PDA

View Full Version : Next ac game --> french revolution

emmatuesday
11-30-2012, 01:31 AM
Personally, I believe that Assassins Creed during the French Revolution would be fascinating. Either with Connor, or without. Continuing Connor's life would work well in the French Revolution because they both occur around the same time period, and Connor had many French allies in AC3. I feel like you could go further in the American Revolution, but Connor finished his job in the end. And besides the American Revolution, there aren't other wars to involve the Assassins. Thus, the French Revolution is the best option. Even after the French Revolution, you could move into other parts of Europe. That is, if Ubisoft wanted to continue the series.

Ideas?

Turul.
11-30-2012, 01:36 AM
i totaly agree!

except for the part where you said "there are no other wars"

there are many other conflicts occuring around this time. especially between the colonists and the native americans. which aren't really that well known, and are actually really interesting!

but i'd love for it to go into the french revolution, I want more of connor, his story feels unfinished!

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 01:43 AM
Only reason I want the French Revolution is because it`s a different type of Revolution than the American..

It`ll be VERY Interesting..But what reason could Connor have to go there ? That`s what we should be thinking about right now...What could possibly make him leave America ?

TrueAssassin77
11-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Only reason I want the French Revolution is because it`s a different type of Revolution than the American..

It`ll be VERY Interesting..But what reason could Connor have to go there ? That`s what we should be thinking about right now...What could possibly make him leave America ?

the writers will think of something. they got ezio to go to rome. and constinaopole

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 01:51 AM
the writers will think of something. they got ezio to go to rome. and constinaopole
It was Easy for Rome...

I`m sure they will think of something (Of course they will xD) but nothing wrong with a bit of speculation eh ? :P

ZephyrStrife
11-30-2012, 01:54 AM

Lafayette invites Connor to come to Paris when the war is over in AC3. Does so in AC3.5 and gets pulled into the conflict. But really, as someone else said, there was a lot of conflict after the American Revolution was over so plenty to play around with there....I felt pretty jilted on only having two colonies to run around in. =/

KingHunter012
11-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Personally, I believe that Assassins Creed during the French Revolution would be fascinating. Either with Connor, or without. Continuing Connor's life would work well in the French Revolution because they both occur around the same time period, and Connor had many French allies in AC3. I feel like you could go further in the American Revolution, but Connor finished his job in the end. And besides the American Revolution, there aren't other wars to involve the Assassins. Thus, the French Revolution is the best option. Even after the French Revolution, you could move into other parts of Europe. That is, if Ubisoft wanted to continue the series.

Ideas?

I agree!!! I would like to continue with Connor, but he did what he set out to do in AC3 and I don't see how he could be used again. A new character would be cool but one game for Connor doesn't seem like enough. And we need a new modern day character. Which will be interesting to see how they do that seeing how only was the only one with the sixth sense and he was chosen to save the world which he failed at haha. But idk.. whatever Ubisoft decides to do will be cool

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 02:08 AM
God damm it SPOILERS !!

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 02:13 AM
Totally agree with OP. I am hoping for French Revolution with Connor. It would be awesome if done right. I just hope it would get the time and attention it deserves. The time period/setting/events are absolutely perfect for ACIII. A little too perfect even. Plus I'd like to see Connor's later years.

destr0lockk
11-30-2012, 04:50 AM
It would be interesting but the main assassination targets that I wanted to kill (Louis XVI, Antoinette, Robespierre) were all killed by guillotine. The chaos would be another part, the common people were basically taking care of their own problems so an assassin wouldn't be as useful as it was in the American Revolution. Meeting Napoleon would be nice to see though.

Jexx21
11-30-2012, 04:55 AM
Lafayette invites Connor to come to Paris when the war is over in AC3. Does so in AC3.5 and gets pulled into the conflict. But really, as someone else said, there was a lot of conflict after the American Revolution was over so plenty to play around with there....I felt pretty jilted on only having two colonies to run around in. =/
Chances are AC3: Revolution (or whatever) would only have Paris and Versailles to roam around in.

and I feel like it would be a shame to move away from America, and out of the Frontier... unless France has a huge forest that played a significant role in the French Revolution.

And if we do have the french Revolution, I would hope that Aveline would come along for the ride, seeing as she's half french and all.

