PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Ending ( SPOILERS AHOY)

HZD87
12-01-2012, 06:34 PM
SO I just finished this ( still waiting on the credits to end already -_-! so i can here )

Im kinda peeved now AC / ACII / BROTHERHOOD / REVELATIONS are awesome Animus and Memory wise and AC3 is like Animus memorys where boring and the Desmond bits where cool.

The whole AC3 story is 20% blowing stuff up / 80% doing boring stuff, hell the the collecting trinkets and stuff is better than the story ! the lease interesting AC by a long shot.

And they totally torlled us with the ending. . . i mean we play 4 whole games that are solid and great and then they spend all this time on a new engine and Assassin and manage fluff it up, we can to stop the end of the world or not and we get some derp derp ending that one of the ancients is really an generic evil person who tricked everyone.

I wanted to have two endings Either save the world are see it burn under the solar flair.

NO they sell out with some shoddy twist that makes your feeling like you've been robbed of your sex drive, the whole anticipation of a nice detailed ending of you SAVING / NOT SAVING the world and bam you might aswel have been slapped in the face with a wet fish.

- 5 hours until i get to play as connor
- Buggy a shell
- Terrible Ending
- Boring story for the most part
- Boring following people for half the game
- Pointless Animal hunting
- Weather had no effect on anything really
- AI was Terrible

I mean they cant have ruined the franchise any better if they tried. . . hell the Revelations ending was a billion times better ! even AC1 is better than AC3 and thats saying something because AC1 got slated for game play but least the story was awesome.

pirate1802
12-01-2012, 06:51 PM
Ok I just want ask this:

Were they to provide two endings, save/not save the world, and then decided to continue the story with the ending you didn't choose.. would you be ok with that? Wouldn't that invalidate your choice and the very point of making a choice?

r4inm4n1991
12-01-2012, 06:54 PM
What is a good, fun game to you?
If you're looking for perfection, go get a life.
People like you annoy me.

pacmanate
12-01-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree the story was inconsistent and I agree they should have bug tested (even a global moderator came here and said they wish Ubisoft didn't rush it out).

r4inm4n1991
12-01-2012, 06:59 PM
I agree the story was inconsistent and I agree they should have bug tested (even a global moderator came here and said they wish Ubisoft didn't rush it out).

Every AC game ended that way, with an open ending.
I don't know why people are complaining about the ending.
I enjoyed the game a lot, in the end i was like "Noooooo, not now", and now i'm looking forward for the next game.

HZD87
12-01-2012, 07:08 PM
What is a good, fun game to you?
If you're looking for perfection, go get a life.
People like you annoy me.

NO it was not much fun, it was boring and glitchy and i only enjoyed the Desmond parts because the whole connor story was drab and samey with lots of following and back and forth between locations to ask a man in a pub for some info about a man Thats miles away. . . . .

HZD87
12-01-2012, 07:10 PM
We know people survive the Flare, so its does not matter they can continue the story with those people. . . . otherwise who else would pass the knowledge onto the next civilization.

at least you'd be able to try to save / not save the world and the ending would be meaning full and not a trolling attempt for more money, on a franchise they have ruined

r4inm4n1991
12-01-2012, 07:14 PM
We know people survive the Flare, so its does not matter they can continue the story with those people. . . . otherwise who else would pass the knowledge onto the next civilization.

at least you'd be able to try to save / not save the world and the ending would be meaning full and not a trolling attempt for more money, on a franchise they have ruined

I'll tell you a secret, AC3 was not "THE end" of the franchise. There is more after this, be patient.

pirate1802
12-01-2012, 07:17 PM

This is what baffles me. people say the ending was not much original and bla bla bla. But what they suggest (like here) is even more original. Destruction of civilization and starting anew has been done to death.

Either way, I'm sure the alternative would be fun.. with 1% people surviving... Assassins Creed: Fallout.. Oh wait. Ubisoft already made that. Its called I Am Alive.

..and the ending would be meaning full and not a trolling attempt for more money, on a franchise they have ruined

The ending to me is much more meaningful now than the Desmond-becomes-Jesus ending or a happy happy ending, but hey. Different strokes for different people they say.

