PDA

View Full Version : I think Ubisoft lost their way *SPOILERS*

Pages : [1] 2

rupok2
11-28-2012, 07:13 PM
It started with revelations missing story content that was advertised and with AC3 you will see how much inconsistencies there are with marketing and the actual game. Its almost to the point of false marketing. I think Ubisoft lied about this being the longest dev time for an ac game. I think it was done in about a year like previous games and the rest of the time developing the engine. If you go back to the trailers and see the things they talked about like certain missions, hunting, big battles, desmond parts, etc, many are missing from the actual game just like revelations was missing content that was in trailers. They couldn't finish the game so they had to rush it thus the insane amount of bugs as well. Its a rushed game nowhere the level of ac2 and brotherhood.

I will not be buying another AC since it seems like its just a cash cow now. I was a HUGE HUGE fan of the series, the creed interested me so much and I explored every hidden clue in the game. Its a very big disappointed for me that my favorite game series ever is turned into this, I even bought the deluxe edition thinking this game would be the best out of all of them.

NeverThat
11-28-2012, 07:21 PM
It started with revelations missing story content that was advertised and with AC3 you will see how much inconsistencies there are with marketing and the actual game. Its almost to the point of false marketing. I think Ubisoft lied about this being the longest dev time for an ac game. I think it was done in about a year like previous games and the rest of the time developing the engine. If you go back to the trailers and see the things they talked about like certain missions, hunting, big battles, desmond parts, etc, many are missing from the actual game just like revelations was missing content that was in trailers. They couldn't finish the game so they had to rush it thus the insane amount of bugs as well. Its a rushed game nowhere the level of ac2 and brotherhood.

I will not be buying another AC since it seems like its just a cash cow now. I was a HUGE HUGE fan of the series, the creed interested me so much and I explored every hidden clue in the game. Its a very big disappointed for me that my favorite game series ever is turned into this, I even bought the deluxe edition thinking this game would be the best out of all of them.

I agree. Ubi probably started working on AC3 in 2011 when Revelations was launched since that when they 1st announced AC3. AC2 / ACB are way more detailed and polished.

D.I.D.
11-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Not a chance. I don't think for a moment that it's possible to make a game like this in one year. Besides, the new creative director joined at least two years ago, right? Why bring him in if he wasn't hard at work on AC3?

There are many reasons why early content is not in the game. One could be that playtesting found that certain elements just weren't popular with players. Another could be that levels were in theory possible within the constraints of current console hardware, but in practice just didn't run well enough after compiling. I can easily believe either one of these, especially the latter given that the consoles seem to be just about squeaking by with limited draw distance and frame rates (by comparison with the PC version).

Whatever the reasons for dropping that material, I'm actually happy that the things I saw in the game were mostly fresh. Huge amounts of Revelations were familiar experiences because we'd seen so much in previews, and even though I'd made a conscious decision to not watch any more promo footage until I played the game I had already seen the intro level.

ProdiGurl
11-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Well fine, they lose some fans & gain others - that's how it goes when series run awhile. People expect more and more or they get bored with the brand basically.
Dev's changed alot from fan input & are always asking - when the changes come, a chunk of the fan base whines & throws tantrums - the fan base is divided on what they like so some will be happy and some won't. They cannot please everyone.

The valid issue I found was ACR's story & the potential - I loved that game too but I did see lost potential in the story aspect that could have been amped up alot more.
But the ACIII story is great - it's not lacking imo (up to Seq. 8). To me it's far from a cash cow when Ubi is continually seeking input.
I personally think alot of people got so familiar w/ Ezio & the trilogy/gameplay that anything else is foreign and doesn't feel so much like the AC they got so comfortable with.
I expected that to be my problem before I got the game but thankfully I'm happily surprised that I love it.
It's got things that are much better than what the Trilogy had. They're all great games in their own right imo.
& up to Seq. 8, I have over 40 hours in and only 39% completion.
I think it's a very long game - esp. when compared to ACR which I agree felt really short but was awesome.

D.I.D.
11-28-2012, 07:34 PM
I agree. Ubi probably started working on AC3 in 2011 when Revelations was launched since that when they 1st announced AC3. AC2 / ACB are way more detailed and polished.

For a game like this, you have to build the world first, and also the engine. I know a lot of people are pouring scorn on the idea it's a totally fresh engine, but there's certainly a huge amount about it that's new.

There are certainly signs in the writing and QA that they were rushing to a deadline: repetitive and hammy lines (Connor says at least twice that "I will live today, but I cannot since the same for you!" about different people, among other uncomfortable and messy script moments), and weird hiccups in the gameplay. Also in the animation - some quite important non-cutscene conversations have a default "yammering" mouth animation that runs and stops for as long as the speakers' sound files, and I expect those were meant to be lipsynched but there wasn't sufficient time. But then, look at all the remarkable elements in this game: a phenomenal level of detail which is unlikely to be outdone by any game in this gen except perhaps GTA V.

That's a mark of how ambitious the game is, and the problems of a plot that says the world is going to end on a specific day. I don't think it's a sign that AC3 took one year and followed on from ACR. I think there are things that happened during ACR which needed to be reflected in AC3.

rupok2
11-28-2012, 07:35 PM
No I wasn't upset that ezio is gone I am really glad he is because in revelations it felt like it dragged on way too long. However the story pacing, mission content compared to ac2/advertised in trailers, story inconsistencies since revelations (THEY ARE MUCH BIGGER in AC3), actual lack of new gameplay besides naval is what has turned me away from the series now.

The only thing i found impressive in ac3 was the parkour animations and combat system. However they are not enough to make up for the stuff that went wrong. The game feels rushed whether or not they actually worked on it for 1 year or 3 years doesn't matter.

And ya if Ac wants more fans then they can go ahead but they will lose the diehard fans that pushed the series to where it is now. Btw I really doubt ac3 is getting anymore fans, its mostly going to lose them. Normal people who don't understand the story but bought the game because of hype will not buy the next one because they don't understand the story, gameplay is full of bugs, etc. Die hard fans are gonna leave because of the story being on the verge of stupid. The only ones that are left are people that accept the lower quality and it seems there are many of you. So ubisoft can still retain their cash cow until its dry from you guys but I am leaving. I know most of you don't care but I hope there are others who feel the same way. People who spend many hours decryptic clues, reading the other material such as comics, etc. who feel like we been thrown away.

Element CL
11-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Sadly, I think the business guys at Ubisoft are milking the AC name and not caring enough about the quality anymore.

It's something that is happening to everything in the world. Make it only as good as it needs to be to make us money, don't waste resources on anything else.

ProdiGurl
11-28-2012, 07:41 PM
So glad you liked the combat system rupok - I think it's the best change they made altogether. A huge step forward imo.

NeverThat
11-28-2012, 07:51 PM
Well fine, they lose some fans & gain others - that's how it goes when series run awhile. People expect more and more or they get bored with the brand basically.
Dev's changed alot from fan input & are always asking - when the changes come, a chunk of the fan base whines & throws tantrums - the fan base is divided on what they like so some will be happy and some won't. They cannot please everyone.

That's why Metal Gear remains my favorite franchise of all time. Every game improved upon it's predecessors while making subtle tweaks. If you didn't like one, chances are, you'll have no interest in playing the others. Instead of reinventing the wheel making drastic changes, they are releasing a spin-off, Rising, to appeal to a different audience. Most Metal Gear fans dislike what was shown, but gamers who dislike Metal Gear Solid and prefer more fast paced shooters like Devil May Cry love it.

With that in mind, I think the mixed feedback from fans resulted from trailers promoted AC3 as a bigger, better, improved AC that fans of previous entries were accustomed too. When they played the game and realized how different it really is, they probably felt cheated. AC3 os a good game as a standalone title but falls victim to misleading advertising in a sense.

ACfan443
11-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Alex Hutchinson said that for the first 6 months they were structuring the story and doing historical research. The lead game designer for AC3, Steve Masters, said he joined the team as soon as brotherhood was shipped. So they spent at least two years giving it full development.

ProdiGurl
11-28-2012, 07:58 PM
That's why Metal Gear remains my favorite franchise of all time. Every game improved upon it's predecessors while making subtle tweaks. If you didn't like one, chances are, you'll have no interest in playing the others. Instead of reinventing the wheel making drastic changes, they are releasing a spin-off, Rising, to appeal to a different audience. Most Metal Gear fans dislike what was shown, but gamers who dislike Metal Gear Solid and prefer more fast paced shooters like Devil May Cry love it.

With that in mind, I think the mixed feedback from fans resulted from trailers promoted AC3 as a bigger, better, improved AC that fans of previous entries were accustomed too. When they played the game and realized how different it really is, they probably felt cheated. AC3 os a good game as a standalone title but falls victim to misleading advertising in a sense.

Thanks for explaining that becuz I haven't understood what their beef was w/ Trailers etc. Now I get the connection.
Honestly tho, I think it's exactly what was explained - it's just that they dislike the changes themselves. Part of this is their expectation & Ubi isn't responsible for what they hoped for or liked.
It's a vast audience w/ varying preferences.
Look at how Resident Evil morphed - they went action instead of horror/mystery. I didn't even buy the last 2 releases :(
But that's the direction they wanted to go. I didn't complain, I just didn't buy them. I'm sure they picked up more gamers along the way with their new direction?
When [if] they get back to horror & less action I'll buy the game again. I'm going to rent Halo 4 to see if I like that too. Hopefully I can get interested in it again.
I just expect it in gaming... they dont' always make you happy. It's a drag but .... I'm sure it isn't easy for Devs either.

pirate1802
11-28-2012, 08:07 PM
A game of this size made in one year?

http://t.qkme.me/35lwnq.jpg

tarrero
11-28-2012, 08:17 PM
Ok!

1 year????? Hell no!!!! Besides the Frontier alone being MASSIVE and fresh, 1.5 times bigger than Rome, you forget the naval stuf. BTW I would prefer if Ubi take a 1 year break from this game and fix some things such as the background music.

ProletariatPleb
11-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I don't think it was made in ONE year, but I think it was released before its real time.

NeverThat
11-28-2012, 08:25 PM
Thanks for explaining that becuz I haven't understood what their beef was w/ Trailers etc. Now I get the connection.
Honestly tho, I think it's exactly what was explained - it's just that they dislike the changes themselves. Part of this is their expectation & Ubi isn't responsible for what they hoped for or liked.
It's a vast audience w/ varying preferences.
Look at how Resident Evil morphed - they went action instead of horror/mystery. I didn't even buy the last 2 releases :(
But that's the direction they wanted to go. I didn't complain, I just didn't buy them. I'm sure they picked up more gamers along the way with their new direction?
When [if] they get back to horror & less action I'll buy the game again. I'm going to rent Halo 4 to see if I like that too. Hopefully I can get interested in it again.
I just expect it in gaming... they dont' always make you happy. It's a drag but .... I'm sure it isn't easy for Devs either.

Lol, I quit Resident Evil after part 2. Capcom said 'screw survival horror altogether' and made a true 'jack of all trades' game. I too was hoping Capcom would bring back survival horror and glad I did not invest money into RE6. How we feel about Resident Evil is probably the same way disappointed fans feel about games like AC3 and Mass Effect 3. They're actually good, solid games but were marketed in a misleading way using their predecessors as a staple of what to expect when in actuality the end result is something totally from left field.

Fan reception of Mass Effect 3 can be a perfect subject in a PR marketing class, lol. Bioware claimed no 2 endings would be the same and all decisions you made in throughout the trilogy would effect the outcome. Obviously this was far from the truth and thus, the reason for the insane outlash from fans. Now Bioware is making free multiplayer DLC, finally releasing ME1 on PS3 and doing everything they can to douse the fire and win back fans, perfect PR damage control, lol. I think if devs were more upfront about what to expect in a sequel, fans could make a more conscious decision about purchasing and not feel burnt when they spend hundreds of dollars pre-ordering collector editions and season passes.

LightRey
11-28-2012, 08:35 PM
Funny, they said the same thing after ACII, ACB and ACR. It's almost like people have differing opinions! O:

twenty_glyphs
11-28-2012, 09:33 PM

Of course I have no evidence to back this up, but I really don't see how AC3 is going to gain many new fans of the series. The most likely scenario seems to be alienating more core fans than the new ones they do manage to get. I've seen comments across the internet about the game, and many people who never liked the series are still not touching AC3 with a 10-foot pole. Despite all the new stuff, it's still the same basic core gameplay that it's always been, with the same somewhat clunky controls (that I always forgave before). I can see AC3 pulling back some fans who were weary from Brotherhood and Revelations, but it seems to be alienating a lot of fans who have stuck with them through the whole series.

The unpolished, unfinished, buggy nature of the game will only hurt it with people who have been on the fence about getting this game. The general narrative out there is that the game is extremely buggy, and I don't see how that's going to do anything but turn off people who were on the fence. It also alienates a ton of loyal fans, in addition to the gameplay and story issues some fans were disappointed in. I'm sure the game will sell very well, but I hope it doesn't outsell AC1 or AC2, or meet Ubisoft's internal projections. That's the only real way to give them the message that the franchise is not heading in the right direction. It's probably more likely that any backlash from AC3 would affect sales of the next title more. It just doesn't make sense to me to alienate your core, most loyal fanbase at the expense of gaining some transient, casual fans of the series who could leave at a moment's notice. Your loyal fanbase are the people who will evangelize the product and convert their friends.

Yes, fans of a series will always be divided over change. But I just don't get the change that AC3 brings to the table. It seems to just leave out many unique features the franchise had before and doesn't really replace them with anything. It also seems to ignore much of the previous story that drove a lot of fan interest. I don't get the vision of what the change to the series is. If it was going from a social stealth game to an all-out action game, I could get that and decide if I liked it or not. But it's not doing that, it just sort of flounders around trying to find some sort of identity. It just throws so much stuff at you without feeling cohesive.

Now, there's no way AC3 was made in just one year. But I do believe that the core team working on the game for almost 3 years was relatively small, probably around 100 people. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the content wasn't fleshed out in full production until the past year, year and a half or so. It's certainly not a finished product. This is the danger you run into when you set a hard release date and then try to build the biggest game you possibly can instead of focus on building the best quality game you can. I also think Ubisoft's practice of outsourcing huge chunks of the AC franchise to its other studios hurt. They just have so much simultaneous development going on with teams that can't collaborate on the same level as coworkers in the same office, and then have to try to pull it all together in the end. I think it really shows in the unfinished nature of the final product.

Look at Arkham City, which I appreciate more and more as time goes by. That game was built at one studio with a relatively small team of what, 100 people or so? They knew they couldn't possibly build a gigantic game in 2 years, but they were smart and made a small but detailed hub world for the game and poured a ton of attention into making it the best game they could. It's still big, but the attention to detail and the focus is huge and really shows off in the final quality. It feels a lot like AC2 to me, in that it improves on its predecessor in just about every way and still manages to be a larger, more epic game. I don't want everything but the kitchen sink in Assassin's Creed games, I simply want a quality core experience about the size of AC2, or just a little bigger.

As for listening to feedback, sure they listen, but I haven't seen them implementing a lot of that feedback. They had the feedback thread from Revelations, but by then it was probably too late for much of that to influence AC3. People have been hating on the Full Sync system more with each game since Brotherhood, but the way they changed it for AC3 simply accentuated the core problem that system already had. It doesn't seem that they understood people's issues with the system being the feeling that the game is telling you that you're doing it wrong when they only throw up more reminders that you're playing the game wrong on AC3, trying to guide you even more. There was tons of feedback on people being upset that the ambient music stopped playing when Revelations' story was over, and how did they listen to that? By just removing it altogether? That's not listening to feedback. People complained about combat, so they changed it, but a lot of us don't like it as much as the old system. A lot of the decisions in AC3 make me think the team behind it doesn't understand why people loved AC so much before, and what people truly didn't like about it all at the same time.

HollywoodRane
11-28-2012, 09:47 PM

But the ACIII story is great - it's not lacking imo (up to Seq. 8).

The reason they're throwing a fit is because the story is fun - the writing is awful and the mistakes or oversights are terrible.
If this was a film, it would get ripped apart for it's lack of continuity and by extension, it's quality.
I made a small thread here, which in no way was outlined, detailed or nitpicking every last mistake. It was however me shooting from the hip about things I'd just witnessed which destroyed what little I can enjoy about the story.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729354-Kenway-s-story

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 09:50 PM
@Twenty_GlyphsLove it when people speak about their opinion as part of a larger complaint made by most people..

I`v met people too and I can safely say everyone I`v met completely contradicts what you said above. I do not know if you`v met more people than I, but i`v met a lot of people and most of them are either studying game design or are current game designers...

