PDA

View Full Version : Has Desmonds family line ended?

rupok2
11-29-2012, 05:05 PM
I was thinking today that since ac3 ended the way it did can ubisoft pull any sort of story twist where desmond had offspring?

Since desmond is so special because of his genetics I really don't see how someone else can take the mantle of protagonist if they aren't directly related to desmond? Maybe he has a kid he doesn't know about?

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 05:07 PM
desmond is the epitome of a loser. the devs made him a loser intentionally. i doubt he ever got laid.

rupok2
11-29-2012, 05:11 PM
desmond is the epitome of a loser. the devs made him a loser intentionally. i doubt he ever got laid.

Wow thats pretty harsh. He wasn't a loser, he was just unsure of his purpose since the Assassin life isn't chosen, it choose you (quote from Ezio). Having the world on your shoulder then saving it by sacrificing yourself believing/ having faith that humans will stop the threat that comes with his decision(juno) is not an easy decision to make. I think Desmond chose the assassin way which is having faith in humans. He wasn't a loser by any means but thats my opinion at least.

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 05:19 PM

To be fair, anything and everything is the way they are because the devs want them to. Why is Ezio charming? because the devs intentionally made him so. See?

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 05:25 PM
they made desmond almost pointless in the end... and by extension, ALL of his ancestors... one of the 2 ways to interpret the end is that the would would actually be better off had he not lived... subject 16 references that des has a son but i doubt they will ever go anywhere with this, i think his line has ended

gyigyo
11-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I think desmond was great but i fear if ubisoft make more desmond story, ubisoft would f@k him more up lol thats why desmond is good to br dead

montagemik
11-29-2012, 07:31 PM
I was thinking today that since ac3 ended the way it did can ubisoft pull any sort of story twist where desmond had offspring?

Since desmond is so special because of his genetics I really don't see how someone else can take the mantle of protagonist if they aren't directly related to desmond? Maybe he has a kid he doesn't know about?

They can pull any kind of twist they like - Not least the idea that Abstergo took DNA samples while they had him ............CLONING anyone ??
Cliche - but not impossible for a game like this - With a character / test subject Abstergo found to be so important.

The Bartender screwing some random girl in a one night stand - equally possible.

My personal belief - Desmond's been transfered somehow , into the 1st civilisation tech within the temple .(That's what the pedestals do i believe)
Same way Juno was - It took the convergence of several bloodlines & merging of both Desmond & Clay (Subj 16) for Desmond's DNA to be potent enough to even be able to activate it.
Possible he was also able to transfer his consciousness into the tech - Juno may not have anticipated this or even considered it would be possible - She clearly had no certainty Desmond would even Activate it & release her - This was her gamble & only chance.

So i reckon Desmond is now within the tech as a digital presence (similar to subj 16 in the Animus) Waiting to guide the Assassins in the coming struggle - Or with the 1st civ tech , able to relive infinite ancestrol lives , right back to the 1st civ war . but just my own speculation .

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 10:22 PM
Wow thats pretty harsh. He wasn't a loser, he was just unsure of his purpose since the Assassin life isn't chosen, it choose you (quote from Ezio). Having the world on your shoulder then saving it by sacrificing yourself believing/ having faith that humans will stop the threat that comes with his decision(juno) is not an easy decision to make. I think Desmond chose the assassin way which is having faith in humans. He wasn't a loser by any means but thats my opinion at least.

That's just it. the assassin life wasn't chosen. nothing he did was ever a choice on his part. he just did what everyone told him to do. the one time he rebel/fought back, he got punched in the face... AND ACTUALLY DIDN"T PUNCH THAT *********** BACK! are you kidding me? that could have been a key point in his devolpement. him actually choosing something for once. him actually morphing into his own man. But throughout the WHOLE series the guy was a tool. everyone used him for their own ends. The Assassins, The Templars, and everything inbetween i guess. The only real choice he ever made was leaving the assassins the first time... to be a ********** bartender? he even left the assassin order over something stupid. its not that he simply didn't want that life for himself.... its that he actually didn't believe his parents when they told him there heritage. he thought they were crazy.... not only was that an idiotic conclusion, but it was also a weak one. The 2nd choice he made was saving his daddy... and after he saved him, the feat was degraded. william goes onto say that the people he killed weren't that important. he said that he shouldn't have come. he said it was stupid.

