PDA

View Full Version : Assassin"s Creed 3 a big disappointment

chris54_104
11-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Why did ubisoft have to stuff around with the controls for this game? I find it very difficult to adapt changes and impossible to fire the hand gun as nothing happens when i press on any of the A,B,X or Y buttons.:mad:

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 09:50 AM
And Here I was....Celebrating that MAYBE today I wont find someone calling AC III disappointing because of the new controls -__-

montagemik
11-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Why did ubisoft have to stuff around with the controls for this game? I find it very difficult to adapt changes and impossible to fire the hand gun as nothing happens when i press on any of the A,B,X or Y buttons.:mad:

Have you tried plugging the controller in ? & is the pistol loaded ? :nonchalance:

trex2strike
11-30-2012, 10:40 AM

Yeah, this is really a big issue. As most of us have played the previous 4 titles in AC series with almost identical controls...but all of sudden UBI drops in a bomb tweaks the controls and ask us adapt to whole "new" settings..which is disgusting.

The main reason I play AC game series is for the storyline not for any fancy cosmetic improvements to the controls or the GUI. Please restore the "old" controls through some sort of a patch or something or atleast in the next game following Assassin's Creed III.

ace3001
11-30-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm not the biggest fan of Ubi's new controls, especially as far as navigation is concerned. The new controls work well for combat, but kinda suck for navigation. However, you're seriously overreacting. Slightly wonky controls does not equal the game being a big disappointment.

D.I.D.
11-30-2012, 11:35 AM
I prefer these controls. In the past, I'd have picked kb/mouse over the gamepad every time, but in AC3 I really liked the gamepad and I haven't been tempted to use the standard PC system at all.

I'm not sure what people are doing that results in them doing wildly wrong things with the controller - maybe hitting or holding down "A" without realising they're doing it? If anything, it seems that the new controls stop me from accidentally diving off a rooftop.

Shooting guns is really easy: equip and press "Y", couldn't be simpler than that really!

psf22
11-30-2012, 11:36 AM
The biggest disappointment are the haters

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:40 AM
The entire fan base really..

D.I.D.
11-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, this is really a big issue. As most of us have played the previous 4 titles in AC series with almost identical controls...but all of sudden UBI drops in a bomb tweaks the controls and ask us adapt to whole "new" settings..which is disgusting.

The main reason I play AC game series is for the storyline not for any fancy cosmetic improvements to the controls or the GUI. Please restore the "old" controls through some sort of a patch or something or atleast in the next game following Assassin's Creed III.

Um, "disgusting"? That's a bit over the top :)

They've eliminated a lot of unnecessary button-pressing. I don't know what it's like if you get a control system really ingrained in your head - I just relearn every time I replay a game - but surely it doesn't mess you up whenever you play Driver and then Burnout, for example? Unless you only play AC games, I don't see the problem.

psf22
11-30-2012, 11:45 AM

Except for the FANBOYS am I right?!

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
Except for the FANBOYS am I right?!
THE ENTIRE Fan-base..

Everyone...

pacmanate
11-30-2012, 11:48 AM
Get Far Cry 3, you won't be disappointed!

psf22
11-30-2012, 11:49 AM
Um, "disgusting"? That's a bit over the top :)

They've eliminated a lot of unnecessary button-pressing. I don't know what it's like if you get a control system really ingrained in your head - I just relearn every time I replay a game - but surely it doesn't mess you up whenever you play Driver and then Burnout, for example? Unless you only play AC games, I don't see the problem.

Basically highlighted.
The controls are made easier and more intuitive overall yet somehow it's uncontrollable or at least selectively (?), whereas in past games you had to press more to achieve basically the same. Go back to the old games and see if it's really that good. You'll probably be thinking "Oh wow, how dated is this gameplay" As GREAT as those games still are.

Just my opinion.

LightRey
11-30-2012, 12:19 PM
Oh no, the new controls are so confusing! Change scares me! *cries in a corner*

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 12:24 PM
Oh no, the new controls are so confusing! Change scares me! *cries in a corner*
How`s the corner ? Heard it was crowded..