They all agreed that AC III was not a perfect game, but no where near a disappointment. (See how annoying that is ?)

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 09:52 PM
The reason they're throwing a fit is because the story is fun - the writing is awful and the mistakes or oversights are terrible.
If this was a film, it would get ripped apart for it's lack of continuity and by extension, it's quality.
I made a small thread here, which in no way was outlined, detailed or nitpicking every last mistake. It was however me shooting from the hip about things I'd just witnessed which destroyed what little I can enjoy about the story.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729354-Kenway-s-story
The "Holes" you claim to be present are actually no holes at all xD You just didn't like the story and decide to rip it apart..the story HAD problems, but your list is just Hilarious.

Funny, they said the same thing after ACII, ACB and ACR. It's almost like people have differing opinions! O:
It was most Prominent after AC II and ACR..people tend to forget that EVERYONE tore AC II apart when it was first released for "abandoning its way"

orangebionic
11-28-2012, 09:55 PM
Few really good points OP.

I waited with anticipation for ac3 and still i cant make up my mind do i really like this new part of the franchise, which was groundbreaking imo at some point. and this alone can be quite strong indication .... if you are spellbound by something, then you are, no need to think " do i like this", isnt it?

Some games are just 100% hit with great mechanics and good story, and ac3 sadly isnt one of them. I like clever storytelling of the revolution and challenges of full sync, naval stuff, and new combat mechanics, but its just not enough in relation to errors.

Bugs and glitches are numerous, only skyrim had more so far. Desmond story dissapointed from good storytelling point of view, after so many pieces of truth we uncovered in previous games, strong vision of secret history, and fascinating build up , we had climax taken almost alive from class B sci-fi movie. It almost like to read " in the heart of darkness" and found that at the last few pages it turns into some primary schoolboy homework about Africa.

I dont blame creators too much, its quite often to have awesome idea, interesting questions, and fail in the answer department- Stephen King in his anatomy of writing "Dance Macabre" called that issue" The Closed Door Monster". Its much easier to insinuate that something horrible hides behind locked door, than to open it and show horror in its full glory and still achieve the same effect.

Its good as a game , but it doesnt deliver powerfull, well rounded experience.

ACfan443
11-28-2012, 10:09 PM
It was most Prominent after AC II and ACR..people tend to forget that EVERYONE tore AC II apart when it was first released for "abandoning its way"

This is so true, when AC2 came out I was bewildered by how much they distanced from AC1, to me it didn't feel like an AC game at all. From the dark, disturbing atmosphere of AC1 to the happy, colourful atmosphere of AC2, it felt too changed, but afterwards it grew on me. I guess every numbered sequel is where the true changes lie.

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 10:18 PM
This is so true, when AC2 came out I was bewildered by how much they distanced from AC1, to me it didn't feel like an AC game at all. From the dark, disturbing atmosphere of AC1 to the happy, colourful atmosphere of AC2, it felt too changed, but afterwards it grew on me. I guess every numbered sequel is where the true changes lie.
Exactly and that`s why I`m sure that after some time, AC III will be hailed as the best in the series..

The only AC game that did not face such a thing was ACB. The atmosphere of AC II was already still apparent and it was more of the same..

Then ACR comes out and is ripped for being more of the same.

Now AC III comes out and is ripped for abandoning it`s way...We`re on the right track..

Dangerzone50
11-28-2012, 10:32 PM
meh, false advertising is to be expected these days when it comes to video games... look at Portal 2 and how many things in ITS trailers were cut, its still an epic game

what makes me mad is how ubisoft still continues to rip off the fans to this day... they have been lying about the length of games and even charging for "expansion packs" that were actually already part of their original release (just not open/unlocked) since before the term DLC even existed... take Ac2's battle of forli (proven to exist on the PC version of Ac2 before the dlc was even announced) and the Benedict Arnold dlc... a new map, high-poly character, 4 missions, and a whole map all in 100MB? get real, some of it had to have shipped on the original disc

dewgel
11-28-2012, 10:45 PM

The valid issue I found was ACR's story & the potential - I loved that game too but I did see lost potential in the story aspect that could have been amped up alot more.
But the ACIII story is great - it's not lacking imo (up to Seq. 8). To me it's far from a cash cow when Ubi is continually seeking input.
I personally think alot of people got so familiar w/ Ezio & the trilogy/gameplay that anything else is foreign and doesn't feel so much like the AC they got so comfortable with.
I expected that to be my problem before I got the game but thankfully I'm happily surprised that I love it.
It's got things that are much better than what the Trilogy had. They're all great games in their own right imo.
I think it's a very long game - esp. when compared to ACR which I agree felt really short but was awesome.

This. Good post dude.

They did develop in 3 years. However, the word develop does not mean they sat on a computer doing all the work in 3 years. The first year or so was conceptual, research, looking shooting, design and target gameplay footage.

And no, they didn't start just after Revelations. Nearly all AC games are more or less finished by around E3 time. In an interview last year with Alex Amancio, he said Revelations' core game was complete at E3, and was in testing stages at that point.

AC3, according to the GameInformer reveal, had its first Alpha build very early on. Around about December / January this year I believe.

They were very ambitious, if not overly ambitious. The game only has a minority of bugs. People are far too picky these days. Really over reacting. The game is not unplayable, it plays. It just has a few quest loop issues and one or two clipping problems which nearly every game has.

zhengyingli
11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
@Twenty_GlyphsLove it when people speak about their opinion as part of a larger complaint made by most people..

"Speak for yourself" is what I'd say to those who claim to speak on behalf of a certain group of people. My circle of friends became new AC fans recently due to ACIII's safe free running, so to say ACIII didn't gain the series any new fans is absurd.

El_Noruego
11-29-2012, 12:02 AM
AC3 could have been amazing, and while it is still an impressive title in its own right, it suffers greatly from an uninspired main character, numb autopilot controls, numerous bugs and glitches, ambiguous subquests, a lack of meaningful direction and tutorials, clunky crafting, and the mysterious absence of other ordinary gameplay elements like the ability to kill civilians for one.

It definitely had a rushed production. There's just no reason for so many blanks in the areas that were great in the other AC titles.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 12:33 AM
I think they lost their way when Patrice left. It's all been downhill since then. Granted it was a high hill that they started out on so its by no means a bad franchise, but the sky was the limit for them and they just s**t everything away in order to gain a larger fanbase.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 12:36 AM
AC3 could have been amazing, and while it is still an impressive title in its own right, it suffers greatly from an uninspired main character, numb autopilot controls, numerous bugs and glitches, ambiguous subquests, a lack of meaningful direction and tutorials, clunky crafting, and the mysterious absence of other ordinary gameplay elements like the ability to kill civilians for one.

It definitely had a rushed production. There's just no reason for so many blanks in the areas that were great in the other AC titles.
I agree with this but I would add that they also made terrible decisions in the modern day plot.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:37 AM
I think they lost their way when Patrice left. It's all been downhill since then. Granted it was a high hill that they started out on so its by no means a bad franchise, but the sky was the limit for them and they just s**t everything away in order to gain a larger fanbase.
Nope...Only game Patrice had no part in was Revelations (Yes, Patrice was involved in the making of Brotherhood too) ever since AC II people have constantly claimed that the series lost it`s way and indeed it has to an extent, but Patrice was part of that too..

dchil279
11-29-2012, 12:41 AM
this is true, I have never been one to complain about the atmospheric changes of any AC game, however my main gripe is that somewhere along the line they stopped caring about the mystery elements and paid very little attention to Desmond's story.

PS sorry for the multiple posts. Still havnt figured out how to quote multiple people in same post.

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 12:42 AM
Nope...Only game Patrice had no part in was Revelations (Yes, Patrice was involved in the making of Brotherhood too) ever since AC II people have constantly claimed that the series lost it`s way and indeed it has to an extent, but Patrice was part of that too..

If people analyze ACIII's mission structure, ACII is actually the beginning of the end in some perspectives. So a more legit argument should be that ACII's the point that the series has lost its way. In my opinion though, it was the beginning of awesome.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:43 AM
If people analyze ACIII's mission structure, ACII is actually the beginning of the end in some perspectives. So a more legit argument should be that ACII's the point that the series has lost its way. In my opinion though, it was the beginning of awesome.
Exactly. People seem to put everything on the departure of Patrice, but that is just not true..He was part of that change as much as anybody..

dchil279
11-29-2012, 12:47 AM
I had almost no problems with Brotherhood other than the fact that there were only 3 assassinations, which was no doubt because they had to rush the game so much. However, Desilets left in June of the year when Brotherhood was released, so while he had a huge part in conceptualizing and writing it, much of the making of the game the game was not overseen by him. This is where the problems are for ACB, the execution. Brotherhood retained the mystery elements that both ACII and AC1 had. The point at which the series took a turn for the worse was Revelations. Desilets had nothing to do with that.

I'm not one of those people who says they will never play an AC game again because that's not true, they are still way too fun to play for me to ever consider that. However, the story means nothing to me now and has since Revelations. Before ACR, the Assassin's creed series was a work of art, now it's just a fun videogame.

twenty_glyphs
11-29-2012, 12:48 AM
"Speak for yourself" is what I'd say to those who claim to speak on behalf of a certain group of people. My circle of friends became new AC fans recently due to ACIII's safe free running, so to say ACIII didn't gain the series any new fans is absurd.

I never claimed to speak on behalf of a group of people, I just lumped myself in with a group that obviously exists because they are commenting on this forum all the time. I never said the majority of fans were disappointed, but there's obviously a group of fans who are, including myself. I also never said AC3 didn't gain any new fans. I simply said I wouldn't be surprised if AC3 alienated more devoted fans than new fans it picked up. Also that new fans may not be as dedicated to the series as the fans that were alienated, which is kind of a big deal.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:51 AM
I had almost no problems with Brotherhood other than the fact that there were only 3 assassinations, which was no doubt because they had to rush the game so much. However, Desilets left in June of the year when Brotherhood was released, so while he had a huge part in conceptualizing and writing it, much of the making of the game the game was not overseen by him. This is where the problems are for ACB, the execution. Brotherhood retained the mystery elements that both ACII and AC1 had. The point at which the series took a turn for the worse was Revelations. Desilets had nothing to do with that.
Err No..It is accepted that AC lost it`s way starting with AC II..It`s a fact..

Your preferences; however, are not...So again, Patrice leaving was not what caused the change. He was part of the change.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:53 AM
I never claimed to speak on behalf of a group of people, I just lumped myself in with a group that obviously exists because they are commenting on this forum all the time. I never said the majority of fans were disappointed, but there's obviously a group of fans who are, including myself. I also never said AC3 didn't gain any new fans. I simply said I wouldn't be surprised if AC3 alienated more devoted fans than new fans it picked up. Also that new fans may not be as dedicated to the series as the fans that were alienated, which is kind of a big deal.
Not really. I`v seen people who claimed to be avid fans of the series make erroneous mistakes when recollecting the story. Something that some new fans never do..

dchil279
11-29-2012, 12:55 AM
Err No..It is accepted that AC lost it`s way starting with AC II..It`s a fact..

Your preferences; however, are not...So again, Patrice leaving was not what caused the change. He was part of the change.

As always, your opinion is fact M.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Well I guess your opinion is fact now.
Call it whatever you call it..The Change started in AC II and continued till ACR.

ACR was not the start of it. It was it`s extension. I mean hell ACR, ACB, AC II are all basically the same game re-skinned with new cities and a couple of new features. ACR was not exactly changed from what Patrice created in AC II..

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 12:58 AM

its more like, his opinion........ just so happens to be a fact. in my opinion

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 01:00 AM
"Lost its way" is how dissenters identified "Overhaul." Choice of description is opinion, but I personally believe as a fact that the mission structure has indeed experienced "big change" in ACII.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Call it whatever you call it..The Change started in AC II and continued till ACR.

ACR was not the start of it. It was it`s extension. I mean hell ACR, ACB, AC II are all basically the same game re-skinned with new cities and a couple of new features. ACR was not exactly changed from what Patrice created in AC II..
No they are completely different and this is why: ACR had terrible development of Desmond's story and the mystery of the AC universe. Just absolutely incoherent when viewed in context with the other games (I just finished playing thru all 5 games so this is a feeling I recently picked up). No glyphs, no puzzles. instead you hang out with Subject 16 and don't even ask him what the f*** he was trying to tell you the whole time. We don't even know why we (spoiler) had to kill lucy until a S***Y DLC, that completely chickened out of it having to do with anything important. Not to mention ACR is when they start messing with everyone's face models (Rebecca's face is so ugly in AC3). ACB and ACII never had any of that. Thats why they are different. Also, ACB and ACR started the trend of not having to learn about your targets and plan assassinations, instead you get dressed up every time. While ACII was so much different than AC1, but only in atmosphere, the main character, and because it had variety.

ace3001
11-29-2012, 01:07 AM
There are fans that close their ears and go LALALA when you talk about bugs in AC3, even though there are quite a few (not game breaking, though) bugs around. However, the bugs are almost the only thing you're right about.
The main reason that I can easily forgive the bugs is that this game is so good. It's the biggest and best AC (in terms of gameplay alone) that Ubi has made. Hell, the aging hardware that is the PS3 and Xbox 360 shouldn't be able to even run this kinda game, but Ubisoft made it happen. There is no way this monster was made in an year. If anything was rushed, then it was probably the ending. But the ending alone doesn't make the game.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:09 AM
No they are completely different and this is why: ACR had terrible development of Desmond's story and the mystery of the AC universe. Just absolutely incoherent when viewed in context with the other games (I just finished playing thru all 5 games so this is a feeling I recently picked up). No glyphs, no puzzles. instead you hang out with Subject 16 and don't even ask him what the f*** he was trying to tell you the whole time. We don't even know why we (spoiler) had to kill lucy until a S***Y DLC, that completely chickened out of it having to do with anything important. Not to mention ACR is when they start messing with everyone's face models (Rebecca's face is so ugly in AC3). ACB and ACII never had any of that. Thats why they are different. Also, ACB and ACR started the trend of not having to learn about your targets and plan assassinations, instead you get dressed up every time. While ACII was so much different than AC1, but only in atmosphere, the main character, and because it had variety.
Again, What you list are preferences and do not constitute as change in design which is the definition of "losing its way" The Mystery, Story and face models(I can`t believe you just said that) are simply what you "like"

Also, AC II removed the tradition of learning about targets entirely. There was no investigations in AC II. No eavesdropping, no pick pocketing and no interrogation. Just some scenes where someone tells you " Your target is there" "your target is here" and that`s it..

ace3001
11-29-2012, 01:19 AM
Also, AC II removed the tradition of learning about targets entirely. There was no investigations in AC II. No eavesdropping, no pick pocketing and no interrogation. Just some scenes where someone tells you " Your target is there" "your target is here" and that`s it..And that was a good thing. Sitting on a bench and eavesdropping was no fun. Pick pocketing and interrogation was not much better.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:22 AM
And that was a good thing. Sitting on a bench and eavesdropping was no fun. Pick pocketing and interrogation was not much better.
Again, that`s preference. I loved the Investigations. It`s subjective whether or not their removal benefited the series, but what`s not subjective is the change..

Change started with AC II.....FACT..(Not aimed at you kolitha)

Shingram
11-29-2012, 01:24 AM

I dont see them as losing fans because of changes it seems like everyone is fed up with stagnation. It's the same exact story premise, the same exact gameplay. After 5 games and no story payoffs and no radical redesign to the gameplay itself AND yearly releasesit's just a matter of admitting hey the 1player experience is not handled well anymore. I hear great things about the multiplayer and I greatly enjoyed the naval missions and the gameplay is still rewarding and viable but if the story leaves you hanging on all of the important details and doesn't reward you in any way because they want the series to keep cashing inwith the same plot then as a customer I get massively disenfranchised. They should have wrapped this story up. They should have let us get into an actual battle instead of just having us run between rocks. They should have crafted a great tale about the assassins being annihilated in the colonies as a direct result of haytham's betrayal. Show him murdering some assassins children make us REALLY hate him. make it THAT much harder for us to accept and acknowledge what he has to say and make it that much more impactful when we realize we may have been on the wrong side all along. Instead we foreshadow this great great story of the assassins dying, we go into zero detail about why Kenway switched (Except for some text block bio BOOOOOO!) but there's no payoff.

