PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III game freezes

sknth.n
11-30-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi All,

I just bought the Assassin's Creed III game and installed it on my PC.
The game starts up, loads the main screen. Once I start the story, the first introduction cutscene plays.

This is followed by the game where Desmond and 3 others are in a vehicle. This cutscene plays for a few seconds, and then the screen just goes black like it's supposed to load something. But it doesn't. At this point, it freezes, and I get a Windows alert message saying that AC3SP.exe has stopped working.

I tried re-installing the game but no change in the problem.

I have a Dell XPS L502X
Windows 7 Home Premium
Intel core i7-2630QM @2.0 GHz
6 GB RAM
GeForce GT 540M.

The system passes all minimum requirements of the game.

Can anyone help me find out why the game is freezing? Should I contact the agent who sold me the copy and ask for a new one?

Thanks.

dtdw
11-30-2012, 02:46 PM
it is a very common problem especially for the AC3, try searching around i heard you'd have to downclock the GPU or some shiat. But if this happens on a laptop which is quite rare, i'd assume it's a patch away, either from GFX driver, or ubisoft. Which takes forever to come.

sknth.n
12-01-2012, 05:16 AM
I installed the latest update for my graphic card as well.
GeForce 306.97 Driver
Version: 306.97 WHQL
Released on 10.10.2012

I am running AC3 on my laptop, and so far haven't gotten anywhere. The latest nvidia update hasn't worked either.

sknth.n
12-01-2012, 05:50 AM
I also tried the following from this site:
http://crashwiki.com/assassins-creed-3-fixes-for-crashes-as3sp-exe-stopped-working-poor-fps-uplay-stuck-dll-errors-cd-key-invalid-no-sound/

1. FXAA is already off according to my Nvidia card settings. Tried turning it on and then off again. No difference.
2. Deleted the Temp Folder
3. Turned Vsync off by changing parameter to 0 in \Documents\Assassins Creed III\Assassin3.ini

sknth.n
12-01-2012, 05:51 AM
it is a very common problem especially for the AC3, try searching around i heard you'd have to downclock the GPU or some shiat. But if this happens on a laptop which is quite rare, i'd assume it's a patch away, either from GFX driver, or ubisoft. Which takes forever to come.

Is there anything I can do to ask for the patch? How do I contact ubisoft directly and speak to them about this?

Raja2698
12-01-2012, 05:37 PM
My AC3 is getting crashed randomly while i'm in Gameplay.....
Its reporting that " AC3SP.exe has stopped Working "

Pls Someone help me to Solve this Problem :(

AlexFili
12-01-2012, 06:05 PM
My AC3 is getting crashed randomly while i'm in Gameplay.....
Its reporting that " AC3SP.exe has stopped Working "

Pls Someone help me to Solve this Problem :(

Mine does that too, but MP works fine

sknth.n
12-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Mine does that too, but MP works fine

Yep, pretty much the same here except I haven't even been able to start playing the Single Player story.

Awesomik
12-01-2012, 11:12 PM
I have this problem on laptop too and i was reading on many forums that on laptop it is very comon thing... SP is crashing and MP is running without problems. I created thread here like 4 days ago and i hope someone from the Ubisoft had read it and they will try to fix it :(

sknth.n
12-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Yep, pretty much the same here except I haven't even been able to start playing the Single Player story.

I've got the problem solved. The Laptop was using the integrated Intel graphics card to play the game, which was why it got stuck. The van scene was moving very slowly earlier for me.

I uninstalled and re-installed the game and before running it for the first time, I chose the default graphics card to use, and that was NVidia. Now the game works absolutely fine! I could see an immediate difference in the performance. The van is moving pretty fast. Earlier when the problem used to occur, the whole scene was very sluggish.

Thank you Ubisoft Support :)

Anyone else with this problem, please check your graphic card settings and make sure that the game is using the right one!

dual777
12-10-2012, 02:29 AM
So uhm I waited for forever to get the game going (just minor bugs) so after the week end the only fix needed was the nVidia version 310.97 beta drivers. Just download and install and there you have it play the game. :cool:

Mc.bQnne
12-10-2012, 03:15 PM
So uhm I waited for forever to get the game going (just minor bugs) so after the week end the only fix needed was the nVidia version 310.97 beta drivers. Just download and install and there you have it play the game. :cool:

I don't see a 310.97 driver, but I do see a 310.70 driver - is this the one you mean?

Raja2698
12-14-2012, 10:28 AM
how do u choose the Graphic Card in game !?

BlueLectro
01-16-2013, 06:21 AM
Just a little turned off that this game is crashing. Ubisoft needs a patch to resolve this "Period".

The workarounds are a little stupid since most of us have invested a small fortune on our systems. I'm running 2 GTX670 SC's with 4GB vid ram on each.

I'm not overclocking, and although my system is a SLI rig I have ZERO issues with any of my games except the UBISOFT one.

If I knew this was going to be like this, I wouldn't even bothered with the game in the first place. Fail+1

Suggestion: Work a little more on your game and a little less on your spam launcher for the game.

Hate to be negative, but if you release broken games, and fail to fix them it will cause people to not bother with future games. Just sayin..:confused:

rainnystone2012
01-16-2013, 01:20 PM
i have the same problem with you and i have tried to contact Ubi, updating both game and the driver. none of it work...

rainnystone2012
01-16-2013, 01:22 PM
yet i notice that but how do you change your graphics? i mean do you change it via BIOS? since someone told me just to shut down integrated inter graphics card...

jazzdevil22
04-30-2013, 11:38 AM
I had an issue with my laptop, I tried all the recommented fixes, then finally I updated my intel integrated graphics driver (even though the game should not be using it)

Faulting application name: AC3SP.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5155b537
Faulting module name: igd10umd32.dll, version: 8.15.10.2266, time stamp: 0x4d0ab9a4
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000f5cdb
Faulting process id: 0x1710
Faulting application start time: 0x01ce4425ebc4d9ee
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Assassin's Creed III\AC3SP.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\igd10umd32.dll
Report Id: 6200ece9-b019-11e2-90f6-90a4de9f8c1b

this is what my event viewer said so I googled the faulting module and it turned out to be the intel graphics driver. This needs to be updated from your manufacturers website idealy (ie. samsung for me)

If this is helpful please repost on other AC3 freezing threads

aryan999
06-24-2013, 08:41 AM
hey im having the same issue with my ac3 game, my game freezes too after the van cutscene and when i press ctrl+alt+delete and select task manager i recieve the same messege that "as3sp.exe has stopped working ". please help me:confused:
*i have a hp laptop , with intel hd 3000 graphics (which probably should run the game quite well)
*a 4 gigabyte ram
*intel i5 core processor