LightRey
11-30-2012, 12:27 PM
How`s the corner ? Heard it was crowded..
Lots of people here. In fact, it's so crowded I can't find the way out anymore D:

OriginalMiles
11-30-2012, 01:04 PM
They were different?
They seemed exacly the same as the Revelations controls.

TinyTemplar
11-30-2012, 01:11 PM
I don't complain about controls, I just understand that I'm keyboard user, lol

Dangerzone50
11-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Heh, look at ratchet and clank... They just released their 11th game across 10 years and 3 consoles. But they have never changed the controls ONCE

pacmanate
11-30-2012, 01:17 PM
Lots of people here. In fact, it's so crowded I can't find the way out anymore D:

But why would YOU want to get out ;) ;)

psf22
11-30-2012, 01:18 PM
But why would YOU want to get out ;) ;)

It's a bug. Stuck in blend mode

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 01:22 PM
Heh, look at ratchet and clank... They just released their 11th game across 10 years and 3 consoles. But they have never changed the controls ONCE
Corner`s to the left....right over there

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 01:33 PM
tbh I had no problem whatsoever with the altered controls. If anything I found navigation TOO easy now.

zerocooll21
11-30-2012, 01:58 PM

HA!

CRANK 132
11-30-2012, 01:59 PM
This thread made me laugh a lot!

Are you really incapable of adjusting to a few MINOR tweaks to the controls that arguably work for the better? So much so that you had to put down the controller, turn on your pc/laptop and make a whole thread about it.

Disgusting - I think this was my favourite part.

Please do keep raging; you have made me laugh a lot already. I look forward to the next instalment.

ace3001
11-30-2012, 02:30 PM
They were different?
They seemed exacly the same as the Revelations controls.
Did you even play AC3?

LightRey
11-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Did you even play AC3?
Tbh he's not far off. The only real difference is the fact that you don't have to press A anymore to sprint or climb and that B is used for blocking.

ace3001
11-30-2012, 02:50 PM
Tbh he's not far off. The only real difference is the fact that you don't have to press A anymore to sprint or climb and that B is used for blocking.The block and counter functions being on the same button alone made a huge difference to the old control scheme. Entirely changed the way combat worked in AC. No way to call that "exactly the same as Revelations controls", even if that was the only difference, though it's not.

LightRey
11-30-2012, 02:59 PM
The block and counter functions being on the same button alone made a huge difference to the old control scheme. Entirely changed the way combat worked in AC. No way to call that "exactly the same as Revelations controls", even if that was the only difference, though it's not.
I disagree. You still have to press 'X' to counter. The difference is not in the button layout but in the fact that you can't hold block and counter. You have to press 'B' at the right time.

ace3001
11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
I disagree. You still have to press 'X' to counter. The difference is not in the button layout but in the fact that you can't hold block and counter. You have to press 'B' at the right time.

With previous games, you could hold High Profile down and tap Armed Hand randomly to counter, because even if the timing goes wrong, you won't be hurt by most of the enemies (not all, of course) because of the counter. With AC3, it's not possible. First of all, the block button is different. Then, the same button is used for countering. But that alone is also not enough, and you need to follow that up with an attack, or that counter is wasted. Last, the Counter -> Attack method doesn't even work for all enemies, and you need to use Counter -> Disarm -> Attack for them. It's a very big change. A good change for the combat, but a big change nevertheless.
Give AC3 mid-game to someone who played Revelations last without an explanation, and that person would be utterly confused on how to fight.

xboxauditore
11-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Seriously? One change and the forums want everything back to the way it was? It's been 4 games with the same stuff but with different places and outfits.

THIS CHANGE IS GOOD.

Aphex_Tim
11-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Apparently it's very hard for a lot of people to simply hold one button instead of two.

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
The game was not a disappointment but I admit it had a couple disappointing aspects, the controls being one of them. The combat is great but I hope they go back to the old navigation controls for the next game. (they won't though). Other than that and the no music thing the game is exactly what I wanted.

Slowplaid
11-30-2012, 05:37 PM
i love the new controlls... I've had every AC and while at first was a pain to get used to but once you do it makes for much smoother game play... and let's face it the AC series has never been hard to beat but i think the real challenge comes in doing it with style

El_Noruego
11-30-2012, 06:44 PM

Are you two twelve years old? When a person drops a pile of money on a product, regardless what the product is, they are entitled to express their opinion about that product, whether you agree with it or not. Let's tap the brakes on the goosestepping fanboyism for a moment.

