PDA

View Full Version : assins lll I cannot kill the wolfes

bhhardgr
11-29-2012, 03:11 AM
The first set of wolfes I cannot kill... I will push the E key then the SPACE or the Q or the LEFT mouse depending on which command comes up. I think maybe once I killed the first wolfe one time.. I am on my second day now on this section.. about ready to put in garbage........Any help would be great.thanks so much...Bill

YazX_
11-29-2012, 04:00 AM
yah happened to many in oak island, im not sure whats your location (frontier or oak island) but climb a tree, use poison darts or any ranged weapon. its a glitch when the slow motion to press a key gets very fast so no matter what you pressed, you will not succeed.

cmrggamer
11-29-2012, 04:20 AM
I think he's stuck on the sequence with Haytham...which you cannot skip. You basically are just going to have to try your best to hit the button as soon as it pops up. Press it once, unless they are attacking you in which you'll need to press it repeatedly.

Good luck!

Lemonh
11-29-2012, 10:39 AM
I think he's stuck on the sequence with Haytham...which you cannot skip. You basically are just going to have to try your best to hit the button as soon as it pops up. Press it once, unless they are attacking you in which you'll need to press it repeatedly.

Good luck!

If you're stuck in the Haytham sequence, youre have the pistol, just stay calm and shoot the fist wolf attacking you, reload at your position, search the next wolf shoot hin - reload find the next one - reload and then go on with the quest.

Dellers
11-29-2012, 11:09 AM
As I don't have any problem fighting wolves I guess that you're either super slow or have a computer specific bug. Computer specific bugs are quite common in general, especially when it comes to ports from consoles.

bhhardgr
12-01-2012, 08:22 PM
As I don't have any problem fighting wolves I guess that you're either super slow or have a computer specific bug. Computer specific bugs are quite common in general, especially when it comes to ports from consoles.

I did it instead of waiting for the E key command as soon as the wolf starts to come at me I hit the E and then the other key command and the wolf is dead...Some type of command key issue

AelxProter
12-03-2012, 08:19 AM
The wolves are possibly the dumbest thing in any game i've seen so far. Connor could probably kill you with a spoon, but he can't just attack a wolf...

Roanark
12-03-2012, 08:25 AM
Which part?
The last Captain Kidd mission on... Oak Island? Is pretty much impossible, the time frame for the button is so fast you literally have to know it before they jump at you.
Throughout the rest of the entire game it's easy, and if you can't do it... Well, I'm not going to be too insulting... But basically you should probably give up.

On oak island the best thing you can do is jump on the tree stump near-by and try to air assassinate, you will fail and jump where they were but if they don't instantly run off you can attack.
Or, now that I think about it, set up the mines, those shouldn't count as long range kills.

cmrggamer
12-03-2012, 03:28 PM
Which part?
The last Captain Kidd mission on... Oak Island? Is pretty much impossible, the time frame for the button is so fast you literally have to know it before they jump at you.
Throughout the rest of the entire game it's easy, and if you can't do it... Well, I'm not going to be too insulting... But basically you should probably give up.

On oak island the best thing you can do is jump on the tree stump near-by and try to air assassinate, you will fail and jump where they were but if they don't instantly run off you can attack.
Or, now that I think about it, set up the mines, those shouldn't count as long range kills.

The mines don't count as long range kills :)

MT4K
12-03-2012, 03:54 PM
The oak island wolves aren't that bad.... They require you to be faster that's all and it can take a couple attempts. Just go practice on regular wolves for awhile and improve your reaction time to the button prompts. The problem is people get too comfortable with the current slow reaction needed for all the animals and then suddenly getting these quick-fire ones thrown at you can be a bit of a nuisance.

In my opinion all the QTE for all animals should have been as hard as those oak island wolves because right now the normal QTEs are ridiculously easy. Although saying that. I'm not a fan of QTE in games in general and dislike the whole QTE concept anyway and would happily see it removed entirely.

YazX_
12-12-2012, 05:48 PM
The oak island wolves aren't that bad.... They require you to be faster that's all and it can take a couple attempts. Just go practice on regular wolves for awhile and improve your reaction time to the button prompts. The problem is people get too comfortable with the current slow reaction needed for all the animals and then suddenly getting these quick-fire ones thrown at you can be a bit of a nuisance.

In my opinion all the QTE for all animals should have been as hard as those oak island wolves because right now the normal QTEs are ridiculously easy. Although saying that. I'm not a fan of QTE in games in general and dislike the whole QTE concept anyway and would happily see it removed entirely.

Its nearly impossible in Oak island to kill the wolves unless if you know the key to press or just press the keys at random by chance without looking at the screen prompt, you should press the Action Key + E/Space/Left Click almost at the same time, other than this you will never get them. I used the bug in the game to shoot them with poison darts and got full Sync, most of ppl did that to overcome this. in the 100000 attempt before poison darts i killed two wolves by chance by pressing E, but the third one needed space and failed to do it.

However, i do agree the QTE is slow but also the drain of your health after being attack if failed to counter is very fast, both need tweaking and i would also agree if they removed them and made it the same concept as fighting, just press any button of your choice after pressing the Action Key to counter and each will do a different action.

bclarg
03-14-2014, 06:20 PM

and you are either super arrogant or fail to understand how to answer others in need of help. A simple explanation would be in order. What keys did u press and when? Doing the sequence when the game shows them is fatal. Be nice if it was explained ahead of time how to kill the wolves.

jeffies04
03-14-2014, 07:12 PM
You also might be having some input lag. How does the game run for you? You could consider turning it down to minimum graphics settings and then trying, then once you get through that sequence you can turn them back up to your liking.

(edit) PS-- I sometimes have trouble on this one during replays, too, especially since one of the optional constraints is maintain XX health. Don't be frustrated with yourself... try my idea in case you're having input lag.

rcole_sooner
03-14-2014, 08:46 PM
There is a slanted tree to get on between wolf attacks too.

bclarg
03-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Jeff, thx! Actually I finally realized that it was not the same sequence each time but rather after I pressed "E" I then had two tenths of a second to press the next correct key! Wrong key - dead. Too slow - dead. Miss it - dead.

Lignjoslav
03-18-2014, 01:32 AM
What I think I did was use a hiding spot (I think that there was a pile of leaves). Then when the wolves got near (I might have done something to attract them, I don't quite remember), I'd jump out of the hiding place and stab one with the hidden blade, then hide again.

Otherwise, I just wasn't fast enough. I tried smoking them, air assassinating them... anything I could think of, and then I finally googled and found that tip somewhere and it worked.

jeffies04
03-18-2014, 08:41 PM
Jeff, thx! Actually I finally realized that it was not the same sequence each time but rather after I pressed "E" I then had two tenths of a second to press the next correct key! Wrong key - dead. Too slow - dead. Miss it - dead.

Yes, this tricks me from time to time still too. They use a similar quicktime event for the sharks in AC4, but it's not as sensitive I think.

jeffies04
03-18-2014, 08:43 PM
What I think I did was use a hiding spot (I think that there was a pile of leaves). Then when the wolves got near (I might have done something to attract them, I don't quite remember), I'd jump out of the hiding place and stab one with the hidden blade, then hide again.

Otherwise, I just wasn't fast enough. I tried smoking them, air assassinating them... anything I could think of, and then I finally googled and found that tip somewhere and it worked.

One thing I liked when hunting Jaguars in AC4 was that if I hid in a bush and whistled, the animal would come over like people do. Not sure if it was the same in AC3 because there was bait, but it's useful.