PDA

View Full Version : Plot Oversight? (Assassins Creed 2 truth, and Assassins Creed 3)

FREEDOMPPPPP
12-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Hey everyone, there are no real spoilers here but if you havent beaten the game its safest if you leave.

Anyway, after beating AC3, i started doing a marathon, playing AC1, AC2 etc. Right now I am playing AC2 and I did my first few "The Truth" puzzles. In one of the truth puzzles, it shows that George Washington had an apple in 1781. But when you meet Washington in AC3 he has no apple...

Is this a mistake? Can someone explain this?

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Shaun Hastings explains this in AC III. He says that Washington could`v had an Apple later in history, not necessarily 1781 and that Connor may have had nothing to do with it...

ace3001
12-01-2012, 12:42 PM
Shaun Hastings explains this in AC III. He says that Washington could`v had an Apple later in history, not necessarily 1781 and that Connor may have had nothing to do with it...This.

Makes me wonder. Did most people not talk to the other Assassins in the modern day story?

FREEDOMPPPPP
12-01-2012, 12:46 PM
Shaun Hastings explains this in AC III. He says that Washington could`v had an Apple later in history, not necessarily 1781 and that Connor may have had nothing to do with it...

Oh, is that near the beginning of AC3? I guess I missed that conversation. Still, if he did not have one in 1781 its a mistake. I want the epic story of this franchise to be bulletproof, because the whole conspiracy aspect is awesome. But I guess with a story this deep it can be hard for even the game makers to keep track.

Thanks for the information

FREEDOMPPPPP
12-01-2012, 12:48 PM
This.

Makes me wonder. Did most people not talk to the other Assassins in the modern day story?

in AC3 i did not speak with anyone, which is where the problem comes from I guess. I spoke with everyone in the other games, but when I played AC3 i wanted to reach the ending as fast as possible.

lothario-da-be
12-01-2012, 01:44 PM
Connor sequel anyone? workacholics...

AdrianJacek
12-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Connor sequel anyone? workacholics...
More like this:
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/en-US/images/ac3_news_dlc_710x390tcm1966231.jpg
And don't bulls*it me saying "Oh, it's not canon so I don't care". I bet Ubi had good reasons for this - perhaps the actual events weren't all that interesting. Besides, it WILL connect to the 2012 in some way for sure. Possibly thanks to the guys from the Epilogue.

ace3001
12-01-2012, 01:56 PM
More like this:

And don't bulls*it me saying "Oh, it's not canon so I don't care". I bet Ubi had good reasons for this - perhaps the actual events weren't all that interesting. Besides, it WILL connect to the 2012 in some way for sure. Possibly thanks to the guys from the Epilogue.I too hope they'll connect the non-canon history to the narrative somehow. It'll be pretty boring if they don't have an "excuse" as to why we're seeing historically innacurate memories.

in AC3 i did not speak with anyone, which is where the problem comes from I guess. I spoke with everyone in the other games, but when I played AC3 i wanted to reach the ending as fast as possible.
Play again and talk to them.

montagemik
12-01-2012, 02:49 PM
I too hope they'll connect the non-canon history to the narrative somehow. It'll be pretty boring if they don't have an "excuse" as to why we're seeing historically innacurate memories.

Strictly speaking , We've not much guarantee that what IS actually written in History books IS accurate

ace3001
12-01-2012, 03:33 PM
Strictly speaking , We've not much guarantee that what IS actually written in History books IS accurate

Yeah, but the odds of George Washington actually being an evil king is pretty low, don't you think? :p

montagemik
12-01-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeah, but the odds of George Washington actually being an evil king is pretty low, don't you think? :p

OH , So you're actually taking that marketing promo image as an indication of game content are you ?

DLC is called the tyranny of king george - Doesn't say which GEORGE does it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ever thought it may be some story of GW being coheresed by the templars into some plot to overthrow King george entirely ??
It could also be nothing more than a possible future vision shown to GW by the apple he appears to be holding.

Or like i said - Just a marketing image.

ace3001
12-01-2012, 04:00 PM
OH , So you're actually taking that marketing promo image as an indication of game content are you ?

DLC is called the tyranny of king george - Doesn't say which GEORGE does it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,Ever thought it may be some story of GW being coheresed by the templars into some plot to overthrow King george entirely ??
It could also be nothing more than a possible future vision shown to GW by the apple he appears to be holding.

Or like i said - Just a marketing image.
Never looked at it that way, but they wouldn't put an irrelevant George on the promo image, would they?

lothario-da-be
12-01-2012, 05:59 PM
The title is actually "The Tyranny of King Washington" and, based on what I've seen of the multiplayer video unlocks, the story will be the hackers in the Epilogue testing to see if the Animus can generate artificial memories, which is what Abstergo needs in order to change the past.
well that makes sense actually