 randomly crashes for no reason.

AlienHunter457
12-01-2012, 06:57 PM
Ok, from what I have played of the game, I have highly enjoyed (aside from a few HUD issues and the weapon selection system) and I really want to play more. The problem I am facing is that the game will randomly crash for no reason mid play session. I could be playing for 5-20 minutes and it will just freeze and the screen will go black. This is highly frustrating when it happens in an unskippable cut scene, where you will have to keep watching it to get past it, only to not be able to save on a main quest. I know its not my system as i have no problems running the game when its working and it can max every other game out there. Has anyone else experianced this problem and has anyone found a solution to it yet?

swk4847
12-01-2012, 07:38 PM
The same problem with me the game crashes at random times. But I have found that by not playing in windowed mode helps a bit. But you still get a crash now and again. I do know it is not my PC I have the latest graphics card and drivers and more than enough cpu speed and memory.

Mr_Shade
12-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Hi Guys,

If you are having technical issues, please remember to contact support and make them aware:

www.support.ubi.com

They play a vital role in helping the team solve issues - so the more information they get the better :)

TheArcadiez
12-01-2012, 11:22 PM
Have the same problem but mine is worst i'll get bluescren insteed.

wich is even worse becouse i have to restart my computer everytime, and it have happen atleast 5 times just today and it makes the game unplayable

loady1
07-20-2013, 09:37 AM
Ok, from what I have played of the game, I have highly enjoyed (aside from a few HUD issues and the weapon selection system) and I really want to play more. The problem I am facing is that the game will randomly crash for no reason mid play session. I could be playing for 5-20 minutes and it will just freeze and the screen will go black. This is highly frustrating when it happens in an unskippable cut scene, where you will have to keep watching it to get past it, only to not be able to save on a main quest. I know its not my system as i have no problems running the game when its working and it can max every other game out there. Has anyone else experianced this problem and has anyone found a solution to it yet?

My new farcry 3 also randomly crashes my older PS3 with a upgrade 500 gb drive

flybyme
07-20-2013, 09:52 AM
Overheating ? Have you ever taken the side off your computer and vacuumed the accumulated dust especially on your CPU and GPU.
:)

flybyme
07-20-2013, 09:54 AM
My new farcry 3 also randomly crashes my older PS3 with a upgrade 500 gb drive
This is the PC forum.

BigBadWolfski
07-20-2013, 11:39 AM
This is the PC forum.

Shhhhh..... console user..... don't expect them to read everything they just expect it to work straight out of the box... that's why they buy consoles in the first place...... :p