PDA

View Full Version : Ac3 best game. Ever. Btw I play No-HUD No Map.

StarzSuicide
11-30-2012, 09:02 AM
I have played an beat each AC game 100% with no HUD. But I must say AC3 has blown my mind. The missions are so much fun, learning landmarks and sneaking past tons of guards or using the bow to play peek a boo an pick em off one by one. I must say after logging 70+ hrs. I still am not bored. Keep it up Ubi.

And yes I play No HUD on each game first play through. Til I get 100% sync

EDIT I beat Ac3 in 23 hrs 100%.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 09:17 AM
Oh this makes me so happy..

StarzSuicide
11-30-2012, 09:38 AM
I do what I can :)

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 09:41 AM
I do what I can :)
You have my thanks, friend:D

People who enjoyed the game need to be more vocal about it...
Too many people complaining, it`s a nice change of air to have your thread

pacmanate
11-30-2012, 11:46 AM
I have clocked in 80+ hours of AC3 and I am not bored. However I have Far Cry 3, and tbh, it kicks AC3's assbuttbum.

egriffin09
11-30-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree. I've logged 50+ hrs between two playthrough. I'm on my second playthrough right now with 17 hrs in and I'm going to try to do all the side missions and collectibles this time around. It's by far the biggest AC game content wise.

apresmode
11-30-2012, 03:58 PM
The quicktime events must suck without the HUD on, or did they fix that. I've gotten familiar enough with the new controls that I want to start playing with no HUD.

UncappedWheel82
11-30-2012, 04:11 PM
I have played an beat each AC game 100% with no HUD. But I must say AC3 has blown my mind. The missions are so much fun, learning landmarks and sneaking past tons of guards or using the bow to play peek a boo an pick em off one by one. I must say after logging 70+ hrs. I still am not bored. Keep it up Ubi.

First time through and 23 hrs? And no HUD?? You must be some sort of gaming god.

I must say though, I'm playing AC3 with no HUD on my second play through, and I'm loving it. I do wish that EV was more useful though. Not having to check the map at all to know what is around you would be cool.

AntiChrist7
11-30-2012, 04:21 PM

People that enjoy the game are too busy playing to open threads :p

El_Noruego
11-30-2012, 04:48 PM

People usually come to a forum specifically to complain about something. People who love the game are busy playing the game. So message boards and the internet in general can be a terrible way to forecast popularity and satisfaction.

Playing with no hud is too much of a pain in the *** if I'm trying to complete quests or objectives. For exploration/murder it can't be beat.

Edit: beaten by the antichrist.

StarzSuicide
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
First time through and 23 hrs? And no HUD?? You must be some sort of gaming god.

I must say though, I'm playing AC3 with no HUD on my second play through, and I'm loving it. I do wish that EV was more useful though. Not having to check the map at all to know what is around you would be cool.

Well not ro mention I am used to the game with no HUD, I also played 1-AcR before AC3 release no HUD again as practice. And collectibles rhis time around we're easy compared to ACR an AC2, and when you play with no HUD you pay Alot more attention to surroundings

StarzSuicide
11-30-2012, 06:07 PM
It's Not fixed, with animals I never had to worry, I'm just too stealthy an the other ones that I HAD to do came down to luck.... And hitting every button at once

UncappedWheel82
11-30-2012, 06:37 PM
Well not ro mention I am used to the game with no HUD, I also played 1-AcR before AC3 release no HUD again as practice. And collectibles rhis time around we're easy compared to ACR an AC2, and when you play with no HUD you pay Alot more attention to surroundings

I get that. My first time through AC3 with the HUD on I missed so much story/setting stuff, and I found that overall I really wasn't paying that much attention to world (the game), as I was just watching the minimap and following icons; they really do do a disservice to the experience. Also, not having the icon's over the enemies heads kind of frees you in a way. No long was I scared to go over the roof tops because people could see me. With my new found freedom I really felt like a better assassin.

I am happy to hear the ACR is harder though, as that is my next HUD-less conquest!

Edit: Hey, how do you get you bearing in general in the various areas. I figured out that in Boston the Docks/ships are always (in general) to the west, but I find myself lost in the frontier and certain parts of the homestead are lost to me as well.

How do you do it?

montagemik
11-30-2012, 06:38 PM

Try playing it in stereoscopic 3D too if possible , it really adds something , especially in the frontier & fight animations.

UncappedWheel82
11-30-2012, 06:43 PM
Try playing it in stereoscopic 3D too if possible , it really adds something , especially in the frontier & fight animations.

I've played a little bit in 3d and I wish I could play more. It does add a little more to the experience.

StarzSuicide
11-30-2012, 07:14 PM
I get that. My first time through AC3 with the HUD on I missed so much story/setting stuff, and I found that overall I really wasn't paying that much attention to world (the game), as I was just watching the minimap and following icons; they really do do a disservice to the experience. Also, not having the icon's over the enemies heads kind of frees you in a way. No long was I scared to go over the roof tops because people could see me. With my new found freedom I really felt like a better assassin.

I am happy to hear the ACR is harder though, as that is my next HUD-less conquest!

Edit: Hey, how do you get you bearing in general in the various areas. I figured out that in Boston the Docks/ships are always (in general) to the west, but I find myself lost in the frontier and certain parts of the homestead are lost to me as well.

How do you do it?

Oh easy, use the sun or moon, just keep I mind that it's reversed for some reason, the setting or rising sun is a great compass, even in cities, tho after 70+ hrs it's kinda like walking arou d your own neighborhood.

Oh an I hate the SsI with HUD on, makes you worry too much .

StarzSuicide
11-30-2012, 07:15 PM

I'll have to pick up some 3d glasses, is it magenta an emerald or ruby and sapphire? Stupid question I know, I'm sure it's magenta and emerald but just to be sure

montagemik
11-30-2012, 07:24 PM
I'll have to pick up some 3d glasses, is it magenta an emerald or ruby and sapphire? Stupid question I know, I'm sure it's magenta and emerald but just to be sure

No idea - i'm on a 3D TV - so it's just the specs for me - not inficolour