PDA

View Full Version : So are there Tombs to explore or not???

SmokeCG25
11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Hello all -

I have been trying to search through the endless posts on this site trying to find anything regarding tombs in AC3. I am in sequence 9 and have not come across any yet. I thought I remember reading a post a while back that said there were tombs in the game but they were labeled as something else. I don't know about many of you, but I truely enjoyed navigating those huge rooms. Climbing, jumping and dangling high above the floor below made you feel like you were this tiny, inconsequential person, part of what was once a huge undertaking for those to build before.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Frontier, and if this is what Ubi used to replace the huge tombs, then I understand. I am just wondering if I may have missed something somewhere and would like to see if any of you have any information on this. Thanks in advance.

MasterAssasin84
11-28-2012, 04:51 PM
No Tombs but there are templar forts which when you take them down you get a better tax rate when trading from the Homestead.

SmokeCG25
11-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I have taken down some forts already.

Caeser_of_Rome
11-28-2012, 05:01 PM
I didn't know there was tombs but, there's a pre-order where you go in a Mian temple and find a tomb.

SmokeCG25
11-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Yes, the Mayan Temple was a pre-order exclusive from GameStop, and I'm certain we'll be able to play that in the near future.

MasterAssasin84
11-28-2012, 05:04 PM
Okay, thanks for the quick reply. I have taken down some forts already.

There are 7 in total i belive but if you collect all the peg leg trinkets you will get a map to island were captain Kids treasure is hidden ( the shard of Eden )

ACfan443
11-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Collect peg leg trinkets and go to peg leg at the harbour in the homestead, from there you'll go on peg leg missions which are like the tombs/lairs in previous AC games.

trever09
11-28-2012, 05:36 PM
Yeah the Captain Kidd mission are just like the other plat-forming missions, Assassin Tombs, Lairs of Romulus, Hagia Sophia and Masyaf Key Locations etc.

twenty_glyphs
11-28-2012, 05:52 PM
I was very disappointed in the "tomb" levels this time. I understand there aren't old churches or architecture to explore in America at the time, and when I found out they would be things like islands and shipwrecks to explore I thought that was a perfect way to fit them into the setting. So I was excited to see them, but I thought they were poorly designed and way too short. When I first got to Dead Chest Island I was excited about exploring the island and a shipwreck. But within a minute, you're railroaded through a chase sequence and before I knew it the mission was over. They all felt too short to me and like the settings weren't used well. There wasn't enough platforming or puzzle solving. I actually liked the next to last one with the creepy museum, but even it still just felt too short. The Mayan preorder bonus was just so short and pointless too. I liked these levels so much more in AC2 and ACB. Even Revelations still had some pretty good ones with nice puzzles.

ACfan443
11-28-2012, 06:37 PM
I was very disappointed in the "tomb" levels this time. I understand there aren't old churches or architecture to explore in America at the time, and when I found out they would be things like islands and shipwrecks to explore I thought that was a perfect way to fit them into the setting. So I was excited to see them, but I thought they were poorly designed and way too short. When I first got to Dead Chest Island I was excited about exploring the island and a shipwreck. But within a minute, you're railroaded through a chase sequence and before I knew it the mission was over. They all felt too short to me and like the settings weren't used well. There wasn't enough platforming or puzzle solving. I actually liked the next to last one with the creepy museum, but even it still just felt too short. The Mayan preorder bonus was just so short and pointless too. I liked these levels so much more in AC2 and ACB. Even Revelations still had some pretty good ones with nice puzzles.

I agree, they were good but too short. However, they didn't need to have large buildings/cathedrals to make platforming missions, they have this massive frontier and I they could have had underground platforming missions through a cave entrance or something. I would've thought that with something like the frontier, their creativity and imagination for platforming missions would've gone wild, seeing as there were no structural restrictions. But no, cave entrances were only used for treasure chests. I really like the concept, I wish it was explored further. A positive about peg leg missions is that the atmosphere was great

twenty_glyphs
11-28-2012, 07:07 PM
I agree, they were good but too short. However, they didn't need to have large buildings/cathedrals to make platforming missions, they have this massive frontier and I they could have had underground platforming missions through a cave entrance or something. I would've thought that with something like the frontier, their creativity and imagination for platforming missions would've gone wild, seeing as there were no structural restrictions. But no, cave entrances were only used for treasure chests. I really like the concept, I wish it was explored further. A positive about peg leg missions is that the atmosphere was great

I agree, they got the atmosphere and environments of the Peg Leg missions down well. It just never felt like they used it much. You're right, they had whole islands and environments with no restrictions on what kind of platforming they designed, and just didn't put much in at all.