PDA

View Full Version : Five Stars!!! Story Matters - AC 3 has it in spades.

Av8TRX
12-01-2012, 07:13 AM
I loved all thru Revelations, that one just didn't do it for me. I posted to this forum after Rev's, "story matters," as I felt that was sorely lacking. While I was eagerly awaiting the release of 3, I didn't want to spoil it for myself by building a bunch of expectations. So...I didn't follow the development progress, I didn't read any of the storyline in advance, it was hard not to. While I will always miss Ezio, I really wanted to like the new guy...
At first with Datham, I thought that was our primary game protagonist. Then WHAM, a perfect AC "WTF," moment at the end of sequence three. Now we're Connor, and MAN, am I invested in this character. I'm an sequence 6, have not eaten or showered. I've got two controllers charging and one hot. At some point, the sun will come up and I might make coffee. Well done, Ubisoft. Extremely well done. Give those writers a hug for me, they really knocked it out of the park.

montagemik
12-01-2012, 07:23 AM
I loved all thru Revelations, that one just didn't do it for me. I posted to this forum after Rev's, "story matters," as I felt that was sorely lacking. While I was eagerly awaiting the release of 3, I didn't want to spoil it for myself by building a bunch of expectations. So...I didn't follow the development progress, I didn't read any of the storyline in advance, it was hard not to. While I will always miss Ezio, I really wanted to like the new guy...
At first with Datham, I thought that was our primary game protagonist. Then WHAM, a perfect AC "WTF," moment at the end of sequence three. Now we're Connor, and MAN, am I invested in this character. I'm an sequence 6, have not eaten or showered. I've got two controllers charging and one hot. At some point, the sun will come up and I might make coffee. Well done, Ubisoft. Extremely well done. Give those writers a hug for me, they really knocked it out of the park.

I Liked the story & connor too ...................But you're not gonna be popular with some around here . LOL

DarthEzio55
12-01-2012, 07:26 AM
At first with Haytham, I thought that was our primary game protagonist. Then WHAM, a perfect AC "WTF," moment at the end of sequence three. Now we're Connor, and MAN, am I invested in this character. I'm an sequence 6, have not eaten or showered. I've got two controllers charging and one hot. At some point, the sun will come up and I might make coffee. Well done, Ubisoft. Extremely well done. Give those writers a hug for me, they really knocked it out of the park..

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 07:26 AM
I quite liked Revelation's story. In fact, it was probably the best thing about the game (at least compared to other AC games) in my opinion.

But I'm glad you're liking AC3, and especially that you're liking Connor! Enjoy!

DarthEzio55
12-01-2012, 07:27 AM
At first with Datham, I thought that was our primary game protagonist. Then WHAM, a perfect AC "WTF," moment at the end of sequence three. Now we're Connor, and MAN, am I invested in this character. I'm an sequence 6, have not eaten or showered. I've got two controllers charging and one hot. At some point, the sun will come up and I might make coffee. Well done, Ubisoft. Extremely well done. Give those writers a hug for me, they really knocked it out of the park..

Um,it's Haytham

montagemik
12-01-2012, 07:30 AM

Um,it's Haytham

Took two posts for ya to spot that huh ? :rolleyes: :p

ace3001
12-01-2012, 07:43 AM
If you thought Haytham was the primary protagonist, then you aren't one of the big fans that were eagerly awaiting this game. :p

Anyway, Connor's story was good. I don't think anyone says otherwise. Just that they muddled up the modern day storyline which was turning out to be rather interesting by the time of Brotherhood. And Revelations did almost nothing to move it forward until the DLC.

SweetsMachineGun
12-01-2012, 07:57 AM
I for one LOVED Connor's storyline. It was so well-written and tragic.

It's Desmond and the modern crew's story that I think they seriously flubbed on.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 08:37 AM
They`re increasing :O

IT`S A MIRACLE !!

ProdiGurl
12-01-2012, 12:49 PM

Ya I did the same thing (not the lack of eating or showering lol) - stayed away from the production info/trailers & really wanted to like the new Assassin.
I think they did more with this story than in Revelations too, but Rev's had really enjoyable missions & the most focus w/ recruits which I loved.

So glad you're loving the game, so am I. The story really picked up by Seq. 8... I'm in Seq. 9 now & it just keeps getting better.

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:56 PM
At first with Datham, I thought that was our primary game protagonist.
Lucky you. I did know who was Connor's father from news. But I didn't expect that we'll be playing for him. And didn't even want to. This was a big disappointment for me, because I've wanted to play only for Connor.

Av8TRX
12-03-2012, 05:40 AM
Can't wait. Just made 8. Yes, I showered. '-)

Av8TRX
12-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Gaaah! LOL. Dyslexics Untie!

Av8TRX
12-03-2012, 05:42 AM
Nah, just a well crafted tale.

AdrianJacek
12-03-2012, 06:05 AM
Lucky you. I did know who was Connor's father from news. But I didn't expect that we'll be playing for him. And didn't even want to. This was a big disappointment for me, because I've wanted to play only for Connor.
You know, I don't really see anyone complaining that you have to play as Roxas for the story porposes in the beggining of Kingdom Hearts 2.