PDA

View Full Version : Server outage broke a bunch of stuff?

Troon26
11-29-2012, 05:53 AM
Last night, I was told immediately after winning an FFA match (before the accolades/scores appeared) that the server was not available and that "Limited Mode" was activated. I presumably didn't gain any abstergo score for the match, which is of course understandable if the server goes down. I took the opportunity to get some extra sleep before work today.

What isn't understandable is what I encountered when I logged back in tonight:

First, every customization for every character has been reset to defaults. My purchased items appear to be intact, but I'll have to go through and reassign every costume, style, move, and weapon, then hope it doesn't just happen again.

Second, and probably more disturbing, I lost somewhere between 300 and 350 abstergo score, when I haven't played yet since my in-game victory celebration was interrupted last night.

What gives?

Relicsbane
11-29-2012, 06:22 AM
Had the same happen to me. It took a good half hour to resort everything back to the way that I had it. :(

Hastatus_Atratus
11-29-2012, 09:27 AM
Character customization is seriously broken in this game. Whenever you disconnect everything is reset. It is easy to verify by unplugging the ethernet cable from your system. It resets everything to default everytime. I don't understand where this information is stored; I guess it has something to do with that cloud garbage they're on about these days. Ever notice when you go to characters it takes a long time to load up for each individual character? I don't think the data is stored locally. I guess when you log on the data is transferred from the cloud to your system, and when you disconnect your system never had a chance to put it back, but the local files must get erased everytime you log out (extreme DRM since you need to spend credits on all this stuff?). Seriously, I don't understand it and am only guessing, but the data seems to evaporate into nothing and get erased so easily. When such tiny data is lost so easily, it makes me think clouds should be avoided or there could be huge disasters where more sensitive data is concerned.

PurinxPop
11-29-2012, 03:23 PM
Yeah, this happened to me too. After I got a really high score in Deatmatch yesterday, I got disconnected. All my customizations were reset. This occured again later. The way the customization data is stored needs to be fixed. I don't think this problem happened pre-patch.

Citizen War
11-29-2012, 05:13 PM
Same thing happened to me... At 10th place so 300 lost points is rough!!!