PDA

View Full Version : Cd-key got region locked, got a new one but how do I replace it?

Ninami2525
11-28-2012, 09:53 PM
So I was one of many victims where the cd-key got region-locked and mine got locked to Russia and since I don't live there I can't play.

But I contacted the seller and was nice enough to give me a new one (EU). The problem is, how the hell do I replace my old cd-key with my new one? I mean I was able to play for hours before the region-lock so if I uninstall the game and re-install I will lose all my savegame?! And there's no "Enter cd-key" option anywhere so what am I suppose to do now?

I had to wait 5 days for a replacement key and now when I finally got it, I can't even use it... I played at launch day but haven't touched it since -.-

Please, if anyone know know a solution, help :(

Ninami2525
11-28-2012, 11:19 PM
A reply from Ubisoft Support would be nice because I know for a fact that I'm not the only one having this problem.

Anykeyer
11-29-2012, 08:01 AM
Contact them directly. They rarely browse forums, its mainly user-2-user discissions.
Interecting. So they look at IP too now? AFAIK any AC3 cdkey purchased from russian stores is also locked to russian language only. You play this game in russian?

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
11-29-2012, 01:01 PM
Hi, yes, please contact Technical Support, the link is in my signature.