desmond is a loser. im not saying that because i don't like him(i do actually like him) but the devs must have intentionally made him such an obvious loser. hes whipped. he gets told what to do by everyone. the 2 choices he ever made were both stupid, while one of them was insignificant. the guy then dies saving the world... i only wished that was the case! he died choosing the lesser of 2 evils. once again his "descsion" is degraded. once again it was all apart of juno's master plan for freedom. he was ONCE AGAIN proven a pawn, a useful tool.

im sorry... but desmond is one of the most heroic losers i've ever seen
thats why i think hes a loser. just my opinion

DJJaines
11-29-2012, 10:40 PM
They can pull any kind of twist they like - Not least the idea that Abstergo took DNA samples while they had him ............CLONING anyone ??
Cliche - but not impossible for a game like this - With a character / test subject Abstergo found to be so important.

The Bartender screwing some random girl in a one night stand - equally possible.

My personal belief - Desmond's been transfered somehow , into the 1st civilisation tech within the temple .(That's what the pedestals do i believe)
Same way Juno was - It took the convergence of several bloodlines & merging of both Desmond & Clay (Subj 16) for Desmond's DNA to be potent enough to even be able to activate it.
Possible he was also able to transfer his consciousness into the tech - Juno may not have anticipated this or even considered it would be possible - She clearly had no certainty Desmond would even Activate it & release her - This was her gamble & only chance.

So i reckon Desmond is now within the tech as a digital presence (similar to subj 16 in the Animus) Waiting to guide the Assassins in the coming struggle - Or with the 1st civ tech , able to relive infinite ancestrol lives , right back to the 1st civ war . but just my own speculation .

To the OP, the above theory resonates a fair bit to me. However, (spoiler) playing the MP storyline, it also occurs to me that anyone of the people playing with Abstergos Animus Entertainment software could become a new main character. The pivot hacking post-game seem to be saying Connor's memories at least if not Desmond's (which by association include Altair, Ezio and Connor) are in cyberspace just waiting to latch on to a 'special' player.

Iamsosobad
11-29-2012, 11:08 PM

I think a lot of people on these forums are probably way closer than Desmond to being the epitome of a loser, haha. But anyway, Desmond might have been "the chosen one" to save the world, because of his high levels of First Civ blood in his DNA.But that doesn't mean that being "the chosen one" is necessary to being a protagonist in the future games.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 12:52 AM
So no one ever brought up that Desmond memory in Revelations ? Where he`s at the bar and a girl seduces him and he`s like "Let it go, Desmond"

I`m sure he got laid.... xD

montagemik
11-30-2012, 03:25 AM
So no one ever brought up that Desmond memory in Revelations ? Where he`s at the bar and a girl seduces him and he`s like "Let it go, Desmond"

I`m sure he got laid.... xD

I mentioned the Bartender / Girl angle on page 1 of this thread 'M' ............I actually pay attention to the story .

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 03:29 AM
I mentioned the Bartender / Girl angle on page 1 of this thread 'M' ............I actually pay attention to the story .
You did ?? Hmm....You are Superior :O :P

DJJaines
11-30-2012, 09:20 AM
So would the next episode be like 16/17 years ahead? 'Cos the kid would only be a few years now wouldn't it?

montagemik
11-30-2012, 05:12 PM
So would the next episode be like 16/17 years ahead? 'Cos the kid would only be a few years now wouldn't it?

The next AC or sequel Doesn't even really need Desmond's bloodline to be honest - The story isn't tied down to that single plot point anymore .

DJJaines
11-30-2012, 10:09 PM
This is true. Kind f want next year to hurry along now to find out haha.

Stoofpot
11-30-2012, 11:34 PM
It doesn't need to be Desmond's bloodline no, but I would sure like to find out some more about his kid, 16 said he had a son in brotherhood, and then there was this girl at the bar. So it's highly possible he has one, he just doesn't know it. In that case his bloodline didn't end

montagemik
11-30-2012, 11:57 PM
It doesn't need to be Desmond's bloodline no, but I would sure like to find out some more about his kid, 16 said he had a son in brotherhood, and then there was this girl at the bar. So it's highly possible he has one, he just doesn't know it. In that case his bloodline didn't end

Yep it is possible .

