PDA

View Full Version : Will there be changes for multiplayer?

WicKeD_BosAap
12-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Took me over an hour to get into a mp game and guess what... 2 vs 5. :mad:

I would be nice to know if there will be any changes in the near future to make it playable because this is just horrible.
The gameplay and maps are great but...
If people leave no new players come in?
9 out of 10 lobby games are bugged.

I have a 100mbit up and download so no problem to host a game but if i do that its not ranked and no players come in.
Maybe add a server browser and make requirements for it to be ranked?
Ohhh and an option to switch sides.

umadbroimnasty
12-01-2012, 01:26 PM
Yeah, no sh*t. Their p2p system is pure garbage. Give us dedicated servers or something. Who I'm mad at are those **** reviewers who gave above 9/10 without properly reviewing all three components of the game. Both mp and co-op deserve like a 4/10. Knowing ubi, they won't fix anything. They are all probably on vacation already, counting the money we spent on this game. :mad:

WicKeD_BosAap
12-01-2012, 01:42 PM
Dedicated servers are not going to happen they said but i'm still hoping for a server browser and the option to host your own ranked game.

mrtmrc
12-01-2012, 02:09 PM
:mad:forget about it, it will be impossible!!!!:mad: they have turned our PCs ti miserable console :mad: thanks to ubi (my pc costs 3,500) thank you very much!!!:mad: (you noticed at the beginning of game starts? after logo loading get uses the word "console"):mad:I will never stop thanking you ...ubi:mad:

umadbroimnasty
12-01-2012, 02:26 PM
:mad:forget about it, it will be impossible!!!!:mad: they have turned our PCs ti miserable console :mad: tanks to ubi (my pc costs € 3,500) thank you very much!!!:mad:
(you noticed at the beginning of game starts? after logo loading get uses the word "console"):mad:

None of the big publishers are going to make a separate PC version anyway. They only care about money. However, there are good console ports and bad console ports. See the thing is BLOPS 2 has a lobby system too, but it works really nice. FC3 on the other hand is a really bad console port with the worst p2p system I've ever come across. I wish I had not pre-ordered the game. Now I know why none of my friends purchase games published by ubi. They avoid all the ubi games like the plague, no matter how good the trailers look. We just got fooled by heavily edited trailers, gameplay footage and the reviewers who probably have been bribed. :(

WicKeD_BosAap
12-01-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't mind if its a console port but the lobby system just isn't working.
It would be nice if devs could let us know if there will be changes or not.

The option to host your own ranked server and a simple server browser would make a lot of players very happy i think.

mrtmrc
12-01-2012, 03:01 PM
ok ....I'm sorry, ....but I think this was the biggest mistake
pc => dedicated server -> more cost (adult)
console => lobby -> low cost (children)

and who benefits?? ubisoft..of course....lower production costs...

Urbancom
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
ok ....I'm sorry, ....but I think this was the biggest mistake
pc => dedicated server -> more cost (adult)
console => lobby -> low cost (children)

and who benefits?? ubisoft..of course....lower production costs...

Well, they might benefit right now and only live for the day. But I really don't think any "serious" game developer wants this much rage. Most companies wants to build up a great community and trusty fans, that'll continue to buy/make others buy their games for years to come. After this release they most likely lost 80% of their PC-fans, if not more.
And any potential buyer or pirate that obtained the game thru some secret cave on the island is scared off by the immense amounts of flaws.

Their new fanbase of 12yo might keep them afloat for some years, but killing the PC community will slowly strangle them.
"Of course, we aren’t trying to kill the PC community,” - Johansson :mad:
http://myscriptx.com/dl/1376/facepalm.gif

IDefectedI
12-01-2012, 04:07 PM
None of the big publishers are going to make a separate PC version anyway. They only care about money. However, there are good console ports and bad console ports. See the thing is BLOPS 2 has a lobby system too, but it works really nice. FC3 on the other hand is a really bad console port with the worst p2p system I've ever come across. I wish I had not pre-ordered the game. Now I know why none of my friends purchase games published by ubi. They avoid all the ubi games like the plague, no matter how good the trailers look. We just got fooled by heavily edited trailers, gameplay footage and the reviewers who probably have been bribed. :(

Not true - One of the biggest publishers 'Epic Studios' is working on a PC exclusive right now .

ralphortiz.net
12-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Dedicated servers are not going to happen they said but i'm still hoping for a server browser and the option to host your own ranked game.

Sounds like a dedicated server.:D

WicKeD_BosAap
12-01-2012, 04:25 PM

Nope just the create custom game that is already in FC3 with a server browser.

mrtmrc
12-01-2012, 04:50 PM
ok I am programmer (look signature) ...and believe me.... it is impossible to happen, because they should rewrite 55/70% of the source code to fit ....
unfortunately we have to keep playing as well as out..do you have idea how much it would cost??
.:mad:.thanks ubisoft:mad:

WicKeD_BosAap
12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
I see devs posting on the forum and closing topic but still no answer to my question if a simple serverlist is possible. :(

A simple "We will look into it", "Not gonna happen", "Maybe in the future" would be nice.

ralphortiz.net
12-02-2012, 12:48 AM
ok I am programmer (look signature) ...and believe me.... it is impossible to happen, because they should rewrite 55/70% of the source code to fit ....
unfortunately we have to keep playing as well as out..do you have idea how much it would cost??
.:mad:.thanks ubisoft:mad:

No, you're not a programer & don't push it. LOL... :nonchalance:

I for one wants a dedicated server but not pushing for it for it's impossible.

