PDA

View Full Version : A few tips on how to play and win Domination?

lucreziasboy
12-01-2012, 01:31 PM
So the first chance i had to play domination was during the reinforcement event,where my team lost miserably.I like to believe that domination with our own ability sets would be easier but this would be good not only for us but also our opponents.I'm trying to find out the best strategy to win that mode and i guess teamwork is the key.Can u tell me the ability sets u use in domination?It would be a great help.Thanks in advance!

Carbiner
12-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Domination is the most team focused of the team modes, you can win Manhunt and Artifact Assault through personal achievement more often than not but you can't be in 2-3 places at once in Domination. The most I've done is hold a single point for the entire match by myself against multiple personas, as long as the rest of your team is decent at taking zones then you'll win this sort of match (unless the other team endeavors to only hold 2 zones the entire match), taking zones is going to be much more chaotic no matter what you do, a single stun is often not enough to take a zone even if there's only one guy there and something like disguise or glimmer is ultimately going to be more useful in this regard. Since you're dealing with multiple people Morph is again one of the best abilities, combined with knives and smoke it's entirely possible to deal with 3 aggressors in rapid succession. If your side has 3 random people and yourself and the other side has a team of 4 you're probably completely screwed and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it other than quit or shame the other side by outscoring them, but score doesn't really matter that much.

DudeTD388
12-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Domination is the most team focused of the team modes, you can win Manhunt and Artifact Assault through personal achievement more often than not but you can't be in 2-3 places at once in Domination. The most I've done is hold a single point for the entire match by myself against multiple personas, as long as the rest of your team is decent at taking zones then you'll win this sort of match (unless the other team endeavors to only hold 2 zones the entire match), taking zones is going to be much more chaotic no matter what you do, a single stun is often not enough to take a zone even if there's only one guy there and something like disguise or glimmer is ultimately going to be more useful in this regard. Since you're dealing with multiple people Morph is again one of the best abilities, combined with knives and smoke it's entirely possible to deal with 3 aggressors in rapid succession. If your side has 3 random people and yourself and the other side has a team of 4 you're probably completely screwed and there's pretty much nothing you can do about it other than quit or shame the other side by outscoring them, but score doesn't really matter that much.

Much of this is correct, but just to add:

Let's just assume you have two full teams of 4, and they are of somewhat equal skill level. Once you start up your going to have three options (these require map knowledge):

1. Run as fast as possible to the "extra" zone (in other words the zone that neither teams is close to)
2. Remain in your zone (the reason why is option 3)
3. Assualt your enemies zone (the one they spawn closest to)

Option one is the most common, it can assure two zone for your team if you remember to tap your spawning zone (when a zone is neutral you just have to enter for a second to cap) from then you just have to have 2 people guard each zone and victory should be easy. Option 2 is rarely needed as most people rush option 1, but a few people (like me) will sometimes rush your zone knowing most will rush option 1. Option three is only advised if your certain the other team is doing option 1 or possibly option.

There is no doubt that attacking a zone is difficult, the best option (if possible) is to have no interaction with enemies guarding the zone until AT LEAST half the zone is capped...any earlier and you risk giving yourself away to early and get yourself killed.

Evil 5teven
12-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Most people think Domination is just about capturing territories. But it's not only that. The main thing here is team synergy. You have to constantly be aware what your team is doing (hence the indicators) and what the enemy is doing (hence the capture indicators). Your own criteria is important, as if you are defending a territory, you should be able to risk either supporting a falling territory or attacking their other territory if you see a full out attack of the enemy team.

You also have another role, which I consider vital, which is the runner. This role is usually running all around the map, in high profile, providing support to either defense or attack, and his agresiveness baffles enemies that are not prepared.

If you are not playing with a group / clan, then my advice would be to trying to figure out which is the weakest part of your team and assume that role. If you are set on defending and your teammates suck at attacking or are just basecamping, then switch your skillset and go for some captures. If you see full out attacks, you may want to trust your team and stay back to defend in case I see that opportunity to capture your base.

Also, don't settle for just two territories, unless it's a close call. Keep the pressure up. This will make the enemy team be constantly on their toes, making their offensive power less effective. It does not matter if you kamikaze in and die, just keep them occupied.

Also, frontier camping is important. It gives you an edge on spotting the attackers earlier and dispatching them before they get to capture, making defense easier. Also, try to mark and target every suspicious behaviour. If you see a guy fast-walking or running, tag him! there may be a teammate just around the corner that will finish the job.

As for skillsets...well...the event gives you predetermined ones, skills which I would not use at all, personally.

In Domination, I would definitely go for the gun (although it is frowned upon by the "uberpros") since it's a great crowd control and reduces threat on your territory.
Also, smoke is a must, since it can be used offensively and defensively.
The other skill is up to you, it can be bodyguard, firecrackers, decoy, even wipe if you want.

The perks and streaks, they're all up to you, but I recommend Resistance (the one where you are more resistant to stuns and contested) as a must.
The other perk is up to you...

I hope it helped out a bit :)

lucreziasboy
12-01-2012, 11:07 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to write all this down,it will really help me in my future domination sessions!

Wolfsbane5
12-02-2012, 01:28 AM
Domination normally is tough enough but this event giving you either:
* tripwire + wipe + gun
or *disguise + glimmer + disruption
rather annoying, for personally id go for smoke+tripwire+knives for
both defensive and capping (maybe animus shield for defensive too)

The best way to cap is teamplay, capping solo is nearly impossible.
If the zone has but a single defender you're still not ganna cap it solo if they see you coming.
For solo: At 1/3 or 1/2 time into capping, try and get the stun in, then stand back and tripwire
near another edge. It should activate before your opponent gets up.
he rushes you, runs into tripwire and you get another stun off. move to another egde, he gets up you knife him. If you still aint capped, smokebomb+stun.

Thats one-on-one. With just tripe-wire+wipe+gun, and disguise+glimmer+disruption its easier to play defensive then to assault... why is the new objective capture all them zones...
Thats just plain annoying, thank you ubisoft for nothing. male cow excrement!