El_Noruego
11-30-2012, 06:51 PM
Apparently it's very hard for a lot of people to simply hold one button instead of two.

You're missing the point. One button freerunning is considered an oversimplification by some of the people who are criticizing it. It's autopilot mode. They want more input into what the character does and when. If combat was simply a matter of targeting someone, pressing a button, and watching the entire encounter unfold according to some vague statistical rules, would it be exciting? Of course not. It would mean my dog could play AC3. People love the gameplay, but they want a challenge too. Watching Conner do all the work while I hold down a round button is very uninspired. And frustrating, when he jumps on or attempts to scale things I never intended him to.

psf22
11-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Are you two twelve years old? When a person drops a pile of money on a product, regardless what the product is, they are entitled to express their opinion about that product, whether you agree with it or not. Let's tap the brakes on the goosestepping fanboyism for a moment.

I dropped a pile of money so I can express my opinion too. Not to mention the fact that a thread for something like this is utterly useless.

psf22
11-30-2012, 06:57 PM
If you want to play a game with supposed challenging inputs, AC series is the wrong franchise.

montagemik
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
The game was not a disappointment but I admit it had a couple disappointing aspects, the controls being one of them. The combat is great but I hope they go back to the old navigation controls for the next game. (they won't though). Other than that and the no music thing the game is exactly what I wanted.

& Exactly how easy do you think 'running through the treetops' would be with the old system ??
The system wasn't changed on a whim just for the sake of changing something. ( ooops Missed that branch again)

WarriorAegis
11-30-2012, 07:10 PM
Yeah, especially the whiny fanbase.

ProdiGurl
11-30-2012, 07:15 PM
You're missing the point. One button freerunning is considered an oversimplification by some of the people who are criticizing it. It's autopilot mode. They want more input into what the character does and when. If combat was simply a matter of targeting someone, pressing a button, and watching the entire encounter unfold according to some vague statistical rules, would it be exciting? Of course not. It would mean my dog could play AC3. People love the gameplay, but they want a challenge too. Watching Conner do all the work while I hold down a round button is very uninspired. And frustrating, when he jumps on or attempts to scale things I never intended him to.

Apparently some people enjoy having to micro manage every single step, movement and angle - I don't. It made the game alot more tedious and frustrating than it needed it to be imo.
This is a case where the word challenge gets confused with annoyance or frustration - esp. if you're in a chase on buildings & walls. I about tore my hair out in ACB with that.
And yes it did cause a minor issue of Connor jumping onto things we didn't want him jumping onto - but then that happened continually when WE had the control of him & he'd jump the wrong way or fall, etc. etc.
All they need to do is tweak that & it shouldn't be an issue next time.

psf22
11-30-2012, 07:16 PM
Apparently some people enjoy having to micro manage every single step, movement and angle - I don't. It made the game alot more tedious and frustrating than it needed it to be imo.
This is a case where the word challenge gets confused with annoyance or frustration - esp. if you're in a chase on buildings & walls. I about tore my hair out in ACB with that.
And yes it did cause a minor issue of Connor jumping onto things we didn't want him jumping onto - but then that happened continually when WE had the control of him & he'd jump the wrong way or fall, etc. etc.

It's a simple matter of letting go of R1, and everything should be fine.
You can basically tap R1 if you're not familiar with the surrounding etc, try that and it should not give you any more trouble.

ProdiGurl
11-30-2012, 07:17 PM
& Exactly how easy do you think 'running through the treetops' would be with the old system ??
The system wasn't changed on a whim just for the sake of changing something. ( ooops Missed that branch again)

=-0 shudder lol

El_Noruego
11-30-2012, 07:29 PM

I'm not saying I disagree with you. The new system frustrates me sometimes, but I wouldn't consider not playing the game because of it. It's just not that big of a deal to me. I'm having too much fun to care.