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 04:59 AM
It would be interesting but the main assassination targets that I wanted to kill (Louis XVI, Antoinette, Robespierre) were all killed by guillotine. The chaos would be another part, the common people were basically taking care of their own problems so an assassin wouldn't be as useful as it was in the American Revolution. Meeting Napoleon would be nice to see though.

That doesn't really matter. Savonarola was clearly not killed by a knife to the face. He was burned alive. But I will agree that I wouldn't want Connor to be the one who kills Louis the 16th. He was such a child, I don't think Connor would be after him. If anyone was truly evil at the time it was Robespierre. That's a guy I wouldn't mind stabbing in the face. Also Jean Paul Marat.

Jexx21
11-30-2012, 05:01 AM
I want to know though, was Napolean an Assassin or Templar puppet?

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 05:03 AM
I want to know though, was Napolean an Assassin or Templar puppet?

Tough call. He did basically walk in and take power for himself and claim himself emperor of a nation that had just created democracy for itself (and failed).

Jexx21
11-30-2012, 05:05 AM
That screams Templar, but I dunno...

The Assassins may of installed him thinking he was going to be a good leader..

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 05:09 AM
That screams Templar, but I dunno...

The Assassins may of installed him thinking he was going to be a good leader..
It can happen...

Agostino Barbarigo Anyone ?

destr0lockk
11-30-2012, 05:10 AM
That doesn't really matter. Savonarola was clearly not killed by a knife to the face. He was burned alive. But I will agree that I wouldn't want Connor to be the one who kills Louis the 16th. He was such a child, I don't think Connor would be after him. If anyone was truly evil at the time it was Robespierre. That's a guy I wouldn't mind stabbing in the face. Also Jean Paul Marat.

That's my point. All those targets weren't killed under "mysterious" circumstances. What would we do? Spread lies and rumors for the people to kill them? That is very templar-like and not something an assassin would do.

greyghost5992
11-30-2012, 05:10 AM
i'd say napoleon would be kinda like pitcairn, believing that the templars should hold the strings, and freedom is an invition to chaos, and therefore against order.

i'd love to return back to europe....America was fun but the buildings were just meh...the architecture wasn't the coolest...now i'd like an ac2/3 setup traveling around europe doing & naval missions in the Mediterranean

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 05:12 AM
That's my point. All those targets weren't killed under "mysterious" circumstances. What would we do? Spread lies and rumors for the people to kill them? That is very templar-like and not something an assassin would do.
William Johnson died of a Stroke.....Yeah

emmatuesday
11-30-2012, 05:13 AM
That doesn't really matter. Savonarola was clearly not killed by a knife to the face. He was burned alive. But I will agree that I wouldn't want Connor to be the one who kills Louis the 16th. He was such a child, I don't think Connor would be after him. If anyone was truly evil at the time it was Robespierre. That's a guy I wouldn't mind stabbing in the face. Also Jean Paul Marat. Yeah, they could put a twist on whether the Assassins were for or a against all of the chaos, and whether the Templars planted the seed to cause the mass murder of thousands of people.

destr0lockk
11-30-2012, 05:17 AM
Fair enough but we're talking about public execution here :p. Not a very subtle way to die isn't it?

Rugterwyper32
11-30-2012, 06:20 AM
First post here, but here's my take on how a game in the French Revolution could work.
We have Lafayette's invitation to France as a hint, but there's another reason for Connor to go there. As we know, the Brotherhood in the US is, by all means, a wreck, and Connor is aware that the Brotherhood expands more than just there, so to make Achilles proud and to make sure they can keep fighting Templars who come to America, he decides to go there to learn more and learn from a side of the brotherhood that is still in a good state.
As for locations, Paris, Versailles, the area between Paris and whatever port can take Connor to London and London itself could work as locations. Why London? Connor could be interested in the city his father grew up in and there's potential for some good targets there (John Wilkes, François Claude Amour) and heck, we could even have some Haytham flashbacks or something (maybe Connor having Haytham's diary and getting to places mentioned in it and that working as a flashback mission of sorts).
As for targets? You guys have mentioned that many were in public executions. While that could be changed for a few (Robespierre is ideal for that, for example), there are other ideas. Bernard de Launay, for example, could work, and Connor could witness the revolution going deadly wrong from the get-go, seeing the citizens carry his head around on a pike. Stanislas Marie Adelaide is another possible target, who was killed in the riots of August 10th 1792. Barnave's execution could be changed around a bit, too. A few others could go through the same as well. And then there's John Wilkes and Claude Amour in London later on. Heck, they could ignore Amour and Wilkes, save London for another game and go for a last mission into Egypt to kill Kleber. There's also a pretty good amount of naval battles that could be added to keep the naval side of things.
That's my take on it.