Iconsidered Cross to be THE guy. THE best warrior in the templar vs assassin fight. Now I've spent FIVE games building Desmond into an EQUALLY amazingy warrior in a modern day setting with BILLIONS of lives on the line. The battle between these two should have been in and of itself worth the price of the game. We see Cross get backhand pimp slapped into unconciousness the first time he's on screen. Like WHAT!? HUH!? They could have done SOOOOOO much with this Desmond vs Cross thing! I will never forget how I randomly found him in the animus cubicle room.

I climbed onto a cubicle, ran at him, he completely ignored I was there, I pressed X and running assassinated him...no words, no cinematic, no FIGHT. When we do fight him it's the same exact fight we had with the other "bosses". good lord Ubisfot put in the effort to craft a boss battle with a different mechanic you can do it you made the whole naval thing! Uck it's just awful creative decisions. They spat on all of the characters we were invested in and they tease us with great stories that the game never tells and I swear to god if they release Kenway's story in some stupid comic book I'm going to break my AC3 disc in half and stab somebody with it (not really obviously the threat is meant for humor only I would never assault a human over a stupid game)

It's NOT about Ezio. If it was about Ezio people wouldn't be incensed over their treatment of Desmond I have seen nothing to indicate it's about Ezio at all.

rupok2
11-29-2012, 01:27 AM
You guys seem to be under the idea i was criticizing the game because of changes. I ill state again that I AM NOT!

I welcome change however I do not think welcoming and liking something is the same. The changes they made have nothing to do with anything. Its just the franchise is getting extremely sloppy in story/ mechanics. They remove stuff that they say were there before and the plot has become stale/ inconsistent and has reached a high point in AC3, I forgave ACR's inconsistencies because they weren't that big but I can't do it anymore with the large gaping holes in AC3. This all started with revelations.

(Btw Assassin_M I think revelations is the point ac franchise started going downhill not brotherhood and I consider myself a huge fan. Brotherhood was a vast improvement over Ac2 in terms of gameplay and it almost retained the amazing side of the story of Ac2 as well.)

Someone earlier stated that AC series was once a work of art and now its just a mere game, a decent one at best. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Ac games were never that amazing in terms of gameplay but the story made up for it 10 times over . The atmosphere of conspiracies and mysteries and awesome plot twists was what made AC unique. It made me feel very attached with the franchise and I loved every single thing about it.

Now its almost gone. The story is subpar and is added to a game with decent gameplay.

AC was a game I looked forward to every year. Even if every other game sucked horribly I used to always think that there was Assassins creed awaiting around the corner to entertain me. Now even thats gone.

Shingram
11-29-2012, 01:29 AM

Yup this too just no idea how to treat the story and resolutions with any sort of respect or maybe they are horrible writers or maybe they just want to cash in and are too lazy to craft a new direction for the series

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:31 AM
some of the bias in this thread is mind-boggling

Assassin_M
You guys seem to be under the idea i was criticizing the game because of changes. I ill state again that I AM NOT!

I welcome change however I do not think welcoming and liking something is the same. The changes they made have nothing to do with anything. Its just the franchise is getting extremely sloppy in story/ mechanics. They remove stuff that they say were there before and the plot has become stale/ inconsistent and has reached a high point in AC3, I forgave ACR's inconsistencies because they weren't that big but I can't do it anymore with the large gaping holes in AC3. This all started with revelations.

(Btw Mr M I think revelations is the point ac franchise started going downhill not brotherhood and I consider myself a huge fan. Brotherhood was a vast improvement over Ac2 in terms of gameplay and it almost retained the amazing side of the story of Ac2 as well.)

Someone earlier stated that AC series was once a work of art and now its just a mere game, a decent one at best. I wholeheartedly agree with that statement. Ac games were never that amazing in terms of gameplay but the story made up for it 10 times over . The atmosphere of conspiracies and mysteries and awesome plot twists was what made AC unique. It made me feel very attached with the franchise and I loved every single thing about it.

Now its almost gone. The story is subpar and is added to a game with decent gameplay.

AC was a game I looked forward to every year. Even if every other game sucked horribly I used to always think that there was Assassins creed awaiting around the corner to entertain me. Now even thats gone.
You believe what you like to believe good, sir. hate the game, think it has the gap holes, makes no difference to me..

But blindly ignoring something that is fact to further prove a point is wrong. ACB had minor tweaks to it`s system, but the it`s the same game as AC II. You have the complete freedom to THINK that the series went downhill with ACR, but that does not mean it`s true..

dchil279
Again, What you list are preferences and do not constitute as change in design which is the definition of "losing its way" The Mystery, Story and face models(I can`t believe you just said that) are simply what you "like"

Also, AC II removed the tradition of learning about targets entirely. There was no investigations in AC II. No eavesdropping, no pick pocketing and no interrogation. Just some scenes where someone tells you " Your target is there" "your target is here" and that`s it..
lol I just threw in the face models thin because I was just listing my gripes with the game and thats something that really annoyed me. i realize it was completely irrelevant lol.

but you are completely wrong about ACII not learning about your target. You tail the Venetian conspirators to learn their plans, you eavesdrop on the Pazzi in Santa Maria Novella, etc. The mission structure was just different. the things that changed between AC1 and ACII was not the direction of the story, just the presentation of it and the gameplay. that constitutes as an "overhaul", at least of the cosmetics of the game, but does not necessarily mean that is the exact point where they must have lost their way. The direction changed in ACR when they dropped those HUGE features that I previously mentioned, and while yes Assassin_M I "liked" those features, that does not negate the fact that they were HUGE, integral, parts of the games and the franchise. They abandoned them in ACR. that's why that is when they lost thier way, because they lost those parts of the game, and started disregarding previous lore in favor of their new and ****ty (<— opinion)​ plot points.

ace3001
11-29-2012, 01:32 AM
Again, that`s preference. I loved the Investigations. It`s subjective whether or not their removal benefited the series, but what`s not subjective is the change..

Change started with AC II.....FACT..(Not aimed at you kolitha)That it did. I loved the change, though. It's kinda hard for me to imagine that someone would actually like to just sit on a bench, really. It didn't pose any challenge at all, and we really didn't have to do anything other than sit on the bench and press the head button. Was just like seeing a cutscene. Or rather, hearing one. :p
I love the eavesdropping in AC III, though. Especially eavesdropping on moving targets. That is so much better. :D

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:33 AM
by your own definition, that means the game lost its way when AC2 came out.... complete bias man

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 01:34 AM
>>> http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Assassin_M http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8742140#post8742140)

<<<

I didn't know that. Interesting. I'm only seeing it from ACR to ACIII.... but even when I came to this forum there was still alot of negative criticism of ACB in anticipation of the next game.
I guess everyone has their own idea about what it's supposed to be like.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:34 AM
lol I just threw in the face models thin because I was just listing my gripes with the game and thats something that really annoyed me. i realize it was completely irrelevant lol.

but you are completely wrong about ACII not learning about your target. You tail the Venetian conspirators to learn their plans, you eavesdrop on the Pazzi in Santa Maria Novella, etc. The mission structure was just different. the things that changed between AC1 and ACII was not the direction of the story, just the presentation of it and the gameplay. that constitutes as an "overhaul", at least of the cosmetics of the game, but does not necessarily mean that is the exact point where they must have lost their way. The direction changed in ACR when they dropped those HUGE features that I previously mentioned, and while yes Assassin_M I "liked" those features, that does not negate the fact that they were HUGE, integral, parts of the games and the franchise. They abandoned them in ACR. that's why that is when they lost thier way, because they lost those parts of the game, and started disregarding previous lore in favor of their new and ****ty (<— opinion)​ plot points.
Like I said, Change started from AC II and extended till ACR..argue all you like. does not change the fact..

It`s the same game from AC II till ACR...AC II was a completely new game, AC I was a completely new game and so is AC III..

I`m done here..

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:36 AM
by your own definition, that means the game lost its way when AC2 came out.... complete bias man
It` not bias...It is what happened. AC II completely over hauled the franchise..I`m merely wording it as "lost its way" to go with the title of the thread..

dchil279
11-29-2012, 01:36 AM

(Btw Assassin_M I think revelations is the point ac franchise started going downhill not brotherhood and I consider myself a huge fan. Brotherhood was a vast improvement over Ac2 in terms of gameplay and it almost retained the amazing side of the story of Ac2 as well.)

we are on the same page my friend. Like I said AC is now just a fun Action/Adventure game not a work of art like other game/movie/book lores are.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 01:38 AM
Like I said, Change started from AC II and extended till ACR..argue all you like. does not change the fact..

It`s the same game from AC II till ACR...AC II was a completely new game, AC I was a completely new game and so is AC III..

I`m done here..
You can't be done until you acknowledge the ACTUAL point I'm making. AC made huge changes sure, but ACR made even bigger ones because they made changes to the PLOT, not just the gameplay. I don't understand why YOU can't understand that.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:39 AM
You can't be done until you acknowledge the ACTUAL point I'm making. AC made huge changes sure, but ACR made even bigger ones because they made changes to the PLOT, not just the gameplay. I don't understand why YOU can't understand that.
Tell me how they changed the plot..

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:40 AM

It` not bias...It is what happened. AC II completely over hauled the franchise..I`m merely wording it as "lost its way" to go with the title of the thread..

was directed at the pther guy.
i say bias because, he thinks when something is changed not to his liking than "the game has lost its way", but when something is changed into something he agrees with, that isn't the case.

rupok2
You believe what you like to believe good, sir. hate the game, think it has the gap holes, makes no difference to me..

But blindly ignoring something that is fact to further prove a point is wrong. ACB had minor tweaks to it`s system, but the it`s the same game as AC II. You have the complete freedom to THINK that the series went downhill with ACR, but that does not mean it`s true..

O god another one of these fact vs opinion posts. In no way did I ever say my opinion was fact. Everything in this thread is an opinion. There are some that are against me and some that some that agree with me. You stating ACB is where it went downhill IS YOUR OPINION. My OPINION is that it went downhill during ACR, now you may disagree with that and thats fine but please stop trying to act like what you say is fact. If you cant handle that please stop posting on this thread because frankly I hate when people try to argue these stupid fact vs opinion stuff. It detracts from the topic. You either disagree with me or you agree with me.

Btw NO **** that this thread is biased. Its all opinions.

ace3001
That's not what he means, though. I don't agree with M on many things cause he seems to love any AC that's thrown at him :p , but what he's saying here is a fact. AC1 had a much more, let's say, rigid structure than AC2. AC2 changed a lot of things, from minor things like swapping out the synch bar with a health bar to a major change like replacing the go to city -> investigate -> assassinate mission pattern with a more varied one. However, they retained the old controls, so it still felt like we were playing AC. Doesn't mean it didn't change. AC II changed a lot of things. It's a very different game to AC1, just like AC3 is different to AC2/B/R.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:41 AM
O god another one of these fact vs opinion posts. In no way did I ever say my opinion was fact. Everything in this thread is an opinion. There are some that are against me and some that some that agree with me. You stating ACB is where it went downhill IS YOUR OPINION. My OPINION is that it went downhill during ACR, now you may disagree with that and thats fine but please stop trying to act like what you say is fact. If you cant handle that please stop posting on this thread because frankly I hate when people try to argue these stupid fact vs opinion stuff. It detracts from the topic. You either disagree with me or you agree with me.
I`ll just ignore that you did not even pay attention to what I was saying when you posted the highlighted part...

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 01:42 AM
we are on the same page my friend. Like I said AC is now just a fun Action/Adventure game not a work of art like other game/movie/book lores are.

I tend to think that when games are brand new with new concepts, that theyr'e all that "work of art" - they become popular and then they get sequels. How many first movies are groundbreaking and then the following movies don't come near that same pinnacle the original did?
I see it all the time. The Matrix is a perfect example. Lots more to list.
It's not that AC "lost" anything, it's that it changes as it develops and you become familiar with it and it's not new anymore like it first was in concept - when it makes its first impact.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:42 AM
That's not what he means, though. I don't agree with M on many things cause he seems to love any AC that's thrown at him :p , but what he's saying here is a fact. AC1 had a much more, let's say, rigid structure than AC2. AC2 changed a lot of things, from minor things like swapping out the synch bar with a health bar to a major change like replacing the go to city -> investigate -> assassinate mission pattern with a more varied one. However, they retained the old controls, so it still felt like we were playing AC. Doesn't mean it didn't change. AC II changed a lot of things. It's a very different game to AC1, just like AC3 is different to AC2/B/R.
Exactly and no to the part where you stick your tongue out xD

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by TrueAssassin77 by your own definition, that means the game lost its way when AC2 came out.... complete bias man
Originally Posted by Assassin_M It` not bias...It is what happened. AC II completely over hauled the franchise..I`m merely wording it as "lost its way" to go with the title of the thread..
Originally Posted by TrueAssassin77 was directed at the pther guy.
i say bias because, he thinks when something is changed not to his liking than "the game has lost its way", but when something is changed into something he agrees with, that isn't the case.

rupok2

AGAIN REALLY? You guys constantly bring up this argument about change! I don't give a **** about the changes. Its just AC lost its touch and overall polish with gameplay and story, thats what I am trying to get at.

dchil279
>>> http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Assassin_M http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8742140#post8742140)

<<<

I didn't know that. Interesting. I'm only seeing it from ACR to ACIII.... but even when I came to this forum there was still alot of negative criticism of ACB in anticipation of the next game.
I guess everyone has their own idea about what it's supposed to be like.
every game gets torn apart. I have been on this forum since a little before ACB was released so Ive seen the reception of every game except AC1 on here. BUT I have just recently played through every game and have identified ACR as the disconnect from the rest of the series. The transition from beating AC1 straight to ACII is so much more graceful, but in ACR after beating ACB I kept saying WTF! why dont they address all of these different things? where are these plot points? why didn't they explain that better? I have no idea how they justify this in their universe! I never had to ask myself any of those questions when going from any game to the next except from ACB to ACR. Thats why ACR was the beginning of the end.... of the STORY.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Tell me how they changed the plot..
sometimes I wonder if you read anything anyone else posts.

rupok2
11-29-2012, 01:46 AM
I`ll just ignore that you did not even pay attention to what I was saying when you posted the highlighted part...

You keep trying to tell me that I somehow stated my opinion was a fact and that its ignorant. I never said anything about my statement being true. This whole thread was made so I can see if some people agree with me. I don't think anything I said is a fact.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:47 AM
every game gets torn apart. I have been on this forum since a little before ACB was released so Ive seen the reception of every game except AC1 on here. BUT I have just recently played through every game and have identified ACR as the disconnect from the rest of the series. The transition from beating AC1 straight to ACII is so much more graceful, but in ACR after beating ACB I kept saying WTF! why dont they address all of these different things? where are these plot points? why didn't they explain that better? I have no idea how they justify this in their universe! I never had to ask myself any of those questions when going from any game to the next except from ACB to ACR. Thats why ACR was the beginning of the end.... of the PLOT.
You do not understand..A lot of people were giving AC II the same reception as they`re giving AC III right now....It`s nothing new

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:48 AM
You keep trying to tell me that I somehow stated my opinion was a fact and that its ignorant. I never said anything about my statement being true. This whole thread was made so I can see if some people agree with me. I don't think anything I said is a fact.
Like I said in the post you quoted...I`ll just Ignore it

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:48 AM
@ team "it's lost its way"

guys. the game by you guys definition lost its way at AC2. you are contradicting yourse;ves

AlphaAltair
11-29-2012, 01:49 AM
​This series really lost its way after AC2 imo. It's sad too as AC1 and 2 are close to my favourite games of all time and this series could have had a real legacy, then they go and drag out and warp the plot just to make some quick cash. I really have no respect for Ubisoft anymore as I don't believe they have any respect for their customers.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 01:55 AM
You do not understand..A lot of people were giving AC II the same reception as they`re giving AC III right now....It`s nothing new
No YOU dont understand. I WAS THERE. I saw it first hand. I know every game has gotten torn apart, that is not my point. I am not ripping any single game. i am just pointing out trends that started with ACR that destroyed many peoples hopes of the modern day story ever having a good payoff. I liked every game. I enjoyed every second of playing all of them, at least the first run through each game. I will never "quit" the AC games. they just are not much more to me than Call of Duty at this point. I hope these short sentences are making it easier for you to understand what I am saying.

ace3001
11-29-2012, 01:56 AM
@ team "it's lost its way"

guys. the game by you guys definition lost its way at AC2. you are contradicting yourse;vesNo, change =/= "losing their way".