Eduard413
12-01-2012, 08:14 PM
The Ending of the game sucks not Because Desmond died, but itīs bad because it wasnīt epic, mindblowing and so on. I expected some huge revelations from the Glyphs (AC2 / ACB), some Emotional scenes (Itīs just strange because except William, it seemed like they didnīt care about Desmond , Rebbeca and Shaun even didnīt say last goodbye to him and just left) then, Daniel Cross, I wanted some conversation with him that would reveal something new, same with Vidic, I mean, last time we saw him was in AC2 If I donīt count ACR MP, why Desmond didnīt asked him for something, I donīt know, maybe something more about Lucy and so on,
also, In the end, It would be epic if they first show how the people on earth are in panic and scared and at the end they show how the world is saved and how everybody are happy, but TV News, eeeh, thatīs not enough

Ruscris2
12-01-2012, 09:24 PM
The Ending of the game sucks not Because Desmond died, but itīs bad because it wasnīt epic, mindblowing and so on. I expected some huge revelations from the Glyphs (AC2 / ACB), some Emotional scenes (Itīs just strange because except William, it seemed like they didnīt care about Desmond , Rebbeca and Shaun even didnīt say last goodbye to him and just left) then, Daniel Cross, I wanted some conversation with him that would reveal something new, same with Vidic, I mean, last time we saw him was in AC2 If I donīt count ACR MP, why Desmond didnīt asked him for something, I donīt know, maybe something more about Lucy and so on,
also, In the end, It would be epic if they first show how the people on earth are in panic and scared and at the end they show how the world is saved and how everybody are happy, but TV News, eeeh, thatīs not enough

Yeah. Also, they forgot to explain the glowing-arm thing at the end of Revelations. Now that Desmond is dead, they can't. Poor writers can't keep track of their own ****.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Reasons to hate the game are either Opinions or utterly dumb, or at the very least questionable, reasons..

To the Opinions, I strongly disagree..

To the dumb reasons, well...That speaks miles for itself

Sushiglutton
12-01-2012, 10:43 PM
The ending was a bit underwhelming perhaps, but as a game it's much better than previous AC games imo. They improved every single system and added a couple of awesome ones on top. Was more than I had hoped for.

pacmanate
12-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I enjoyed the game a lot, in the end i was like "Noooooo, not now", and now i'm looking forward for the next game.

The ending was really anti climatic though. They didn't have to rush the goodbyes for instance. There could have been a touching moment where Desmond says something like, "Tell mum I love her, everything will be alright".

Layytez
12-02-2012, 12:31 AM
Aslong as they keep releasing games they are going to keep ending them like that. You would think Desmond would ask how touching the pedestal is going to free Juno and how exactly she saved the world. Owell time to look forward to the next one.

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 12:31 AM
The ending was really anti climatic though. They didn't have to rush the goodbyes for instance. There could have been a touching moment where Desmond says something like, "Tell mum I love her, everything will be alright".
This

SweetsMachineGun
12-02-2012, 12:42 AM

Thirded. I mean, come on! They didn't even let Shaun and Rebecca say anything. They just stood there staring blankly as Desmond sacrificed himself. I'm assuming they at least formed some kind of friendship with him to want to say goodbye before he dies. :rolleyes:

Also, Desmond yells at everyone to get out but touches it before their barely out the door. Lol.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 12:43 AM
doesn't matter! as long as haytham got his 5 hour prolouge!!! Right!?

r4inm4n1991
12-02-2012, 12:46 AM

Im glad you said that.
Read your post, now think why there was no good byes :)

Lightpex
12-02-2012, 03:15 AM

ALL THIS. You summed it up perfectly.. The game wasn't trash. It was the best AC title yet! But as far as the ending goes... It was the worst. Which constantly disappoints me as Ubi was all "We're giving you an awesome ending to Desmond's Story!" And such.

HZD87
12-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I'll tell you a secret, AC3 was not "THE end" of the franchise. There is more after this, be patient.

I know its not but it should be . . . now we have to endure AC4 with this god forsaken hippy woman who wants to do the "GENERIC EVIL" thing on us and run the world.

Its going to have to have lasers and some fantasy setting in some futuristic utopia, i mean even the guns where pointless . . . why have a a gun to shoot people when its about seeking and climbing e.c.t BANG dead next guy, hide reload bang kill the next guy and repeat this all the game unless you have to kill some one in one way.

Its terrible really they made revelations so good with a great story and refined game play and the UI was fantastic and then AC3 landed like a big slop of bad UI bad AI and boring game play with guns. . .

they turned a good thing sour, I hope they return to their roots with an engaging story and less on pointless animal killing which nets you 170 credits so you can upgrade a ship thats does not need upgrading the whole game unless you somehow forgot how ships work.

Im sorry to rant but i enjoyed all the others and this is just backwards, its like they ruined star wars and total recall.

