PDA

View Full Version : Far Cry 3 Uplay problem

alexbowwow
11-30-2012, 04:21 PM
When I enter uplay and I hit the play button, it says game running, but nothing happens. Even if uplay is online or offline, even if I am online or offline nothing happens. The game is original, the editor works, my system is e8200, 2gb ram, 9600gt by nvidia, win xp sp3. In uplay I have turned on cloud saving and overlay.

Angeret
11-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Heh, funny... I was about to start a new post when I saw yours. I have pretty much the same problem although mine starts when the Autopatcher crashes on running. Then running the EXE from a link only gives me an after game report (seems pointless at the moment). I'd love to be able to say what a great game this is but it looks like I'm better off going back into Borderlands 2 until the powers that think they be can sort out this mess. Glad I'm not the only XP User left in the world :)

UBISOFT:
I'm not too fussed if this is screwed for a few days, considering the size & complexity but, to use the aforementioned Borderlands 2 as an example - that worked out of the box. What the hell do you do for quality testing? Do you actually DO any testing? I don't particularly care about this game being locked to my account as you get until the end of next week, then the game goes back as Not Fit For Purpose and I get a refund and forget I have an account.

Oh - and what on earth are you doing with this Uplay abomination? Granted someone there thought it was an *awesome* idea, but a lot of gamers, myself included, just want to play the game we've paid for. Even Steam gets in the way at times but this is pretty much tabloid photographer intrusive; I and probably many others would prefer Uplay to appear when called, not as a result of running the game, then selecting the game from a page and then running the game from that page.

Gary

Shaunwallis21
11-30-2012, 05:19 PM
I Have the same problem And Ubisoft should fix this problem now or we gonna havto do something about it

I was playing like the first mission when my game just closed when I tried to run the game again It said on the Uplay thing game is running but it doesnt open!!!

Please fix this

My specs are

Graphics card: Nvidia GTX 560ti 2gb
CPU: Quad-core 3.2 processor

alexbowwow
11-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Still no answer? I haven't been able to play, I'm only messing around in the editor. Can a dev answer please!

JolietJake64
11-30-2012, 06:00 PM
I can't play the game from uplay either here in the UK. The game starts and stays on the loading screen then I get a pop up saying not responding. Pretty poor show.

JolietJake64
11-30-2012, 06:01 PM
Also, your uplay servers suck. I keep disconnecting from them every few minutes.

MSV-Vextor
11-30-2012, 06:21 PM
Without knowing your computer's specifications, I must ask that you contact our technical support department regarding this: http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

Shaunwallis21
11-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Without knowing your computer's specifications, I must ask that you contact our technical support department regarding this: http://support.ubi.com/en-GB/

Are You ******ed read the fist posts!!!!

you are useless read my post!!!

Lazy much

alexbowwow
12-01-2012, 07:11 AM
I was able to play for 5 hours and now I can't play again. Please fix the servers or do something so that we don't have to start the game with uplay!

alexbowwow
12-01-2012, 12:17 PM
I posted my question to the support department and still no answer. Since yesterday i played only 5 hours. Please Ubisoft make a patch so that we can play when we want, so we don't have to depend on uplay. The game is really good, it's optimised, but I wish I could play more of it...

alexbowwow
12-01-2012, 08:44 PM
When you enter uplay and you hit play and it says game running, but nothing happens, let uplay run in the background as it is with this message and go to your install folder, enter bin folder and enter far cry 3 from there. The game will start and everything will work just fine. Hope it helps. The game is really great. Congrats Ubi, I hope it gets the GOTY award.

DapperHayden007
12-02-2012, 12:59 AM
Are You ******ed read the fist posts!!!!

you are useless read my post!!!

Lazy much

He was not addressing that post to you, clearly he was saying that to the OP.

gkings1
03-24-2013, 03:58 AM
I am having the same problem. I tried to trick FC3 to start by starting the game in uplayer and then browsing to the exe and starting it there, but I just received an error saying that Windows has detected a critical error was shutting down the program. I've updated my graphics card to the latest drivers and still no dice.

Win 7 Pro x64 with SP1; AMD Athlon II x2 265, 4 GB of ram, AMD HD 6800 series

gkings1
04-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Anyone ever resolve this issue? I've uninstalled uplay and FarCry3, downloaded both again, and still stuck at the same spot. I've updated all my drivers and ran windows update. I've never has this many issues with a game.