Hassassiyin
11-30-2012, 07:55 AM
SPOILERS

Lafayette tells Connor about how he snuck to the States by dressing as a woman.
He tells him that before that, he lived in Paris.
He told of how Paris looks beautiful and heavenly on the outside, but is black and rotting on the inside. Probably because of the presence of european Templars.
He saw the Colonies as the exact opposite: cruel and dark on the outside, but hopeful and spirited on the inside, which is why he came to the Colonies in the first place, to fight for something that reminds him of his home.
He tells Connor that he wants to take him to Paris with him after the war is over.

And there was also the Assassins recruit who witnessed the murder of his uncle by Haytham in the Opera during the intro of the game.
He tells Connor about his country and how he ended up in the colonies. Connor says he would like to visit his country one day (England).

Maybe because he is curious about where his father grew up and came from and because he probably knows there are more templars where Haytham came from. Comitting injustice, something Connor doesnt like and would fight it when given the chance.

Juno tells Connor he would do "so much more" than he already has.

This would be the part of the Assassin vs. Templars story

But I think Connor should also be on a more personal quest. To obtain wisdom and learn the truth behind all this.
Connor shows the wisdom of a child in my opinion. He became an assassin to protect his people and their land.
But it didnt help and they had to leave. So Connor must be wondering.. What was it good for?

When Connor and Achilles meet. Achilles tells him why the assassins are here and why they fight stop the templars.
The Animus didnt show this conversation but instead skipped the conversation. But we do know that Achilles knew about the "spirits" bothering them "Since Ezio uncorked the bottle." so he must have mentioned him in this conversation.
What if they would have Ezio play the same role Altair did in AC:R?? Ezio went to constantinople (partly in Asia) to search for the wisdom left
behind by "The great Altair". What if Connor went to Europe to find out who this Ezio guy was??

I think it would be interesting to see the game opening sequence with Connor on his ship and his crew. sailing towards europe. to fight the templars in the time of french revolution, which would be a reason to visit paris. visit London to see where his father came from and maybe finding out that his father was an Assassin and why he became a templar. Maybe Connor could meet some members or Mentor of the european brotherhood, who would tell the story about Ezio Auditore and the influence he had on the European brotherhood. Who would also tell Connor something that all assassins should know. That nothing is true, everything is permitted.

This would be the best way to continue and end Connors story and develop his character (in my opinion ofcourse).

misterB2001
11-30-2012, 08:04 AM
The French revolution would be amazing, however its such a perfect setting for a 'numbered' title, would a Connor spin off really do it justice?

pirate1802
11-30-2012, 08:26 AM
The French revolution would be amazing, however its such a perfect setting for a 'numbered' title, would a Connor spin off really do it justice?

That's what I'm thinking..

SevketErhat
11-30-2012, 08:47 AM
I don't want Connor to continue. A new Assassin during the French Revolution would be awesome

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 08:49 AM
I don't want Connor to continue
heh........just sayin`

scooper121s
11-30-2012, 08:51 AM
I don't want Connor to continue. A new Assassin during the French Revolution would be awesome
Yeah, connor is awesome, he will continue, if you don't like him skip the rest of the AC games that have connor

JoR0
11-30-2012, 09:13 AM
I thought the War of 1812 (and possibly the first seminole war after) would be a connor sequel, either the next game or game after if they make a 3rd, it would make a nice finishing game because Connor would be around 60 by the end of the conflict, seeing the burning of the (first) white house would be neat and Andrew Jackson would make quite a character (as well as other major figures of the time, James Monroe and (hopefully) Thomas Jefferson, etc etc)

Though the French Revolution would also be a great game, I imagine if they did it, it would be a Connor sequel though and the next numbered game will probably be back into the distant pass for another protagonist, my guess is ancient egypt

(Spoilers)
maybe connor would even side with the british for certain events because of what the americans did with his tribal land after he helped them

kriegerdesgottes
11-30-2012, 03:44 PM

Yeah I can def see your point but the Revolution takes place literally 7 years after the American Revolution and I don't know if it would work to wait two to three years to go to the exact same time period. I think having Connor go there makes for a better story and makes more sense as far as the timeline goes. I agree though that it needs to be done justice being such a perfect time and place.