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 01:56 AM
every game gets torn apart. I have been on this forum since a little before ACB was released so Ive seen the reception of every game except AC1 on here. BUT I have just recently played through every game and have identified ACR as the disconnect from the rest of the series. The transition from beating AC1 straight to ACII is so much more graceful, but in ACR after beating ACB I kept saying WTF! why dont they address all of these different things? where are these plot points? why didn't they explain that better? I have no idea how they justify this in their universe! I never had to ask myself any of those questions when going from any game to the next except from ACB to ACR. Thats why ACR was the beginning of the end.... of the STORY.

What was the general reception of ACB here? It was my introduction into the AC world that's why I'm curious.
I loved ACR becuz of the gameplay - missions & the focus on recruits specifically. I had a blast with it. But I did mention that the story had its issues & needed to be amped up alot more. Lots of potential that was lost imo. Not that I disliked it, but that it didn't feel.... 'together' or cohesive I guess.
I think alot more could have been done w/ their characters too - Yusef was a goldmine of a character that I think got ignored. So much could have been done w/ him & Ezio.

Oh well. Anyways, I'm actually enjoying the ACIII story but again, I think the Character buildup & foundation isn't being paid enough attention to.
They did alot w/ Ezio but in ACR & ACIII it's been really scaled back. Do they have new writers?
Does anyone know

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:57 AM
the mere fact you are comparing AC3 to ACR is what ruins your argument in my mind Dchill279

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 01:58 AM
No, change =/= "losing their way".

**** man, i agree with M here. what are you replyng to me for?

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 01:58 AM
No YOU dont understand. I WAS THERE. I saw it first hand. I know every game has gotten torn apart, that is not my point. I am not ripping any single game. i am just pointing out trends that started with ACR that destroyed many peoples hopes of the modern day story ever having a good payoff. I liked every game. I enjoyed every second of playing all of them, at least the first run through each game. I will never "quit" the AC games. they just are not much more to me than Call of Duty at this point. I hope these short sentences are making it easier for you to understand what I am saying.
Guess what ? I was there too...But I guess that`s not your point..

like I said a page ago, but you wanted this to continue..

I`m done here

dchil279
11-29-2012, 01:59 AM
the mere fact you are comparing AC3 to ACR is what ruins your argument in my mind Dchill279
please tell me ONE time I have EVER compared the two games!? PLEASE

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:00 AM
What was the general reception of ACB here? It was my introduction into the AC world that's why I'm curious.
I loved ACR becuz of the gameplay - missions & the focus on recruits specifically. I had a blast with it. But I did mention that the story had its issues & needed to be amped up alot more. Lots of potential that was lost imo. Not that I disliked it, but that it didn't feel.... 'together' or cohesive I guess.
I think alot more could have been done w/ their characters too - Yusef was a goldmine of a character that I think got ignored. So much could have been done w/ him & Ezio.

Oh well. Anyways, I'm actually enjoying the ACIII story but again, I think the Character buildup & foundation isn't being paid enough attention to.
They did alot w/ Ezio but in ACR & ACIII it's been really scaled back. Do they have new writers?
Does anyone know
The writer of ACR is Darby Mcdevitt. Writer of AC III is Corey May. original writer of AC II and AC I..

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 02:01 AM
​This series really lost its way after AC2 imo. It's sad too as AC1 and 2 are close to my favourite games of all time and this series could have had a real legacy, then they go and drag out and warp the plot just to make some quick cash. I really have no respect for Ubisoft anymore as I don't believe they have any respect for their customers.

No way can I agree with this - the Trilogy was awesome & Ubi reaches out to the fan base all the time - they're implementing fan input & making changes people have asked for & suggested.
So they're hardly lacking respect for customers.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Guess what ? I was there too...But I guess that`s not your point..

like I said a page ago, but you wanted this to continue..

I`m done here
Holy s*** dude. You are impossible to have a conversation with. As soon as I lucidly lay out my position so that you don't misinterpret it for the umpteenth time, you draw attention to something else, and then say you're done. Bravo.

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 02:02 AM
Thanks for that info M :)

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Thanks for that info M :)

ditto

rupok2
11-29-2012, 02:06 AM
Holy s*** dude. You are impossible to have a conversation with. As soon as I lucidly lay out my position so that you don't misinterpret it for the umpteenth time, you draw attention to something else, and then say you're done. Bravo.

That guy annoys me too. He keeps trying to redirect the subject and replies in a arrogant type manner every time. I know its just text but you can feel it from the way he keeps replying.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:09 AM
What`s your problem ? Yes It`s impossible to have a conversation with me...Yes.

And Oh I`m sorry..What was your position...tell me please

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:10 AM
That guy annoys me too. He keeps trying to redirect the subject and replies in a arrogant type manner every time. I know its just text but you can feel it from the way he keeps replying.
Hello I`m Assassin_M and I`m the one not judging you on how you post..

mustash
11-29-2012, 02:12 AM

He is essentially cleverbot.

rupok2
What`s your problem ? Yes It`s impossible to have a conversation with me...Yes.

And Oh I`m sorry..What was your position...tell me please

His position in what exactly?

Assassin_M
Oh wow you guys are not going to even wait until I leave to rip me apart ?? You`re giving more credit than I deserve

His position in what exactly?
Was I talking to you ?

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:13 AM
some of you... are really emotional

ace3001
11-29-2012, 02:14 AM
As far as the modern story goes, throughout the whole Ezio trilogy, I felt that they were building it up well, even though Revelations didn't have much on that front until The Lost Archive. AC3, on the other hand, I really don't know what to think of. The plot was good enough, but they threw aside the Eve subplot to a side game (though, hopefully, it's a hint that they'll be picking it up later), and the ending wasn't, let's say, emotional enough. So, yeah, maybe they lost their way there. :p

rupok2
11-29-2012, 02:14 AM
some of you... are really emotional

And some of us are making this thread into a worthless flame thread which I did not intend.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:15 AM
And some of us are making this thread into a worthless flame thread which I did not intend.
Says the guy flaming me

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:17 AM
it's more like a semi-intellectual debate.
by semi, i mean one side is being smart while the other is being emotional

rupok2
11-29-2012, 02:18 AM
As far as the modern story goes, throughout the whole Ezio trilogy, I felt that they were building it up well, even though Revelations didn't have much on that front until The Lost Archive. AC3, on the other hand, I really don't know what to think of. The plot was good enough, but they threw aside the Eve subplot to a side game (though, hopefully, it's a hint that they'll be picking it up later), and the ending wasn't, let's say, emotional enough. So, yeah, maybe they lost their way there. :p

Ya I thought all those hints and everything would be in ACR but it never happened even tho 16 was the one who told Desmond. Those things just got tossed aside it seems.

You must be really good friends.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:19 AM
No it's a thesis vs. complete invalidation of said thesis by means of misinterpretation and pivots thread.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:20 AM
No it's a thesis vs. complete invalidation of said thesis by means of misinterpretation and pivots thread.
here you talk about your position and how I completely ignore it...and when I ask you to explain..you Ignore me..Wow xD

rupok2
11-29-2012, 02:23 AM
Can a mod please delete all the unrelated posts on this thread? Its getting off topic and I really wanted some actual feedback on my stance about the games, I don't want this thread to be closed due to flaming.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:23 AM
My position is that the biggest disconnects STORYWISE (not gameplay) between the previous installments and a new game was when ACR came out, and that this coincided with the departure of Patrice Desilets, since ACR was the first game not under at least partial influence from him.

EDIT: M: obviously I wasn't ignoring you, I just chose to reply to his absurd insult before replying to you. so no wow needed.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:25 AM
Can a mod please delete all the unrelated posts on this thread? Its getting off topic and I really wanted some actual feedback on my stances about the games.
Yeah erase all the posts that did not involve me at all. they were actually between 2 people discussing something..Yeah..I had nothing to do with it...At all..but i`m still asking for it to be deleted..

Or maybe because he does not agree with me...any post that does not agree me is off-topic...Yes.

(Btw..i`m just clarifying your position..In case you did not know)

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:27 AM
My position is that the biggest disconnects STORYWISE (not gameplay) between the previous installments and a new game was when ACR came out, and that this coincided with the departure of Patrice Desilets, since ACR was the first game not under at least partial influence from him.

EDIT: M: obviously I wasn't ignoring you, I just chose to reply to his absurd insult before replying to you. so no wow needed.
Clarify to ignorant me how ACR disconnects from the rest of the series STORY WISE

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:28 AM
Yeah erase all the posts that did not involve me at all. they were actually between 2 people discussing something..Yeah..I had nothing to do with it...At all..but i`m still asking for it to be deleted..

Or maybe because he does not agree with me...any post that does not agree me is off-topic...Yes.

(Btw..i`m just clarifying your position..In case you did not know)
i think he was talking about the sarcastic irrelavant posts that make up most of page 10, not our conversation. I could be wrong though

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:31 AM
Clarify to ignorant me how ACR disconnects from the rest of the series STORY WISE
That's not english, but if you are asking me to elaborate on my position all you need to do is look at the post that you chose to ignore. But since I know i would be too lazy to do that, I'll paste it here:

http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dchil279 http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8742982#post8742982)

If you want more details, you are going to have to read my other posts. I can't possibly be expected to re-write all of them.

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:31 AM
it seems both sides have calmed down considerable....

*puts popcorn away dejectedly*

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:34 AM
That's not english, but if you are asking me to elaborate on my position all you need to do is look at the post that you chose to ignore. But since I know i would be too lazy to do that, I'll paste it here:

http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by dchil279 http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/UbiTheme/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php?p=8742982#post8742982)

I never claimed my post was in English. so that`s mute, but I applaud you for the attempt..

Also...I never ignored that..I replied to it...And it`s vague, So I ask again..Clarify to ignorant me how ACR disconnects from the rest of the series STORY WISE..Yeah It`s not English

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 02:35 AM
Game companies/Devs go the way they want to take the game. They're the creators of the entire thing who know the series intimately, front to back.
You either like the direction or you don't.
I do not believe Ubi/devs "lost their way" - I think fans want different things and like what they like. Some of this is probably coming from both ends - fan expectation vs creator direction that don't mesh completely. How is that Ubi's fault entirely when so many others love ACIII & even find it better than previous installments?

Sure, some of it is in Ubi's delivery - there are criticisms to be had whether it be things missing in the story, bugs & glitches are a clear case where fans can feel let down if the bugs are affecting gameplay significantly. But alot of this is just opinion & preferences.

It's my opinion that Halo didn't change near enough to make the game a new experience and I was done with after the 2nd game. I think they kept on the same direction and it got stale fast. That's why I appreciate Devs who keep tweaking the AC experience.

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 02:36 AM

If you want more details, you are going to have to read my other posts. I can't possibly be expected to re-write all of them.

I don't see how crappy writing automatically creates disconnect.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 02:37 AM
I have to say that this series has lost it's way, from coming from a game that was about planning out your attack (with multiple paths) in any way you felt like with the options that were given. To a series that pushes you in a way that they want you to play, inconsistencies in the story, and inconsistencies in the gameplay. They took away features that people were excited for, removed feature that were once in the game that people liked, after years of asking for a harder game they still fail to do so.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:38 AM

If you cannot bother to summarize your points in a few lines, then I wont bother going through all your posts just to understand your position...

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:39 AM
I never claimed my post was in English. so that`s mute, but I applaud you for the attempt..

Also...I never ignored that..I replied to it...And it`s vague, So I ask again..Clarify to ignorant me how ACR disconnects from the rest of the series STORY WISE..Yeah It`s not English

you replied to the post but you ignored it's content. lets not argue about that though.

ACR is the disconnect from previous installments in terms of the overarching story because AC:R is where they decide to ignore all of the buildup in lore starting with e-mails in AC1 and continued with glyphs in ACII and Rifts in ACB. You meet S16, but don't ask him what he was trying to tell you. they disregard the significance in any way of Lucy's death, and Don't reveal any new information, despite the titular promise of doing so.

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:41 AM
you replied to the post but you ignored it's content. lets not argue about that though.

ACR is the disconnect from previous installments in terms of the overarching story because AC:R is where they decide to ignore all of the buildup in lore starting with e-mails in AC1 and continued with glyphs in ACII and Rifts in ACB. You meet S16, but don't ask him what he was trying to tell you. they disregard the significance in any way of Lucy's death, and Don't reveal any new information, despite the titular promise of doing so.

this doesn;t sound like "lost its way" to me

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:41 AM
I have to say that this series has lost it's way, from coming from a game that was about planning out your attack (with multiple paths) in any way you felt like with the options that were given. To a series that pushes you in a way that they want you to play, inconsistencies in the story, and inconsistencies in the gameplay. They took away features that people were excited for, removed feature that were once in the game that people liked, after years of asking for a harder game they still fail to do so.
the problem with this (while I completely agree) is that doing this is how they made their money; by making the game user-friendly and "EPIC".

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:43 AM
this doesn;t sound like "lost its way" to me
Disregarding The entirety of the lore in making decisions for future installments is not "lost it's way" to you? then nothing will be and we can stop replying to each other's posts. thank you.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:43 AM

So you ignore the fact that Emails were not answered in AC II and ACB, but you hold it on ACR ? You ignore the fact that the truth video was never explained in AC II and ACB, but you hold it on ACR ?? You ignore the fact that they never explained how Ezio and Altair shared the same Apple in AC II and ACB, but finally explain it in ACR ??

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 02:45 AM
So you ignore the fact that Emails were not answered in AC II and ACB, but you hold it on ACR ? You ignore the fact that the truth video was never explained in AC II and ACB, but you hold it on ACR ?? You ignore the fact that they never explained how Ezio and Altair shared the same Apple in AC II and ACB, but finally explain it in ACR ??

I'd dog on those unexplained instances, but certainly not the whole game.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 02:47 AM
the problem with this (while I completely agree) is that doing this is how they made their money; by making the game user-friendly and "EPIC".

User-friendly only relates to the game being super easy, but after so many years it becomes boring. You make a game harder as it goes on, not easier, the addition of the kill streaks really made the game way too easy, even though they look nice, it takes away the small amount of challenge that was in the game before. Epic?? idk about that anymore, from everyone that i've talked to about the game, their view has fallen, or stayed the same because they didn't have high hopes for the game. There are the few people that say the games are getting better, but those are fanboys and i don't count them.

They could just add a difficulty system and there is the challenge, change the sync. system into other missions since now they are pointless, add more customization (enough to make one playthrough feel different from another playthrough), co-op, better AI and blending, and more stealth. These are the things they need to work on

the way i see it, they should have talked about the subject 16 video in ACB, at the very least. But they didn't and it was horrible

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:49 AM

1) Ezio and Altair didn't share the same apple, if you played AC1 thoroughly you would know that.

2) The E-mails were EXPANDED upon in ACII. The truth video was EXPANDED upon in ACB. BUT in ACR the person who put together all of these conspiracy theories and mysteries is sitting right in front of you, and Desmond doesn't bother to ask him what the heck was going on. ACR failed to expand upon any of the mystery the way the previous installments were able to, and now, as we can see by the ending of ACIII, they were forgotten about altogether.

3) I never asked for an explanation, but not incorporating such a key part of the series in its ending is bizarre and a huge disconnect.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 02:49 AM
User-friendly only relates to the game being super easy, but after so many years it becomes boring. You make a game harder as it goes on, not easier, the addition of the kill streaks really made the game way too easy, even though they look nice, it takes away the small amount of challenge that was in the game before. Epic?? idk about that anymore, from everyone that i've talked to about the game, their view has fallen, or stayed the same because they didn't have high hopes for the game. There are the few people that say the games are getting better, but those are fanboys and i don't count them.

They could just add a difficulty system and there is the challenge, change the sync. system into other missions since now they are pointless, add more customization (enough to make one playthrough feel different from another playthrough), co-op, better AI and blending, and more stealth. These are the things they need to work on
I certainly agree with you

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 02:50 AM
what they need to do... is do away with there whole counter-to-kill system. its the bases of the fighting mechanic. they need to completely do away with it completely and re-imagine the whole fighting mechanic. the fighting will literally never get any harder because the bases of it is simply to easy

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 02:53 AM
1) Ezio and Altair didn't share the same apple, if you played AC1 thoroughly you would know that.

2) The E-mails were EXPANDED upon in ACII. The truth video was EXPANDED upon in ACB. BUT in ACR the person who put together all of these conspiracy theories and mysteries is sitting right in front of you, and Desmond doesn't bother to ask him what the heck was going on. ACR failed to expand upon any of the mystery the way the previous installments were able to, and now, as we can see by the ending of ACIII, they were forgotten about altogether.

3) I never asked for an explanation, but not incorporating such a key part of the series in its ending is bizarre and a huge disconnect.
NEVER was it hinted at before ACR that Ezio and Altair did not share the same apple..

