PDA

View Full Version : Questions/Concerns about knife stuns.

DJ-B-Man-Jr
11-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Knife stuns are a big part of my game and I almost always pull them off unless smoke or lag become involved. Despite this, some aspects of them still confuse me.

1) Why am I able to kill when I'm limping around? I remember reading that your kill range is back to normal but I've gotten plenty of stuns on limping pursuers.

2) I remember holding high profile used to increase kill range in either ACB or ACR. Does this still happen in AC3 and more importanlty, does it happen when you're knifed?

These are the only things I need clarification on and any answers would be greatly appreciated.

Metalsnake27
11-30-2012, 04:23 AM
Knife stuns are a big part of my game and I almost always pull them off unless smoke or lag become involved. Despite this, some aspects of them still confuse me.

1) Why am I able to kill when I'm limping around? I remember reading that your kill range is back to normal but I've gotten plenty of stuns on limping pursuers.

2) I remember holding high profile used to increase kill range in either ACB or ACR. Does this still happen in AC3 and more importanlty, does it happen when you're knifed?

These are the only things I need clarification on and any answers would be greatly appreciated.

1. Idk. It could either be lag or the person just doesn't try? But yeah you SHOULD be able to kill when your limping.

2. You cant go high profile when your knifed.... I don't think anyways since your limping around... so I'm not sure if it actually does anything. Would be good for testing though.

dindinhi
11-30-2012, 07:59 AM
yeah it's incredibly annoying when a target knifes me, takes their time strutting over and then stuns me, even though I'm pressing square like crazy and have them locked. It wasn't just one time, it's every single time I get knifed I can't ever kill them, they always stun me. BUT if I am the target and knife my pursuer, run over to stun them, they always without fail manage to kill me. It's just frustrating.

SeeknDestroy1318
11-30-2012, 08:03 AM
yeah it's incredibly annoying when a target knifes me, takes their time strutting over and then stuns me, even though I'm pressing square like crazy and have them locked. It wasn't just one time, it's every single time I get knifed I can't ever kill them, they always stun me. BUT if I am the target and knife my pursuer, run over to stun them, they always without fail manage to kill me. It's just frustrating.

Its because you're running over to them, you need to walk over to them, if you go high profile you will die.

ClownDemon
11-30-2012, 08:05 AM
When the knife is thrown and the player is immobilized, the player is unable to use abilities. After this period of time, they can.

While crippled, they cannot climb. While crippled, their range of high profile action is limited.

While they are slowed, their attack range for stuns is reduced. If you get close enough though, however they still can stun and kill you. As long as you attack them from maximum range, your actions can go uncontested.

DJ-B-Man-Jr
11-30-2012, 08:10 AM
When the knife is thrown and the player is immobilized, the player is unable to use abilities.

Really? I was pretty sure you could drop smoke as soon as your knifed. I know that the moment you're knifed and you're stuck in one spot you can't kill or stun though.

ClownDemon
11-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Approximately, there's around a one second delay prior to being to use abilities. If you use smoke as soon as you get hit by the knife it says "you can not use this ability from this position" or something along the lines. It is not for the entirety of the immobilization.

Slowplaid
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM

i'm fine with this because like seekndestroy said you should be walking and stealthier what i don't agree with is them being able to get a hidden kill - i'm stunned sure poison focus kill me but how can you hide when i have you locked and i'm spamming square