emmatuesday
11-30-2012, 08:02 PM
I thought the War of 1812 (and possibly the first seminole war after) would be a connor sequel, either the next game or game after if they make a 3rd, it would make a nice finishing game because Connor would be around 60 by the end of the conflict, seeing the burning of the (first) white house would be neat and Andrew Jackson would make quite a character (as well as other major figures of the time, James Monroe and (hopefully) Thomas Jefferson, etc etc)

Though the French Revolution would also be a great game, I imagine if they did it, it would be a Connor sequel though and the next numbered game will probably be back into the distant pass for another protagonist, my guess is ancient egypt

(Spoilers)
maybe connor would even side with the british for certain events because of what the americans did with his tribal land after he helped them

Hopefully they wouldn't make Connor in 1812, because playing a 60 year is a little weird. But they could always make another game involving the American Revolution, then more to the French Revolution in the 3rd game.

POP1Fan
11-30-2012, 08:26 PM

Aveline goes there to help someone, since she is half-French and asks Connor for help :confused:

SaintPerkele
11-30-2012, 09:28 PM
And there was also the Assassins recruit who witnessed the murder of his uncle by Haytham in the Opera during the intro of the game.
He tells Connor about his country and how he ended up in the colonies. Connor says he would like to visit his country one day (England).

Ireland, not England. I wouldn't mind roaming around Dublin having lived there for a year, but I'd say French Revolution is the most obvious choice for now.

I have two other reasons to support this theory beside LaFayette. Wait, no, three actually. POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD.
First: The Declaration of the Rights of Man and of the Citizen. First of all, it features the Eye of Providence and the Phyrgian Cap (mentioned at the end of Brotherhood). Secondly, as pointed out here http://acinitiates.com/topic/spoilers-5523c23d2553/ , the Ouroboros (translation of the code received after synching the Animus to the cloud) is on there too.

Secondly: The timeline on AC Initiates mentions the French Revolution, one of the only events mentioned that were never discussed in an AC game so far and thus doesn't really have any connection the franchise - yet.

Now I could see the game happen very well. I'm not a big fan of speculation, but here we go:
You will play as Connor (I wouldn't really like this; not because I don't like Connor, but because I feel that he wouldn't fit the setting), as evident by Ubisoft saying several timeszthat there might be another Connor game (in case of Ubisoft, that means there will be). The main protagonist will not be Desmond (seeing as ACIII was his final game) but probably as Otso Berg (he was mentioned several times on Initiates now, even though he doesn't play any role in ACIII; there is concept art for him and an interesting backstory - read it up on Initiates or the wiki), who uses the extracted genetic memories of Desmond (supposed that it was Abstergo who extracted them at the end of ACIII) and probably turning against the Templars and Abstergo throughout the game (as they will capture his daughter because he refuses to do something or so; maybe Eye Abstergo's launch will be an event in the next game too). He will relive Connor's memories because.. I don't know, maybe to figure out how to stop Juno or whatever.

The French Revolution is a fantastic setting and full of amazing history. There were tons of deaths not through the guillotine too, by the way. Robespierre for example tried to shoot himself after being pretty much defeated but failed horribly - who says that he shot himself and that it wasn't Connor? Jean Paul Marat, one of the most famous assassinations during that time - maybe Charlotte Corday and Connor teamed up to kill him? She might even be an early love interest for Connor but gets executed, thus fueling his rage? And speaking of this.. Her execution gives many great opportunities: First of all, there was that guy called Legros who slapped her head afterwards - he could very well be a Templar and Connor could kill him for that. My most favourite person who I hope is the main antagonist for the game though, is Charles Henri Sanson (look him up, if you don't know him). He was the main executioner during the French Revolution (and he executed a lot..), yet he was also educated, highly intellectual and chose the guillotine because it was not as brutal as previous executions - the perfect Templar in my opinion. Oh, and he helped his uncle with the execution of Robert Francois Damine who tried to assasinate the former king. He died in 1806 (unknown circumstances?) and could be the final assasination target. Oh, and one of his sons died when he "fell" from a scaffolding during an execution. Just a few examples of great assassinaion possibilities. Some other ideas: Bernard-René Jordan de Launay, who gave the order to shoot innocents during the storming of the Bastille, was assassinated just afterwards (stabbed by knives and "bayonets" - hidden blades!). Then the storming of the Tuileriepalace, where a lot of officers of the Swiss guards were assassinated (I'm sure Ubisoft could pick one particular and make him an assassination target). Also, there was the storming of that one prison (sorry, forgot its name..) where a lot of people were assassinated too. And not to forget, the massacre on the marsfield. So yeah, there wasn't only the guillotine.