CrazyShrapnel
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
What bugs me is the fact that every character in the AC series is now interchangeable and expendable. All the characters from AC1 (Desmond, Lucy and Vidic) are dead. Shaun and Rebecca are background characters who are probably going to be lost in the change of scenery or killed in a Templar raid. Desmond's dad won't have as much importance now that Desmond's not around. Connor's memories have been separated from Desmond's DNA somehow (Pivot hacking thing at the end) so Connor and other past characters don't need a blood relative in the present anymore (I'm assuming).

Basically they can kill off whoever they want and bring whoever else they want into the story. Desmond's dead but Connor lives on. Which would be cool if it weren't for the fact they'll now make this story go on for a dozen more games, because memories.

I think I'll just buy every even numbered title, ignoring the Brotherhoods and Revelations inbetween. The Ģ10 DLC packs I'll watch on Youtube.

infamous_ezio
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational response. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for reading it. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

On topic though, the ending was good, however it wasn't presented the best. It felt rushed and that's what i didn't like about it. There was no emotion, nothing to be attached to. It was just... that....

CptAlex-SlothS
12-23-2012, 09:27 PM
The ending of the game kinda does suck because Desmond died. He was the character that was being built up across multiple games. It frustrated me because he became a Master Assassin to what, die in a temple? I don't know why they implemented him in the game in the first place, I find it a really weird way to throw off a character when he wasn't fully developed yet. He had so much potential that either Ubisoft was careless or they are planning a return or a twist in the story later on. Just my opinion.

Elite_scam
12-24-2012, 02:22 AM
So yeah... Wat About desmond's glowing arm at the end of revelations? There weren't enough people who saw the conversation with s.16 in ACB, so just scrap the entire related story plot? Doesn't it bother anyone how many stuff they left untouched in ac3's modern-day story? Come on "assassin's creed fans" .

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 02:25 AM
So yeah... Wat About desmond's glowing arm at the end of revelations? There weren't enough people who saw the conversation with s.16 in ACB, so just scrap the entire related story plot?

Clear enough ??

Elite_scam
12-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Clear enough ?? they clearly stated that they wantedto wrap stuff up to make the story less confusing for newcomers. I think they took a huge dump on ac fans to make room for a bigger audience. That includes you. You're just in denial.

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 02:38 AM
they clearly stated that they wantedto wrap stuff up to make the story less confusing for newcomers. I think they took a huge dump on ac fans to make room for a bigger audience.
And they did just that..

Desmond was wrapped up, We know everything about TWCB, Everything about Clay and Everything about the Modern Templars...

What you perceive as a "Dump" on AC fans are "The son" "Eve" and Desmond`s glowing arm....Hardly anything...They asserted that it`s not over and that they`re planting seeds..

Elite_scam
12-24-2012, 02:45 AM
And they did just that..

Desmond was wrapped up, We know everything about TWCB, Everything about Clay and Everything about the Modern Templars...

What you perceive as a "Dump" on AC fans are "The son" "Eve" and Desmond`s glowing arm....Hardly anything...They asserted that it`s not over and that they`re planting seeds..
So you're stating that Desmond is still alive?

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 02:47 AM
So you're stating that Desmond is still alive?
Are you sure you correctly read my post ?? Where did I say that ?

Elite_scam
12-24-2012, 02:50 AM
Are you sure you correctly read my post ?? Where did I say that ?

Well, why would they explain his.glowing arm in the next game(s) if he's dead?...would it make sense?

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 02:55 AM
Well, why would they explain his.glowing arm in the next game(s) if he's dead?...would it make sense?
They can very well explain his glowing arm while his dead. Hell, Clay had an entire story for him and HE was dead...

Did you see that Initiates pic of a long coated man standing at Lucy`s and Daniel`s graves and having a Glowing arm ?? Precisely...It need not even concern Desmond at all..

Elite_scam
12-24-2012, 03:00 AM
They can very well explain his glowing arm while his dead. Hell, Clay had an entire story for him and HE was dead...

Did you see that Initiates pic of a long coated man standing at Lucy`s and Daniel`s graves and having a Glowing arm ?? Precisely...It need not even concern Desmond at all..

It's not a glowing arm. He's clearly holding some kind of artefact (piece of Eden).

Assassin_M
12-24-2012, 03:08 AM
It's not a glowing arm. He's clearly holding some kind of artefact (piece of Eden).
That`s not something "clearly" stated, but it`s something to speculate on and until I`m proven wrong, it`s not allowed for dismissal...

thePhilCasper
12-26-2012, 10:29 AM

End of one game isnīt the same as the end of trilogy, you know...