Emails expanded upon in AC II ?? So you must know how Leila Morino died and who that guy who sent that "I know" email was right ? And the truth video expanded upon ?? That never happened..They just started new puzzles...Or maybe i`m an Idiot..so please tell me how they expanded upon the truth video

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 02:57 AM
what they need to do... is do away with there whole counter-to-kill system. its the bases of the fighting mechanic. they need to completely do away with it completely and re-imagine the whole fighting mechanic. the fighting will literally never get any harder because the bases of it is simply to easy

They won't do that, they're too scared. They don't have the courage to really do something drastically different to their number one source of income (game wise).

Instead bring back the idea of dying in a few hits, and make the attacks faster. Increase the AI so they surround you and attack together, not just one or two at a time. Make us want to play smarter, keep the higher ground, not get surrounded, avoid combat with larger numbers, hide bodies so we don't cause a guards to be on high alert for a long time.

NEVER was it hinted at before ACR that Ezio and Altair did not share the same apple..

Emails expanded upon in AC II ?? So you must know how Leila Morino died and who that guy who sent that "I know" email was right ? And the truth video expanded upon ?? That never happened..They just started new puzzles...Or maybe i`m an Idiot..so please tell me how they expanded upon the truth video

idk i always thought they had different apples. the emails that were sent weren't they from WIlliam, and the truth video was explained by showing how adam and eve fought against those who came before and whatnot. The truth video in AC2 was expanded on

dchil279
11-29-2012, 03:02 AM

Emails expanded upon in AC II ?? So you must know how Leila Morino died and who that guy who sent that "I know" email right ? And the truth video expanded upon ?? That never happened..They just started new puzzles...Or maybe i`m an Idiot..so please tell me how they expanded upon the truth video

I never said they explained anything, but they kept building up this lore that was completely disregarded in ACR and ACIII. I never said I knew how any of those things happened, just that they were completely thrust aside in the final 2 games, and that is why the ending to the series is uneventful; because a trend started in ACR. when patrice left.

PS in AC1, Lucy says that they destroyed Altairs apple in an accident and were not using Desmond to find the apple, but to view the map. Not knowing this doesn't make you an idiot just very stubbornly unobservant or forgetful. I'm looking for a youtube video to help you out but I can't find one. It seems AC1 doesn't get the same kind of love on youtube as the other games.

PPS I really have to go now but I'll be back at some point.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:03 AM
idk i always thought they had different apples. the emails that were sent weren't they from WIlliam, and the truth video was explained by showing how adam and eve fought against those who came before and whatnot. The truth video in AC2 was expanded on
YOU thought..everyone else thought they were the same. and no one ever explained that these emails were from William, I do not know where you got that from..and no, the truth video was never mentioned again after AC II and was never explained how Eve got that apple..

I never said they explained anything, but they kept building up this lore that was completely disregarded in ACR and ACIII. I never said I knew how any of those things happened, just that they were completely thrust aside in the final 2 games, and that is why the ending to the series is uneventful; because a trend started in ACR. when patrice left.

PS in AC1, Lucy says that they destroyed Altairs apple in an accident and were not using Desmond to find the apple, but to view the map. Not knowing this doesn't make you an idiot just very stubbornly unobservant or forgetful. I'm looking for a youtube video to help you out but I can't find one. It seems AC1 doesn't get the same kind of love on youtube as the other games.

PPS I really have to go now but I'll be back at some point. Which is my point..Why hold all these on ACR ?? They kept "expanding on" all these Mysteries in AC II, ACB when they could`v simply explained them in either of those, but you still choose to hold it on ACR.. and that part when Lucy said that Altair`s apple was destroyed, that`s the entire point why everyone was appalled at how that apple still exists in AC II. It was never clarified that these 2 apples were not the same except in ACR..

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:04 AM

PPS I really have to go now but I'll be back at some point.

Here's some proof about the apple being different http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_2

YOU thought..everyone else thought they were the same. and no one ever explained that these emails were from William, I do not know where you got that from..and no, the truth video was never mentioned again after AC II and was never explained how Eve got that apple..

Seems my thoughts were correct. (above link). The emails thing was from me remembering that there were a lot of emails from William, but oh well about that. It wasn't mentioned yes, but it was built upon. Meaning that they mentioned Adam and Eve escaping and fighting back, which was the truth video so yep :P. How i see that is they aren't going to give away everything about that because they could use it in a future story. But the whole desmond's son thing and desmond looking for the eve descendant thing was forgotten and now we can't really do it since Desmond was suppose to do it.

Of course they could do it but then the story wouldn't make sense with Subject 16 saying desmond should do it

rupok2
11-29-2012, 03:06 AM

Exactly and this was the biggest disappointment for me. It feels like huge parts of the story which would have made things immensely interesting were just thrown away and made into some generic stuff to make things less convoluted and get more buyers. The people who think halo's story is the best story in video games those kind of people Ubisoft wanted them to buy the game but they failed on both ends. They didn't manage to get the generic gamers out there and they are losing fans like me.

dchil279
11-29-2012, 03:06 AM
Here's some proof about the apple being different http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Apple_of_Eden_2
obviously there is proof that they are different, I just wanted video proof in AC1 specifically so it can't e attributed to the wiki's tendency to assume things sometimes.

i swear im actually leaving now.

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 03:07 AM

That still doesn't explain WHEN the two apples were explained during the series. We know the difference now, but definitely not back then.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:10 AM

Seems my thoughts were correct. (above link). The emails thing was from me remembering that there were a lot of emails from William, but oh well about that. It wasn't mentioned yes, but it was built upon. Meaning that they mentioned Adam and Eve escaping and fighting back, which was the truth video so yep :P. How i see that is they aren't going to give away everything about that because they could use it in a future story. But the whole desmond's son thing and desmond looking for the eve descendant thing was forgotten and now we can't really do it since Desmond was suppose to do it.

Of course they could do it but then the story wouldn't make sense with Subject 16 saying desmond should do it
What ? I know they`re different...Even the Wiki assumed that this was a retcon before ACR was released...Again, the truth Video on its own explains that Yes Adam and Eve started the uprising against those who came before..It was never explained or "expanded upon" in ACB how Eve got the Apple, and what the abrupt ending to the video meant..

UrDeviant1
11-29-2012, 03:12 AM
Oh really, you think Ubisoft have lost their way? Excuse them while they dry their tears on a 10,000 dollar bill. ;)

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:14 AM
What ? I know they`re different...Even the Wiki assumed that this was a retcon before ACR was released...Again, the truth Video on its own explains that Yes Adam and Eve started the uprising against those who came before..It was never explained or "expanded upon" in ACB how Eve got the Apple, and what the abrupt ending to the video meant..

If you knew they were different then why were you arguing against it? or were you? the point was that they did explain it. See i never looked at that video and was like "What? I want to know how they got the apple" I was looking at it as, "wtf is this and why show it" i don't see the point to say we got the apple by doing this and that, so why say it now? What is your point M?

Oh really, you think Ubisoft have lost their way? Excuse them while they dry their tears on a 10,000 dollar bill. ;)

LOL, doesn't mean that they haven't. But i liked this comment :)

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:15 AM
Just so everyone knows, I acknowledge the presence of the crappy writing and some things that were abandoned in the story. My only gripe is how people hold ACR responsible for things that AC II and ACB are guilty of as well..

pirate1802
..people tend to forget that EVERYONE tore AC II apart when it was first released for "abandoning its way"

O.o Who would think that, given AC2's godlike status now? I wasn't there then, but I'd be here to document the fall and rise of AC III xD

dchil279
I'm telling you that it was explained in AC1 that Altair's apple was not existent anymore and therefore Ezio's must be different. If you don't want to believe me that's fine. Even if this were a plothole though it would be a minor one.

What you are failing to understand is that I am not saying anything specific from previous games was ever expanded upon, like the truth video and some parts of some emails (even though they were its besides my point), I am saying that the LORE was (until ACR) and that same LORE was disregarded in ACR and again in ACIII.

Now I really must be getting to the airport.....

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:16 AM
Just so everyone knows, I acknowledge the presence of the crappy writing and some things that were abandoned in the story. My only gripe is how people hold ACR responsible for things that AC II and ACB are guilty of as well..

okay so this is your point? So how is AC2 and ACB guilty of the same things ACR and AC3? I would like to see your perspective :)

Now I really must be getting to the airport.....

get to the airport NOW :)

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:16 AM
If you knew they were different then why were you arguing against it? or were you? the point was that they did explain it. See i never looked at that video and was like "What? I want to know how they got the apple" I was looking at it as, "wtf is this and why show it" i don't see the point to say we got the apple by doing this and that, so why say it now? What is your point M?

My point is right above this post..and it stands, there things that were not explained in AC II and ACB, but people hold it on ACR...Why ??

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:18 AM
My point is right above this post..and it stands, there things that were not explained in AC II and ACB, but people hold it on ACR...Why ??

lol i already saw your post and replied to it

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:18 AM
okay so this is your point? So how is AC2 and ACB guilty of the same things ACR and AC3? I would like to see your perspective :)
AC II had the truth Video that ended abruptly. it was never explained in ACB how Eve got that Apple and why that Video ended Abruptly and why Eve said "look out"
It was never explained in AC II how Leila Morino died, who was she and how she died. It was also never explained in AC II who the person that sent that Email was.

rupok2
11-29-2012, 03:21 AM
O ya one thing I wanted to mention about the false advertising. You know the gameplay videos Ubisoft put out for AC3? They weren't even in THE GAME! I just remembered this now and looked back to make sure. Its like I bought a whole different game than the one they showed in multiple 7-10 minute videos. Especially the whole part in the frontier video.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:23 AM
O ya one thing I wanted to mention about the false advertising. You know the gameplay videos Ubisoft put out for AC3? They weren't even in THE GAME! I just remembered this now and looked back to make sure. Its like I bought a whole different game than the one they showed in multiple 7-10 minute videos.
Tell me again how ALL the Videos of ACB and AC II were part of the final game

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:24 AM
AC II had the truth Video that ended abruptly. it was never explained in ACB how Eve got that Apple and why that Video ended Abruptly and why Eve said "look out"
It was never explained in AC II how Leila Morino died, who was she and how she died. It was also never explained in AC II who the person that sent that Email was.

Video was to expand on the Lore, the video ended abruptly probably because they were about to be attack, which then points out why Eve said "look out". The way I see it is these facts don't have a heavy role on the main story while what was in ACB did and was left alone in ACR. Yes AC2 may have left some minor details out that wouldn't effect the story but ACR left out details that could have changed everything.

It was explained that Leila Morino was Lucy was her friend, and she committed suicide. Although I'm guessing you're going off of how Lucy thought it was a bigger deal, again small detail. Which email would you be referring to?

rupok2
11-29-2012, 03:25 AM

Maybe slight changes here and there but actual gameplay videos of Ac2/ brotherhood were all intact, not like Ac3 where they removed WHOLE missions so they could release their cash cow on time.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:27 AM
Video was to expand on the Lore, the video ended abruptly probably because they were about to be attack, which then points out why Eve said "look out". The way I see it is these facts don't have a heavy role on the main story while what was in ACB did and was left alone in ACR. Yes AC2 may have left some minor details out that wouldn't effect the story but ACR left out details that could have changed everything.

It was explained that Leila Morino was Lucy was her friend, and she committed suicide. Although I'm guessing you're going off of how Lucy thought it was a bigger deal, again small detail. Which email would you be referring to?
Ah so you refer to those things as minor..how can you be sure that anything 16 said was not minor ?? Why do you think "the son your son" is something major ? Why do you think that this whole Eve thing is something important ? and if it was, then they should`v explained the Truth video more, because you know....Eve is supposed to change the whole thing right ?

So I can basically say anything YOU say was unexplained was Minor and get away with it..

The Email that had someone that saw Abstergo`s work with the apple and said the "He`ll tell"

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:29 AM
Maybe slight changes here and there but actual gameplay videos of Ac2/ brotherhood were all intact, not like Ac3 where they removed WHOLE missions so they could release their cash cow on time.
Really ? Nope...Carlo was never assassinated in the Carnival...Flying Machine was never used in the Carnival..
That Pantheon Assassination Video of ACB was completely absent from the game and it showed that you can call 5 recruits at once...never happened..

pirate1802
11-29-2012, 03:30 AM

Yeah.. The first AC game I followed closely pre-release was ACB. And I was very pissed when I found that Ezio-Cesare-encounter-near-the-Pantheon wasn't there in the game. Then I learned about the nature of these advertising. And its not just AC. Everyone's doing it. Its nothing to be surprised of at this point, if someone's following the past trends.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:31 AM
People will go to any lengths and give any excuses to further their points...

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 03:40 AM

You totally lose me when you make judgments on their Motives like that. This was in the works for close to 3 years - it had to be released when the date came - none of us know why parts were taken out. It's certainly not just to screw people & make money quicker. Come on.

& by the way ALL game companies are trying to make money - they put out alot of money making these huge things.

ProdiGurl
11-29-2012, 03:44 AM
Yeah.. The first AC game I followed closely pre-release was ACB. And I was very pissed when I found that Ezio-Cesare-encounter-near-the-Pantheon wasn't there in the game. Then I learned about the nature of these advertising. And its not just AC. Everyone's doing it. Its nothing to be surprised of at this point, if someone's following the past trends.

I remember when ACR was finally released, here in the forum, people were literally complaining and let down that Ubi's trailer was the very start of the game itself.
So even when it's 'verbatim', they 're angry that it's the exact trailer. They weren't excited about that becuz they had already seen it.
WT___________??????????
Again, they can't do anything without people trashing them.

monster_rambo
11-29-2012, 03:48 AM
Ubisoft is a letdown. Promised to answer all our questions about the truth, 16, ACB ending, etc....in ACR and AC3. Things that were promised were never in the game. Over exaggeration, no, in fact, it is flat out false marketing. AC has being going downhill since Patrice Desilets left and AC is ruined by greedy liars like Alex Hutchinson. end of story. Terrific post OP.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:49 AM
Ah so you refer to those things as minor..how can you be sure that anything 16 said was not minor ?? Why do you think "the son your son" is something major ? Why do you think that this whole Eve thing is something important ? and if it was, then they should`v explained the Truth video more, because you know....Eve is supposed to change the whole thing right ?

So I can basically say anything YOU say was unexplained was Minor and get away with it..

The Email that had someone that saw Abstergo`s work with the apple and said the "He`ll tell"

the subject 16 thing was major because he was telling Desmond directly to find Eve and the your son comment, those are thing that are self explanatory really. Eve saying "look out" that's because obviously they are being chased. how they got the apple is interesting but they probably stole it, how they stole it well that's the mystery. Finding out how they stole it wouldn't change the main story about desmond though. And Eve wasn't suppose to change everything, her descendent, someone with her genetic dna. So your comment on the truth video doesn't make sense with my comment.

It's minor because it wouldn't effect the main story, major would. So with that understanding that you should be able to agree with, then you can't just say something is minor as a immature reply. Not saying you are immature, but that comment appeared to be immature.

Ahh okay that email, hmmm. Well what I see is that Abstergo got to that guy. Obviously he isn't an assassin because an assassin would say that.

I remember when ACR was finally released, here in the forum, people were literally complaining and let down that Ubi's trailer was the very start of the game itself.
So even when it's 'verbatim', they 're angry that it's the exact trailer. They weren't excited about that becuz they had already seen it.
WT___________??????????
Again, they can't do anything without people trashing them.

which trailer, the sick CGI trailer? if so i guess I can see why because they showed something that was amazing and you couldn't even fight like that. I guess the only thing they can do if they don't want people trashing them about that stuff is, well just make a trailer that represents the actual gameplay

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:50 AM
Ubisoft is a letdown. Promised to answer all our questions about the truth, 16, ACB ending, etc....in ACR and AC3. Things that were promised were never in the game. Over exaggeration, no, in fact, it is flat out false marketing. AC has being going downhill since Patrice Desilets left and AC is ruined by greedy liars like Alex Hutchinson. end of story. Terrific post OP.
I want to REALLY reply legitimately to this, but....I`m going to sound unnecessarily repetitive...

So Just this...nah

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 03:53 AM
the subject 16 thing was major because he was telling Desmond directly to find Eve and the your son comment, those are thing that are self explanatory really. Eve saying "look out" that's because obviously they are being chased. how they got the apple is interesting but they probably stole it, how they stole it well that's the mystery. Finding out how they stole it wouldn't change the main story about desmond though. And Eve wasn't suppose to change everything, her descendent, someone with her genetic dna. So your comment on the truth video doesn't make sense with my comment.

