PDA

View Full Version : What controls are important for the 109?

Schmidtty1VB
03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Yes I am noob. I am in the process of setting up my HOTAS configuration and need to know what controls are important for the 109? I know trim elevator, flaps and trim rudder. Do I need to worry about magneto, cowl flaps or supercharger? Any help would be great. Thanks

Schmidtty1VB
03-10-2004, 10:11 AM
Yes I am noob. I am in the process of setting up my HOTAS configuration and need to know what controls are important for the 109? I know trim elevator, flaps and trim rudder. Do I need to worry about magneto, cowl flaps or supercharger? Any help would be great. Thanks

TugZooey
03-10-2004, 10:21 AM
I could be wrong, but I don't think you can trim the rudders or the aileron, just the elevator (somebody will pipe in for sure).

Radiator is a must IMO.

I also believe the superchargers are automatic, so no need to set the stages.

Pitch is good to set since you have the option of using automatic or manual.

But, with all that said, I still map nearly every command to the stick & throttle and I mainly fly 109s.

I don't think you need the magnetos, however.

Chuck_Older
03-10-2004, 10:24 AM
Hiya.
Magneto- you won't be using this whilst flying around. You can leave it on the keyboard. In fact, if you choose 'engine autostart' (I beleive it's default keystroke commad is "I"), you needen't worry about mags at all.

Cowl flaps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Not on a '109, you won't need to worry. Radiator 'flaps', yes. A more open radiator flap will cool your engine more efficinetly, at the cost of drag (less speed and acceleration), and also with an adverse effect on trim

Supercharger- nope, don't worry about it on a '109. I am no '109 expert, but unless I am mistaken, you only have one speed on the supercharger anyway.

When you fly other aircraft, you will need to worry about some of these things, particularly supercharger speed.

Wave bub-bub-bub-bye to the boss, it's your profit, it's his loss~ Clash