PDA

View Full Version : 2 goofy changes to single player campaign.

Dirtyhonkie
11-29-2012, 08:13 AM
The first one is animal attacks , for me hit the buttons that it indicates needed and still get ate up by wolves (or bears) , the bears seems more legit to be killed by even though I hit what is asked.

But the really stupid change is counter killing. Someone please tell me the secret to blocking and performing a counter kill now. I try to perform it just as I have thousands (literally thousands) of times in all the AC titles I own, and it only works maybe 5% of the time. I also hit them at almost the same time leading with the block button , it seems to work more successfully at times. He blocks fine but counter kills very little. With Ezio I could kill 100's of enemies in a row. I wouldent even run when my cover was blown I would just kill as many as would come as if I was Bruce Lee in Enter the Dragon. Is Conner just not as good at brutal fighting as Ezio Auditore ? Just seems like Conner is built to run from his enemies and Ezio is built to be ran from by enemies.

Maybe that is what Ubi went for in this game which is fine but I'm more curious if blocking and counter killing has just changed and I am just not doing it right. I used to just walk up and pick fights with the toughest enemies such as Janisaries with Ezio just because I enjoyed watching his killing blows and animations. (Especially when he punched and discharged the gun at same time with same hand ). Now with this Redskin I have to run lol. Anyone else notice the difference?

Scystab
11-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Ubi didn't make Connor a lamer fighter than Ezio, they just made the whole game more REAL regarding the physicalities :) In my opinion Connor is a much more brutal and epic fighter than all of our previous protagonists put together.

The kill chains still work, they are just harder to execute and have a low chance of success agains certain types of enemy (those big kilt wearing nancys for example). It is also harder because you will usually get stopped in the middle of an execution if you are fighting a larger number of enemies, because they won't wait to attack like the allways did in previous games.

You block with E and counter kill with LMB, then continue your streak either with LMB or Q, but i guess you already knew that.
Also, Ubisoft stated several times during the game presentations that because the made the fights more real and toughter you will be forced to make a run for it. Personally i like it. In AC3 I died during combat more times in just two days than i ever did in AC1---->ACR

As for the animal atacks, i had the same problem the first day, but now i got the hang of it and i don't get run over by the animals. You will see for yourself.

Hope you start enjoying it soon
/Scy

GuZZ33
11-29-2012, 09:50 AM
You just have to be cool calm and execute the button or keyboard commands when prompted to, nice and easy when you take control. I use a wireless controller and when a wolf or bear attacks or an elk the first button prompt is often B followed by X or Y. In combat with the heavy weight soldiers i usually press B then A then X, pressing A will sometimes disarm them or trip them up, it's hitting the keys just at the right time so timing is crucial but stay cool and calm and you should breaze through takedowns, i struggled at first because i panicked when loads of soldiers atttack, but know i can't wait or i go looking for a fight just for the fun of it, hahaha!.

Dirtyhonkie
11-29-2012, 10:34 AM
I'm doing really well and it's prolly the funnest game I ever played , and I'm up to sequence 10 or 11, but I hate running from um lol. And like the fella above said I have died more in this one then any other lol. On well it's just a different game then the rest of the AC titles and I guess you have to run from the redcoats terrible dental health rather then knocking out roman teeth by the 1000's :-) And the one fella was right the animal fights start getting easier I actually won a wrestling match with an elk after I started this post :-)

Guess it's just a different speed this time rather then balls to the wall killing. Thanks for the input peeps :-)

eadghe78
11-29-2012, 11:05 AM
don't hold the block key, just tab it once the red attack icon appears over an enemy and then hit the attack key to do a counter. works very well imo. you can't counter-kill all enemies though, for instance the Scottish guys, you need to hit "break defense" after blocking and then you can attack normally for a few seconds.

SixKeys
11-29-2012, 11:15 AM
Best strategy against the Scottish axmen is to wait until they swing at you (when a yellow arrow appears above their heads), then hit E to roll out of the way and LBM to strike at them when they're still recovering from the swing. Another option is to press Space instead of E when they attack, this will knock them back (about 80% of the time).

Tsuzukie
11-30-2012, 03:46 AM
don't hold the block key, just tab it once the red attack icon appears over an enemy and then hit the attack key to do a counter. works very well imo. you can't counter-kill all enemies though, for instance the Scottish guys, you need to hit "break defense" after blocking and then you can attack normally for a few seconds.
Yeah that's what I do too...with the guys that tend to punch you in the face after you block try to disarm them with the space key... Then wack um when they don't have their weapon. Is that the same as the break defense? Probably