PDA

View Full Version : Assassins creed 1 needed for the follow ups?

poppachiko
11-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Hello everyone,

I am kind of new to the Assassins Creed series, since I started playing Assassins Creed 2 I've been kinda liking these games.

I started playing Assassins Creed 1, until I finsihed 50% of the game.... it was getting to boring, doing the same things over and over. Now the second game is indeed kind of different and it has a whole other story line as 1 had, but now, as I progress my savings in the game there comes alot cut scenes and story telling moments focussed on the first game, I do know some of it, but not all..

Is it really that necessary to finish Assassins Creed 1 before going any further?

stingray10
11-28-2012, 11:03 PM
No, it's not. Maybe if you were to look up online the basic story of the game, maybe on youtube as well, you will be bang up to date. In assassin's creed 3 anyway, there is a short introduction to the game. I recommend you play Assassin's creed 2 and Brotherhood. MAny people have problems with revelations but i love it. By the time you have completed them, AC3 will be down in price. Oh and In brotherhood aadn revelations you can skip the cut scenes, i do, i find it boring as well!

ace3001
11-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Not really. It's got a great story, but the game itself is kind of a repetitive mess. Back when it came out, it was phenomenal, but now that better AC games are out, AC1 kinda pales in comparison, unless you're wearing rosy goggles of nostalgia. :p

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:15 AM
You have AC I ??

Finish it then

Rogue-Eaglet
11-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Not really. It's got a great story, but the game itself is kind of a repetitive mess. Back when it came out, it was phenomenal, but now that better AC games are out, AC1 kinda pales in comparison, unless you're wearing rosy goggles of nostalgia. :p They're not goggles and my glasses are more on the purple side :p

On topic, yes and no. It all depends on who you're asking and whether you want to experience the whole story on your own. If you have no trouble with the idea of reading it, then follow Stingray's suggestion. The Assassin's Creed Wikia will suffice in putting you up-to-date. Youtube videos is another solution, I'm sure you can find all the cutscenes on there - you might just need to fast-forward through the gameplay portions due to them being walkthroughs.

Personally, I'd second M in finishing it, but I also see where it might seem tedious. So in that case, I'd skim through the major highlights of the game to give me a foundation for the rest of the franchise - really in this case, Desmond's story is the major piece/connection to ACII - and play AC1 on the sideline. We all have those games where we pop it in the console to mess around with when none of the big titles interest us or we're currently raging/need a break from right?

poppachiko
11-29-2012, 03:22 PM
WEll thanks, might just catch up with the 2 + series, but aint going back to 1 than :P...

ProGamerX56
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Assassin's Creed One had a single major falldown. The missions are identical and if you go back 2 the game after you complete it, it resets your data :mad:. Anyway, if you wish to catch up you can get the games cheap on eBay. Not that I trust many of the sellers there.

kuled2012
12-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Back when AC1 came out, to me it was something unique to video games, open world parkour...incredible, obviously new gamers are spoilt with AC2 and the others but when AC1 came out I fell in love with the Series. To answer OP's question, no. But I think it's the most story driven of the series so far.

Gi1t
12-10-2012, 06:07 PM
Hello everyone,

I am kind of new to the Assassins Creed series, since I started playing Assassins Creed 2 I've been kinda liking these games.

I started playing Assassins Creed 1, until I finsihed 50% of the game.... it was getting to boring, doing the same things over and over. Now the second game is indeed kind of different and it has a whole other story line as 1 had, but now, as I progress my savings in the game there comes alot cut scenes and story telling moments focussed on the first game, I do know some of it, but not all..

Is it really that necessary to finish Assassins Creed 1 before going any further?

Normally I'd say don't start without playing part 1 first, but it sounds like it's too late. -__- It's usually not a good idea to start a series from part two or three, though there are exceptions.

Ultimately though, what you'd get out of the first game is a lot of story information and context, and if you were interested in the story enough at this point to enjoy that, you probably wouldn't need to ask. However, since you already have the game, you might as well finish it some day, but you don't need to rush through it if you're dying to play a later game in the series. Who knows, maybe it'll be more interesting for you after you've gone further ahead.