It's minor because it wouldn't effect the main story, major would. So with that understanding that you should be able to agree with, then you can't just say something is minor as a immature reply. Not saying you are immature, but that comment appeared to be immature.

Ahh okay that email, hmmm. Well what I see is that Abstergo got to that guy. Obviously he isn't an assassin because an assassin would say that.

which trailer, the sick CGI trailer? if so i guess I can see why because they showed something that was amazing and you couldn't even fight like that. I guess the only thing they can do if they don't want people trashing them about that stuff is, well just make a trailer that represents the actual gameplay
Your comments are immature too by your logic..

16`s Speech is minor..he was half mad..It did not mean anything..you put too much thought into it...(Annoying is it not ?) That`s what you basically do..no matter how much I explain it..And I don't know, but considering her descendant was so important, you`d think they`d give Eve something more than a video that`s a few seconds long..

I wanted Ubisoft to explain that Email in the game..not speculate about it on the forum

monster_rambo
11-29-2012, 03:53 AM
I want to REALLY reply legitimately to this, but....I`m going to sound unnecessarily repetitive...

So Just this...nah

I really thought that you completely disagreed with me in my original posts when I rant about all of these things. Is good to see you seeing the same things I do.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Your comments are immature too by your logic..

16`s Speech is minor..he was half mad..It did not mean anything..you put too much thought into it...(Annoying is it not ?) That`s what you basically do..no matter how much I explain it..

I wanted Ubisoft to explain to that Email in the game..not speculate about it on the forum

really, I would like to know where so that I don't make that mistake again :).. Nope, i honestly don't really put much though into this unless i see it's on the forum and feel like replying. Other then that AC is not on my mind :P. But the way I see it is Subject 16's conversation wasn't minor at all, and a lot of people thought so as well. He was trying to help save the world, and was telling Desmond a way to do it.

Well tell Ubisoft to stop messing up the story :P

ZephyrStrife
11-29-2012, 03:58 AM
Considering I'm one of the few who wasn't remotely impressed with AC:B (the story wasn't worth telling imo) nor was I happy with AC:R (over-familiarity) made AC3 a breath of fresh air for me. I don't know, I blame it on Ezio. He lost his charm halfway through AC2. I couldn't stand him after awhile.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 04:01 AM
really, I would like to know where so that I don't make that mistake again :).. Nope, i honestly don't really put much though into this unless i see it's on the forum and feel like replying. Other then that AC is not on my mind :P. But the way I see it is Subject 16's conversation wasn't minor at all, and a lot of people thought so as well. He was trying to help save the world, and was telling Desmond a way to do it.

Well tell Ubisoft to stop messing up the story :P
You seem to think that I think that Ubisoft did not mess up some things in the story...THEY BLOODY DID !! I said that already. My problem is you people exempting AC II and ACB from things you accuse ACR of...

ACR did not explain things, but so did AC II and ACB..and some of these things could`v been major...I mean you`d think how Eve`s descendant is so important, they`d give Eve something more than a few seconds Video, but they ignored that in ACB too..

Leila Morino sounded like a very Interesting Story, but again they threw that away in AC II and ACB...

So Yes...AC II and ACB are just as guilty as ACR and AC III

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 04:03 AM

The CGI trailers, besides ACR's actual story trailer, DID represent the mechanics of the game. AC1's social stealth, ACII's disarming, courtesans, and hidden gun, ACB's recruits, cutting down horses, throwing multiple daggers simultaneously, ACIII's meatshield, cover from gunfire, dual wield ALL came from the CGI trailers. If they're CGI, why not spruce them up? Nothing wrong with that.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:11 AM
You seem to think that I think that Ubisoft did not mess up some things in the story...THEY BLOODY DID !! I said that already. My problem is you people exempting AC II and ACB from things you accuse ACR of...

ACR did not explain things, but so did AC II and ACB..and some of these things could`v been major...I mean you`d think how Eve`s descendant is so important, they`d give Eve something more than a few seconds Video, but they ignored that in ACB too..

Leila Morino sounded like a very Interesting Story, but again they threw that away in AC II and ACB...

So Yes...AC II and ACB are just as guilty as ACR and AC III

Nope, never assumed that you didn't think Ubisoft messed things up. I know by now that even if you argue with someone's point that doesn't mean you don't agree with it. you shouldn't assume that I thought that.

The difference is in AC2 they left out 2 things, that of course yea they should have said just to add to the story. But my point isn't that they didn't leave things out of AC2, my point is they left out things in a game that was suppose to explain everything and it continued into AC3.

The truth video didn't relate to Eve's descendant though. We already learned that Adam and Eve took the apple, and started a rebellion, and you know what from there. Is there really any reason to go into more detail then that? if they do and wanted to make a game about it then we would already know how everything happens.

Meh, maybe to you. To me it was just a girl killed herself and she was Lucy's friend. If she didn't kill herself then Abstergo made it look like it. Not really much there, she fought against them, they killed her, Lucy wanted to know but didn't find out. There were more important things happening...

The truth video didn't relate to Eve's descendant though. We already learned that Adam and Eve took the apple, and started a rebellion, and you know what from there. Is there really any reason to go into more detail then that? if they do and wanted to make a game about it then we would already know how everything happens.

But i've already stated that yes AC2 has left out stuff, and so did ACB but i never said they didn't. In fact if you actually knew me then you would know that I don't really care for ACB or ACR. And such with this understanding that I wouldn't say, "oh ACB did things better then ACR and AC3"

you never stated how i was being immature? odd lol.

The CGI trailers, besides ACR's actual story trailer, DID represent the mechanics of the game. AC1's social stealth, ACII's disarming, courtesans, and hidden gun, ACB's recruits, cutting down horses, throwing multiple daggers simultaneously, ACIII's meatshield, cover from gunfire, dual wield ALL came from the CGI trailers. If they're CGI, why not spruce them up? Nothing wrong with that.

I'm kinda out of it right now, so i'm not sure if you're saying that the CGI trailer did represent the mechanics in the game or not. I'm assuming you are saying they did and thus are arguing against my comment. I will clarify then, the CGI trailer's combat is nothing like the actual gameplay in ACR. You rarely redirect other people's attacks to kill others, if you even do that. It's more like you can only disarm people and use their weapons and thus hold their weapon.

In fact the only person i can remember using someone's weapon against them without disarming them was the stalkers. So the CGI redirecting attacks part of the trailer (the majority of it) was not an accurate representation of the gameplay

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 04:15 AM
Nope, never assumed that you didn't think Ubisoft messed things up. I know by now that even if you argue with someone's point that doesn't mean you don't agree with it. you shouldn't assume that I thought that.

The difference is in AC2 they left out 2 things, that of course yea they should have said just to add to the story. But my point isn't that they didn't leave things out of AC2, my point is they left out things in a game that was suppose to explain everything and it continued into AC3.

Meh, maybe to you. To me it was just a girl killed herself and she was Lucy's friend. If she didn't kill herself then Abstergo made it look like it. Not really much there, she fought against them, they killed her, Lucy wanted to know but didn't find out. There were more important things happening...

But i've already stated that yes AC2 has left out stuff, and so did ACB but i never said they didn't. In fact if you actually knew me then you would know that I don't really care for ACB or ACR. And such with this understanding that I wouldn't say, "oh ACB did things better then ACR and AC3"

you never stated how i was being immature? odd lol.
Why are we having this conversation then ? xD

I never said you were being Immature, I said your comments were Immature :P

monster_rambo
11-29-2012, 04:17 AM

The comments made by a person can suggest that they themselves are immature. So in fact, you are saying he is immature.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:18 AM

Idk it sounded like you were saying that ACR and AC3 were great, in which i would say yea AC3 is great-ish. But ACR was horrible when compared to the series, although this is opinionated.

what comments :P, i actually wanted to see it so then I could know not to make a comment like that again towards you :P

The comments made by a person can suggest that they themselves are immature. So in fact, you are saying he is immature.

I assumed he meant in a specific time/comment/reply and wasn't referring to my personality. haha

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 04:19 AM
ACB is the best!

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:20 AM
ACB is the best!

... ughhhhh... i... disagree. Personally, I think that's when the series started to fall

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 04:20 AM
Idk it sounded like you were saying that ACR and AC3 were great, in which i would say yea AC3 is great-ish. But ACR was horrible when compared to the series, although this is opinionated.

Oh then what comments :P, i actually wanted to see it so then I could know not to make a comment like that again towards you :P
That`s because you assumed;) and Yes *gasp* it is Opinionated xP

You know ? I`d rather we just drop this whole Immature thing altogether :P

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:22 AM
That`s because you assumed;) and Yes *gasp* it is Opinionated xP

You know ? I`d rather we just drop this whole Immature thing altogether :P

yea and you know what, whey we assume we make an as* out of you and me, me and you (since i said we :P). I added the opinionated part because I know that people on these forums come at those comments recklessly.

NO!!!! (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻... lol okay

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 04:22 AM
... ughhhhh... i... disagree. Personally, I think that's when the series started to fall

bro... ACB is almost a reskin of AC2.... except better

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:24 AM
bro... ACB is almost a reskin of AC2.... except better

Well i'm against the sync. system and the kill chains since the kill chain made the game even easier, rather than make the game more challenging they did the opposite. And the sync. system is annoying and pointless to me.

So that's why i think ACB is where the series started to fall and continued to do so. Although AC3 is better then ACB and ACR, AC1 is still the best and truest AC game yet

lol your comment made me laugh though, I read it like you were hyped.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 04:25 AM
yea and you know what, whey we assume we make an as* out of you and me, me and you (since i said we :P). I added the opinionated part because I know that people on these forums come at those comments recklessly.

NO!!!! (╯░□░)╯︵ ┻━┻... lol okay
I know right ? xD

Also...:p

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:30 AM
I know right ? xD

Also...:p

lol how did i type "whey" when i meant "when"? oh well hah. i got to say i really wish the series would mix with an RPG game, I need a medieval sword/bow rpg game. Of course that's when they go back to a time frame when there aren't any guns.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 04:31 AM
lol how did i type "whey" when i meant "when"? oh well hah. i got to say i really wish the series would mix with an RPG game, I need a medieval sword/bow rpg game. Of course that's when they go back to a time frame when there aren't any guns.
Well they did say that they can go back in time, so who knows...

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Well they did say that they can go back in time, so who knows...

yea i mean they can't stay in the future, although what I see happening which would be better story wise (imo) would if AC4 ,started in London, AC5 China, and AC6 ancient Egypt. But I really want Egypt soon :)

TrueAssassin77
11-29-2012, 04:45 AM
AC3.5 france
AC4 vatican london
AC5 China
AC5.5 another part of cjina

i want russia or germany as well

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 04:46 AM
yea i mean they can't stay in the future, although what I see happening which would be better story wise (imo) would if AC4 ,started in London, AC5 China, and AC6 ancient Egypt. But I really want Egypt soon :)
I`d welcome all these Settings, but if they do Egypt, i wouldn't really want Ancient Egypt, I`d love something at around the 1200s or 1300s..

Connect it somehow with Altair and the rest of his Family...That would be Epic...Darim seems like a potentially awesome Secondary main Character..

ZephyrStrife
11-29-2012, 05:01 AM
I just want the French Revolution. It's been a long time coming.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 05:42 AM
I`d welcome all these Settings, but if they do Egypt, i wouldn't really want Ancient Egypt, I`d love something at around the 1200s or 1300s..

Connect it somehow with Altair and the rest of his Family...That would be Epic...Darim seems like a potentially awesome Secondary main Character..

haha yea that's why i was moving back in time, ancient egypt would be amazing. But Ubisoft would have to do something interesting with the sand, like sliding on it when moving down slopes or something.

Yea what they could do is even make a HUGE AC game with Darim being a friend in the SP story when he goes to Alexandria. And have co-op when Altair and Darim go to kill Genghis Khan

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm kinda out of it right now, so i'm not sure if you're saying that the CGI trailer did represent the mechanics in the game or not. I'm assuming you are saying they did and thus are arguing against my comment. I will clarify then, the CGI trailer's combat is nothing like the actual gameplay in ACR. You rarely redirect other people's attacks to kill others, if you even do that. It's more like you can only disarm people and use their weapons and thus hold their weapon.

In fact the only person i can remember using someone's weapon against them without disarming them was the stalkers. So the CGI redirecting attacks part of the trailer (the majority of it) was not an accurate representation of the gameplay
I assumed you were talking about AC CGI trailers in general, not specifically ACR. That's my bad. But I never did disagree with you on ACR's trailer, anyway.

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 05:49 AM
I assumed you were talking about AC CGI trailers in general, not specifically ACR. That's my bad. But I never did disagree with you on ACR's trailer, anyway.

okay, well i mean yea AC CGI trailers haven't always been true to the series. Except AC2 that was the best, even AC1 had the crossbow but was taken out because the Hassassins didn't use crossbows.

zhengyingli
11-29-2012, 05:52 AM
okay, well i mean yea AC CGI trailers haven't always been true to the series. Except AC2 that was the best, even AC1 had the crossbow but was taken out because the Hassassins didn't use crossbows.
The biggest irony of all is that when ACR's CGI trailer did not show us any new concept like the other trailers, it's actually canon to the story.

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 05:54 AM
okay, well i mean yea AC CGI trailers haven't always been true to the series. Except AC2 that was the best,
AC II had stealth ?

ace3001
11-29-2012, 06:02 AM
AC II had stealth ?You could BLEND. :p

Assassin_M
11-29-2012, 06:03 AM
You could BLEND. :p
:eek: Oh....That

DavisP92
11-29-2012, 06:11 AM
AC II had stealth ?

haha, well the CGI trailer didn't show stealth so yea it pretty much was spot on :P.

They should really make the next assassin dress like the normal citizen but have a few features that are different in his outfits plus the hood. And when he's blending he should put the hood down.

you can't really blend with a group of people when guards were just chasing a guy in a white hood and you're standing there next to two guys with your white hood up :/

montagemik
11-29-2012, 07:39 AM
:eek: Oh....That

And Haystacks / leafcarts - Don't forget Haystacks & leafcarts LOL :rolleyes:

Dangerzone50
11-29-2012, 10:16 AM
well... the ac3 trailer was from sequence 7, its not verbatim (connor goes the stealth route for full sync) but at least its not like the Ac1 through brotherhood trailers, which are not from their respective plots at all... where was the epic fight in front of the pantheon in the final game?

Also, dont even get me started on the ages old "crossbow" debacle again... as it was shown in the AC1 trailer but ever actually made as a weapon, then it was produced for but disabled in AC2 (available on the PC with a hack) and finally shows in ACB with as little fanfare as possible XD

CanterburyTales
12-02-2012, 03:39 AM

NOTE: Long overdue rant incoming!

For me, the series started rolling downhill in story quality, if only slowly at first, with Brotherhood: first there was the whole "Templars created capitalism" thing that I found hypocritical coming from a cash-cow franchise (not to mention, at odds with the arguable capitalism happening with Ezio's rebuilding of Rome); then there was the killing of Lucy and making her a Templar double agent since, now that I've played ACR and AC 3, doesn't seem to have had any purpose other than making the audience's jaw drop (also I always found the reason they gave in The Lost Archive as stupid, since she actually was in contact with the Assassins during her time at Abstergo, not to mention how nothing in AC 1 or AC 2 suggested that she was a double agent).

Then on to ACR, where it seems that Ezio is not actually a descendent of Alta´r, which I didn't like as it gives Ezio a greater connection to Alta´r, plus plenty of other things that could have used polishing.

Then AC 3, where the character of Daniel Cross was a major disappointment; and the ending, where, according to the encyclopedia but not confirmed in the game itself, Desmond is killed (though I swear I thought I heard him grunt or something), ending his young life in an act of self-sacrifice for a situation that, IMO, did not evolve naturally from the preceding events in the series, and doesn't give him the happy ending Desmond should have gotten, what with his life so far sucking.

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 04:37 AM

It can work, if they work on timing. That's the factor they didn't use from Arkham City. The combat is a bit harder than it's been for the last two games, until you learn that you can defeat absolutely everyone by equipping rope dart to Y, tapping B whenever you see a red triangle in range of you, and then just roll your thumb around AXY at random. The only places that won't work is in strict fist fight brawls, especially Boston brawls (where each character will be immune to certain moves, and you have to find out which one will work).