Considering the story.. I could see King Louis having an apple (or possibly even the sword! End of Desmond, time for new PoEs?) but being neither a Templar nor an Assassin. Thus, both organisations want the revolution in order to liberate the people from the king and taking the PoEs, but the Templars under Robespierre and Sanson succeeding. Then Robespierre and Sanson could go ape**** due to his PoE and betraying the Templar ideals by executing the other Templars in order to gain more power (think Al Mualim in AC1). Also, we know that Napoléon had a PoE (maybe an apple, maybe the sword..), so after the revolution the Assassins could have given it to him, hoping that he'll save France - but he used it to conquer the rest of the world; thus, the Assassins took it back and Napoléon failed his final battles. Something like that (maybe the Napoleonian Wars could feature in an ACR2.0 or a book, comic, short movie spin-off - a huge playground for the developers).
Historical characters you could meet.. well there are plenty. I would love Marquis de Sade to be a somewhat crazy yet likeable Assassin (let me quote the Wiki-article on him: "He is best known for his erotic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotic_literature) works, which combined philosophical discourse with pornography, depicting sexual fantasies with an emphasis on violence, criminality and blasphemy against the Catholic Church. He was a proponent of extreme freedom, unrestrained by morality, religion or law"), I'd love to meet him. There are many many other characters during that period (including artists, scientists, philosophers), but too many to list. Research the time and you'll agree.

Finally, after this wall of text (thanks for reading this, I clearly spent way too much time writing this and didn't even mention the beauty of Paris and the possibility of Assassin tombs in awesome locations - also Varennes-en-Argonne, where the fleeing King Louis was caught, and Versailles as other cities/locations featured in the game), I'd like to mention the motto of the French Revolution: "Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité" (freedom: Everything is permitted, equality: nothing is true or a reference to the Assassins believing in equality of the people, brotherliness: never compromise the Brotherhood or just a reference to the Assassins) - could very well work as the new Creed.

EDIT: Woops, that title was not on purpose. Fits pretty well anyway.

Stekelbaarske
11-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Connor had many French allies in AC3.
Who lose the French Revolution...
I think the French Revolution would be a great idea. But, then it should be the last Assassin's Creed (since the next major battles are World War I and II; Assassin's Creed in WWI and WWII wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed anymore, since there are too many weapons and vehicles...).
As it would/should be the last Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft would have to make it greater and longer than the previous AC's. The French Revolution having an amazing arsenal of military/diplomatic(/political) events, this shouldn't bee to hard...

BATISTABUS
11-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Connor is driven by the responsibility to protect his people above anything else. If he goes to France, he won't be able to do this. Sorry guys, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

Stekelbaarske
11-30-2012, 10:04 PM

Well, for example; let's say that after Haytham broke up with the indian woman (can't remember her name, probably something unpronounceable), he found another woman with which he got another son/daughter...During the American Revolution, he told his wife & child to flee to Europe, getting out of the dangers of the American Revolution.
Then, after the A.R., Connor gets a letter of his brother/sister (he didn't know of the existence of this brother/sister) wherein he/she explains that he/she is Connor's brother/sister. In this letter, he/she says that the political situation in France is very unstable (let's say the mother & son/daughter moved to Paris...or Versailles or whatever) and that the threat of riots against the king, Louis XVI is raising. Connor could get to Paris to help the king; when Louis XVI dies, he could start a little group of resistants...And then, when Napoleon comes, he could assist the British in defeating Napoleon at Trafalgar etc., and especially, helping the British, Prussians etc. against the French troops at Waterloo. Conor fights against Napoleon, but then decides to let him live. Then, he agrees with the plan of the authorities of banning Napoleon to St.-Helena.

Of course, in this Assassin's Creed, there SHOULD REALLY BE some GOOD battle(field)s (as you saw in the trailer of AC3...).

