PDA

View Full Version : Desmond had the worst life ever! (SPOILERS)

rupok2
11-28-2012, 05:45 AM
So after beating AC3 I realize now that desmond had the worst life known to man. He is born an assassin separated from the world to be trained by his father until he was teen, he then runs away from home and maybe lives a few years in peace before abstergo gets to him. He then basically has been in the animus since and holds on to the huge burden of saving the world. He has to kill his potential lover. He never has a true life. All of that hardship/training comes down to nothing as he finds out he was merely a disposable item thrown away like a bag of scraps in 5 minute cutscene, not a word from his friends and just a few sentences from his father.

I really hope he isn't cast away as nothing. I know his arc ended but that doesn't mean he can't play any significant parts in the future maybe like how subject 16 played a part. Maybe the animus still remembers him because it would be just sad otherwise, not in a dramatic sense but something even worse. maybe he becomes a guiding light just like the ones who came before.

Auztinito
11-28-2012, 06:37 AM
Me as well.I have a bad feeling about it.I still believe Desmond can pull a Subject 16(hopefully as permanent as Shaun & Rebecca) guiding the new guy.

pirate1802
11-28-2012, 12:32 PM
Did Desmond have a ****ty life? Yes
Did Desmond have the worst life known to man? Nope. Not by a long shot, I've seen worse, for real. See the positive side. In his short life he probably lived lives, did things and visited places that would probably take three or four lifetimes normally. No one among us can do that. :(

And I too, strongly believe that even though Desmond is dead, he's not 100% done yet. He may become the next protagonist's Clay. And I'd love that.

infamous_ezio
11-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Desmond was captured in 2012, he ran away at 16, i recall he was born in 1987, he had a whole 9 years of living... didn't really have that bad of a life. In the encyclopedia apparently he says he "perished"... stupid ubisoft and the cryptic messages...

AntiChrist7
11-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Well that seems to be inherent to an assassin live i guess. Altair and Ezio didnt have a happy live either for the most part

rupok2
11-28-2012, 03:45 PM
9 years of hiding is what desmond did. He changed his identity so no one could find him and he worked as a bartender to get away from it all. Those 9 years he didn't actually live a life he was trying to just ignore/stay away from his other life.

Altair, ezio and connor still lived whole lives even tho it was filled with hardships. Desmond lived their lives but it was only a matter of days with scraps of important memories.

cmrggamer
11-28-2012, 07:26 PM
From what I understood of the ending, the saddest part to me was the fact that each of the assassins -- Altair, Ezio, Connor--had so many hardships in their lives, so much loss (and yes, Desmond didn't have the best life either) and near the beginning of AC3 we have this conversation between Desmond and his father about how's he sick of being a pawn...but ALL of them were pawns for Juno's plan. She put them through everything, just so she could be free. This to me, is the saddest part of his life. In the end, he was exactly what he didn't want to be--and it wasn't even between the assassin's and the templars.
This is what I took away from the end, but if I'm wrong please feel free to correct me!

Shad0wmancer1
11-28-2012, 09:48 PM
So after beating AC3 I realize now that desmond had the worst life known to man. He is born an assassin separated from the world to be trained by his father until he was teen, he then runs away from home and maybe lives a few years in peace before abstergo gets to him. He then basically has been in the animus since and holds on to the huge burden of saving the world. He has to kill his potential lover. He never has a true life. All of that hardship/training comes down to nothing as he finds out he was merely a disposable item thrown away like a bag of scraps in 5 minute cutscene, not a word from his friends and just a few sentences from his father.

Yep, like a bag of scraps in a 5 minute cutscene. Absolutely awful ending.