ProdiGurl
11-30-2012, 07:33 PM
I agree Norsk - I miss the music in free roam pretty badly but it's just not enough to break the game experience for me.
Even if they changed the movement controls back, I'd just deal with it & enjoy the game that way again :D

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 09:48 PM
Ooooh i`m sorry If my input on this thread saddens you and breaks your heart...Do you want me to kiss OP`s *** too ??

montagemik
11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
Wonder how many of these deeply dissapointed players took the game back for trade in within the first couple of deeply dissapointing days & how many still play it.

zerocooll21
11-30-2012, 11:19 PM
I still play though being disappointed with the ending/execution of story telling. I'm dumb founded why they don't let you replay the desmond missions after finishing the the SP story. However, its still fun checking out the side stuff that I blew off first time around. I love the wilderness / hunting, animus hacks, and good ole fashion ars kicking.

chris54_104
12-01-2012, 11:07 AM
Yes and yes but it was not easy to learn how to fire the gun.Never had a problem with ac1,2 brotherhood or revelations. However aside from this initial problem with the gun I also do not like all the other changes with the game and am seriously thinking about uninstalling it and if it was possible I would ask for my money back. I will persist for a bit longer as I have been told the game gets better after the Haytham memories are finished

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 11:10 AM
Yes and yes but it was not easy to learn how to fire the gun.Never had a problem with ac1,2 brotherhood or revelations. However aside from this initial problem with the gun I also do not like all the other changes with the game and am seriously thinking about uninstalling it and if it was possible I would ask for my money back. I will persist for a bit longer as I have been told the game gets better after the Haytham memories are finished
No the game gets worse. It sucks..Uninstall it quickly..

chris54_104
12-01-2012, 11:18 AM
I would get my money back if I could but as I purchased the PC download version it is not possible.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 11:19 AM
I would get my money back if I could but as I purchased the PC download version it is not possible.
This should be an experience for you..

Assassins Creed SUCKS never buy it again..Uninstall AC III and Install Black Ops 2.....it`s way better than ACrap.

The game is a huge disappointment for me too...It has no males deer only female deer..and that`s stupid

Throw the game away

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 11:48 AM
hey, there are male deer

http://www.unfinishedman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/connor-stabbing-deer.jpg

ace3001
12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
hey, there are male deer

http://www.unfinishedman.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/connor-stabbing-deer.jpg
Isn't that an Elk? And I see no ****...

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 11:55 AM
hey, there are male deer

That`s the E3 Demo...

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT !!

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 11:56 AM

Elk is a spiece of deer -_-
And can't you see? he's covering it with his hooves)

Male deer is one with big horns, didn't you know?)

That`s the E3 Demo...

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT !!

I saw and killed a couple myself! I'm just not going to search for them now! They do exist. You're liar

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 12:02 PM
You're liar
and you`re a Fanboy

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:03 PM
no, i just tell the truth and fight against people like you

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM
Something tells me we`re not joking anymore >_>

We`re still joking right ??

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:06 PM
hah, I won)))

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 12:07 PM
hah, i won)))
damm it >_<

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Don't cry, little assassin, templars always win)

psf22
12-01-2012, 12:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ft2knqarAU

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Don't cry, little assassin, templars always win)
I`m still awesome damm it and damm you

rego00123
12-01-2012, 12:13 PM

you wouldnt see it even if you could. your cannot see it from the outside unless it is "out"

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:22 PM
you wouldnt see it even if you could. your cannot see it from the outside unless it is "out"
Obviously, there is a specialist among us))

ace3001
12-01-2012, 12:27 PM
Elk is a spiece of deer -_-
And can't you see? he's covering it with his hooves)

Male deer is one with big horns, didn't you know?)

I saw and killed a couple myself! I'm just not going to search for them now! They do exist. You're liar
But deer are not elk. The animus told me deer and elk are two things and that elk attack me and I have to perform a QTE to escape!

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:37 PM
The animus told me

And that's our future...

Yes, you do need to perform QTE to fight him, I killed a couple, they are angry enough. Just travel the Frontier or homestead and you'll find them.

ace3001
12-01-2012, 12:43 PM
And that's our future...

I read that in Erudito's voice. :D

TinyTemplar
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Go and kill your first deer, the Chosen One xD

OriginalMiles
12-02-2012, 02:13 PM
Did you even play AC3?
Yes.