This all should be doable for Ubisoft...When they get the time...

Stekelbaarske
11-30-2012, 10:07 PM
Connor is driven by the responsibility to protect his people above anything else. If he goes to France, he won't be able to do this. Sorry guys, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I think it's also his goal to protect his family...even if it is a son or daughter of his real father...would you agree with my idea I posted here?

Stekelbaarske
11-30-2012, 10:13 PM
btw; how the hell could one play Connor, since Desmond's dead and the world is saved??
Desmond's father get's in the Animus?? (well...it's gotta be someone from Desmond's family..)
If this may be the case, what reason could he have to get in the Animus?

Rugterwyper32
11-30-2012, 10:14 PM

Here's the thing, by the end of the game, he's pretty much failed at that. He had this motivation during this game, but in the end he failed, and he might believe they're safer further west. Besides, he's aware Templars are gonna return, and he has a reason to go there to find out how to build up and reinforce the brotherhood by learning from a part of the brotherhood that wasn't completely decimated. With a stronger brotherhood, he'll probably feel he can keep his people safer.

ZephyrStrife
11-30-2012, 11:10 PM

*Spoilers*

Except you know, his people have skedaddled at the end of AC3.

JoR0
11-30-2012, 11:31 PM
Hopefully they wouldn't make Connor in 1812, because playing a 60 year is a little weird. But they could always make another game involving the American Revolution, then more to the French Revolution in the 3rd game.

how old is Ezio by Revelations? he feels 60...

EDIT: Ezio in Revelations was around 55 so not far off

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:32 PM
how old is Ezio by Revelations? he feels 60

JoR0
11-30-2012, 11:33 PM

almost beat me to it, but yeah, close to 60

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:34 PM
btw; how the hell could one play Connor, since Desmond's dead and the world is saved??
Desmond's father get's in the Animus?? (well...it's gotta be someone from Desmond's family..)
If this may be the case, what reason could he have to get in the Animus?
Easy...Desmond is not the only Descendant of Connor...Mind blowing I know..

Also, Animus hacking....also, memory Farming and harvesting..

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:35 PM
almost beat me to it, but yeah, close to 60
52 is close to 60 ? Sounds closer to 50 to me

Evil 5teven
11-30-2012, 11:37 PM
I'd go for World War I

Europe at war, trenches, airplanes, cannons, guns...maybe?

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
I'd go for World War I

The writer of the game is opposed to that idea....He`d drown you

JoR0
11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
52 is close to 60 ? Sounds closer to 50 to me

medicine in the 1400/1500's wasn't as good as the medicine of the 1700/1800's, so that would effect how someone ages, also he would be 60 by the end of the war, he would be 57 at the start, 5 years is not a huge difference

Stekelbaarske
11-30-2012, 11:40 PM
I'd go for World War I

absolutely not...this wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed anymore, unless you would leave the airplanes and all the vehicles out of it...also automatic guns are not to be in an AC game. But if you leave these all out, it wouldn't be WWI anymore...sorry lad, but it's a no for me.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:41 PM
medicine in the 1400/1500's wasn't as good as the medicine of the 1700/1800's, so that would effect how someone ages, also he would be 60 by the end of the war, he would be 57 at the start, 5 years is not a huge difference
Wait Wait..What the hell are we talking about exactly ?? xD

JoR0
11-30-2012, 11:42 PM

(Spoilers)

my earlier post someone commented on saying playing as a 60 (57) year old wouldnt work even though ezio was in the same age group for revelations

Stekelbaarske
11-30-2012, 11:43 PM
my earlier post someone commented on saying playing as a 60 (57) year old wouldnt work even though ezio was in the same age group for revelations
Achilles needed a walking stick but was still able to kill someone...

JoR0
11-30-2012, 11:44 PM
Achilles needed a walking stick but was still able to kill someone...

this is how they one up the rope dart, walking cane kills XD

emmatuesday
12-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Who lose the French Revolution...
I think the French Revolution would be a great idea. But, then it should be the last Assassin's Creed (since the next major battles are World War I and II; Assassin's Creed in WWI and WWII wouldn't be an Assassin's Creed anymore, since there are too many weapons and vehicles...).
As it would/should be the last Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft would have to make it greater and longer than the previous AC's. The French Revolution having an amazing arsenal of military/diplomatic(/political) events, this shouldn't bee to hard...

