PDA

View Full Version : Bosses *SPOILERS*

PJ_28
11-29-2012, 03:01 AM
The "boss missions" in AC series are really fun, like the mission where you assassinate, William Johnson, or John Pitcairn, or Cesare Borgia in ACB. Why didn't they make the Haytham and Lee missions like those. Would have been nice to dig my tomahawk deep into their chest cavity, but instead you get those lame-*** fight and chase, and then press square...

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Because reasons...

Vex_Assassin
11-29-2012, 03:47 AM
I loved the Haytham fight and I also really liked the way we killed Lee in that tavern. Also, why make all the boss fights the same? Some diversity is good.

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 04:09 AM
I loved the Haytham fight and I also really liked the way we killed Lee in that tavern. Also, why make all the boss fights the same? Some diversity is good.
Diversity is a good word.

PJ_28
11-29-2012, 10:15 AM
I totally agree, a little diversity to keep it fresh. But, I dunno, maybe sometimes a good old-fashioned boss fight is just what you need. Just felt anticlimactic somehow, those missions I mean...

scooper121s
11-29-2012, 10:39 AM
I totally agree, a little diversity to keep it fresh. But, I dunno, maybe sometimes a good old-fashioned boss fight is just what you need. Just felt anticlimactic somehow, those missions I mean...
SPOILERS

Actually those moments were the best in AC3, looking at charles, him offering you a drink, knowing his time has come

montagemik
11-29-2012, 10:46 AM
I Like the way long term members disregard the NO SPOILERS rule by stating the endings in multiple thread topics. :cool:

scooper121s
11-29-2012, 10:48 AM
I Like the way long term members disregard the NO SPOILERS rule by stating the endings in multiple thread topics. :cool:
PJ or me?

montagemik
11-29-2012, 10:49 AM
PJ or me?

Pretty much all of us at some point . :nonchalance:

scooper121s
11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Pretty much all of us at some point . :nonchalance:
I should edit my post with a spoler warning

montagemik
11-29-2012, 10:58 AM
I should edit my post with a spoler warning

Hey - we all do it . You'd think the text script would actually Have a Spoiler option like most forums really.

LightRey
11-29-2012, 12:26 PM
Tbh, I agree with the OP here. The only real assassinations in this game are those of Johnson and Pitcairn. That's less than in ACB and ACR, which is preposterous. All this planning and infiltrating and all you get to do is chase a few guys and throw one against a few barrels? I'm sorry, but to me it all felt rather boring and anticlimactic.

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 12:49 PM
i got a kick out of the connor story end, lee kinda felt like doctor evil at the end... "im just gunna let my dumbest henchmen take care of you in a totally escape-able scenario while i walk away... then act totally surprised when you escape and catch me "

but i get what you all mean about having no choice in how you kill most of the targets in this game... but they are also much more cinematic than in previous games

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
i got a kick out of the connor story end, lee kinda felt like doctor evil at the end... "im just gunna let my dumbest henchmen take care of you in a totally escape-able scenario while i walk away... then act totally surprised when you escape and catch me "

but i get what you all mean about having no choice in how you kill most of the targets in this game... but they are also much more cinematic than in previous games
Too Cinematic...3 Assassinations end with "Press Square" ?? Damm that was a bad decision..

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 01:06 PM
they have been doing that since Ac2, and you just start complaining NOW? if you want every boss to be a fight, play bloodlines for the PSP/vita... you will see how boring it is to have to kill every single boss the same way in an ac game

but i do get you thou...AC is becoming more QTE movie and less videogame, most of the combat has been so simplified that there is no challenge or variety to it anymore, it forces you to play defensively where as before you could fight any number of ways and fare just as well

SaintPerkele
11-29-2012, 02:27 PM
they have been doing that since Ac2, and you just start complaining NOW? if you want every boss to be a fight, play bloodlines for the PSP/vita... you will see how boring it is to have to kill every single boss the same way in an ac game

but i do get you thou...AC is becoming more QTE movie and less videogame, most of the combat has been so simplified that there is no challenge or variety to it anymore, it forces you to play defensively where as before you could fight any number of ways and fare just as well
OP isn't saying you should fight them. He just wants the assassinations to take place outside of a cutscene.

And to be honest, I agree with him here. I loved ACIII, but that just annoyed me.