16 said "the sun" "Your son" ..........as he was defragmenting .....This could've been just random bits of information from his already damaged consciousness . OR a clue to future events ??
Subject 16 was the ancestor of Darim - Altairs SON - Desmond was the ancestor of Altair.
When 16 thanked Desmond , this could've been his way of saying Goodbye to what he perceived as his Father figure - 16's real father was an *** by all accounts.
So the memories of Altair /Desmond as a father figure may have been a much better role model for him than he ever actually had. Something hinted in 16's letter to his family.

Assassin_M
11-30-2012, 11:59 PM
Subject 16 was the ancestor of Darim - Altairs SON - Desmond was the ancestor of Altair.

0_o ??

rupok2
12-01-2012, 01:16 AM
Yep it is possible .

16 said "the sun" "Your son" ..........as he was defragmenting .....This could've been just random bits of information from his already damaged consciousness . OR a clue to future events ??
When 16 thanked Desmond , this could've been his way of saying Goodbye to what he perceived as his Father figure - 16's real father was an *** by all accounts.
So the memories of Altair /Desmond as a father figure may have been a much better role model for him than he ever actually had. Something hinted in 16's letter to his family.

I think its supposed to be other way around but I get what you mean. Altair is the ancestor of subj 16 and desmond not the other way.

But ya if Ubi do use the son of desmond angle they better make it believable and not pull it out of their ***.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 01:55 AM
Uh Hello ?? No one ever said that Altair was Clay`s Ancestor..

People assumed he was since we were all under the assumption that Ezio and Altair are related, but now that that`s been clarified and no one ever said that Altair is anyone`s ancestor but Desmond`s then No, Altair is not Clay`s Ancestor..

Farlander1991
12-01-2012, 02:25 AM
So... you want to say that it's just a coincidence that Darim looks exactly like Clay?

Plus, although I may be wrong on this particular one, but I think it was mentioned somewhere in AC1 that Subject 16 was reliving Altair's memories. But even if I am wrong on this one, Darim looks exactly like Clay :p Which is pretty much Ubisoft's way of saying 'Yeah, this is this person's ancestor'.

Kaschra
12-01-2012, 02:32 AM
They look kinda similar, but not exactly like each other. It's not even know if Darim ever had children.
As far as I recall, it was never stated in AC1 which ancestor Clay was reliving.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 02:33 AM
So... you want to say that it's just a coincidence that Darim looks exactly like Clay?

Plus, although I may be wrong on this particular one, but I think it was mentioned somewhere in AC1 that Subject 16 was reliving Altair's memories. But even if I am wrong on this one, Darim looks exactly like Clay :p Which is pretty much Ubisoft's way of saying 'Yeah, this is this person's ancestor'.
What ?? No he doesn't look like Clay...That`s just you

And i`m dealing with facts, Till now, we`v had no indication that Desmond shares any other Ancestor other than Ezio with Clay ..

montagemik
12-01-2012, 02:46 AM
I think its supposed to be other way around but I get what you mean. Altair is the ancestor of subj 16 and desmond not the other way.

But ya if Ubi do use the son of desmond angle they better make it believable and not pull it out of their ***.

Desmond (subj 17) looks almost identical to Altair
Clay (subj 16) looks almost identical to Darim
http://i819.photobucket.com/albums/zz113/montagemik/DARIM-SUBJ16.jpg

Feel free to go & check their images throughout the Game series.
When 16 thanked Desmond in AC-R Conclusion , this could've been his way of saying Goodbye to what he perceived as his Father figure - It was just too reminiscent of Darims Farewell to Altair to be yet another coincidence..
16's real father was an *** by all accounts.
So the memories of Altair /Desmond as a father figure may have been a much better role model for Clay than he ever actually had.
Something hinted in 16's letter to his family.

Assassin_M
12-01-2012, 02:51 AM
This feels familiar...

Almualim and Vidic anyone ?? Oh and we know how that turned out

montagemik
12-01-2012, 03:11 AM
This feels familiar...

Almualim and Vidic anyone ?? Oh and we know how that turned out

I might agree - If i'd ever thought that was the case.