Actually, there are many other important moments in history soon after in Russia, China, etc.

CalgaryJay
12-01-2012, 12:17 AM
Chances are AC3: Revolution (or whatever) would only have Paris and Versailles to roam around in.

and I feel like it would be a shame to move away from America, and out of the Frontier... unless France has a huge forest that played a significant role in the French Revolution.

This is exactly why I'm still not convinced its going to be French Revolution. After spending so much time/energy/hype on the Frontier (and frankly, it turning out awesome, with the exception of probably needing more things to do out there), I just can't see them ditching it, at least not that quickly.

Also, Connor with his tomahawk, bow, snares, rope darts, etc, just seems like an odd choice to have running around 1700's Paris. I just don't see it. Though I guess the next game doesn't necessarily have to feature Connor... (though I hope it does)

emmatuesday
12-01-2012, 12:18 AM
how old is Ezio by Revelations? he feels 60...

EDIT: Ezio in Revelations was around 55 so not far off

Yes he was about that old, but It seemed weird playing an old man. I feel like it would have better for them to end his story after Brotherhood.

emmatuesday
12-01-2012, 12:19 AM
This is exactly why I'm still not convinced its going to be French Revolution. After spending so much time/energy/hype on the Frontier (and frankly, it turning out awesome, with the exception of probably needing more things to do out there), I just can't see them ditching it, at least not that quickly.

Also, Connor with his tomahawk, bow, snares, rope darts, etc, just seems like an odd choice to have running around 1700's Paris. I just don't see it. Though I guess the next game doesn't necessarily have to feature Connor... (though I hope it does)

I agree, so I hope that they will make another game with Connor in the American Revolution. Then Make the third game with Connor ( or another Assassin) in France.

BATISTABUS
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
I think it's also his goal to protect his family...even if it is a son or daughter of his real father...would you agree with my idea I posted here?
No, I don't think he would sacrifice the well-being of his people for the son the *spoilers* that he's never even met before. Connor (and many North Eastern tribes in general) has a non-traditional sense of family. His fellow Homesteaders are family. Achilles was family. He hardly cared about Haytham.

Here's the thing, by the end of the game, he's pretty much failed at that. He had this motivation during this game, but in the end he failed, and he might believe they're safer further west. Besides, he's aware Templars are gonna return, and he has a reason to go there to find out how to build up and reinforce the brotherhood by learning from a part of the brotherhood that wasn't completely decimated. With a stronger brotherhood, he'll probably feel he can keep his people safer.
As for him failing, see my comment on the quote below.

That's an interesting though, but if he left, there wouldn't be an American Brotherhood at all and the new nation would be even more vulnerable to Templars. It's more likely that Assassins from other nations will come to America, since it is a land of immigrants and "boundless opportunity".

*Spoilers*
Except you know, his people have skedaddled at the end of AC3.
The Mohawk people aren't dead...they still exist, and they're definitely not well-off. Do you really think problems for Native Americans ended after this point? Do you think they were entirely exterminated? They weren't.

All of these arguments aside, Connor just isn't the "revolution-igniter" we expected him to be, so I don't see him necessarily jumping at the chance to assist the French in their efforts. Besides, with a new nation with its own problems to deal with (and again, obviously his people), Connor can't afford to cross the Atlantic to solve someone else's problems.

If the French Revolution took place, say, 20 years after the American Revolution ended, then I could see him making the trip. The Brotherhood would likely have been strongly re-built, and he would likely be renowned among Assassins (Mentor status).

WarriorAegis
12-01-2012, 12:21 AM
I think Ubi should focus on fixing most of the bugs on AC3 before moving onto AC4. Just my opinion.

abbitha7
12-01-2012, 05:44 AM
The French Revolution would be very interesting. I would prefer to leave Connor behind, however.

SevketErhat
12-03-2012, 12:52 PM
The French Revolution would be very interesting. I would prefer to leave Connor behind, however.

Just what I have said

killzab
12-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Being French, I'm not entirely confortable with a Native American being the driving force behind the revolution .... just saying ...

wackywaffles2
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Every Assassin's Creed sequel was set years after the game before it. I think that Assassin's Creed 4 will be completely modern day, *SPOILERS* unless there is another piece of first civ technology that can stop Juno, i don't see a need for the Animus anymore.

