PDA

View Full Version : (SPOILERS) My theories about the ending and continuation points of ACIII

DJJaines
11-28-2012, 07:44 PM
So, this is my first post on here and I just wanted to put across a few theories regarding this episode of AC. I call it an episode because I don't think the story is over in the way a trilogy should end, in fact I never though AC was a trilogy. I'm gonna split this post into sections just to order my thoughts, so here goes.

The ending
Personally, I liked it. I can see why others didn't but I felt it kept very much in keeping with the AC themes which have come before. Ie showing only what was happening where the main story was taking place and hinting at the outside world. I don't think Desmond's story is over in this, far from it, but I'll go into that further down. The ending kept to the short and sweet endings i've come to know previously. CoUld it have been longer? Yeah probably. Could it have explained more? Maybe but to be honest, much like a Russell T.Davies episode of Dr Who I think that would have ruined it for further episodes/series.

Desmond
I've seen a lot of posts here that say Desmond is dead, but until the next AC comes out I'm having a bit of doubt regarding this. Firstly, the build up in the Desmond story so far means it would be a bit foolish just to toss the character aside. For those who say everything he did was for nought, I don't agree, it's often hinted it, if not outright explained that he was a puppet of TWCB in a way, but whether he was a willing puppet or not I don't know, more on those guys below. I think it's entirely plausible that Desmond just slipped into another coma, much like at the beginning of the game, it's also possible he exchanged places with Juno and will appear to next gen assassins through her machine, or that she took his memories/"soul(?) with her to help find other first civ artefacts.

Connor
Definitely a bit more to go with this one, Iiked the character development through the story, although at times it did go a bit too fast and not much actually changed... so far. I definitely think Connor has a lot more to lose in the story and there are definitely ways to go -

EDIT:

Those are not rumors - it's speculation. You're going to get that after every game that's in the series. The only proof people have is from games. For example, I have said that the next game with Connor could be in France during the French Revolution simply because Lafayette tells Connor (when you speak to him), that France's heart is black, stuff's going on, and he wants to make it glow once more. AC3 ends in 1783 and the French Revolution begins in 1789. If it was a rumor, then I would have said "Oh, I heard from a Ubisoft Montreal Dev that the next game will be in X".

This sounds like a sensible suggestion elsewhere in the forum.

TWCB
Ok this one seems to be causing a bit of controversy about why some of those who came before suddenly disappeared then reappeared at the end, which is nodded at in the game. So here's a general roundup of my theory, taken from Juno and Minerva's explanations throughout the game. When TWCB saw what was about to hapthey the first time round they tried a number of different solutions, some they dropped, others some of them stayed behind to keep trying at. This to me includes the temples and the reverse-animus machine. The ones who stayed behind to me include the ones you met in the previous games, the first thing they tried to do was automate the temple building process to protect the future - hence Desmond being told by the others (through the reverse animus?) to find them and activate them. However, at some point Juno turned on the others, manipulating the plans for her own gain and, it appears, making her own version of the machine. When the other two found out they tried to stop her and thought they'd succeded, however, when Minerva checks just before the end of the world (number 1) she finds it not to be the case. Tries to implore with Desmond to try again to stop Juno, but he doesn't listen. And badabing you have Juno unleashed. From where it goes from here, perhaps we'll find out that Juno got Connor to hide more artefacts and is now tracing them? We'll see I guess.

Erudito/hacker

Ok, this one has interested me since Erudito appeared, which I think was in the first game when Vidic got the email from the guy who 'saw everything'. However. For this game I don't think E and the pivot voice are the same guy (could be but highly unlikely since E tends to be good at hiding his activities. However, could E be acting with others? Anyone who gets to lvl 50 hears E say we'll be in touch. Could the hacker and the Cloud be part of an independent group with their own agenda (if you take the AC 1 email into account then it could easily be vengeance against Templars.) I'm definitely looking forward to finding out more about this, hopefully through dolce/extra games/multiplayer events.

The team
One last note, I still feel Rebecca, Shawn and William will play a part in the universe and part of me thinks perhaps one of them is still not completely on side or could change (Rebecca didn't want to die and could turn, also Shawn managed to access the Abstergo database quite easily to me and his 'friend' on the outside was rather convenient) but we'll see.

So yeah, that's my theories so far, if I think of anything else will add it in. Please feel free to comment, or correct me on any assumptions I've made. As I said, I'm looking forward to the next chapter in this epic story.

rupok2
11-28-2012, 07:49 PM
I really doubt we will see connor in civil war since he wouldn't be alive.

DJJaines
11-28-2012, 08:45 PM
I really doubt we will see connor in civil war since he wouldn't be alive.

Ok, there I admit I messed up my dates and presidents... Whoops, sorry to the Americans out there. Will have a rethink of that point, there's still a possibility of a trip to England.

I hope that hasn't ruined the other theories.

DJJaines
11-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Those are not rumors - it's speculation. You're going to get that after every game that's in the series. The only proof people have is from games. For example, I have said that the next game with Connor could be in France during the French Revolution simply because Lafayette tells Connor (when you speak to him), that France's heart is black, stuff's going on, and he wants to make it glow once more. AC3 ends in 1783 and the French Revolution begins in 1789. If it was a rumor, then I would have said "Oh, I heard from a Ubisoft Montreal Dev that the next game will be in X".

This is a good idea to replace my civil war suggestion.