For big game publishers like Ubisoft, Activision, etc its not profitable. Having a dedicated server is not that hard. If Activision really open to dedicated server then all the have to do is make the server codes as open source. Third party players will join in an create a dedicated server program for everybody.

Look what happened with MW2. Third party IWNet join in with its MW2 dedicated server app & gamers had their dedicated servers. Sadly, EA shutdown IWNet by having their lawyers talked with IWNet people to "cease and desist" or face a potential lawsuit.

With the released of BO2, Activision made it clear that they're keeping their server files, mod tools &/or will keep their new game close to further modifications. End of story on BO2 for modding. it's gonna be the same with Ubisoft & FC3.

We're seeing the end of dedicated servers nowadays as major players now going for P2P & social media hub in games. Uplay, Battlelog, Steam, etc. are now the becoming a necessity to play games by the big game publishers to further combat game piracy.

The PC gaming community is only a tip of the iceberg. It's so small that it really doesn't matter for game publisher to concentrate on it. Console gaming is where the money goes. The death of PC gaming doesn't impact the game makers at all.

Gaming are here to stay. It will even get bigger. But its going to be mainly console gaming. Take for example BO2 pulling down $500 million in its first 24 hours (very little of the sale coming from PC gaming). It's even bigger than the biggest Hollywood blockbuster. No matter if you kneel down or kiss Ubisoft's asses to have a dedicated server, it will fell on deaf ears. The money is just not there. It's not because it's hard to do.

earth0007
12-02-2012, 01:34 AM
No, you're not a programer & don't push it. :nonchalance:

I for one wants a dedicated server but not pushing for it for it's impossible.

For big game publishers like Ubisoft, Activision, etc its not profitable. Having a dedicated server is not that hard. If Activision really open to dedicated server then all the have to do is make the server codes as open source. Third party players will join in an create a dedicated server program for everybody.

Look what happened with MW2. Third party IWNet join in with its MW2 dedicated server app & gamers had their dedicated servers. Sadly, EA shutdown IWNet by having their lawyers talked with IWNet people to "cease and desist" or face a potential lawsuit.

With the released of BO2, Activision made it clear that they're keeping their server files, mod tools &/or will keep their new game close to further modifications. End of story on BO2 for modding. it's gonna be the same with Ubisoft & FC3.

We're seeing the end of dedicated servers nowadays as major players now going for P2P & social media hub in games. Uplay, Battlelog, Steam, etc. are now the becoming a necessity to play games by the big game publishers to further combat game piracy.

The PC gaming community is only a tip of the iceberg. It's so small that it really doesn't matter for game publisher to concentrate on it. Console gaming is where the money goes. The death of PC gaming doesn't impact the game makers at all.

Gaming are here to stay. It will even get bigger. But its going to be mainly console gaming. Take for example BO2 pulling down $500 million in its first 24 hours (very little of the sale coming from PC gaming). It's even bigger than the biggest Hollywood blockbuster. No matter if you kneel down or kiss Ubisoft's asses to have a dedicated server, it will fell on deaf ears. The money is just not there. It's not because it's hard to do.

Yeah, but even console players are not liking the p2p system by ubi. Just go to console discussion section and have e a look. Even they want basic features like being able to switch teams, balance teams, host custom maps, a server browser, option to put clan tags and etc. Obviously ubi won't add any of that since they have been the most reluctant company to listen to community feedback, but every player, regardless of the platform is asking for these basic features.

Also, don't put steam in the same category as origin and uplay. Steam is really great compared to piece of trash origin and uplay. Also, pc gaming is on the rise, especially since this generation of consoles are coming to an end. If you follow twitch.tv, the top 3-4 viewed games are LoL, SC2, WoW and DOTA 2. All of them are PC games. CS is still being played by more that 10k people at a time and f2p shooters like tf2, BLR and etc have a huge player base and quite profitable. It's just ubi, activision and EA are putting all their eggs in the console basket and it's going to bite them in the behind sooner or later. PC gaming is not dead, it's just we refuse to purchase half-assed products without proper support. Half-life 3 is supposed to be announced next month and I would bet that it'll be one of the most successful PC games in decades. That's because valve knows how to support a game while companies like ubi are so detached from their customer base. PC community is the most picky yet the most loyal player base. If a company do us good ( search valve), we'd support that company till the end of time. But, if companies screw us, we'd do stuff out of spite. ie. making iwnet to play mw2 and mw3 and pirating ubi games out of spite. ;)

ralphortiz.net
12-02-2012, 01:38 AM
The option to host your own ranked server and a simple server browser would make a lot of players very happy i think.