MasterAssasin84
12-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Being French, I'm not entirely confortable with a Native American being the driving force behind the revolution .... just saying ...

But he is not, Connor is hunting the Templars he is merely on the outside digging out the enemy within so he would not be spearheading the revolution.

rafael52
12-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Another idea for a time setting is the greek revolution.1821,there were many conflicts not completely fought with guns and many political incidents.

SevketErhat
12-04-2012, 07:49 AM
Another idea for a time setting is the greek revolution.1821,there were many conflicts not completely fought with guns and many political incidents.

There are more interesting points in history than this

rafael52
12-04-2012, 10:21 AM

Just an idea.

MasterAssasin84
12-04-2012, 03:08 PM

But its very original !! i like the idea .

PANiC_ATTACKER
12-04-2012, 03:34 PM
Doesn't AC3`s prove that such settings are poop!. I was surprised they didn't go for Japan! did no one ever play the original Tenchu on the Playstation ! :)

16th-century feudal Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudal_Japan).! could be the greatest AC ever made...

MasterAssasin84
12-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Doesn't AC3`s prove that such settings are poop!. I was surprised they didn't go for Japan! did no one ever play the original Tenchu on the Playstation ! :)

16th-century feudal Japan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feudal_Japan).! could be the greatest AC ever made...

I dont think the setting was bad at all , sure thats your perception but you cant compare the American war of independence to the French Revolution because they was both entirely different events in History and to add the current setting for AC3 was very original but feudal Japan there are a few Games based around this and one that really stands out was Genji so Ubi stated that will not do any themes that have already been done because the want to keep Assassins Creed Inovative and original.

H4rry Pl0pper
12-04-2012, 05:05 PM
California Gold Rush 1848-1855 anyone? The Civil War 1861-1865 (would love to meet Lincoln)? Maybe play as an Aztec in the 14th-16th century?

TrueAssassin77
12-04-2012, 05:10 PM
i really want connor in france.

but lets remeber guys, connor doesn't really need to be in a war at all. ezio wasn't involved with a specifc event in any of his games. they just put in a time where some dudes died mysteriously in a spam of years, and the devs just made them all connected

Connor in france makes way more sense than Ezio in constinapole. theres even hints in AC3 that hint about france. hell, connors first recruit speaks volumes. in ezio games, there was no hints in earlier games, that he'd end up in constinapole...... and yet there he was.

Connor will be going to france!

TrueAssassin77
12-04-2012, 05:20 PM
and as I've said before.

Connor is not the type of hero, that you use only once.

CalgaryJay
12-04-2012, 06:09 PM

I would LOVE for AC to visit the Greek world, that's actually my #1 place I hope they take it at some point. But from 1200BC-present, anything beyond 1500AD is probably the worst time period to set it in.

Minoan/Mycenaean/Archaic/Classical/Hellenistic/Byzantine >> Greek war of independence

Actually on that note, I hope they never go any more recent than where we're at already. Guns are getting way too prevalent. I'm sure this Connor era will all be around the same time, but for the next numbered title, time to hit the rewind button please..

infamous_ezio
12-04-2012, 07:12 PM
the american revolution would be a good setting, people were being slaughtered every day, those times were brutal

rafael52
12-05-2012, 09:27 PM
I would LOVE for AC to visit the Greek world, that's actually my #1 place I hope they take it at some point. But from 1200BC-present, anything beyond 1500AD is probably the worst time period to set it in.

Minoan/Mycenaean/Archaic/Classical/Hellenistic/Byzantine >> Greek war of independence

Actually on that note, I hope they never go any more recent than where we're at already. Guns are getting way too prevalent. I'm sure this Connor era will all be around the same time, but for the next numbered title, time to hit the rewind button please..

Well.There are a lot of wars fought in greece.From ancient times to our time.But I don't think they want to make a game on a time before the last game.Might be a setback.But I think the greek revolution is good because there were many conflicts both on battlefields,but on politics also.

rafael52
12-05-2012, 09:28 PM
the american revolution would be a good setting, people were being slaughtered every day, those times were brutal

The AC:III is already out mate.It's set on the american revolution.Except if you mean different years.

Kaschra
12-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I'm not a big fan of Connor, but I would be willing to play as him again during the French Revolution :)
And since Ubisoft has been talking about Co-op modus, I would love to see such a game with both Connor and Aveline.