SPOILERS

Assassinating Pitcairn and Johnson was great fun and typical AC moments. Silas was quite good too, Braddock at least decent (it was just a chase, but at least we got to assassinate him). I don't understand why the developers decided to go with cutscenes in case of the other ones - for the dialogue? That's what the memory corridor is for (btw, I was quite sad that we didn't get a memory corridor scene with Vidic or Cross).
It makes sense in case of Biddle and Hickey, as a "stealth" assassination on a ship or with the target trying to kill George Washington in the middle of a public square would not have been possible. But Haytham, Lee and Church? Why just cutscenes? At least a decent fight against Haytham (or finding him in the fort instead of just lighting a fire). And Lee.. I liked the final cutscene, but the chase was not enough in my opinion. The last assassination was always fantastic in all AC games (well, apart from ACR, but that was not really an assassination) and did always take place in a special setting (Arsuf in ACI, Rome in ACII and Span in ACIII). And Church.. Another ship assassination? Historically, he left Boston by ship and was never seen again, so the assassination could have taken place literally everywhere - instead it's just a shipcutscene. Same goes for Kanen'tó:kon, no need for a cutscene only.

Having finished ACIII yesterday, I have the feeling that the game was getting better and better up to the moment where Connor and Haytham go to the NY brewery (having played to that point, ACIII was easily the best AC for me yet). From that moment, it is actually very anticlimatic, no real assassinations anymore, mainly cutscenes and cinematic interactive 'Michael Bay'-scenes (like the fire in the brewery). And then the Abstergo-Desmond-sequence.. so much wasted potential.

Anyway, I'm digressing. Yes OP, I agree with you. We had enough targets, but not enough assassinations.

UrDeviant1
11-29-2012, 02:39 PM
After defeating Haytham I have an all new appreciation for barrels XD Johnson and Pitcairn were so much fun to assassinate trying to remain undetected, looking for the best route to get at your target Is part of the fun. Shame there were only two Instances where you could do this. Heck, even Silas took more planning to get at than Haytham and Lee.

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 03:13 PM
I loved the final meeting with Conner and and Charles Lee was my favorite - i loved the way Lee offered Connor a peace offering as he knew that it was going to be his last breath it was like a cross between an old gentlemans agreement and making peace with god !!

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 03:52 PM
im surprised there is no petition yet for them to add speech or a lee confession to that final scene... *runs off to make one*

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 05:31 PM
im surprised there is no petition yet for them to add speech or a lee confession to that final scene... *runs off to make one*

Come to think of it there aint no final speech of testiment ?? still didnt make any difference to the overall experience for me, i liked the expression on his face it told you everything.

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 05:40 PM
Come to think of it there aint no final speech of testiment ?? still didnt make any difference to the overall experience for me, i liked the expression on his face it told you everything.

yeah and i dont think that either one had anything TO say anyhow... it was not a Templar and assassin at that table, it was personal

MasterAssasin84
11-29-2012, 05:51 PM
yeah and i dont think that either one had anything TO say anyhow... it was not a Templar and assassin at that table, it was personal

I dissagree with Assassin Bit because Connor knew he had to die but i think he let his own personal vendetta take control of his emotions.

PJ_28
11-30-2012, 03:00 AM
I just feel they had a lot of potential, that's all. Especially Haytham.
For example:
(Note: I'm NOT saying the devs should put this in the game, or that it would have been better or anything, I'm just using an example to explain my point.)

!!!!SPOILERS!!!!

Boss battle:
Target: -Haytham Kenway - templar with assassin skills.
Setting: -Any small part of NY or Boston, or a different small city entirely(like Viana in AC:B).
Boss skills: -High HP
-Social stealth(Blending, hiding, etc.)
-Parkour
-Stealth assassination
-Combat(he could be as difficult to fight as captains+grenadiers combined on steroids)
Gameplay: You look for Haytham in the city, but he's blending, so you have to use eagle vision, you can assassinate him if you don't get detected. But you just can't walk around in the open because if haytham finds you FIRST, he can assassinate you, so you also have to use stealth. But if you see him while he's approaching you(or vice versa), you go into open combat mode. If he manages to "stagger" you or something, he'll run away(parkour) and try to hide, you chase him, if your too slow he hides again, if not then you fight again. So either you kill him in open combat by chipping away his HP, or you manage to assassinate him if you don't get detected.

Sorry, if it's a little bit incoherent. Just something I thought of. Again, this is just an example, NOT a suggestion. This could actually be completely impossible for the current technology of consoles.

Dangerzone50
11-30-2012, 08:34 AM
I was actually kinda suprised that they saved lee for the last bad buy and not haythem... it was kinda interesting and made a lot of sense, but i was kinda hoping for a scene like the end of return of the jedi, with an epic force battle between darth kenway and jedi knight connor