PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed III - Graphical Errors and Great Dissapointment

KitCat2021
11-28-2012, 07:11 AM
I finally was able to pick up my pre-order of Assassin's Creed 3 (AC3) and got to sit down and really pay close attention to the game and its story; it started out rather well, it started like much of the other ones did, but I'm more than alright with that - I happen to like games that start like the AC series have.

The troubles with the game didn't really start until after Desmond had entered the Annimus (can't spell it right any time I try, sorry folks)... I started noticing slight graphical glitches where on characters' hands or hats you would see them stretched out to being severely pointed and sharp, almost like they were turned into pointed knives or daggers. Itís a rather strange glitch, and makes the game play rather comical more than serious; and like I said, their usually not bothersome, but when youíre playing the game and Desmond or someone is wearing a hat or a scarf and said hat or scarf has a jagged edge jutting through the characters throat - it makes for a rather frustrating distraction during the cinematicís.

The one glitch that finally made me stop and want to bring this matter up and, in all honesty, complain about it was when Desmond is on a boat at the very beginning of the game with another individual for 70+ days (wonít give spoilers or anything). Desmond goes to the captain of the boat and the two of them step up close to each other, Desmond speaks, but when it's the captains turn to speak he stands there like a frozen model and doesn't move or react to anything that he's supposed to react to - all while the voice actor for him is talking on. Then it goes back to Desmond speaking and apparently their supposed to walk off the scene with each other or something (not sure, think the captain say's "Follow Me") but the captain remains standing in his position and doesn't move. Then there's also the fact that - just like with the other AC series - it gets me going in a mission and then just stops explaining to me what to do and just expects me to know exactly what I'm supposed to do next; I'm sorry, if it's meant to be that way, then I'm a failure at games. And that says a lot since I've finished quite a few of your games in the past just fine on my own without any walkthroughs or cheats (and got 100% completion), so I really don't think it's me that's the issue on that one.

These are just examples of the problems I have ran into with my copy of AC3, and in all honesty, this is ridiculous... I spent close to $60 on this extremely anticipated, highly acclaimed, very exciting game and this is what I am rewarded with? Glitches so bad it makes me turn off the game and walk away sickened to my stomach? I am truly disappointed in you, Ubisoft, how can you release a game with so many large glitches in it like this? I have read where people can't even finish some of their missions because of glitches in the game... This is sad and diss-heartening.

I have just one request of you and your developing team: Fix the glitches. Quickly.

Assassin_M
11-28-2012, 07:22 AM
Ehh...Welcome..

And...Feedback thread ?:)

KitCat2021
11-28-2012, 06:05 PM
Ehh...Welcome..

And...Feedback thread ?:)

Omg.... There's a feedback thread!?

MasterAssasin84
11-28-2012, 06:10 PM
Omg.... There's a feedback thread!?

Yep right at the top of the thread list.

Welcome to the forums Dude :)