Assassin_M
12-26-2012, 10:32 AM
End of one game isnīt the same as the end of trilogy, you know...
It`s not a Trilogy (Obviously) It`s just the end of one saga and that end bridges to the next....

thePhilCasper
12-26-2012, 10:41 AM
ALL THIS. You summed it up perfectly.. The game wasn't trash. It was the best AC title yet! But as far as the ending goes... It was the worst. Which constantly disappoints me as Ubi was all "We're giving you an awesome ending to Desmond's Story!" And such.

+1

I imagined some holographic image of Space like in the ACII vault... I donīt understand that. Killing-off-the-main-character-trend is just poor cliche to make the ending emotional... For me - FAIL !!! There are so many stories where main character sacrifices himself... Gamestory = Most original, Ending = Most unoriginal :(

mashroot
12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
+1

I imagined some holographic image of Space like in the ACII vault... I donīt understand that. Killing-off-the-main-character-trend is just poor cliche to make the ending emotional... For me - FAIL !!! There are so many stories where main character sacrifices himself... Gamestory = Most original, Ending = Most unoriginal :(

Maybe he is still alive. How many games have the main character "sacrifice" himself and unexpectedly survive?

Shingram
12-30-2012, 07:06 PM
Reasons to hate the game are either Opinions or utterly dumb, or at the very least questionable, reasons..

To the Opinions, I strongly disagree..

To the dumb reasons, well...That speaks miles for itself

You forgot to include "Completely legitamate, backed up by logic and perfectly sensible."

The ending and writing and payoffs in this game were horrendous or even more unforgivable they were non existent (Cross, final ending to Desmond's modern day story arch, saving the world now vs failure ages ago, many of Nathan's motivations and actions including his initial turn, questions about the first civ, questions about a**** and eve"the truth", Idea of free thinking vs peaceful control, Connor's development as a free thinking character, elimination of assassin's in the colony). You've been around the forum long enough to see many different people give enough legit examples where you're opinion holds a lot less water though you can continue to have it all you want.

False advertisement and promising a conclusive ending to the entire story does not ingratiate forgiveness after 6+ games. Taking one character out of the equation and continuing the same plot does not = conclusive ending

Death_Aflame
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
I personally think that Desmond survived, and his father, Shaun and Rebecca will put him into the Animus (Obviously).

MT4K
12-30-2012, 08:54 PM
False advertisement and promising a conclusive ending to the entire story does not ingratiate forgiveness after 6+ games. Taking one character out of the equation and continuing the same plot does not = conclusive ending

I don't recall them ever saying AC3 would end the "entire story". All i remember them saying was that it was the end of Desmond's story (which it was).

The Solar Flare was stopped and Desmond is dead. The main modern day plot was about the Solar Flare. We got the ending to that.

I personally think that Desmond survived, and his father, Shaun and Rebecca will put him into the Animus (Obviously).

The 2nd edition of the Encyclopaedia also states Desmond is dead. Just for the record in case it wasn't mentioned in the thread yet :p.

Assassin_M
12-31-2012, 04:57 AM
You forgot to include "Completely legitamate, backed up by logic and perfectly sensible."

The ending and writing and payoffs in this game were horrendous or even more unforgivable they were non existent (Cross, final ending to Desmond's modern day story arch, saving the world now vs failure ages ago, many of Nathan's motivations and actions including his initial turn, questions about the first civ, questions about a**** and eve"the truth", Idea of free thinking vs peaceful control, Connor's development as a free thinking character, elimination of assassin's in the colony). You've been around the forum long enough to see many different people give enough legit examples where you're opinion holds a lot less water though you can continue to have it all you want.

i`m sorry, little buddy..Did I upset you ?? Oh I`m so sorry...drink your milk and sleep tight at night.

Obviously you did not read my post properly. I said to most of the opinions that are "Completely legitimate, backed up by logic and perfectly sensible." (You can`t even spell legitimate) I disagree with them...Did that hurt your feelings ?

infamous_ezio
01-02-2013, 08:25 PM
i`m sorry, little buddy..Did I upset you ?? Oh I`m so sorry...drink your milk and sleep tight at night.

Obviously you did not read my post properly. I said to most of the opinions that are "Completely legitimate, backed up by logic and perfectly sensible." (You can`t even spell legitimate) I disagree with them...Did that hurt your feelings ?

wow, he spelt a word wrong.. tut tut.. the grammar police won't be very happy about that!

AdrianJacek
01-03-2013, 08:43 PM
Found this: http://www.polygon.com/gaming/2012/9/24/3382634/where-assassins-creed-3-will-begin-and-where-it-wont-end