PDA

View Full Version : This game is still broken even after thanksgiving patch!!!

Yodiggs
12-01-2012, 01:48 AM
:mad: Ok so I decided to day to put this game down till its fixed. Or if next patch doesn't do it, its going back to the store or out the window. Game has so much potential and I could get past the boring missions if the gameplay worked, but it doesn't.

-Instantly re-spawning enemies in fort missions. Example; there is a guard outside the fort standing by a tree. I kill him from above. Walk a few feet toward the fort and suddenly im spotted by a different guard in the same spot. Kill him and it happens again. Or the guards guarding the entrances, kill them and suddenly there are more in their place instantly. So how the hell do I get into the fort undetected? Also happens inside fort. Not to mention that every fort mission turns into having to kill the entire camp before being able to accomplish tasks to clear the fort. Stealth is almost impossible in this game, guards that are not even on my radar constantly see me from a far.

-Connor and horse get stuck on almost everything making running from a fight or free running a frustrating experience.

-ADB is annoying as it pops up way too much and is like reading a history book. Just make it a seperate option and if you HAVE to notify me everytime I see something, just a quick ! New ADB entry ... thats it.

- Camera is atrocious during combat and skinning animals.

-Lack of tutorials for Liberation missions and what the hell to do with my accounting book and why i need to do anything with it.

-Cutscenes during storms are constantly flashing even when inside, gets annoying.

-Map will tell me a new event/missions is available but when I go there there is nothing.

-Lack of fast travel options, especially in the frontier.

-Assassin recruits unavailable at times, like during the fort missions. Can't call on them at all.

-Fought a guard and after short cutscene where i killed him his body turned into rubber and stretched and spasmed around the screen for a few seconds before finally falling on some barrels.

-Almost every mission so far that has had something cool to do like start the raid in sequence 6, didn't work and wouldn't let me. So every mission turns into a free for all brawl and I feel almost no control over anything that happens.

These are just a few post thanksgiving patch things I have noticed. This game is the most broken game I have played since Skyrim and they are still patching that up. Not even sure if this game can fix all its problems, its clear they rushed it for the holiday season and I am surprised UBI let this mess slip through. Very disappointed. This is happening way too much with this generation because Studios see the ability for post release patches and so they rush a product to the door and figure everyone can just wait till the game is truly ready.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 01:50 AM
Return it now...

ace3001
12-01-2012, 02:29 AM
These things make the game broken? AC3 has a fat lot of bugs (must be the buggiest thing Ubisoft Montreal has thrown out so far) but none of the things you list are game breaking. You don't seem to know what a broken game means.
By the way, is this your first Assassin's Creed game?

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 02:31 AM
These things make the game broken? AC3 has a fat lot of bugs (must be the buggiest thing Ubisoft Montreal has thrown out so far) but none of the things you list are game breaking. You don't seem to know what a broken game means.
By the way, is this your first Assassin's Creed game?
Sounds like his first game in general..

ace3001
12-01-2012, 02:38 AM
Sounds like his first game in general..
Possible. Cause he seems to think that stuff like

-ADB is annoying as it pops up way too much and is like reading a history book. Just make it a seperate option and if you HAVE to notify me everytime I see something, just a quick ! New ADB entry ... thats it.

-Assassin recruits unavailable at times, like during the fort missions. Can't call on them at all. break the game or are bugs.

montagemik
12-01-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm more baffled why he needs Assassin recruits to liberate Any Forts ...........Teenage Connor managed it just fine with a stone dagger & basic tomahawk for me. :nonchalance:

Has he tried Finding the Fast travel points in frontier & liberated any Forts there ?

(MOM this games tooo hard - get me another)

ace3001
12-01-2012, 03:48 AM
Actually, why would you need Assassin recruits for anything? I always felt like it was a wasted feature. They should've created some situations where using Assassin recruits was actually necessary, or at least difficult to do without.

Yodiggs
12-01-2012, 04:11 AM
I have played all AC games, these things dont make the game unplayable just not very much fun to play at all and yes that means it is broken. You can break an arm and still have limited use but it wouldn't be very much fun at all. And no my mom doesn't buy my games, im 28 thanks. Why should you use recruits? Maybe YOU don't want to, but if its a feature in this game it should be able to be used whenever the player would like. Just like any game. You guys all seem to think its ok this late in the console's cycle to release this kind of stuff and if you don't care about basically paying to be testers (skyrim, dead island anyone) than to each his own, i placed this more for ubisoft to know what is wrong and hopefully fix it. But they need to know its not ok as well.

Yodiggs
12-01-2012, 04:14 AM
I'm more baffled why he needs Assassin recruits to liberate Any Forts ...........Teenage Connor managed it just fine with a stone dagger & basic tomahawk for me. :nonchalance:

Has he tried Finding the Fast travel points in frontier & liberated any Forts there ?

(MOM this games tooo hard - get me another)

Uh yeah, that is why i posted that the fort missions in the frontier are broken for me, I can't kill an enemy without them instantly reappearing. Basically meaning I have to run into the fort, fight everyone and then do the three tasks to control the fort. No going in stealth or setting traps because it won't work. And that's not cool. But maybe you don't have those problems.

ace3001
12-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Uh yeah, that is why i posted that the fort missions in the frontier are broken for me, I can't kill an enemy without them instantly reappearing. Basically meaning I have to run into the fort, fight everyone and then do the three tasks to control the fort. No going in stealth or setting traps because it won't work. And that's not cool. But maybe you don't have those problems.The thing is, you don't have to kill everyone to control the fort. I never even tried to kill everyone. Blow up the powder reserves, kill the captain, and lower the flag. How hard is it? You'll have to kill maybe 10 soldiers tops. You don't even need stealth. You can just walk in through the front door of many forts and get the job done.

I have played all AC games, these things dont make the game unplayable just not very much fun to play at all and yes that means it is broken. You can break an arm and still have limited use but it wouldn't be very much fun at all. And no my mom doesn't buy my games, im 28 thanks. Why should you use recruits? Maybe YOU don't want to, but if its a feature in this game it should be able to be used whenever the player would like. Just like any game. You guys all seem to think its ok this late in the console's cycle to release this kind of stuff and if you don't care about basically paying to be testers (skyrim, dead island anyone) than to each his own, i placed this more for ubisoft to know what is wrong and hopefully fix it. But they need to know its not ok as well.
"Broken" means a feature doesn't work. Not a feature is not very much fun to play. Fun is subjective. Broken is objective.

I'm the first to admit that AC3 is buggy as hell. However, most of what you listed aren't bugs. Recruits being unavailable at certain points in the game is not a bug, it's intentional. It maybe a sucky decision according to some, but that doesn't make it a bug.
And yes, the frontier has fast travel points. You just need to find them. (Outside forts, that is.)

rileypoole1234
12-01-2012, 04:29 AM
I'd say the window is the best bet.

montagemik
12-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Uh yeah, that is why i posted that the fort missions in the frontier are broken for me, I can't kill an enemy without them instantly reappearing. Basically meaning I have to run into the fort, fight everyone and then do the three tasks to control the fort. No going in stealth or setting traps because it won't work. And that's not cool. But maybe you don't have those problems.

UHHH NO , i cleared a few forts by only killing the Captain & then detonating the gunpowder - Standing & fighting everyone is your choice . Even that isn't difficult.IN the frontier
But fine , you have soldiers who respawn in every fort ok . The first time i've heard that in the countless posts & threads.

7 fast travel points in Frontier - would you like one every 500 yards ?

Game's soooo bad - but you kept it sooooooo long . :cool: