PDA

View Full Version : How do YOU choose a clan?

Slowplaid
11-30-2012, 06:54 PM
So I've never really been into the whole clan thing but have started to consider it so I was wondering what YOU look for or why you join a particular clan... keep in mind real world friends are not an option here (sad right :() i have 'em lol but they either have a different consoles don't have ac3 or aren't interested in multiplayer

GrimMerros
11-30-2012, 07:43 PM
A clan expresses interest in you and asks you to join. That's how you pick one. Or you can look at the clan list thread, read some descriptions of what certain clans do and then ask to join. That works too.

UnsparingWord
11-30-2012, 07:55 PM
You chose a clan based on who is in it basically. You want to be with people you like and get along with. You will spend the vast majority of your playing time with these people.

How do you find the right clan? If you are really good and happen to get into a game with a clan, they will probably try and scoop you up.

Crumplecorn
11-30-2012, 08:05 PM
Ask them what kind of scheduled games they have. If a clan doesn't try to organise games to bring together members who like the same modes, then it doesn't do anything your friends list doesn't do.

Failing that just get into the most respected one you can, so you can look cool on the Internet. :cool:

najzere
11-30-2012, 08:28 PM
I just went on the Assassin Network and made my own so I could have a clan tag. Best clan I've ever been in.

Slowplaid
11-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Ask them what kind of scheduled games they have. If a clan doesn't try to organise games to bring together members who like the same modes, then it doesn't do anything your friends list doesn't do.

i appreciate all the advice but this is more along the lines of what i'm looking for in responses... and anymore kind of pro vs cons stuff i might not realize along the lines of something like bigger clans more people to play vs smaller clans more personal play (or maybe that's not necessarily the case) or did you find the best technique was just "clan hopping" until you got lucky enough to find one you like

guitargod33
11-30-2012, 08:51 PM
You chose a clan based on who is in it basically. You want to be with people you like and get along with. You will spend the vast majority of your playing time with these people.

How do you find the right clan? If you are really good and happen to get into a game with a clan, they will probably try and scoop you up.

pretty much this. My wife is much more social on XBL than I am, so she made a bunch of friends in one clan. When she joined, by default I got in a few games with that clan and as a result was asked to join. It might not always work out so cleanly for some folks, as you might not get in many games with other clans, or they just might not be paying attention. It doesn't hurt to ask, and it especially doesn't hurt to talk to multiple clans. But how well you get along with other members is by far the most important thing. Skills can be honed, but you can't force getting along with someone.

ACB_Old_School
11-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Finding the right clan can be difficult but once you do it can be very rewarding.

So look on the forums & see their descriptions & find one you might like to be apart of.

I for one couldn't be any happier as a Leader of The Abstergo Elite :D

Slowplaid
11-30-2012, 09:07 PM
so the majority of the time you just wait to be asked? i figured it was more of a seek out and apply kind of thing... i mean obviously you want to play with people you get along with but how do you know that until you're in... there is always that chance you won't so i figured people might look for specific things in a clan as apposed to a join who ever asks me first kind of deal and hope it works out

Slowplaid
11-30-2012, 09:10 PM
Finding the right clan can be difficult but once you do it can be very rewarding.

So look on the forums & see their descriptions & find one you might like to be apart of.

I for one couldn't be any happier as a Leader of The Abstergo Elite :D

i actually came across you guys from another post so started this to see what i should look for in you guys before i decided if i wanted to apply lol i'm big on loyalty so i don't like to jump around a lot even though it's just a game lol

ACB_Old_School
11-30-2012, 09:22 PM
i actually came across you guys from another post so started this to see what i should look for in you guys before i decided if i wanted to apply lol i'm big on loyalty so i don't like to jump around a lot even though it's just a game lol

Well as I can only speak for myself but I can tell you we are big on loyalty & defending & helping out fellow clan members. We are very relaxed clan that doesn't ask too much from its members, only a willingness to learn & have a good time doing so.

In honesty all clans have pros & cons. You just need to determine what is right for you

SpontaneousC0W
11-30-2012, 09:34 PM
I wrote this for another Clan thread so, here you go! :)
A Clan is a group of people who play a lot together, practice, and have lots of fun! You can also join tournaments and do clan vs clan games!

Example: C0W (My clan) we do all of the following up there if we were to ask WHU (Another clan) to do a "Scrim" That would mean for us to do a Clan vs Clan game and see who wins!

How to join: Simply ask and show you are good enough to join (Make sure you are a good sport!)

Hope I answered all of your questions!

P.s. You can also look on the forums here for clans and see if they will be willing to let you in!