Nope just the create custom game that is already in FC3 with a server browser.

You're asking for a ranked server & be able to host it (HOST IT). Essentially you're not asking for matchmaking in P2P when the one that got in the game 1st & has better bandwidth primarily will host the game. Then you're asking for a dedicated server.

Looks like what you need to play is BO2, not Far Cry 3.:D Activision has their dedicated servers (ranked). You can't rent nor host a server cuz it's them that's going to run the servers. It's not P2P but in the end there's no real clan matchmaking. It's like P2P.

SkullAndBones.
12-02-2012, 01:58 AM
er... we should be grateful we got co-op AND MP sheesh.. for 25 I got a massive deal, when cod is 60... and utter trash the same every BLOODY year and is basically DLC, fc3 is amazing value.

IDefectedI
12-02-2012, 03:17 AM
I wonder if developers realized the facts

PC Gamers buy games with the following needs

Mod support

Dedicated servers

UI

map editors 'Full support'

You add those and your game will sell more then you could imagine - but still they hesitate and refuse those options even though it will bring in more money .

tropical_plague
12-02-2012, 03:35 AM
BF3. Period. PC Gaming is alive and well, and EA/Origin does not suck.

I thank god for BF3 in the face of these Ubi PC haters.

ralphortiz.net
12-02-2012, 03:54 AM
BF3. Period. PC Gaming is alive and well, and EA/Origin does not suck.

I thank god for BF3 in the face of these Ubi PC haters.

EA will soon follow the other game publishers. I could be wrong with BF4 coming next year but it's just how I feel about this whole thing. One thing that distinguished EA with other game publishers is the dedicated servers but it's hard to say that EA''s going to continue with dedicated servers cuz it's the most money hungry among the big game publishers out there. Another thing with EA is their continued support for browser based gaming. This could be cuz this way they can easily incorporate a social media hub on their games like what they're doing with Battlelog. I like what they did with the typical server lobby on MOH 2010 but the Battlelog sucks. We're seeing a trend here in gaming..P2P & social media hub.

thedeserter
12-02-2012, 04:22 AM
I have my doubts we are even going to have any response from them. They will all be on their way to vacationland spending their millions now with a few cleaners left in the studio to answer calls from angry customers.

earth0007
12-02-2012, 04:55 AM
I have my doubts we are even going to have any response from them. They will all be on their way to vacationland spending their millions now with a few cleaners left in the studio to answer calls from angry customers.

^^ This. They did the exact same thing in FC2. They sold a million copies, released a patch in the first week to fix the major SP bugs and then disappeared. That game got a grand total of 2 patches and it was also buggy as hell, just like FC3. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me. Fk you ubi. :mad:

chinthu86
12-02-2012, 10:05 PM
Bump this thread.

WarDice
12-02-2012, 10:46 PM
Making MP game without dedicated servers these days is quite idiotic. Everyone knows that dedicated servers are the best for of hosting games since you can control where and with who you play, you can choose servers with smallest ping, auto balance or just balance game by joining other team and many more things. Idk how stupid someone need to be to think that MP without dedicated servers will work, guess some "smart dev's" prefer to learn in hard way.

mrtmrc
12-03-2012, 12:08 AM
Making MP game without dedicated servers these days is quite idiotic. Everyone knows that dedicated servers are the best for of hosting games since you can control where and with who you play, you can choose servers with smallest ping, auto balance or just balance game by joining other team and many more things. Idk how stupid someone need to be to think that MP without dedicated servers will work, guess some "smart dev's" prefer to learn in hard way.

how beautiful is the truth, and it is so simple....
but when you want to try new ideas, we agree...ok ok....all right
but you should never erase the past: this is the biggest mistake!!!
and this is what you get: these ridiculous lobbies are empty, there are no players and the game was released four days ago!!!
also many players return to play fc2 mp:I think this has a clear meaning!!!

well but I never had a console and never buy it but how do console users to play the mp in this way??

ralphortiz.net
12-03-2012, 04:54 AM
All they have to do is release the server source code to the public & 3rd party groups will do the rest. MW2 for example, after EA issued a "cease and desist" order against IWNet other 3rd party groups decided to continue what IWNet left (Alterevolution, Fourdelta, etc.)

earth0007
12-03-2012, 06:53 AM
All they have to do is release the server source code to the public & 3rd party groups will do the rest. MW2 for example, after EA issued a "cease and desist" order against IWNet other 3rd party groups decided to continue what IWNet left (Alterevolution, Fourdelta, etc.)

IWNET did not get the source code from infinity ward. They went through the game files and found a way to manipulate it, as far as I know. FC2 community didn't have the source code either, but a couple of people in the community were able to manipulate the game files and add A.I, ammo pods, weapon drops and etc. I'm sure there are some smart individuals in the community, who could probably code dedicated servers and a browser from scratch. :)

tomer80
12-03-2012, 07:08 AM
give the game a week or so, the game hasn't even come out yet in america. give the devs a littel more time and they will fix it