If they make timing crucial, you'll have to be totally alert to win in a big fight, just like in Arkham City.

psf22
12-02-2012, 04:41 AM
It can work, if they work on timing. That's the factor they didn't use from Arkham City. The combat is a bit harder than it's been for the last two games, until you learn that you can defeat absolutely everyone by equipping rope dart to Y, tapping B whenever you see a red triangle in range of you, and then just roll your thumb around AXY at random. The only places that won't work is in strict fist fight brawls, especially Boston brawls (where each character will be immune to certain moves, and you have to find out which one will work).

If they make timing crucial, you'll have to be totally alert to win in a big fight, just like in Arkham City.

Don't exaggerate, that fighting system while more 'advanced' is easy too. If you want strict timing I say use SF2 1 frame timing, then you'll see how everyone will struggle except fighting game experts and everyone starts complaining how it is too hard.
Try playing without HUD and see if it's still so easy, I'm sure you'll be struggling more.

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 05:07 AM
Don't exaggerate, that fighting system while more 'advanced' is easy too. If you want strict timing I say use SF2 1 frame timing, then you'll see how everyone will struggle except fighting game experts and everyone starts complaining how it is too hard.
Try playing without HUD and see if it's still so easy, I'm sure you'll be struggling more.

I don't understand what you're talking about. I'm not asking, or expecting, AC3 to have the same skill requirements as a hardcore fighting game used for international competitions.

What I'm pointing out is that, after a certain point in the game, you could not button-mash in Arkham. It would punish you severely for pressing the wrong button or pressing the right button at the wrong time. In AC3, timing does not matter at all, and that's easily fixed in future. I'm not saying Arkham wasn't easy by fighting game standards, but you still needed to pay close attention.

Another factor in Arkham was that it was crucial to use the correct techniques against certain enemy types. Some needed acrobatics to out-manoeuvre them, or get behind them. AC3 still just gives just a fast enemy, a heavy enemy and your grunts, so you can relax a lot more in combat even against a dozen or more enemies.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 05:15 AM
NOTE: Long overdue rant incoming!

there was the killing of Lucy and making her a Templar double agent - I always found the reason they gave in The Lost Archive as stupid, since she actually was in contact with the Assassins during her time at Abstergo, not to mention how nothing in AC 1 or AC 2 suggested that she was a double agent).

So even in AC 1 , You never for a moment saw the role of LUCY & VIDIC as the classic 'Good cop - Bad cop' creating a false sense of trust between her & Desmond.........And despite Abstergo watching her every move supposedly - You didn't see Desmond's escape with her being just a little TOO easy & convenient ? ...............
Rather than risk Desmond resisting them exploring his memories - Far easier to have Desmond go in the Animus willingly through Lucy's cohersion & continue his memory quest believing he'd escaped the Evil Abstergo threat - with their operative along for the ride throughout.

This idea was reinforced (to me at least ) when at the beginning of AC-2 , While Rebecca is setting up system operations in the Monterigioni hideout - Rebecca reports some kind of interferance & more power needed to boost connections . Then we see LUCY offering suggestions almost instantly & on her desk , Her pen appears to be blinking / like a homing device on it -Though this goes Unnoticed by the others throughout the whole game.
& wasn't it mainly LUCY who went out for supplies when needed ?
So personally - I WASN'T too shocked when we discovered she was helping Abstergo all along. There was always an inkling of suspicion about her for me in AC-1 & AC-2 .

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 05:33 AM
So even in AC 1 , You never for a moment saw the role of LUCY & VIDIC as the classic 'Good cop - Bad cop' creating a false sense of trust between her & Desmond.........And despite Abstergo watching her every move supposedly - You didn't see Desmond's escape with her being just a little TOO easy & convenient ? ...............
Rather than risk Desmond resisting them exploring his memories - Far easier to have Desmond go in the Animus willingly through Lucy's cohersion & continue his memory quest believing he'd escaped the Evil Abstergo threat - with their operative along for the ride throughout.

This idea was reinforced (to me at least ) when at the beginning of AC-2 , While Rebecca is setting up system operations in the Monterigioni hideout - Rebecca reports some kind of interferance & more power needed to boost connections . Then we see LUCY offering suggestions almost instantly & on her desk , Her pen appears to be blinking / like a homing device on it -Though this goes Unnoticed by the others throughout the whole game.
So personally - I WASN'T too shocked when we discovered she was helping Abstergo all along. There was always an inkling of suspicion about her for me in AC-1 & AC-2 .

True, I was expecting a double-cross, but she put me at ease when she threw up The Shocker. That always gets my trust.

Sidizen
12-02-2012, 05:37 AM
Yes, Ubisoft better make a Hit game next time or else...

Turul.
12-02-2012, 05:40 AM
the amount of crying babies that fill these forums with uninformed stupidity has gotten quite ridiculous as of late.

this game has been in development for 3 years. its a completely different team from revelations, an brotherhood.

there is a brand new engine and the dev team created things that NO ONE in the industry has even come close to.

the marketing team has absolutely zero connections with the dev team. though they may have had some contact with the dev team, the marketing team has ultimate say in what goes when advertising the game and isn't really concerned with what the dev team wants nor says.

next time you wanna post completely worthless topics because youre butt hurt about your game experience, please don't.

SweetsMachineGun
12-02-2012, 05:41 AM
True, I was expecting a double-cross, but she put me at ease when she threw up The Shocker. That always gets my trust.

omfg why can't I upvote this

psf22
12-02-2012, 05:44 AM
I don't understand what you're talking about. I'm not asking, or expecting, AC3 to have the same skill requirements as a hardcore fighting game used for international competitions.

What I'm pointing out is that, after a certain point in the game, you could not button-mash in Arkham. It would punish you severely for pressing the wrong button or pressing the right button at the wrong time. In AC3, timing does not matter at all, and that's easily fixed in future. I'm not saying Arkham wasn't easy by fighting game standards, but you still needed to pay close attention.

Another factor in Arkham was that it was crucial to use the correct techniques against certain enemy types. Some needed acrobatics to out-manoeuvre them, or get behind them. AC3 still just gives just a fast enemy, a heavy enemy and your grunts, so you can relax a lot more in combat even against a dozen or more enemies.

Eh, I was exaggerating.. thought it was obvious by saying how everyone would complain contra to what you're doing right now, REGARDLESS of systems. You didn't respond to the NO HUD comment at all, so it goes to show you didn't understand my point.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 05:49 AM
Yes, Ubisoft better make a Hit game next time or else...

Or else WHAT ? :confused:

D.I.D.
12-02-2012, 06:02 AM
Eh, I was exaggerating.. thought it was obvious by saying how everyone would complain contra to what you're doing right now, REGARDLESS of systems. You didn't respond to the NO HUD comment at all, so it goes to show you didn't understand my point.

I said I didn't understand your point. So explain it :)

If by "no HUD" you mean that switching off HUD also switches off red triangle warnings, then all that means is that it'll be about as difficult as Desmond's fighting was, i.e. not at all. Instead of looking for a red triangle, I would instead have to look for the beginning of an animation, which is pretty much the same thing. I would still be allowed to just mash that block button until I don't see anyone attacking, and then squeeze my thumb from disarm to attack to ranged weapon until everyone is dead.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 06:18 AM
someone you guys don't realize just how revolutionary the Tree Free Running mechanic is...

ace3001
12-02-2012, 06:39 AM
someone you guys don't realize just how revolutionary the Tree Free Running mechanic is...
It's not really different to how the normal free running was in previous games. Only difference is, when the jump button is separate from the sprint button, we don't accidentally jump off a branch onto the ground. But that has come at the cost of less control over normal free running. If every jump (even from branch to branch) required a button press like how it is in other games that involve jumping (not AC games), rather than Connor doing it automatically, then it'd be perfect. That would feel like we're actually performing the moves rather than the game doing it for us. But then people will be all like "this is too hard boo hoo".

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 06:41 AM
It's not really different to how the normal free running was in previous games. Only difference is, when the jump button is separate from the sprint button, we don't accidentally jump off a branch onto the ground. But that has come at the cost of less control over normal free running. If every jump (even from branch to branch) required a button press like how it is in other games that involve jumping (not AC games), rather than Connor doing it automatically, then it'd be perfect. That would feel like we're actually performing the moves rather than the game doing it for us. But then people will be all like "this is too hard boo hoo".
Try making a tree running system that works when you`re using it and looks perfectly nature when you`re not..

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 06:41 AM
you guys do know that... you don't have to let the auto free run jump for you right? you can press X and jump when you want as well.

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 06:43 AM
you guys do know that... you don't have to let the auto free run jump for you right? you can press X and jump when you want as well.
Expected reply..

"What`s the point ?"

psf22
12-02-2012, 06:44 AM

I think the guy meant, literally using the X button to jump from tree branch to branch lol, not jumping off the tree.

AdrianJacek
12-02-2012, 06:45 AM

I myself got a little suspicious after the Altair segment in AC2. It seemed like she just came up with a excuse...
And a little anecdote - yesterday I was replaying AC2 and I asked my mother (and she did not know about the whole Templar plot twist) if Lucy looks... trustful. Nope. Not a all apparently. :P

Dangerzone50
12-02-2012, 06:48 AM
To be honest, none of this would have bothered me if this was an ordinary Ac game... but its not, it was supposed to be something special, a reward for being a fan and hanging in there all these years... our validation for always saying "just hang in there, they are going somewhere very cool with this"

this game was supposed to be a climax and resolution, it promised to wrap up the story from the previous 5 games... it didnt

It promised to give Desmond a satisfying final conclusion... far from it

it promised to be the length of ezios tale all in ONE game... it wasnt (and it seems now that Connors tale will continue next year)

when you hear "all new engine" you expect to be dazzled... not bogged down by glitches and bugs

you also expect them to build upon the previous titles foundation, refining and adding even more game play mechanics... not simplifying or removing 2 things for every one new thing they added

- "Some folks see the glass as half full or empty. but me, I go looking for the **** who drank half my beer"

EDIT: as for lucy, her story was rewritten when Kristen bell ( the actor who provided her voice) chose to leave the series after contract quarrels... in the original version she was meant to be in it till the end, but when the brotherhood storyline got split off from AC2 and became its own title, they needed an ending... her departure was a stroke of luck it seems

psf22
12-02-2012, 06:48 AM
I myself got a little suspicious after the Altair segment in AC2. It seemed like she just came up with a excuse...
And a little anecdote - yesterday I was replaying AC2 and I asked my mother (and she did not know about the whole Templar plot twist) if Lucy looks... trustful. Nope. Not a all apparently. :P

She was voiced by Veronica Mars' (Kristen Bell), no? She was a good schemer, I never trusted her since AC1.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 06:49 AM
Expected reply..

"What`s the point ?"

expected response:

* a customer goes to wendys. he buys french fries. he is given salt packs incase he wants more salt. instead he complains that there isn't enough salt on his fries, while the salt packs are sitting right in fromt of him.*

same general consept. its stupid to compalin about something like "free running is to easy"

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 06:53 AM
To be honest, none of this would have bothered me if this was an ordinary Ac game... but its not, it was supposed to be something special, a reward for being a fan and hanging in there all these years... our validation for always saying "just hang in there, they are going somewhere very cool with this"

this game was supposed to be a climax and resolution, it promised to wrap up the story from the previous 5 games... it didnt

it promised to be the length of ezios tale all in ONE game... it wasnt (and it seems now that Connors tale will continue next year)

when you hear "all new engine" you expect to be dazzled... not bogged down by glitches and bugs

you also expect them to build upon the previous titles foundation, refining and adding even more game play mechanics... not simplifying or removing 2 things for every one new thing they added

- "Some folks see the glass as half full or empty. but me, I go looking for the **** who drank half my beer"

EDIT: as for lucy, her story was rewritten when Kristen bell ( the actor who provided her voice) chose to leave the series after contract quarrels... in the original version she was meant to be in it till the end, but when the brotherhood storyline got split off from AC2 and became its own title, they needed an ending... her departure was a stroke of luck it seems
The amount of wrong in this post..I was going to break it down, but...Why bother ?? it`s ALL wrong

mazohystic
12-02-2012, 06:53 AM
So even in AC 1 , You never for a moment saw the role of LUCY & VIDIC as the classic 'Good cop - Bad cop' creating a false sense of trust between her & Desmond.........And despite Abstergo watching her every move supposedly - You didn't see Desmond's escape with her being just a little TOO easy & convenient ?

Well holy balls, I do now. How did I even miss that?? Woah. I noticed some foreshadowing in ACB and AC2 but not AC1. Thank you for enlightening me.

Also, can we all just agree that this thread is kind of ridiculous? Like... Of course Ubisoft "lost their way." If you mean they "changed." Do you really think they would be the same throughout the whole series? Ubisoft is a human company. Humans change. They make mistakes. They forget things. They make errors in judgement. They don't know everything. They're not perfect. While Ubisoft may be the ones to "blame" can you really blame them for it? Okay that question was really lame but do you get what I mean?

Nevertheless, I think AC3 is an awesome game. Sure they "lost their way" but I think for they did for better. Maybe not by much, but definitely for the better.

She was voiced by Veronica Mars' (Kristen Bell), no? She was a good schemer, I never trusted her since AC1.

And yes, she was. Kristen Bell. Love her.

psf22
12-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Well holy balls, I do now. How did I even miss that?? Woah. I noticed some foreshadowing in ACB and AC2 but not AC1. Thank you for enlightening me.

Also, can we all just agree that this thread is kind of ridiculous? Like... Of course Ubisoft "lost their way." If you mean they "changed." Do you really think they would be the same throughout the whole series? Ubisoft is a human company. Humans change. They make mistakes. They forget things. They make errors in judgement. They don't know everything. They're not perfect. While Ubisoft may be the ones to "blame" can you really blame them for it? Okay that question was really lame but do you get what I mean?

Nevertheless, I think AC3 is an awesome game. Sure they "lost their way" but I think for they did for better. Maybe not by much, but definitely for the better.

And yes, she was. Kristen Bell. Love her.

I just assumed from the getgo she had a 'special' role, turns out I was right.
She was amazing in VM

Dangerzone50
12-02-2012, 07:00 AM
The amount of wrong in this post..I was going to break it down, but...Why bother ?? it`s ALL wrong

Please do... all of those promises are plain and clear in the E3 interviews, press releases, and hype over AC3. The details of the various rewrites come from numerous sources on the team from various interviews (including Corey may himself) even the brotherhood piggyback guide features a Q and A section which talks about Bells departure and how ACB was supposed to be part of AC2

montagemik
12-02-2012, 07:06 AM

I'm seeing lot's of people claiming "They promised this" "They promised that" .............But i don't recall these promises & nobody gives any links to these actual interviews or Statements that make these promises .

Maybe the definition of Promise has changed :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:07 AM
Please do... all of those promises are plain and clear in the E3 interviews, press releases, and hype over AC3. The details of the various rewrites come from numerous sources on the team from various interviews (including Corey may himself) even the brotherhood piggyback guide features a Q and A section which talks about Bells departure and how ACB was supposed to be part of AC2
THAT is true...But if we`re taking Interviews, Yohalem said that Lucy`s death was planned since their start on AC II...

Yes It did. Whether you liked it or not is subjective, which brings me to the next point..

Again, Subjective. It gave a satisfying conclusion. You simply did not like it.

That never happened..

Fair enough

non-existent. Everything from ALL games in the series is more in AC III.

psf22
12-02-2012, 07:09 AM
That last point is so false, the nerve to say such a thing. Man o man

Just go back and play AC2 and see how limited it actually is, not to mention how small the game is compared to AC3. It's purely nostalgia and distorted memories running its course

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:11 AM

Just go back and play AC2 and see how limited it actually is, not to mention how small the game is compared to AC3. It's purely nostalgia and distorted memories running its course
Mine ?

psf22
12-02-2012, 07:11 AM
No, your reply was correct, but the point you were arguing

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 07:13 AM
Acb= 9.0
ac3= 8.9
ac2= 8.5
acr= 7.0
ac1= n/a

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:13 AM
No, your reply was correct, but the point you were arguing
Ah..
That`s cleared up

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Ah..
That`s cleared up

... not really

psf22
Ah..
That`s cleared up

Yeah, for now lol

ace3001
non-existent. Everything from ALL games in the series is more in AC III.Lies. They took out tower defense.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 07:15 AM

Sounds like people confusing their expectations with non existent promises to me.

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:16 AM
Lies. They took out tower defense.
Naval Battles....nuff said.

And that`s larger than anything

ace3001
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Naval Battles....nuff said.

And that`s larger than anythingBut doesn't change the fact that tower defense isn't in AC3. :p

montagemik
12-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Lies. They took out tower defense.

