PDA

View Full Version : Xbox controller for PC version

whynotcanada
11-29-2012, 03:50 AM
I've been using a wired xbox 360 controller to play AC3 and throughout the game I've been frustrated in not being able to switch from free-running to just normal walking to be able to sneak up on enemies.

I'm now at a point where I can't finish my mission unless I decide to play with my keyboard.

After all the talk from Ubisoft saying the game is best played with a controller it seems the pc version has lots of troubles even with a xbox 360 controller.

The only way I found to switch from free-running to walking is by unplugging the controller and then re-plugging it.

Is there anyway to fix this problem?

cmrggamer
11-29-2012, 04:21 AM
Wait, do you mean that you can't move him with the analog stick? Because that's for walking...or do you mean that you can't make him free run by holding RT?

whynotcanada
11-29-2012, 06:25 AM
I mean once I hit RT its almost impossible for Connor not to free-run no matter if I just wait and not touch the controller.

Secu12
11-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Since with this game Ubisoft deiced to enter free-running sequence by pressing LS (left stick) + RT (high profile button). Until now it was LS+RT+A (legs button). I guess here resides your problem.

whynotcanada
11-29-2012, 07:47 AM
nope unfortunately however I try to enter or exit free-running i.e just by moving the L stick and not pressing RT I'm always running ( not at full speed ) but whenever I'm close to an object Connor always tries to climb it, which makes it awkward when trying to open a door and especially when sneaking up on enemies.

this does not happen on keyboard and mouse.

Not a big issue maybe it's because I'm using a wired controller and AC3 default settings for xbox 360 controllers is set for wireless controllers only.