& replaced it with Fort liberation & Defending homestead ................& Who the hell enjoyed tower defence ???????????? :rolleyes:

You kind of destroyed your own point there. (they also took out leaping in the wrong direction half the time- you want that back too ? )

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:22 AM
& replaced it with Fort liberation & Defending homestead ................& Who the hell enjoyed tower defence ???????????? :rolleyes:

You kind of destroyed your own point there. (they also took out leaping in the wrong direction half the time- you want that back too ? )
I liked tower defense, but hated its context..(Gang wars between Assassins and Templars...LOL)

psf22
12-02-2012, 07:27 AM
Sounds like people confusing their expectations with non existent promises to me.

I watched a lot more of pre-AC2, and I wasn't going on about how I saw this and that but it wasn't in the game etc. Now everyone seems to be praising AC2 and the likes but bash AC3 for it? :/
The worst is that people seriously expected to fight 2000+ men on screen at the same time on Xbox/PS3, as if the console could handle it, that's just laughable for real.
I asked one guy to give me the source of where it was 'allegedly' stated by Ubisoft, but when I quoted them from the link he gave me, he said, "well they IMPLIED it", when he said himself "I knew they weren't going to deliver on those battles like they PROMISED"

See..

I think everyone from now on should just not watch those pre-game things, as they're only fooling themselves. Won't happen anyways

AdrianJacek
12-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I liked tower defense, but hated its context..(Gang wars between Assassins and Templars...LOL)

I liked it too. Reminded me of Robin Hood: Defeder of the Crown for some reason. The context? I dunno, never had a problem with it I guess. 2 groups are fighting over power when the sultan is away.

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:31 AM
I liked it too. Reminded me of Robin Hood: Defeder of the Crown for some reason. The context? I dunno, never had a problem with it I guess. 2 groups are fighting over power when the sultan is away.
It`s just that In recorded History, nothing like this ever occured..

And the flags bearing Assassin Insignias. That was just weird to see considering how almost any trace of the Assassins was wiped out in 1269

AdrianJacek
12-02-2012, 07:40 AM
It`s just that In recorded History, nothing like this ever occured..

And the flags bearing Assassin Insignias. That was just weird to see considering how almost any trace of the Assassins was wiped out in 1269

Anyone can write a book, and they can put whatever they want on its pages. :P

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:43 AM
Anyone can write a book, and they can put whatever they want on its pages. :P
That`s exactly how I convinced myself to look at it xD

Dangerzone50
12-02-2012, 07:44 AM
ill address several people at once here...

First, here are many of the promises i quote in one video... The ubisoft E3 2012 Press conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalhGwC_ym4)skip to about 36 minutes in and compare what they show to whats in the game... note every broken promise to every fulfilled one, not to mention the fact that they showcase several gameplay features (such as random quests) and an entire scene/memory that was lifted and rewritten in the final game

Also gone from Ac3 are/is... (off the top of my head)

An upgradeable armor system
several control concepts, such as snap defensive fighting mode (R1 during combat) and sprinting without rerunning (R1 vs holding R1 and X)
a vast economic system with more uses for money besides buying weapons
a "tutorial" mode which teaches the various advanced combat and free-run maneuvers
Assassin towers/dens (i know the forts are supposed to replace these, but its a poor replacement)
Customizable bombs
the ability to buy shops and landmarks
Having more than 6 recruits
The guilds/factions
Entire side mission chains with their own sub-narrative (I know ACR was the same way, but even it has more proper side missions than AC3... it was all map missions and none are replayable)
with the removal of the side missions also came the removal of other things to do every sequence, as each new one would unlock new missions, weapons, map districts... and every sequence would introduce some new type of mission as well... AC3 just heaps everything on the player in sequence 5 (and what little they hold back is in NY during sequence 9)
also missing are connections between single and multiplayer... as you all know by now, the level 50 cut scene ON ACR showed vidic giving Daniel cross the mission to go grab desmonds father, effectively teasing a vital Ac3 plot line
Random events where you could do some random task and get money
collectables that would actually give a usefull reward
... etc. etc.

I know its all small nitpicks thing... but they are gone none-the-less

Assassin_M
12-02-2012, 07:47 AM

First, here are many of the promises i quote in one video... The ubisoft E3 2012 Press conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalhGwC_ym4)skip to about 36 minutes in and compare what they show to whats in the game... note all the broken promises, not to mention the fact that they showcase several gameplay features (such as random quests) and an entire scene/memory that was lifted and rewritten in the final game

several control concepts, such as snap defensive fighting mode (R1 during combat) and sprinting without rerunning (R1 vs holding R1 and X)
a "tutorial" mode which teaches the various advanced combat and free-run maneuvers
Assassin towers/dens (i know the forts are supposed to replace these, but its a poor replacement)
Customizable bombs
The guilds/factions
Entire side mission chains with their own sub-narrative (I know ACR was the same way, but even it has more proper side missions than AC3... it was all map missions and none are replayable)
with the removal of the side missions also came the removal of other things to do every sequence, as each new one would unlock new missions, weapons, map districts... and every sequence would introduce some new type of mission as well... AC3 just heaps everything on the player in sequence 5 (and what little they hold back is in NY during sequence 9)
also missing are connections between single and multiplayer... as you all know by now, the level 50 cut scene ON ACR showed vidic giving Daniel cross the mission to go grab desmonds father, effectively teasing a vital Ac3 plot line
... etc. etc.

Again ?? You make a Giant wrong (AGAIN ?) post...How am I supposed to break this down ?? That`s worse than your last post

psf22
12-02-2012, 07:49 AM

First, here are many of the promises i quote in one video... The ubisoft E3 2012 Press conference (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HalhGwC_ym4)skip to about 36 minutes in and compare what they show to whats in the game... note every broken promise to every fulfilled one, not to mention the fact that they showcase several gameplay features (such as random quests) and an entire scene/memory that was lifted and rewritten in the final game

Customizable bombs
The guilds/factions
... etc. etc.

Just to be clear, are you saying every point you just mentioned IS mentioned as fact in the video?

Dangerzone50
12-02-2012, 07:53 AM
Just to be clear, are you saying every point you just mentioned IS mentioned as fact in the video?

lol no, i was making 2 seperate points. the list of missing things was just from the top of my head

as for the video, just watch it... tell me if you saw ANY of that demo in the final game

psf22
12-02-2012, 07:54 AM
lol no, i was making 2 seperate points. the list of missing things was just from the top of my head

as for the video, just watch it... tell me if you saw ANY of that demo in the final game

What is it based on then? You surely must get that info from somewhere right?

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 07:57 AM

Customizable bombs
The guilds/factions
... etc. etc.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/729501-My-Thoughts-on-AC3-The-Potential

and i still love the game.......

ace3001
12-02-2012, 08:05 AM

You kind of destroyed your own point there. (they also took out leaping in the wrong direction half the time- you want that back too ? )No one enjoyed it. I didn't either. I didn't even play it more than that mandatory time. But still, that was a feature that was taken out. :p

And I would like the old system back, yes. You only leap in the wrong direction if you try to have the game do everything for you.

TrueAssassin77
12-02-2012, 08:07 AM
ACR was the one game, i only beat once, then tried to start over and simply couldn't finish it. of the AC series.

montagemik
12-02-2012, 08:15 AM

YES - the promotional DEMO video shows LOTS of things that are in the game .
I Had to infiltrate LOTS of forts & blow up their powder reserves.
I Had to kill SILAS & lots of redcoats at a stronghold .
I Had to deliver LOTS of things to various citizens .
I Hunted & killed LOTS of deer & wolves.
I Rode a horse into battles & in the frontier.
I Did LOTS of free running in trees.

NOW Bud ...........Tell me WHERE in that video it states "THIS IS FROM THE FINAL GAME" OR "THE FINAL GAME WILL BE EXACTLY LIKE THIS" ............Go ahead , i'll wait for your reply.
You saw fancy PROMOTIONAL DEMOS & ASSUMED you'd get exactly what's shown . :rolleyes:
HOW OLD ARE YOU - 12 ?? Do you understand PROMOTIONAL MARKETING ? or HOW E3 works ??

Dangerzone50
12-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Yes, i understand how E3 works... but every year previously, they picked a scene right from the finished product... hell the revelations E3 trailer was cliffhangered and continued right into the game itself, how epic was that?!

also, you are wrong... the citizen deliver missions are COMPLETELY different in the final game, this previous version had separate conversations for each person, and implied that lots of people all over the map just wanted one thing... not this "shopping list" version in the final game with every quest giver simply saying "thank you"

believe it or not, i do have a lot of things that i thought were extremely well done... I loved haythems part (i managed to play spoiler free and played not knowing ANYTHING about ac3) cause i actually thought HE was the main character of AC3 and was totally invested in him by the time they pulled that rug out from under me, well played... once i got control of connor i was went "this is more like it!" lol

the maps are the best looking ac maps ever (never mind the fact that they made every map three times (summer, rain, and winter)

the double counters (nuff' said) if only there was more control over those

I like how they gave the assassin recruits more personality... not just in how they all fight, but in the fact that you can find them in bars and have a chat with them, very cool

the homestead was epic... i loved the stories, seeing it evolve, and finally finding out how to make 5 times the money i put into that crafting system

the navel bits were ok... i just wish they would have made the islands landable, and put junk and missions on them too, instead of always being on the aquila

so, like i said... if it was just a regular Ac game, or a mini installment like ACB or ACR then i would be thrilled (even with all the bugs) but... this release had more meaning and weight on it than the others... like a season finale

montagemik
12-02-2012, 08:20 AM
No one enjoyed it. I didn't either. I didn't even play it more than that mandatory time. But still, that was a feature that was taken out. :p

And I would like the old system back, yes. You only leap in the wrong direction if you try to have the game do everything for you.

AWWWW So you want all the garbage putting back into AC3 TOO ......??? (Give you more to whine about huh ? )
& NO i'm sorry , but the game leaping in the wrong direction far too often has been a problem since AC 1 days ..........A well known fact & the devs finally did something about it. OOOPS .

montagemik
12-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Yes, i understand how E3 works... but every year previously, they picked a scene right from the finished product... hell the revelations E3 trailer was cliffhangered and continued right into the game itself, how epic was that?!

believe it or not, i do have a lot of things that i thought were extremely well done... I loved haythems part (i managed to play spoiler free and played not knowing ANYTHING about ac3) cause i actually thought HE was the main character of AC3 and was totally invested in him by the time they pulled that rug out from under me, well played... once i got control of connor i was went "this is more like it!" lol

the maps are the best looking ac maps ever (never mind the fact that they made every map three times (summer, rain, and winter)

the double counters (nuff' said) if only there was more control over those

I like how they gave the assassin recruits more personality... not just in how they all fight, but in the fact that you can find them in bars and have a chat with them, very cool

the homestead was epic... i loved the stories, seeing it evolve, and finally finding out how to make 5 times the money i put into that crafting system

the navel bits were ok... i just wish they would have made the islands landable, and put junk and missions on them too, instead of always being on the aquila

so, like i said... if it was just a regular Ac game, or a mini installment like ACB or ACR then i would be thrilled (even with all the bugs) but... this release had more meaning and weight on it than the others... like a season finale

AHHH So now we have the real problem - You switched what you WANTED from the game & EXPECTED based on a PROMO E3 VIDEO & Decided to call it a PROMISE MADE BY THE DEVS !!!
Well then - GUESS WHO SCREWED UP ?? ( here's a clue , it wasn't Ubisoft in this case)

Dangerzone50
12-02-2012, 08:36 AM
lemme ask you this... with how the game started, all the lead up, how well done the transfer from haythem to connor was done, desmonds missions, the scope and scale of not just the world, but also the story telling to this point....

after all that. can you honestly say that they properly filled the AC3 world with enough to do, and with enough truly NEW things (like how every previous AC game would match and introduce one new mechanic or mission type for every one they decided to leave unchanged, very rarely removing anything of consequence). Or that the ending befit the epicness of the first few sequences and games that came before... my opinion is no, and judging by everything from this forum, to ign and gamespots bashing of it, to the fact that gamestop had to lower the trade in value of AC3 because of how many were trading it in... i'm with the majority here

i was kinda "meh" after i finished AC3... but after i took the time to watch all the trailers and videos... to read the interviews on kotaku and gamespot... i got pissed

AdrianJacek
12-02-2012, 08:39 AM
lemme ask you this... with how the game started, all the lead up, how well done the transfer from haythem to connor was done, desmonds missions, the scope and scale of not just the world, but also the story telling to this point....

after all that. can you honestly say that they properly filled the AC3 world with enough to do, and with enough truly NEW things (like how every previous AC game would match and introduce one new mechanic or mission type for every one they decided to leave unchanged, very rarely removing anything of consequence). Or that the ending befit the epicness of the first few sequences and games that came before... my opinion is no, and judging by everything from this forum, to ign and gamespots bashing of it, to the fact that gamestop had to lower the trade in value of AC3 because of how many were trading it in... i'm with the majority here
Well, yes. Yes I can. It usually takes me 20 hours to finish AC2, 21 for ACB and 18 for ACR. AC3 took me over 36. Thirty. Six.

Gi1t
12-02-2012, 09:11 AM
Yes, fans of a series will always be divided over change. But I just don't get the change that AC3 brings to the table. It seems to just leave out many unique features the franchise had before and doesn't really replace them with anything. It also seems to ignore much of the previous story that drove a lot of fan interest. I don't get the vision of what the change to the series is. If it was going from a social stealth game to an all-out action game, I could get that and decide if I liked it or not. But it's not doing that, it just sort of flounders around trying to find some sort of identity. It just throws so much stuff at you without feeling cohesive.

Because of Skyrim perhaps? It seems like Ubisoft often tries a little too hard to follow what they percieve as the "popular trends" in gaming rather than following a singular vision throughout. Fans will indeed always be divided by change. Ask about almost any game in a series and you'll find at least a few dozen fans who think that's where EVERYTHING went wrong. It's inevitable, but I think some of the people at Ubisoft don't really get that.

Personally, I was always more interested in how the social stealth would evolve, but after the second game, it seemed like they stopped caring about that. It seemed like Ezio's time was spent hiding behind walls instead of hiding in crowds. I loved the idea of acting like a normal person to avoid detection and hiding in plain sight. It opened up a lot of interesting possibilities since the main character was not limited to walking in the guards' blind spots only. But it seems like they just go further and further from that idea. All games evolve, sure, but this one seems to be evolving into everything that's already widely available in games.

ace3001
12-02-2012, 09:24 AM
AWWWW So you want all the garbage putting back into AC3 TOO ......??? (Give you more to whine about huh ? )
& NO i'm sorry , but the game leaping in the wrong direction far too often has been a problem since AC 1 days ..........A well known fact & the devs finally did something about it. OOOPS .

*sigh* The tower defense thing was a joke. But sarcasm doesn't go well on the internet, so that's that.

The "leaping in the wrong direction" is another matter, though. It was never an issue for me. I just turn the camera at where I want to jump, then hit forward + high profile + legs.
However, it might have been a problem on controllers cause you couldn't turn the camera while holding down both high profile and legs, which is now not an issue with the single button. That might be why you guys like the new controls. If so, fair enough.

psf22
12-02-2012, 10:29 AM
Because of Skyrim perhaps? It seems like Ubisoft often tries a little too hard to follow what they percieve as the "popular trends" in gaming rather than following a singular vision throughout. Fans will indeed always be divided by change. Ask about almost any game in a series and you'll find at least a few dozen fans who think that's where EVERYTHING went wrong. It's inevitable, but I think some of the people at Ubisoft don't really get that.

Personally, I was always more interested in how the social stealth would evolve, but after the second game, it seemed like they stopped caring about that. It seemed like Ezio's time was spent hiding behind walls instead of hiding in crowds. I loved the idea of acting like a normal person to avoid detection and hiding in plain sight. It opened up a lot of interesting possibilities since the main character was not limited to walking in the guards' blind spots only. But it seems like they just go further and further from that idea. All games evolve, sure, but this one seems to be evolving into everything that's already widely available in games.

Social stealth not evolved you say? Depends on how you look at it.

My perspective:
Blend with crowd more interactive as you're engaging with them in conversation or buying groceries, NPC gives compliments, ask you questions.
Start a riot? Guards will be distracted and you can take them out or impress the crowd and they will fight with you against them.
Moving carts, where you can jump in the back and ride along in large crowds and other area's.
Assassin Abilities: Covert? Lure?
Then there's still throw money for distraction or in de midst of pickpocketing, whistling!

In all of the above you can stealth and/or kill.

Just play around on 2/3 * Notoriety HUD OFF in the cities and see how many options there are. In my opinion it has far more social stealth variations then its predecessors.